/fast/ #89

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting) (embed)
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
[YouTube] Dr. Valter Longo - Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors (embed)

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
[YouTube] Intermittent Fasting & Hunger - What the Science says (embed)

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Approximate how many calories do you block out for a date with a qt or a night out with friends? Do you just call it a cheat day?

If a qt wants to get froyo after a dinner and wine, I'm not going to say no. If my friends want to sit around munching chips and gauc and drinking beer while playing DnD, I'm not going to say no.

I just need to cut about a final 20-25 pounds. So far I've used 2-3 days fasting, to essentially make up for weekends and burn some extra fat at a 1600 calorie diet.

6'1, 195 lbs, lift 4-5 times a week.

I figure:

Dinner (Order something mostly meat, and tiny side salad or no side at all) 600-900 calories

Qt wants to get coffee (Get it black) or get Latte for milk protein at least 135 cals.

Qt wants Icecream: 340 calories

Qt wants glass of wine 200 cals

Do I essentially just eat one egg in the morning if I'm going out? Are Qts and friends the death of cutting? Is having a qt to many calories?

Is it okay to have a cigar while fasting? Or will it make me sick? I've seen mixed responses from searching for the answer online

From my own personal experience it's not a great idea, but it may differ between people/tolerance

why not vape if you HAVE to have tobacco?

I asked in the last thread but didn't get an answer. Why is doing a long extended fast not recommended when you get to the lower BF% ?

I'm around 12% now, trying to get to 8%, and I just wanna hear a legit reason(s) why I should slow down to only fasting 2-3 days a week now instead of just continuing what I've been doing so far

Yes you can break your fasting schedule for a date just take the next day to do a full reset. As for playing DND with friends and eating shit food and drinking you’re a faggot. Have some god damn self control. You don’t need to eat any of that shit to have a good time playing DND.

>I'm not going to say no

this is an excuse, not a reason
it's called self-control

nobody is saying you have to do it during special occasions like weddings or thanksgiving,

but if you're too much of a sperg to explain something simple to your OWN FRIENDS like "I'm not gonna have _____ because ______"

then that's more autistic than the other way around. I'm sure you NOT munching on guac isn't going to ruin the whole DnD experience for everyone involved you fat fuck

My relative has less than 6 months to live due to cancer. Should I tell him to try a dry fast as a last resort?

tell him to message Cole on facebook about it

don't some studies show fasting having better results than chemo? do it, it can't hurt

5'6, 220lbs. Fast for 30 days, nothing but water and supplements. Adding intensive cardio and strength training. Will I die?

Has anyone here personally had a lessening or avoided loose skin due to autophagy? I'm losing weight either way, but want to know if it's a meme and should prepare myself to have skin removal surgery. If you've been successful with it, pics please?

I'm sorry for doubting, but before coming back to this board after a few years away, I'd never heard of autophagy and had mentally resigned myself to loose skin as an inevitability... I'm down 60lbs already and I don't want to have hope for nothing, you know?

any good brand for sodium and potassium? im pretty much there 3-4 days of the week when i work and only eat at the end of the day and drink a gallon of water throughout the day, also had a few days when i just forget to eat and go to the gym at 1am and i feel like im about to pass out(nausea, migraine, shaking, etc), anyone know how to avoid that?

Now that I've hit my fasting goals I'm ready to descend into ultimate skeleton mode. Wish me luck

It's not really that I'm bothered by explaining. I just want the full experience with people I only get to see so often in something like a wedding or funereal. Like if the wedding has some fucking bomb-ass crispy layered Italian cake/cheesecake hybrid. I'm eating that shit. And alcohol helps me get in touch with my emotions, and I'm not very good at that.

I view it as a balance between disciple and I might get hit by a bus.

I guess, but I fucking love gauc and beer. My thought as a way around this, is next session, I'm planning to bake a fuckload of lemon pepper chicken wings and bring them with some celery and dip. I get my protein/fat and I'm the THIS GUY of the night. Then just limit to one beer.

I find it best to just fast at the begining of the week like sun-wed/thurs. Everyone at my work goes to Wendy's on Thursdays, so I calculate for my tendies that day.

Yeah, how the hell can 4700mg of sodium be reached in a day??

I don’t. I usually only have a few cigars a month, but I need to get my mind off of these cravings

I broke my fast after 24 hours since I couldn't deal with period cramps. I thought I could pull through but it got to be too much.
I needed to take ibuprofen but I had to eat something along with it otherwise I'd fuck up my stomach.
Interesting thing to note is that my period was extremely light compared to what I normally get.
Gonna try again once the cramps have naturally subsided. I've lost 10 pounds so far fasting occasionally.

Who /day16/ here?

I don't know the exact reasons, but it'll definitely prevent you from sleeping.

Anyone else have sleeping problems while fasting?

