/plg/ - powerlifting general

Be nice to each other, strongmen are our bros.

first for he was right

2nd for cuties

what a fucking faggot this is worse than sumo look at that 2 inch ROM

Nah thanks I don't care much about aesthetics but national tier oly guys look dyel as fuck vs strongmen or powerlifters.
>inb4 you post some non amateur international pro trying to prove your point.

Is there anything actually wrong with 531? All this shilling is getting some autists wound up and I'm curious why.

does pulling sumo tax your lower back less?

Hmmm a couple of braps have happened perhaps I do need to dispose of Norman khan after all, didn't think I would need to after yesterdays special afternoon edition

but it's struggling to come out nothing but brrrpffttss so far

ARGHHHHH CMOOOOOOOOOON CMOOOOOOON IM REALLY PRESSING HERE

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ALMOOOOOOOOOOST

OH SHIT HERE WE GOOOOOOOO

SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PLOP SPLLSSHHHHHHHHHHHPLASH

HOLY HECK NOT MUCH CAME OUT BUT FUCKING HELL THIS NORMAN KHAN THAT JUST FUCKING WAS EXCRETED STINKS SO FUCKING BAD

WOW
WOW

JUST WOW

HOLD ON MORES COMING OUT

BRRRPFFFFFFTT

SQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH

WOW THIS ONES AN ENTIRE LOG THAT IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOWLY COME OUT

BRPFTTT PLOOOOOP

ITS JUST AS STINKY AS THE LAST ONE

IT STINGS MY NOSTRILS

STINK FACTOR 7.9/10

WWWWWWWWEWWWW LAD

already said it in previous threads, I think 5/3/1 for beginners/early intermediates you need to do the BBB template or if you are clever you will be able to play around with it.
However as a program in general all the guys that made actual decent progress were either cutting (1500+ total gymbuddy made gains while he went down a weightclass) or actually strong i.e mid intermediate to end of it.

brrrpffffffffffffffffffft
wwwwwwowww heyoooooooo

ploooooooooopp plop plop

wow the Norman khan just keeps coming out

plop
fuck why is it SO STINKY

Norman khan stink factor increased to an 8.2/10
DAMNN

DAMN

at this point i cant stop thinking that youre memeing about your lowerback

please stop fucking posting about your fucking lower back you fucking faggot it will heal in time learn proper form and bracing

It isn't a great powerlifting program. Which is fine, it was never intended to be used as a meet prep cycle.

People hate it because it runs counter to the current orthodoxy on 'proper' powerlifting training (high frequency, moderate reps, low variation) and because Wendler is kind of an abrasive sort of guy.

More legitimately, he's got a bad tendency to forget most of the people taking his advice are not anything like him so it falls to pieces. "Keep a rep in the tank and maybe don't always go for the AMRAP" is good advice when you're a 700lb deadlifter who spent years shitting his spleen out twice a week on max effort work, doesn't work so well when the person listening has a 300lb dead and no idea of what real effort is.

>powerlifting general
>strongman op

so confusing

The strongmen don't have their own threads, so they can join us, i'd rather them than the influx of SS-tier lifters we've been getting recently.

/plg/ absorbed /smg/ years back after the attempt to spin it off failed (if that cunt of a janitor is still around... fuck him). Every now and then it reasserts itself for a bit.

Deadlift user here. Hit 200kg for 1rm this morning. Hopefully my back is alright for tomorrow. Want to squat 120kg for 5x10 then I'll shoot for 185kgx5 DL and then want to do a fair bit of accessory work.

do you have vids of the deadlift I really like cat vids on thrusdays?

not the same guy

Back didn't round, got the parkinsons locking out though lol.

you def did round

Also cat day is Saturdays

doesnt matter.
he should still post vids

I rounded when i attempted a few days ago since weight flung out away and couldn't move past knees. Today, the bar moved quick to mid-thigh.

Who here /paid to lift/?
Look at all of you, /paying to lift/ and not being /paid to lift/.

>4 Month lifter
>Attempting 1rm that he failed 2-3 times before very very recently
>back didn't round
Cmon

>didn't round
>Today, the bar moved quick to mid-thigh.
>got the parkinsons locking out though
what did he mean by this?

i either call bs without video or talentchads pls go if true

Enough bullying of the new guy, although that does sound like you're rounding take care of your back lad.
Also how is your diet going? Is your mum still being a twinkshit?

Its possible he just has upper back rounding and not lumbar flexion.

Wouldn't bet on it though.

>wendler is abrasive

Thats how you get results out of people, not telling people shit lifts were good and making them feel good about themselves

I was called over to take a look at a deadlift last night and i was honest, it didnt look good and i told the guy

Diets okay. Veggies are getting cheap now. I've also been getting unhomogenised milk for 1.5/L and drinking a litre of that and get in about 300g chicken breast most days. Is creatine effective beyond intramuscular water retention, should i be taking it? Currently NoSupping atm, did buy some betaine a few months ago but stopped trading it because i didn't see much of a distance.

