He thought joining the military would get him Veeky Forums

>he thought joining the military would get him Veeky Forums

help me god this place is a shithole

>the military
The chair Force is not the military

FUCK OFF DUDE STOP BULLYING MY BRANCH

>Joined the military expecting anything but suffering for the gain of kike overlords
Top cuck

Well if you joined a real branch you would've gotten fit

Retard, if you think boot camp and unit pt alone were gonna get you fit, you fucked up. What you should do is take morning pt seriously and dedicate at least 30-60 minutes of whatever free time you have a day on lifting in the gym. Don’t get plastered every day in the barracks and don’t go out to eat every night with your buddies.

The military doesn't require people to be at the absolute peak of physical fitness. Unless you're gunning for Navy Seals or something of that nature. Now of course I'm sure people in the military are relatively more fit than the average civilian.

I'm shipping out in March. How's basic? I've been running three miles every morning.

This too. When I was at meps last year, it seemed like 90% of the people there were either chubby guys, tiny women or literal robots. Only a small amount of people actually fit the jacked chad military guy stereotype.

It will probably be a cakewalk for you depending on how fast you are running those 3 miles.

Basic really is just a mental thing, if you can take getting yelled at a little bit and being a mindless drone for 8 weeks you'll sail through.

Don't be an over achiever in basic, save that shit for your job and tech school.

Why would you join the military during a war?

Why would you go to a fucking sandy hot fucking miserable place with a bunch of other guys who couldn't enter college?
I don't get it..

Why would you NOT join the military during a war?
Hell, if the US isn't in another war by the time I graduate college and finish my ROTC program, then I'll just forget about that commission and go straight to my civilian career.

Why do you assume every MOS is a combat MOS? Why do you assume everyone who enlists couldn't get into college?

What's a good pace? I've been doing 8 minute miles on my treadmill but haven't really pushed myself to see if i could go faster

i'm military and have the exact same sentiment about reenlisting. norks talking about reunification with sk really chaps my ass i wanted the jonger's head on a silver platter

Treadmill is a lot easier than road running so try and get out and run. If not push for 7 minutes atleast

forget about the mile the 1.5 mile is where it's at. run faster than an 11 minute 1.5 mile and you're at a good pace

wait until you deploy

>Hell, if the US isn't in another war by the time I graduate college and finish my ROTC program, then I'll just forget about that commission and go straight to my civilian career.
Uh, don't you have to sign a contract in your third year?

A 7 to 8 minute mile pace is pretty decent. I remember when we did the first or second week PT test most people were running 14 and 15 minute 1.5 mile times and that seemed to be about the average.

I didn't have a single person drop out because of PT, and we had some out of shape people. 2 people did fail and then later pass after staying an additional 2 weeks. Basic is pretty easy man.

That being said if you can run a 1.5 mile in about 11 minutes you will really be cruising and not worrying.

>11:03 is my fastest 1.5 mile
I want to get it under 10:30, or ideally 10:00 by the end of the year. Is this realistic as a 72kg lanklet?

DAILY REMINDER

>sumimasen waga aruji but I must go all out just this ichi

Why the fuck are they carrying a sword?
I thought 'God Emperor Trump' was a meme.

>dude i'm a kill bot
no help for you

you need the suicide hotline kid?

Because the Air Force is run by weebs and larpers of the highest order

Korean linguist here. Do not ever go to DLI. This place is a special kind of hell. I was really excited coming out of basic and looking forward to my military career and planning on doing 20. I'm just under a year into Korean with 6 months left here and another 4 months of tech school in Texas after. This place has completely drained any and all will for military life and military related activities from me. Every day I reach a new level of burnt out when every day it seems as though I can't burn out anymore but I'm consistently proven wrong. Exodus was extremely refreshing but it just made me remember how nice life can be outside the military and made comimg back worse than it was before. I can't wait til my contact is over and I can be a human again.

heh, sorry iraq, nothing personnel

>the military sucks and is no fun
>do things to make it even less fun

Lifting is fun. Plus, you want Veeky Forums That's how you get Veeky Forums