Cigarette smoking has a positive and independent effect on testosterone levels

Cigarette smoking has a positive and independent effect on testosterone levels.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
>Our objectives were to examine the association of cigarette smoking and serum levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), total testosterone (TT) and free testosterone (FT) in a large male population. Data from 2,021 men (989 nonsmokers and 1,032 smokers), aged 20-69, were collected from the Fangchenggang Area Male Health and Examination survey using an in-person interview and self-administered questionnaires from September to December, 2009. We have found the following: (a) smokers had significantly higher TT and FT levels compared to nonsmokers, even after stratification as per age, BMI, triglycerides and alcohol consumption. (b) Both TT (r = -0.083, P

>raise test
>kill lungs and develop an annoying habit
yeah dude, you've totally got life figured out.

>having such low test that you have to risk your respiratory and cardiovascular health just to bump it up a couple points

You twinks are getting desperate

Curious as to whether it's the nicotine or something else in the tobacco plant. I've thought for a while that nicotine really should be more popular for life-long non smokers in the form of gum and patches since it's such a good stimulant

it's nicotine
if you want to do this to raise your test ever so slightly, and not fuck your shit up, you vape

this thread has been made many times before. now it's time for the virgins trying to look cool to call vaping gay because the chads and hipster chads do it and fuck all their crushes

i have noticed that all guys i know with good beard growth are all smokers

>still believing that (((big pharma))) meme
how does it feel being a bluepilled high inhib soyboy?

>you vape
vaping is no substitute for cigarettes. neither is gum. or anything else. even cigars arent enough. a cigarette is the only thing in a world, the universe, that is a cigarette. accept no substitutes. i quit back in early 2015 cold turkey but holy fuck not a day goes by i dont miss them. life without cigs isnt worth living.

What if I start using nicotine patches?

Probably not the same since tobacco has more other shit in it and that's a different method of consumption

It could raise test because of the effects of feeling good.

>life without cigs isnt worth living.
Yes sir. So many times i find myself just looking at cigs online, I think some day i will cave and buy a pouch of american spirit. Rumor is they dont burn as fast so they're similarly priced and they dont have the additives

Slightly.

Men that smoke naturally have higher testosterone because high test guys are way more likely to engage in unsafe activities and risk seeking behavior like gambling, unprotected sex, violence, etc...

Men in prison have the highest test in the population and the highest muscle mass of any group or demographic., besides spec ops or muhreens probably.

Explain to me how telling people not to do something that's harmful to your health is a "big pharma meme" or sells medicine or pharmaceuticals at all

>haha, what a big pharma shill
^Wastes hundreds of $ on packs of ciggies every year
^Wastes time and money in hospital admissions due to exacerbation of COPD.

I wonder if this is due to harmine or if it can be replicated by only taking nicotine

impressive, user. quitting cigs is a bitch.

Nobody messes with the Chadbear

Sounds like someone hasn't tried nicotine salts.

Is test producuction increased from general stress on the body? Sort of like a defense mechanism?

It's bs

It probably isn't increased. The study found that people with higher T tend to be smokers, not that smoking actually raises T. If they wanted to show that they'd have to take non-smokers, nicotine em up and see if their hormone levels change.

This fits with what's known about people with higher testosterone - on average, they're more likely to go for short term gratification.

In fact they have more nicotine. They give a little buzz if you aren't used to them. Also remember why you quit. I'm smoking right now and it's not fun. Every breath sucks and feels like work. I avoid going places where i cant smoke for long periods of time. I wheeze and cough up mucus that tastes like rust out of the tailpipe of a bus. Any non smoker is immedietely repulsed. I would like the cycle of anxiety from not having a cigarette to anxiety from choking myself with shit. But at least i get some test so that's cool. Probably canceled out by how much smoking limits my volume at the gym.

>i wont be tricked by those jews at big pharma!
>just these other jews at big tobacco

Kill yourself

Talked to a bloke at the pub yesterday who just got diagnosed with throat cancer from smoking . Fuck that .
Saying that though my grandpa is 93 and has smoked a pack a day since he was 17 with little ill effects. He still drives and is completely independent so I guess it depends on the person

Smoke when cutting, quit when bulking.

bAsed

I smoke but Im trying to quit before summer cause I love biking and I want my lungs back

Dont smoke guys

>Smoke, goy. Smoking is for real men. Worrying about health issues is for soyboys

Is OCAD enough for those test gains?

Everything is wrong with that picture
>lighting a cigar with a petro lighter
>not toasting the cigar
>not closing his mouth around to inhale to properly light it

That's because it's an ad for cigars, not a real man smoking a cigar..
a cigar smoker would never look like that
it's like when actors and actresses "drink alcohol" on shows and movies

>tfw no Aryna Brotherhood

Sigh..you're right. Still pisses me off, though.

Just smoke a pipe

If you are not some skinny nu male you wont look like a fag. It also has a pleasant smell in comparison with cigarettes