Surplus from reserves?

something ive never been able to get an answer for is if i dont eat at a surplus but have enough bodyfat (~20%), does my body just burn off the bodyfat for building the muscles or is that not how it works?

also can someone recommend me a good routine for looking good (not super bothered about strength or fitness), not memes like stronglifts et al.

Legit retard

Yeah its called recomping. It takes a while though afaik.
In my (limited) experience, anything with high reps is good for aesthetics. Good luck bro

LITTLE
WHITE
TITS
>boo!
>get outta town
BIG
KHAZAR
MILKERS
>The crowd starts screaming incoherently as the Cuck King disrobes, shaking involuntarily.
>MOMMY MOMMY GIVE ME MILKIES
The crest of the audience swells as the chant spreads throughout the back corners of the room. The Cuck King is now on the floor in convolutions, fully nude. He shoves his finger down his throat in order to vomit profusely upon his erect member. The crowd cheers on.
>Kat Dennings emerges from backstage, fully naked and covered in felt-tipped swastikas

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
WELCOME
TO THE MOMMY BREEDING GROUNDS

>The droning sounds of timpani begin to fill the room. The crowd erupts in a chorus of HAVA NAGILA, HAVA NAGILA.
>two 6"5 Bavarian Bruders emerge from backstage, pin Dennings to the ground and enter her mouth and uterus with their 15 inch phalluses.

HAVA NAGILA
HAVA NAGILA

>The timpani drums accelerate in pace, as Ariel Winters and Angelina Jolie rush out from backstage, armed with scimitars, enthusiastically slicing and dicing through the bodies of unworthy Teutonic Titlets

MOMMY WOMMY MILKY WILKY
DWINKY DWINKY MOMMY'S MILKIES

>Louis screams this in between coughing up flakes of vomit, the "cock" of the Cuck King is now unrecognisable by even his most intimate of interns
>He swerves his hips towards the audience, giving everybody a good look of the mess he has made

ARE YOU READY FOR ROUND TWO?
>The audience cheers in response
>MILKERS MILKERS MOMMY MOMMY MILKERS

wew lad

Wow boy

Can we get actual responses lads?

Here's one: read the sticky and stop making shitty threads.

I'm the Big Tiddie Bandit and I approve this pasta.

Yes that's how it works
And just do a basic calisthenics routine combined with a curlbro workout 3x a week.

Short answer, no.

You can't take the fat stores and use them to build muscle.

Unfortunately fat cells do not store nutrients in their original form. Any excess calories have been converted to lipids that, while able to be used as energy when combined with significant oxygen consumption, cannot be converted into amino acids for muscle protein synthesis.

Are you both retarded? Building muscle requires energy and building materials. Protein is obviously the building material; energy comes from carbs and fat. If he already has fat on his body, he already has energy reserves.

Ignore all the retards in this thread. Short answer: yes.

To be more specific OP, you still need to eat. Your body will burn stored fat to fuel muscle growth, but only fractionally. Just to illustrate, say you need 700kcal for the muscle building budget today, your body will only supply maybe half of that from body fat (350kcal), even if it obviously has more in reserve. Its a built in rationing mechanism. You still need to eat the other half.

So the best way to recomp is the eat enough calories for basic maintenance (~1500-2000) and do strenuous, intense workouts. As you lose fat your body will provide less and less fat for the muscle building budget (not wanting to blow it all in one go) and you'll need to eat more.

Calorie balance is THE MOST important variable in body composition diet success for a very simple reason: it has the greatest impact on how much muscle you can gain and how much fat you can lose over any period of time. It has this powerful impact because of the straightforward fact that calories via fats, proteins, and carbs, literally COMPOSE body tissues. That is, before any muscle can be built, the raw materials (calories from protein, for example) quite literally need to be there, as nothing more than building blocks. On the other end, burning fat requires that not enough calories are shuttled into fat cells to keep them the same size as they lose their fat stores when sending them out into the blood.

It is possible that the calories burned from fat stores can be used to help build muscle (the protein that literally composes muscle must still come from the diet, but we'll get to that in the next chapter). In that way, muscle can be built and fat burned at the same time, without needing to go into positive calorie balance for muscle growth or negative calorie balance for fat loss. While this process works well under special circumstances, it becomes less and less likely as the person attempting it becomes leaner and more muscular. That is, the more advanced the athlete, the more calorie balance matters.

If you're lean and muscular enough, your physiology is very offset from what is naturally promoted by your genes. The body allots some effort into building muscle, and some into burning fat, but as muscle grows to new levels and fat stores shrink, negative-feedback loops attempt to bring the body back into homeostasis (a stable and sustainable internal environment) by making further muscle building and fat loss very difficult. This physiological state makes muscle gain without an excess of calories very difficult, just as it makes fat loss without a deficit of calories difficult as well.

Shortcut to shred and stop asking retarded questions

You are a LITERAL retard

but why is he

>looking good (not super bothered about strength or fitness)
this is stupid, you'll look good if you're fit.

I guess implants could be your thing

Yes but you have to be actually fat though. Recomp doesn't work on skinnyfat twigs.

>t. retard

In your own response you just answered why metabolising fat doesn't build muscle.

your body will tend to burn fat reserves last because of priority of fuels for Kreps cycle fructose>glucose>fat
so if you have some fuel in your bloodstream or storage like muscles pancreas or the liver (usually glucose) you won't get to burn much reserve fat
I keep a steady small deficit and maybe restrict carbs intake to once a day (or less) when I want to make my body burn its at reserves

Who's that? Remembers me of this girl named Sandy/Molly some shit like that, how many nuts I busted to her pics when I was 15