/fast/ #74 - It's not about the weight loss edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC_yUeH8TsG5pxqvkOxBtsFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

currently 80h in on my dry fast, aiming for 168.

You're a tough cunt, watch yourself. How much weight/bf% loss?

Anyone got any before/after pics for tightening loose skin? If you've already got loose skin will fasting still help?

How do you guys sleep? Second day in I always toss and turn, its like I'm in a state of constant stress.

im also wondering this.

>tfw you break your fast with a 172g carb meal but don't gain any weight back the next day
Feels pretty good, lads.

Can anyone here that has been trying fasting intermittently for the past few months actually post some pics of their progress?

Everyone here always claims they lost 10kg, 20kg, 40kg but no one ever posts pics as proof except for the same two over and over again even though one of them at least shows very little weight loss.

I mean, I want to believe but I just want proof that this is actually something that works and is sustainable in reality.

LOL check it out, Einstein here finally figured out that we're lying.

did a 120h before, t'was ez. I started at 178, aiming for 163. Final cut, if i don't reach that i'll water fast till i get down there.

Not eating will most certainly help you lose weight, I don't understand why you would doubt this.

youtube.com/channel/UC_yUeH8TsG5pxqvkOxBtsFA

Thank you, this is really great. I was saying that people claim to lose weight but never post pictures. So your picture-less claim of losing weight is exactly the departure from the norm that I was looking for. Thank you, dipshit!

Just to indulge you and keep me motivated to not fuck up I am going to post progress pictures of my water fast from next week on.

Broke my water fast after 60 hours today due to headache and feeling shitty overall. Next one will try and aim for a week. Will probably start on Sunday.

i actually took a before picture this time, wait for monday when i finish my fast, cuckshit.

Hour 24 of water fast checking in. I did a 4 day last summer and looking to go 10 days this time around.

Just the thread I wanted to see. OP you've done a fantastic job, I've been away from Veeky Forums for some time and I'm really glad this thread is up.

Nah. How about instead of me waiting, you get on your hands and knees and fully suck my penis off to completion in front of your parents.

you are literally retarded

Sure is noisy down there. You flop my dick out the zipper yet, slave?

I'm a fat fuck trying to lose weight with fasting, want me to take progress pics? I'm not doing intermittent fasting though.

72h in. Seeing slight results already. Not drinking the sodium+potassium concoction, just water. Feeling a bit weak. Resting heart rate seems to have gone up. I don't know if I'm still entering ketosis or if it's a lack of electrolytes.

Taken photo roughly same time every day. Only 58 hours in so far. Will take more and report back

Feel alright now. Not as hungry as I was but have drank black coffee and tea (over night work)

Just drink some salt+lite salt water man, it's not exactly hard and it does make you feel better.

lack ofelectrolytes faggot
wait till you get heart arrhythmia

>resting heart rate up
That's the cortisol. Don't forget that fasting is a stress on the body. Do some breathing exercises / meditation or whatever you're into and do some chillaxin.

I have taken before pictures at 156.7kg.
Down to 140 now.
Gonna fast until I hit 100, then progress pics.

you're going to fast until you're 100? how old are you now?

Hey guys!
I am fasting for 3 days already.
Besides water, i only drink 1 tab of vitamin C (total of 8 calories per tab and sugar in the ingredients) and a cup of coffe made with 2 spoons (each spoon has 4 calories and sugar added)
I know is very little sugar and just 16 calories, but how will this react to my fast?

Yeah. I experienced that in the other two week-long water fasts I did. I think I'mm gonna buy some lite salt. Luckily, I already have himalayan salt.
I like to think my heart is working harder to get that fat outta my fat cells.

48h in my fast I feel like taking a shit every couple of hours, but when I go try to take a shit obviously there's nothing there. My body seems to be confused.

Cut the sugar you fucking pussy.
Fuck.
Nothing but salt and vitamins, how is that so hard for everyone to understand?
No you can't eat god damned sugar on a fast.

I am not adding sugar tho, its already in the vitamin you fucking retarded piece of shit.

Then don't take it, you don't need vitamin C, its totally irrelevant.

I'm not adding the sugar to this bag of sugar either, so it's okay right?

the difference is the actual amount in an 8 calorie vitamin.

Has any of you notice if fast affected acne in any way? Possitive ot negative. A friend of my recommended it but have you guys had any real effect?

I once did three weeks. I'm gonna beat that record.

i have oily skin and it gets drastically better on a dry fast. Don't have a lot of acne but my skin gets way better while dry fasting.

I'm gonna beat you.

I'll do a month. Starting monday. Ill be drinking coffee until then.

be careful, coffee on an empty stomach might cause gastritis

I'm aiming for at least 3 months. Got a lot of fat to lose.
Week long fasts have been easy as shit so far, so I figured why not just go all out.

Fine, no coffee

how important is it to stay away from caffeine while fasting?

i drink caffeinated sparkling water as my main source of caffeine. followed by black coffee... are these things okay? they are, right?

I'm doing it for the lucidity. And a muffin top I've ignored for too long.

I've e always been somewhat self destructive so I would do it, but it's probably not

It’s Thursday 9 pm here, last ate on Tuesday at the same time, trying to work off the binge eating/drinking/purging I did on NYE and NY day. I’m already quite underweight and I’m not even particularly hungry right now (though I miss the taste of eggs and veggies) but the discipline aspect is very important for my self respect. I’d like to overcome bulimia this year.

this is bait

Elaborate

I eat breakfast at 6:00am and lunch at 10:00 and fast for 20 hours
Should i be involving alot of low GI carbs in my meals or avoiding them ? Do you think i would be bette off fasting for longer then 20 hours?

