How many pull ups can Veeky Forums do to failure...

How many pull ups can Veeky Forums do to failure? Please don't tell me there are weak bitches in this thread who can't do over 20.

>5'10
>150
15 on a bad day 25 on a well rested

Im 250 lbs and cant do one

27 with complete strict form and going down in a controlled motion. Bouldering from the age of 5-22 which helped. Really no point in going over 20 reps if you're just trying to build muscle. Once you get reps up that high blast your back with weighted ones.

>150 lbs*

Guaranteed, most people posting here who say that they can do over 20 don't even release all the way at the bottom and instead do 75% ROM.

/thread

>150lbs

2 neutral grip pull ups

about 10 if it's not full ROM from dead-hang

28 string form pullups from complete dead hang to chin above the bar.

>about 10 if it's not full ROM from dead-hang

ZEEEROOOOooooo

best way to git gud at pull-ups? i’m trying the 0-4 routine from 50pullups right now but i’m not sure how great of a website it is, just saw it mentioned in another thread

6'2 99kg. I can do 4 on a good day but usually just 2. I hate them.

All you have to do is do neutrals until you get to one with good form; then keep doing sets of your amrap.

22 with strict form on my first set, 15-17 thereafter. Once you start getting above 10 you should really start doing weighted pull-ups though.

The bottom of my pull ups are weak as fuck, I keep trying to do them strict form but it's hard as fuck to move out of the bottom of the movement, and that part always tires out way before anything else(maybe 5 solid reps) any tips?

More pull-ups.

neutrals, is that the same as a negative? just jump up and slowly lower yourself

>190
>6

sorry I meant negative. Neutrals are just a kind of grip.

0 pull-ups, but 9 chin-ups

Am I retarded? How can I become capable of doing pull-ups?

Can do 40 deadhang

15 max palms forward or backward

neutral grip pull ups are not pull ups

lose weight

Pullups from a deadhang fuck my shoulders right up. I go right above deadhang and reset every rep when I do weighted. That way every rep starts and stops at the same way with no bounce to aid me or no weird stops to fuck me up. I'm trying to work my way back up to 100 pounds added for chins and a 2 rep max for pullups

Yeah lose weight and if your gym has an assisted pullup machine then use that too

16 @150 13%
my back overall is weak

6'3 220

8 dead hangs with 90lbs+

How can I begin to perform one full pull up?

Cant do a single one..250 lbs

>t. manlet

180 and 79kg, only can do 11 pull ups.

Lose weight dude

6' 175lbs, I can do around 8

>tfw could do more pullups as a child

I can do 5.

Proper form, full extension of arms to chin above bar.

>29
>80kg
>188 cm

Am I shit tier?

palms backwards is called chin ups. way different movement

Fuck thats good advice

178, 78kg
Going for 21kg x 5 chinups today, yesterday got 17kg x 5.

>5'10
>165 pounds
>37 pull ups
i do them 4 times a week and the day i don't do them i just do scapula retractions.

Your are not activating your scapulas during the pull up that's why your fucking shoulder hurts you mongol. On top of that you are doing them with weights on to fuck it all up quicker.
Fucking brainlet stop what you are doing and do some negatives first.

12 deadhang
I used to be able to do 22

5'10
211lbs
think its pretty good for someone my size
can do 18-20

>5'10
>211lbs
post pic fatso

20 weighted with 20lbs... today was a suck ass day, been cutting, so very calorie deficient.

>Been lifting for a month
>6'0", 175 lbs
>Couldn't do a single pullup
>Can now do 2
>Bench has doubled as well, went from 20's to one plate
We're all gonna make it.

here you go cunt
not the biggest, but still a work in progress

>ITT: skinny t-rex armed manlets think they're strong for doing pull-ups with a 12" ROM while weighing less than a typical braphog
try rowing 3pl8 big boi

t. 6'3 mustard rice

Looking big bro.

from the back maybe
the front is utter shit tho
seem to be holding most of my fat around my waist

How many years have you been training?

first of all: checked
been on and off since 2014-2016
after that got injured, couldnt lift for 3 months,
after that a shit girlfriend who took all my time lol
so end 2016 i really started back up, started with stronglifts till end 2017, and now im cutting for summer
so in total about 3 years, but dedicated for the last year

I don't know bw but I can rep out 20 w/ 1 plate at 245 bw

White Morpheus

>I don't know bw
>245 bw
(brainlet wojak picture)

Bw reps retard

>weighing the third that of a grown males minimum.

5'10-5'11
167 lbs (lost a few pounds, was sick of stomach, RIP gains and fucking sucks)

I should be able to do >10 with good form, don't ever go past 8 when training though. I just do multiple sets of 8 until failure.

My weighted overhand max is 40 kg, underhand 55-60 kg. Suprisingly I can only do 15 reps of either variation before I get too pumped (and that was when I trained specifically for reps). I never do pull ups outside 5-8 reps if weighted.

how much do you dl

atm i do 5x172.5kg, so i think about a 200kg max?

1 chin up, completely hanging position, chin above the bar on the final position

Been stuck for ages on 6-7 in the first set and steadily decreasing with each subsequent set.

4 but i'm out of shape. used to be able to do 10.

175 cm 80kg, can do 15 in one go. Usually do 50-65 per upper workout (no more than 2 sets without another exercise in between or with lots of rest). Mostly sets of 8-10. When do i start adding weight? Been thinking when i can do 75/workout comfortably.

12-15 at the end of a workout. No idea how many at the beginning since it's a pretty useless exercise to ruin my grip on.

This. These are the silliest threads."Hurrr I can do about a thousand with my 90 lbs balls hanging from my crotch"

I'm 1.83 83kg, I can do around 15-20 dead hang pull ups, maybe more if I struggled?

I mainly do weighted chins, I can do 6 with 40kg on the belt.

>weak bitches in this thread who can't do over 20

I can do 20 at 160 lbs.

>over 20
sorry i'm not an endurance athlete

>185 cm
>102 kg
20 on a good day
15 usual
yeah, I'm a fat fuck

>t. Fatty that can do as much pullups as an average girl

t. Amerimutt

I can do 5 with 90ib on my belt

31 is my record. I think maybe 35-40 though.

Did 21, 16, 12, 12, 10, 7 @ 78kg/172lbs yesterday.

been getting better. I go to the local park every morning at 3am and do pullups, before exploring the rest of my town

21kg for 4.5 chinups at 80kg bw (dead hang and chin over the bar ofcourse). Tomorrow going for 23kg and I hope for 4.
One question, why do you guys use pull ups for cardio? Just lmaoing at you if you are going over 10 reps unweighted.

I guess 12-13 with very good form and a 1 second rest at the bottom

57 in a row until i fail but since getting this bloody flu at xmas i can now do a staggering 8...all that fuckin work

well they are not deadlifts, that's for sure

Do mixed grip and gradually shift the weight to your overhand arm.

6' set of 15, will weight when I hit 20. I think fulcrum pull-up bars are far superior however.