/fast/ #90 kindness and hugs edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting) (embed)
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
[YouTube] Dr. Valter Longo - Fasting Cycles Retard Growth of Tumors (embed)

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
[YouTube] Intermittent Fasting & Hunger - What the Science says (embed)

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

remember to treat each other well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vJUmD3ZYS38
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

48hrs in water fast. Had a few cups of coffee and tee as well.

So far so good. I don't feel any side effects whatsoever.

Hunger is coming and going, but nothing I can't handle.

Cold water is the shit on empty stomach.

Gonna do 7 days at least.

why did OP start copying the links in a way where you can no longer click on the Embed videos?

fuck yeah!

keep it up. you're almost past the initial brutal part.

the healthiest tea to have during a fast is white tea with ginseng

white tea has more antioxidants than even Matcha green tea

sup faggots, i'm on day 40 of my fast, and I'm approaching the longest i've heard of someone fasting without medical supervision, do you guys think I should get a physical to make sure I'm doing good, or is it not necessary? I've been drinking snake juice this whole time (and lifting) and so far I've lost 76 lbs (350 to 274, 5'11") and I wanna keep going till I'm like 170.

Are there any major problems that can start to creep up with this much fasting? I read somewhere once that your heart starts to shrink some while fasting for this long, and I don't wanna get a heart attack, is that a risk?

And no, no loose skin so far, but I'm still pretty fat. I don't have pics yet, but I plan to take some in another 50 lbs or so

how do you feel? how does your heart feel?

You should go see your doctor if it would put your mind at ease

I'm here for the hugs. what you guys got?
also
I have no idea about fasting but you should probably see a doctor to talk about that. Good job on the weight loss tho.

what brand of coffee?

what kind of tea?

i'm almost 3 hours into my first fast...

am i gonna make it? :(

should i lift tomorrow?

aiming for 48 hours minimum, but kinda get over the "i'm hungry" part and just burn all my fat off at once to start a lean, clean bulk

unsweetened coffee and tea have trace amounts of calories.

isn't this cheating?

>just burn all my fat off at once to start a lean, clean bulk

it's good to finally start hearing people say this in these threads, since the only people who post pics are skelly's

>should i lift tomorrow?
yes, it will help you go into ketosis faster

not if they're decaffeinated

oh, well i'm not MASSIVELY fat or anything. pic is me. still pretty fat, but i figure a couple weeks fasted and i should be hardcore low bf%

Would it be a waste of time to enter Ketosis before water fasting?

it would probably make the first four days much easier if you did that

I talked about fasting to my father and said that it sounds "as fake as homeopathy", he didn't even wanted to watch the video on the OP.

Have you been in a similar situation with your parents or even your friends?

I'm honestly lucky my parents are quite open about it, but I think that's because were Muslims and fast during Ramadan

>that pic
Cute girls aren't something one expects to see when browsing Veeky Forums. But this... does really put a smile on my face."

how is homeopathy fake?

anyway yeah. i've put up with a lot of ignorance over the years. being vegan random people would give me shit for not eating meat. then being omnivore paleo random people would be like wtf do you mean you don't eat grains are you fucking stupid.

people just suck all of the time, i've decided. no one is actually curious about what you're doing, they just see that it's different and they attack it.

fuck them.

hey thanks! :)

i'm just trying to get fit and improve my health!

You're not fat at all.
You're at a healthy weight.
If you're thinking that you're going to sculpt your body down to something by dropping pounds or look EXACTLY like some skinny model or something then you're wrong.
You're just going to look like an unhealthily thin version of the cute girl you are now.

how many /sips/ are you guys cruising on? I've been sipping every day this whole month.

you can see more of the fat from the front

older pic but fat is all still there

>how is homeopathy fake?

You should dry fast for 7+ days user, it should cure your gullibility

Awww
You're just a bit chubby.
I suggest cardiobunny workouts and instathot boot blast workouts.

you are really not that fat desu. If I were you I would try doing an OMAD ketogenic diet, while fasting on the weekends. It is what I have been doing and according to my ketostix I am literally pissing my fat out

although I have my personal opinions in homeopathy, most people consider it fake or not worth it, at least when trying to cure cancer and serious stuff like that, anyways that was just the opinion of my dad, I still want to try the fasting.

that's cool, I guess that at the end of the day we all want to do it, despite how hard it must be.

Anyways, good luck with those cravings, I hope you make the 48 hours with no big problems.

>arm tattoo
how much do you weigh, you're really fat, don't stop fasting.

Remember to chug your salt and potassium bros

I thought salt was bad for your kidneys

i know this is awful of me, but it's hard finding time to do cardio. i do my strength training 3x each week, and that takes about 2 hours each time with all the stretching at the end. i work full time and do school, so even managing the strength training is a miracle desu.

yeah maybe. whatever happens, this is the start of my fasting stuff. if nothing else this can be my first 48 hour fast :)

my weekends are thurs/fri, as i work the actual weekend.

thank you!

yeah i have a bunch of tattoos. getting my sleeve finished soon, and then gotta decide what to get next. i have plans for at least 4 more.

oh i'm 135lbs rn

Did you even read the OP?

how tall are you?
are you gonna color the tattoos?