I'm totally fine in the daytime, but I did my first 48 hours fast. Drank my salt and Potassium. Both nights I woke up to fierce hunger and a headache. Today I woke up about an hour early as well and felt as if I'd just drank a big coffee.

Day 8 of 21

How long are you going for user?

I started taking magnesium after i experienced alot of nausea, that helped me a ton, been fasting for 14 days now.

Open ended, until I'm not a fatass anymore. Maybe another 2-3 months.

Update: I smoked a petit corona with a light wrapper and I feel fine

ketosis kind of does that to me regardless, i'm really only afraid of having a heart attack

>ultimate skeleton mode
it doesnt feel great t b h

Just go right back to your fasting regimen the minute you leave the D&D session (faggot).
Just don't be the creepy faggot who turns down snacks; you'll at least subconsciously ruin the night for everyone.

I keep fucking up my fasts because I'm all alone in my apartment with nothing to do but eat and shitpost. How does a fatass entertain himself without stuffing his pathetic greasy piehole?

>eat all of your food until you have no food
>stop buying food
>too lazy to go outside
>starve and shitpost

Yeah, lemme go put on 20 or 30 pounds so I don't get to a decent weight until autumn. That's motivating.

Is 16/8 with a caloric surplus worth it? Can I get ketosis and autophagy while building strength? Or are leangains a fucking meme?

then donate it or throw it out, the point is to get rid of the fucking food fatass
you're already ruining your progress and eating it anyways

14 days? Are you freaking jesus christ or did you just way 200 pounds before

Then I'll go buy more because I'm bored and have nothing better to do. Just wasted a bunch of money. Money I'd rather spend on, oh i dunno, some activity to do besides eat.

If you wake earlier and feel great why is that bad?

Any lifters get good results off of fasting compared to psmf cico? it's been 89 threads and I haven't seen good result pics so far.

I had to quit the fast life last week boyos. Diahrrea every other day wasn't worth it

You gotta realize the reason there are no pics is caught fat people don’t enjoy taking pictures of themselves. However I hate to say it but if you go to Reddit fasting I’ve seen a bunch of threads with pics and a few of them were from actual lifters.

don't have science to back this up but if I remember correctly if your periods are light that probably means you're doing good since your body is sending out a message that it is not in ideal conditions to give birth (not enough food and all dat)

anyways same boat, lost 10 pounds these past 2 weeks. hope to continue losing before college starts on the 29th

...guess I'm just going to take that as no one actually having experienced lessening of loose skin via autophagy and prepare myself for the inevitable loose skin surgery. Thanks.

Are you saying that you didn't eat anything at all for 16 days straight, absolutely no food?

You realize this is a fasting thread right?

i thought that just meant running really fast

According to snake man, healing a lot of loose skin requires a dry fasting ROUTINE. Dry fasting for a few days won't cut it. It will take several dry fasts over the course of months to heal lots of loose skin, depending on how bad it is.

110 hours here

Joking or serious?

I mean when these threads first started you had retards thinking 16/8 was a fast

who here /sip fast/

/sipper/ reporting in

This and also people who were absolutely refeeding every day with low cal meals and calling that fasting

>you
Are we legion yet Reddit faggot?

>5 feet 120 lbs girl

48 hours into my fast drinking snake juice. I feel like absolute shit, no energy and I keep getting depressed. I was hoping for an entire week to reach my goal of 105lbs but fuk. can you lift on the snake diet? Sounds like hell right now, can't even get up and go to the restroom without feeling dizzy and tired. Is this normal? Any other girls out there fasting? My male friends can fast for days and feel totally okay but I just wanna have some miso soup and end it all

>I was hoping for an entire week to reach my goal of 105lbs but fuk
1 inch taller than you, you're not going to lose 15 lbs in a week

im 108 rn, my goal is 100 lbs

fast over time, who gives a shit about other peoples bodies, OMAD the day before you start a fast so you arent digesting too much, stay hydrated, and don't eat too much after, rinse repeat.

everything ur experiencing is normal, i usuualyl lose my voice during fasts and get really sick. its all worth it to be skinny and beautiful.

learn how to eat less, no lady should be stuffing her face

god i am so sexy

I was doing OMAD for a while and that was way better than this. Are you suggesting just stick to OMAD or doing it before a fast. I'm down from 150 and I just want this shit to be over with.

Honest question to you fasters, why not just do OMAD? It seems more sustainable over a very long period.

Basically what you want to do is OMAD before an extended fast (3+ days) and then OMAD after until your next extended fast until you shed most of the weight. When you get below 109 is when you can just start OMAD at a deficit and work out to lose the rest. One you need to get used to eating less, and two your BMR will decrease significantly. I used to be 105 at 61'5 inches, I was eating like a mouse most days (or not at all). When I was going from 108 to 105 (a year back) I would basically OMAD it away, lost 1 lb every 2 days I did that. I ate nothing until late at night, ate a light healthy meal, went to bed, etc.

oh no

Restricted calories leads to muscle loss and craving more food
Fasting doesnt

You should try doing keto/OMAD for a week beforehand. It'll definitely help.

oh yes baby

lmao. "fasting doesn't result in craving food" LOL do u even fast brah

>craves food during fasts
Not my fault your entire person and body is retarded

i exist to motivate you to not be me

>Fasting doesn't cause food cravings

I usually do 2/22 IF and the cravings for carbs a few hours before I eat are fucking ridiculous.

