So Veeky Forums

So Veeky Forums,

I soon will be living in Asia, Korea to be precise, and am wondering on what kind of food I will be able to bulk.
I just checked the availability of whey and myprotein and also ON Gold Standard is available to the same price I am used to here.
However MILK IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE in Korea and also meat. Maybe I haven't found the right places yet but it seems like I can't get 500g of chicken breast for 4€.

Does anyone have info, experience or advice on how to gain mass while staying in Korea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/eodyd188/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p
item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=843409820
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3330674/Europeans-owe-height-ASIAN-nomads-blue-eyes-hunter-gatherers-Ancient-DNA-plots-centuries-genetic-changes-shaped-modern-man.html
google.de/search?q=gyeongui line park seoul&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUnI_yleTYAhVBrhQKHf9YAA4Q_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=752
google.de/search?q=incheon plan city&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTp7GPluTYAhUPr6QKHfo9ATIQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1536&bih=752
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

enjoy your pollution gains

Fish and sideways pussy user. There will be plenty

good opportunity to try a more plant-based diet

that or you order chicken breasts in bulk from overseas

why are you going to live in asia?

>inb4 because of my work
yeah sure you weeb

This

White girls wouldn't fuck you so you ran to Asia?

koreans are the superior breed of women

Only after they remake their faces from scratch.

Rice and kimchi.

Isn’t rice really good for bulking? It’s super cheap there. Also watch out for the alcohol culture there, it’s fun but those guys will drink until they drop every fucking day

watch my man banzz for some inspiration
youtube.com/user/eodyd188/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

You going to teach? I am in 6 weeks and can’t wait to drown in Korean puss t. White and Veeky Forums

Last time I was in Korea you could get a decent serving of 김치찜 for under $5.

lived there for 5 years. use iherb.com get ON delivered straight to your door. Traditional korean food is sick for gains as well

fucking english teachers man

you autistic beta faggots have forever ruined the white mans reputation in east asia

yes, seafood is really accessible and cheap. So maybe that.

I think I've heard someone talk about fitness people bulk ordering frozen chicken breast online. Really don't know about the quality tho.

My girlfriend is white, thanks.

>why are you going to live in asia?
because of study and work

just find the natural qts m9

How did you get to move to Korea op

yes, rice is super easy there, they have god tier rice cookers and the better rice, too.
I am borderline anti-alcoholic so I don't think I will fall into that pit.

lolno. I am not a shitty american loser trying to make a living abroad by teaching my mother tongue. No offense bro, but is 100% right.

that's not Veeky Forums food boiz.

thanks man. I am mostly concerned about high quality meat in large amounts to an affordable price. Do you have any tips? Maybe some butchers in Itaewon or something?

I chose a subject of study related to Asia and am gonna get deeper into that over there. Also after finally graduating I aim to correspond between the gooks and my home country.

fuck koreans

Gooks have the best girls.

how will fucking koreans give me gains m8?

bbq places are literally everywhere and usually very cheap and good for bulking. If you're in Seoul then 홍대 has streets upon streets of cheap all you can eat bbq places, just make sure you have someone to go with cause they're not gonna give you a table if you're alone. Chicken is more expensive in Korea so eat lots of pork and fish.

Also milk in Korea tastes strange/different. There's two or three main brands and they all taste weird, so maybe consider mixing your protein with water.

I had no problem keeping gains there. Maybe some trouble keeping visible abs because of fried food and loldrinkingeverynight, although I can't say I really tried. In my experience only beef was very expensive (compared to other food over there that is, beef was about the same as in my home country while the price of everything else was below 50%).

Had no problem finding high protein food:
Their fried chicken is heavenly (so much better than western)
Fish and seafood is cheap and plentiful
Intestine food is crazy cheap and pretty good, try it if you're not a pansy

Trust me when I say that you will not be cooking much (if even at all) in Korea. Especially not as a student in your tiny ass dorm/apartment with nothing else than a hot plate. Eating out/buying take-out/ordering home is very cheap and convenient, and everyone does it all the time. Traditional Korean food is delicious and much of it is protein dense (just go easy on the rice) so you won't have any trouble finding replacements for your chicken breasts with broccoli lunch boxes.

Make sure to live a little and try the street food stalls that are literally everywhere. Lots of interesting food there. If you're afraid of getting food poisoning, be sure to pick one that's busy. Their hygiene standards seem to be good however. I ate something from them nearly daily and not even once did I get sick.

then how come Korean guys are nothing but twinks?
all of them!
that's why the white man has it so easy to steal their pussy.

I've heard Korean girls are really conservative and put money and status above looks and charm.

How hard is it to get laid in Korea, guys ?

