I did it, Veeky Forums

I did it, Veeky Forums.
I just got a gym membership and my first day is tomorrow.
My only question is what the fuck do I do once I step inside?
Like, as far as a routine and shit. I'm lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

whitmatthews.com/ss.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S T I C K Y
also, SS.

Bench
OHP
Squat
Deadlift
Cardio

Make sure you stretch or warm up. Hop on a treadmill for 5 minutes and use the time to look atound and get an idea of what you want to achieve in the gym once your heartrate is up.

I've gone to gyms in other cities for the first time and have asked the front desk if they can show me around. Don't go in the lady's section.

this is good advice
also this

SS + GOSAD (Gallon Of Soy A Day)

I highly recommend bodyweight exercises. There is not better place to do bodyweight exercises than at a gym. You'll get your body toned, but you won't get too big.

Just google "basic bodyweight exercises", develop a repertoire, and keep doing it at the gym. Don't bother with those pesky weights

>bodyweight exercises
>equivalent for the best exercise (deadlift) still wasn't invented
only pull ups and leg raises, anything else is a meme

Bodyweight exercises are god-tier, but weights can be a superb addition to a bodyweight routine. For example I do high intensity calisthenics every day, pull ups push ups crunches bw squats etc, but I throw deadlifts and squats in once a week, plus some extra arm work with light dumbbells. Nothing too crazy, just enough to maintain full body strength

Don't listen to this guy, SS is one of the worst programs.

What is SS?

watch vids on HOW to do compound liftsand shit before you enter if you want to actually want to do them

but if it's your first time, just fuck around on machines and see how it feels
you'll get sore as fuck anyways if you don't otherwise work out

Static stretching is bad before lifting
Definitely work hard on getting your first chin-up, above all else.
Don't touch barbells until you've read up on form.
Incline dumbbell bench is good.

Imma do you a favor and actually link to the book although if you can't be assed reading the sticky good luck with 200 pages lmao
whitmatthews.com/ss.pdf

bamp

short for schutzstaffel

Don’t overthink it bro just lift hard

oops meant for

Look for where barbells are. Go there

I tried starting with Phrak's Greyskull LP (see picture), but switched to Starting Strength. I think SS is working better for me since I get to practice squats every session instead of just 2x a week.

Dips are pretty good for beginners too.

Zercher traps
Zercher front raises
Upright row above head
Spagat
Walking training

anyone who says ss (starting strength) is a bad program either did not read the book or they are afraid of strength training because they want to fit into their 24-inch-waist pants. don't be one of these people. do starting strength for a bit and then see how you like strength training. if you like it, become a powerlifter. if you want to get aesthetics, do 5/3/1 Boring But Big for a while and then just do upper/lower or a brosplit or something idk you'll figure it out.

Dips, bulgarian split squats are pretty good burners after squats, one armed pushups, dragon flags, wrestler planks, L sits
That's probably it though unless you want to include front lever and human flags

>if you want to get aesthetics, do 5/3/1 Boring But Big
yeah or don't do the worst iteration of one of the worst programs ever written

Don't listen to people who recommend SS+GOMAD, it's a meme. Do something like Fierce 5 from the BB forums or even Bloho's ICF 5x5, bot vastly better than SS.

Schutzstaffel

>There is not better place to do bodyweight exercises than at a gym. You'll get your body toned, but you won't get too big.
Bro stop fucking with the newbies.

>tomorrow
>not today
NGMI