Just do OMAD my man.
More fasting is always better.

I personally avoid caffeine because I don't like stimulants as a group generally but it's not going to break you out of a fast. There have been absolutely no studies on coffee during a fasted state in the first place yet we know your body does not release insulin during the metabolization of drugs so there's nothing to worry about. Don't just mindlessly listen to Cole's spiels dude. Artificial sweeteners are fine too.

Started fasting today at 12am. Before i was on two day OMAD only grilled pork. 120 kg. 195 cm. I hope to reach 90 kg and get back to facemoddeling, wish me luck fastbros.we are gonna goNna make it

To follow up on this, I actually managed to take a shit, it was all black and smelled like rotten death I can't even describe it, I've never had a shit smell so bad. Am I ok?

How am i supposed to be an effective boiler maker if i dont eat at all, im constantly doing math in my head combined with physical work. This is where i wish i was a deadend cunt with a brainless job

Out of curiosity: did anyone here fast and not eat until they lost like 10 kg or more?

Hey guys im pretty new to this and was wondering what vitamins can you take during a fast. I want to take vit c because i have stopped smoking and know that it drained me of the stuff and are stuff like fish oil okay to take?

One time I did a 6-day water fast and lost almost that amount.

Cont.: took a walk to the market to get litesalt. The sun is hitting hard around these here parts. I feel a bit better than before. Don't know why.

fish oil is pure fat so no.

supplements probably don't matter unless you're going more than a few days. sodium chloride (table salt), potassium chloride and magnesium are usually the most talked about things you need and like all things on the internet with wildly varying opinions

Could you take fish oil during the eating window?

imagine that stuff still being in your body

All these people with the vitamins meme, do any of you actually believe some vitamin pills are gonna make your fatass any more healthy?

Live your fucking life and stop believing in memes, fast occasionally for 72hrs and don't eat like a swine during feeding times. It's not rocket science.

Also, lol at any piece of shit that says that Zero Calorie energy drinks break fasts. Morons all around

(you)

>TFW I'm not breaking my ongoing fast (since the 1st of this month) because there is nothing worthy in my fridge to break it with.

someone has had their first sip of the day

anyone else have the same meal they look forward to when they only eat 3-4 times a week?

i almost always make bowls containing mandarins, cucumber, cheese, bacon and a plate of french omelette. usually adding some thick soup and drinking raw grass fed cow milk. this has become almost my standard meal.

sometimes i eat it with chopsticks since everything is in small pieces and and in different bowls. makes the meal take a lot longer.

I just drank three cups of coffee and it feels like there’s a black hole in my tummy. I don’t think I want to fast anymore, bros

instead of the elektrolyte water could I also just eat cucumbers instead in a OMAD style with pink salt since it is high in Potassium?

Oh shit nvm it was just gas bros. That was the biggest fucking fart ever, Jesus fuck. I’m okay now.

could I instead of drinking the elektrolyt Water eat only Cucumbers with pink salt instead in a OMAD style since they are high in Potassium?

I've been doing this myself for a while and I'm skinny even when I eat alot though alot of people have been saying it's gonna fuck up my metabolism any truth to this?I enjoy fasting.

are you me

im not even into fasting, i just generally hate the food i have and am too lazy to go buy something

i have not drunk water in 3 days and i kinda feel fine. are there certain symptoms i need to be really careful of? some people say i could just suddenly drop dead.

The fuck are you talking about?
You think you'll go from genius to braindead because you eat once a day instead of twice?

not him but he meant that he would have dificulties working low on energy and said that he wouldnt need that kind of focus if he would have a deadbeat job

you wont have low energy on even 1 meal every 48 hours once you are used to it.

which happens after even a 1-2 week fast

>missed the new thread

so is it possible to build muscle over the week and burn fat over the weekend while fasting?

I get lethargic by 4:00pm as it is, when should i be eating my one meal per day? Do you think at night is better? I struggle to get food down in the morning anyway but eating kickstarts me in to the day abit and helps negate my snappy arogant nature a bit at work

>TFW the fast is to also save money

you should fucking get used to it.

you wont feel lethargic anymore at some point.

i dont even get hungry before 16:00 i eat at like 18:00-19:00

>day two of fast
>took 150 mg of ketamine with obviously no food
>went full retard
>stomach ulcer 24 hours later
you have got to be fucking joking right now bros

>mix 2000mg of lite salt & pink salt.

I'm a brainlet, is this 1g of each? Is lite salt pure potassium?

Yes but only of it is once a day, and you are conscious that you are breaking it when you eat the cucumbers right?

Depends on your eating window

Doesn't that shit cause bladder problems?

and ruin his fast? I thought we were supposed to support each other in our fasting.

Why does it say on the back of my salt shaker that there are 0.4kcal

Does this matter

Yeah, but you have to do grams a day to get very adverse effects like that. All compound analgesics including codeine can result in stomach ulcers even in low recreational doses though so say hello to bloody shit and stomach pain for at least a week. That's why I say opiates are shit-tier, well not morphine because it's pure euphoria.

Depends on your lifting schedule, type of food you're using to refeed and type of fast

nigga is talking about fighting bulimia with anorexia. it is hilarious bait.

>took 150 mg of ketamine with obviously no food
Are you stupid?

I mean obviously he is.

Really nigga?

I certainly think so. In fact I can't even go to a doctor because I'm not telling him I take drugs recreationally which means he'll think it's bacterial and give me antibiotics and that won't do a thing for me. I guess I'll have to eat a lot fruit, buy an OtC anti-acid medication, and take it easy for a little bit.
I'm quite new to this kind of stuff. I do practice safety (well try at least) and self-control so I'm not going to be an addict suffering without a hit.

no