A benefit of deadlifting is that I've gained some good mass on the hammies, though glutes are a noted weak m muscle group i need to bring up.

Hands are getting rugged though with calluses along all creases in my hands.

Wendler is like Advanced Blaha
Even their names are similar

There's constructive and there's abrasive - they're two different things, and mixing them up generally makes you an asshole.

1L of milk and 300g of chicken breast still sounds like practically no calories - that's what, 960 kcal? Eat more.

I think it's hilarious that anyone thinks that Wendler is abrasive. He speaks and writes honestly like a man.

I don't think he's any more abrasive than a strong father figure or sports coach.

Creatine for me anyway is effective in volume work it lets me get in that extra 2-3 reps. Which in long term is pretty good, there are no responders so I suppose you could be one but i've been taking it now for almost 2 years everyday with my coffee and can immediately tell when I have periods without.
Getting callused hands is a good thing as long as your calluses aren't getting too big and they need filing.
Anyway need to go do memeburn day 2.

Ex.. excuse me. Ahem. Please get stronger by starting light, progressing slow, and by setting personal bests. But if you decide to program hop everytime it gets challenging and stay weak, that is perfectly fine too! I mean, follow your heart, and do whatever feels right, because that is clearly helping you reach your strength goals!

Th...thanks. I hope I didn't come off as too abrasive. Feel free to download my ebooks for free and take advantage of my program if you choose, or not! You might not want to run my program at all because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

Sorry sorry thank you thank you.

Dear Jim,

what 3d exercises would you recommend to do instead of squats, bench press and deadlifts on your program?

I agree 100% with you

When it comes to lifting advice i can understand why people, especially wendler would be short with people

You give good advice and recommend solid programming/exercise selection and you just get idiots who know nothing questioning EVERYTHING and countering your advice with stuff theyve read elsewhere and ‘but so and so says...’ and ‘thats a lot of beef and eggs, muh cholesterol’

>do a squatmorning then fall over sideways. all dimensions (available to humans) being worked fully

I know youre being a mega cunt with this post but, loaded carries, sled work, prowler pushes, yoke walks

How do I know which weights to choose for attempts? Got my first competition in february.
So with squats I can do 185 for 3 and 157,5 for 10. Where am I looking to finish, and how do I determine good opener?

>muh cholesterol
Just want to remind everyone I've been eating 4 eggs a day every day for the past 5 years and had blood test done a month ago. Guess what everything was fine.

I still dont get your logic. You say programs don't matter you say that consistency matters, but then you say that program hoping is bad. So if consistency is the key and programming doesn't matter then program hoping shouldn't be an issue at all according to your logic.

I'd say a good opener would be just above your 3RM. So in your case for example open at 187.5, if it feels really good jump to 195 and if not only increase to 192.5 - 3rd attempt would be another 5kg added to 2nd.
If you make 3/3 at 197.5 or 200kg you might think "damn I could've done more" but that's ok, just compete again in a few months and set a new max that is 5-10kg higher. Eventually you'll reach a point where you could't have done more.

because changing program isnt being consistent???? when you get off start a new program you abandon the progress you made on the other

Is there a way to do this without a spotter? I have a home gym and squat/goodmorning inside a rack, I will just hit the safety bar when falling sideways and injure myself that way.

I know you're much stronger and experienced than me but aren't these 1d movements since you're moving in one dimension (forward)?

Holy shit I tried on a yellow slingshot today and benched 485 pretty easily with a raw max of 420@250.

Wonder if I can get 500 with some practice.

Pointless goal but it's fucking fun.

Why tho? if someone goes to the gym 4 days a week and keeps going 4 days a week how is it not being consistent. btw I don't support program hoping and I think it's shit, but if programs don't matter then it shouldn't matter.

just remove the safety bars

pls be in kgs

I dont think gbro is saying programming doesnt matter. you obviously have to follow some sort of plan/progression to get stronger. hes saying that which one you follow is less important than how much effort you put into doing it

That's the problem, what if I fail the rep?

I wasn't talking to garagebro, but to plasma shill.

only the eccentric matter on squatmoring sidefalls, you dont need to worry about getting back up

Alright, thanks. Hoping to finish at 200 then.

Drop the bar..

same shit applies tho. you need to follow a program from start to finish to get stronger, but which one in particular doesnt matter as much as how much effort you put in (as long as its not retarded)

excuse me Jim but you don't have trigger warning thank xhe

once you've fallen one way, just fall the other way to get back. literally impossible to fail

5lb or 2.5lb increases for chins and dips?