I feel fine, I don't do much cardio but my heart feels fine

If the cayenne in snake juice isn't consider to be fast breaking then what about MCT oil which doesn't have a glucose/insulin effect?

yeah that arm one is gonna be colored in and made into a full sleeve. will be a lot of green, brown and magenta.

oh i'm 5'6". so pretty fat for my height. was 110lbs back in high school, i figure that's probably where i should be?

I'm telling ya, it works

what does? cardio?

i was doing a bunch of cardio like last summer. it didn't seem to do much at all for me. my appetite is MASSIVE though, which is part of the reason i wanted to fast. people cannot believe how much food i eat. it's kind of a problem? maybe.

Nah 5:2 Keto OMAD, once your body adjusts to ketosis (3 days for me), 99% of hunger goes away, it is amazing really.

>oh i'm 5'6". so pretty fat for my height. was 110lbs back in high school, i figure that's probably where i should be?
I'm 108 at 5'1.5, and I'm skeleton rn with a flat stomach. You must got them bad stomach genes, while on me my fight goes to the thighs mostly and it take forever to get skinny legs like yours

115 should be your skinny weight.

yep. isn't it fantastic? i could use the fat on my thighs, butt, or chest; but it ONLY EVER GOES TO THE STOMACH! fml lol

why would you even want skinny legs like mine? i kinda hate them desu, which is why i do 5x5 squats

don't listen to the cardiobunny only guy, a little bit of fasting would work fine for you, but you probably wouldn't need more than a week or two

afterwards you could try something like

Honestly I wish some would go to my boobs, never does. I also have a large appetite, not all the time, but I'll eat a huge meal and people surprised when I do. I don't gain weight back tho.

I have a petite frame so skinny legs help make me look taller and are cuter thats why i wanna be 100 lbs (also to be like my korean and nippon idoru). Meaty legs are reserved for real women like you.

maybe

you need to leave humanity behind

also i gotta ask does your abdomen expand when you eat a huge meal? i honestly can probably do one of those mukbangs with tons and tons of food since even though i usually eat very little, I can switch it up and eat tons and tons before my stomach actually hurts and my abdomen basically expands proportionately.

yeah. this is my first fast so we'll see what happens. maybe i'll cave in after 48. i did buy keto sticks!

looking forward to peeing on those. for science.

yes :/

i'll always be a flat-chested stick girl, except for times like now where i'm a flat-chested skinnyfat girl. my best friend has huge boobs and she's always complaining about them to make me jealous.

you're a real woman even if you're tiny! lift hard and you'll look like such a badass when you're moving massive amounts.

huh?

yeah i get huge food babies. it's disgusting :(

yeah, that probably made a difference

I have an appointment next week to see if I can get corrected vision surgery
Will fasting affect my eyes negatively for this?

Day 5
Worked out on day 2 and still feeling sore today. Wouldn't normally be a problem but Im getting tendinitis in my elbows. I plan to break my fast on Saturday with a a nice cut of lamb and maybe a sammich, then get back to it with another 7 day fast.

Down from 213lbs to 205lbs. Might have been some bloat when I took the 213 measurement but definitely 5-6lbs lost.

Even scoobys meals are looking appetizing to me now..

youtube.com/watch?v=vJUmD3ZYS38

>no one in /fast/ has any muscle to begin with

lmfao

just sip on water when you feel like eating

if you ever take a break from fasting you might want to start doing some light cardio, if for nothing else just to strengthen your heart and lungs a little bit

>yeah i get huge food babies. it's disgusting :(
i hear ya girl, i got one right now. i'm just glad there aren't any stretchmarks and it's not flabby

stretchmarks :(

i have a ton on my inner thighs. and since i've been lifting, been getting some on my legs too. some are getting dangerously close to another tattoo and it's freaking me out...

this is still all worthwhile, right???

Cringe, kys redditor

Hi! few things to start off with =] 1. yes I added you because you're a female gamer, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen.

i got some on my inner thighs too, my buttocks is stretchmark central, makes me sad. I moisterize hard af :(

yes, yes it is all worth it. don't let satan's claw marks get you down

Im skinnyfat with decent lifts and wanna start doing omad 5:2, question is, I want to lift in the morning and eat the meal at around 7pm, is this not optimal? Or will the GH keep my muscles from melting throughout the day? Should I take bcaas pre & post workout?

why is your pic called gassed jews? :(

yeah you gotta go hard with the skincare. idk how much it helps but i'm using tons of stuff on it. bio oil smells really nice too

youre overthinking this, also, if youre a skinny fat theres no reason to do OMAD or fast. just recomp.