You are a mediocre faggot. OMAD delivers slow fucking results and doesn't offer much in the way of autophagy. If you're a fatass, fast as hard as you can. OMAD is a more appropriate maintenance regimen. This is all part of adopting a fasting-focused lifestyle. What you consider sustainable is irrelevant.

I won't have potassium supplements until Tuesday. Should I hold off until then?

no, eat a cucumber/pickles before you start fasting and you'll be completely fine. or coconut water if you rich and bougie

>and dry fasting
plwase tell me that's a meme

I did this OMAD thing for 2 months and got down to a healthy weight but then lost my job and I gained 10kg in a few weeks. I'm a fat fuck

can you imagine there are also retards who think they're still fasting if they take sodium, potassium and other supplements?

you stress eat. you have mental issues that need addressing

it's not and it works

I start my first water fast tomorrow and I'm planning on going as long as my will power holds out. A year ago I went from 320 to 260 in about 3 months and I work out frequently (I just love to eat monkas)....if my bodies used to it, can I maintain my hour of cardio a day plus lifting upper and lower every other day?

how fat were you before fasting

195lbs to 150lbs in just 3 months

>lovehandles

how tall

redpill me on dry fasting

I have just broken a 48-hour water-only fast. My shame weighs upon me heavily. Tomorrow I start over. Tomorrow I will suck less.

those "love handles" are from my 32 inch waist shorts wrapped around my ass. notice how far up my belly button is

178cm 5'10. i will continue to drop all the way down to 58kg 128lb

personally I am not going to tell you that it will cure your cancer, because it can't even cure this one random mole/wart thing i have on my elbow.

but i will tell you that it's ridiculously fucking easy compared to a 1 day water fast. you don't have to worry about electrolyte levels at all, because you aren't flushing them out of your body (by drinking too many litres of water)

it's enjoyable, you lose a few more pounds than usual, and after 2 days, all of your facial bloat is long gone

Does he have a routine publicly available or is it over?

post a pic of you being fat for comparison

Too much water man

oh
so how do you start and break a dry fast?

sure. oct 13th

agreed

dude this isnt even fat. Id love to look like this

opinions on juice fasting? I'm 5'7 and 152 pounds and I'd like to slim down to 129. I saw a video on youtube where a guy lost 100 pounds juice fasting, and I'm thinking of doing something similar. obvs, it needs to be actual juiced veggies and not store bought orange sugar drink.

It wasn't a "publicly available" routine, he was coaching this woman and said he had her on a dry fasting routine for her skin. He didn't give any specifics.

Your best bet is to feel it out for yourself anyway. Just dry fast then refeed then dry fast again when you're ready.

I-I could help you with some cardio

>drinking juice
>fasting

You are going to lift when you're done fasting right?

believe it or not theres a difference of 45 lbs in the two photos. obviously a lot of water in there. but you will be so fucking proud of yourself when you finally do this and stick to it.

i don't envy the person i was just 3 months ago. i was ready to die

just don't eat. juice fasting is a meme, especially if you aren't doing OMAD.

when i fix this nerve impingement in my shoulder, yeah. it's been getting better thanks to the TENS machine i've been blasting the fuck out of it with

but i won't be lifting much. i run a lot. most of you guys have body dysmorphia about what is a healthy/aesthetic physique

Shit, anons. I need to try this more. I was into the fast for 2 days, before I stupidly tried to 'Just go to the lunchroom with my friends to hang out' which lead to me getting ravneous (it was around dinner), and being unable to not eat.

But I could feel my super powers growing. I need to just not go to the cafeteria.

Yeah, I've seen the video. Someone on the Facebook group needs to leak his dry fasting routines.

Is soft dry fasting effective? I did a hard dry fast for three days. How can you abstain from showering for three days and not want to shoot yourself?

I used to weigh 250, basically all fat I had to have been like fuckin 40% BF

Gradually I lost weight through improved diet, I was still very high BF% though.

Between good nutrition, consistent exercise, and intermittent fasting I've progressively leaned out nicely, still lots of work to go though. I have been pleasantly surprised with the lack of excess loose skin, I was worried about it too when I decided I was going to lose it.

there is no major difference. i dont hard dry fast

good for you. avoid the gains goblins in your life.

keep going

Excellent. I was going to do a month-long wet fast, but now I can do weekly 3:4 dry/wet cycles.

anything you enjoy is to be encouraged. i enjoyed eating 4 months ago.

now i hate eating so much, fasting is easier than eating.