2.5lb. Its pretty hard to gain 5lb bodyweight per week without getting fat

hehe

2.5 muscles are too small

Did some stonelifting yesterday with my gym's only stone (100kg)
6 one-motion reps with no grip aids (tacky/chalk) or a belt. Going to use some chalk this weekend and go for 10

>only two people in the gym
>me and some teen grill
>go to bench 90% of my max
>should have been an easy double
>obviously didn't account for fatigue properly
>had to do the roll of shame as I couldn't lock out first rep
>she asks if I'm alright
>stutter like a fucking beta
>didn't even form real words

I want to ree so hard rn

Depends how you do them

Take sled drags
You can walk forward
You can walk backward
You can walk laterally

The others yeah ill concede probably should do them forward only, but you are still picking something UP then moving with it

Farmers with one hand you are walking forward but still fighting against lateral movement

ahhaha betaaaaa as fuck I once went for max effort dl and same situation (only me and qt) instead I ripped the loudest squidgy fart in existence topkek hit the tho

did this while staring at a cute twink doing machine rows infront of me

not sure if youd noticed but a slingshot is not allowed in a comp

>doing crunches with I think 60kgs?
>probably doing them wrong but whatever
>qts miring
>overhear them saying "he might as well be using a barbell" or something
>fart incoming
>it's either fart or stop the set
>fart but only a bit
>do a rep
>do a small fart again
>do a rep

it was like brp... brp... brp.. brp... for the rest of the set.

>running laps with some fags
>everyone is lazy and just walks, only me and a couple of other dudes still running
>as I'm passing some people I get an urge to fart
>keep it in, pick up speed to fart once out of hearing distance
>ok far enough
>don't want to fart anymore though
>k
>run more
>start passing the same group again
>want to fart again
>hold again
>pass, don't want to fart anymore
>repeat x 10
>want to fart but literally can't after that, weird feeling

She just left and I hit a 10kg unbelted deadlift pr 2 minutes after

Granted I turned the music way up cause nobody was here

are you sure ?

pls b qt
dedicated
she probably posted it on ig lel

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

The SPF unironically has a bench w/ slingshot division. Or at least they were supposed to add one last year.

I'm deadlifting and ohping to avril lavigne and taytay

HELP
recently maxed out on bench at 112.5kg
gonna be bulking for another month, what program should I do in the meanwhile to hopefully add another few kgs of strength before cutting? Any recommendations?

>maxed out
youre just not doing enough volume, of course

I literally mean I tested my max and it ended up at 112.5kg, not that I'm stalled. Though I don't have time to run the program I ran to get from 105>112.5kg which took a couple months so I need a 4 week program instead.

>Manlet stealing the dumbbell again

projection

You stalled because you haven't been incorporating 3d movements in your training. When you look at training from other fitness systems, one of the things that you often see is a focus on two dimensions of bodily movement, but a total lack of regard for the third. However, if you look at professional athletes, some of the most physically fit people on the planet, you’ll see that they move in multiple dimensions simultaneously, always incorporating all three planes of movement.

:)

I can't tell which is the real one D:

wish Id have put arthur now :(

I need to get diagnosed with autism
>alone in gym
>some cutie comes in
>45 minutes or awkward small talk and silence
>eventually she leaves
>say see ya
>not facing her
>hear door
>say out loud
>I'm gonna fucking kill myself (in reflection to my autism)
>turn around
>she hadn't left yet

I'm actually going to KILL MYSELF

why did you talk to her in the first place?

Cause I'm autistic not anti social

if someone came up and awkwardly talked to me for 45 mins in the gym I would assume they were autistic

is that before or after you had her suck your peepee Alex?

I'm going to drink vodka by myself, I can't fucking wrap my mind around this shit I have to do.

>WAWTT

Pause squat 3x5 125-130kg
Close grip 3x5 85-87.5kg
Hammer strength row 3x10
DB press 3x10
Lateral raise 3xfailure
Curls and tri ext 3x10

>new 5rm bench
>comfy squat 1rm
>comfy dl 1rm
>300 reps lateral raises

3 weeks off dl and squat so I want to feel some heavy weight before starting next training cycle

>3 weeks off dl and squat

intro week nibba

comfy singles are my intro week. Im not a mental gde so I dont need anything else

Garagebro rate my session today
8x2 spoto press
4x8 close grip bench
5x10 jm press
5x10 curls
5x10 shrugs
3x20 face pulls
1 min dumbbell bench press
Took me about 45mins.

not enough upperback

Thats total 110 reps for upper back.

Add in rear delt work.

Also, watched WSM 2017 the other day. Martins Licis impressed me the most. Savickas shoulder strength is gone. Hafthors title to lose next year in my opinion.