I'm at 128 hours. I haven't eaten since 11pm Saturday night. I work construction too. I'm fucking amazed at how easy this is. I'm the typical fat slob construction worker. Soon I will just be a slob construction worker. Thanks guys.

>why is your pic called gassed jews?
i periodically change my filenames, a whole bunch say gassed jews

im autistic

>tfw fasting helped make your face look a little livelier but it aint helping your butt
i usually stick to a specific lotion, can't do body oils since i don't like how it feels

maybe you should hace a balanced healthy diet, you know

holy shit I'm feeling good. I realize it's mostly shit weight but just seeing the numbers go down really motivates me. Anything I should expect in the next couple of days?

you're that other girl, right?

which lotion do you use? this might sound crazy weird but i found mixing the jergens skin firming with the jergens age defying 50/50, then mixing in some bio oil and retinol cream worked really well for better skin. idk if it helped at all with the stretch marks, but skin looked kinda creamy and glowy

mixing the oil in like that doesn't make it so oily that it's gross feeling on the skin. maybe an option? you probably found something that works for you anyway so w/e

i love oils though. waiting very impatiently for summer to slather myself with coconut oil and listen to audiobooks while sunbathing! so excited :)

>you're that other girl, right?
I am not sure who you are referring to

I use eucerin intensive repair, it is thick lotion and has no fragrance.
im kinda the opposite, i don't go outside and hoping winter never ends. i also don't like wearing bathing suits and in turn if im not covered up i get messed up tans. but im glad you're excited, coconut oil is real good for you

>8lbs in 3 days
stop lying

Like I said most of that was probably the weight of my shit/bloat weight.

Ive been redpilled, I cant go back, plz help

oh there was another girl here. we were talking and she was short and super nice.

you seem nice too though so it's okay :)

i sunbathe in my yard, wearing sports bra and shorts. why do you not like the outside? sunlight is good for us!

also to keep things on topic... 5.5hrs into fast!

>tfw so many of us shorties out in the world
my sisters...

oooh I've never had a yard before, that must be nice. I get pretty dark when I tan which I don't like, and going outside reminds me I live in the real world. All my best memories were created indoors.

Keep up the good work on your fast, don't break no matter what. I've went as far as 130 hours, it gets real tough even though you lose your appetite.

Dry fasting is retarded

I want to see some progress pics

gimme 3 weeks

7 days into my first water fast. Why is this the easiest diet I've ever tried?

the morning is the best time to lift bc your GH will be highest then since you just fasted while you were asleep

it'll get even easier in a couple of days when you're fully in ketosis

because it doesn't require you to eat

How to make it appear you aren't fasting to friends and family? At some point they will notice I'm not eating anything. I've been losing weight from eating at a deficit so everyone knows I am losing weight anyway, so losing a few kg over a week isn't going to be obvious. I am giving fasting an attempt to experience something different, I only plan to fast for 5 or 7 days.

Are effervescent vitamins ok to have during a fast?

did you try it?

then go join cole's facebook group, that's pretty much what it does best

because it's the only diet that will give you hours of free time during the day, as well as save you lots of money

i don't have the willpower to fast like I used to. every fucking day I break down and eat romaine hearts with salad dressing that I hate.

why do you eat what you hate?

>Are effervescent vitamins ok to have during a fast?

you don't need them, you've been storing vitamins and calories in your own fat for years

you've stockpiled them at this point, time to start collecting

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke

>5.5hrs into fast!

are you sipping on some mineral water?

thanks for fixing the embed links

14.5 hours in, when does peak hunger hit?

>going outside reminds me I live in the real world. All my best memories were created indoors.

go outside and get some fresh air, maybe do some cardio or something out there

around day 3, or 72 hours

Oh I live with my dad lol which is why I have a yard lol :P

Yeah! Now I’m 6 hours in hah. Maybe when I wake up I’ll feel accomplished hah

Wonder Woman

"Snake Diet Motivation" on facebook

I've gained back the weight I lost while fasting and I figured out why. At first I thought it was because I would just eat shit after fasting and expect it not to stick (which is definitely a problem). However, my underlying problem was a bit deeper.
I've been punishing myself by eating. In a
>Why do you deserve progress?
kind of way

I'm getting married to a woman that I care very deeply for, but am not ready to marry. I don't know if I ever will be ready.

Anyway, I know this isn't /r9k/ or /adv/ so sorry.
I guess I just wanted to post to get it off my chest and as a warning to other fasters.

You will also need to get your fucking mind right if you're ever going to see sustainable results.

I get so hungry that the romaine hearts taste like McDonalds and then I get started on a second romaine heart before stopping. I probably consume 400 calories of salad dressing at least -- its bad. I wish I wasn't a wimp when it came to hunger

>I get so hungry that the romaine hearts taste like McDonalds
since when is mcdonalds delicious?

I ate a double big mac a few weeks ago after years of being off McDonalds

It was still delicious

Where to get potassium?

same place you buy literally everything else?

amazon