UGHHH

Literally no one works out over there. Non-existent fitness culture. Those who do sports quit during high school in order to study 24/7 unless they're elite athletes who will go on to the Olympics. Then they switch to working and drinking 24/7 instead.

p easy unless they're very religious

do they like big muscly guys?

iHerb and Gmarket are your friends. I order 3kg of individually packed, frozen, precooked chicken breast for $28. Veggies and others are easy to grab. iHerb for all other supplements (supplement prices in Korea are laughably stupid).

hello, fellow expat.
do what i do and order frozen chicken online via gmarket. heck, order everything off gmarket. i buy whey, kirkland protein bars, even built a home gym with equipment from gmarket. it's basically the korean version of amazon. but dont fuck with korean online banking, its a nightmare. make sure you have a paypal. anyway here's a link to the chicken i buy. it tastes fine, it's cheap (about $20 USD) and it arrives in about 48 hours from ordering. it's still frozen when it arrives, because they pack it with ice packs.
item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=843409820

Most Koreans, men and women, aspire to be thin. There's still a lot of really good looking guys in Korea though desu. And while that other poster was right when he said there isn't much of a lifting culture, you can find it if you know where to look. One of the biggest guys I ever met was Korean.

The average Korean (especially younger/college age) probably spends a lot more time working on their appearance than the average westerner does, and it really shows when you're walking around places like Hongdae or Sinchon.

This desu. I will never match the style sense of Koreans. Also, slowly gone is the myth of the tiny Korean, they're getting tall and big.

Enjoy your stay. Korea is fucking awesome.

lol bar zen, it's been fucking ages since i've gone there. good memories.

thanks guys. It looks like I actually don't have to worry and quality food is readily available.

How are the gyms in Korea?
You said you built a home gym. Do you even have the space for that in Seoul?

Gyms are fucking everywhere, you'll have no problem. Shop around.

How come we have so many Veeky Forums bros located in Korea, guys?

Got any more pics like this one?

I'm sure there's some sluts in Itaewon you could probably land but a bunch of foreigners come to Korea expecting that they're going to go from loser to sex god overnight. Not implying this pertains to you but it's a fair warning to anyone who thinks they're gonna dramatically turn their life around by moving to Korea/Asia.

People who were losers in their own countries stay losers in Korea. Often times it's even worse for them because of the importance of physical attractiveness and social aptitude in Korean society. Koreans can smell a loser from a mile away, especially now that they've been properly acquainted with a the archetype of the "white loser English teacher." And all of this goes double for people who can't speak Korean at all, because they're likely to end up living in a bubble in Itaewon or something and not really interacting/participating in Korean society.

Because it's a Friday night here and we're either getting ready to go out or are just chilling at home.
>seriously though, I never knew either

in seoul? no way. i live out in the boondocks though in a 2 bedroom house with a living room. there are no gyms nearby so i had little choice but to clutter my living room up with a bench and weights.
i used to go to gyms when i lived in the city, and they were fine. they're all usually well stocked, very modern. the koreans who go to the gym are a mixed group: grandpas who dawdle around, housewives and their spin classes, super beefy korean bros, and pilates chicks in tight spandex.

funny enough i wasnt fit before i came here. i got fit after arriving though, because i had little else to do. really helped me with the local ladies.

You're in luck. I'll dump a few more.

Go balls deep, brother.

what's your favorite thing about Korea?

In no particular order
>Night life
>Overall convenience
>Food (FUCK it's good)
>Transportation (World Class)
>My job (seriously, if you find a good place, you won't want to leave)
>The people (and lifelong friends) from around the world I've met
>Korean girls

There are plenty of gyms everywhere but you're going to have to find one that has proper equipment for lifting and isn't too expensive. Honestly I'd just walk around near wherever you're staying and check for any places right by you, ask some people, and look up gyms near you and find one that works for you. I've had generally positive experiences with Korean gyms though so I wouldn't worry.

> am wondering on what kind of food I will be able to bulk.
Soy

>doesn't know about Korean bbq
zozzle

>slowly gone is the myth of the tiny Korean
The eternal Asian cope. They actually think genes will change by eating.

>Only ethnic group capable of reaching their final form

They are getting fucking tall desu. I take the subway regularly and am not towering over as many heads as I would have thought
>t. 6'2

I dunno m8.
While I do agree that there are quite a few tall young guys, when I take the subway, my head is above their scalps 85% of the time.
>t. 6'1

Seriously take a trip to Seoul and see for yourself. The average Korean is much taller then they were a few decades ago. I'm 6' and while taller than most Korean guys, it's honestly not by much. I'd say the average male height among young adult Korean males must be between 5'9" and 5'10" and there are a bunch of taller dudes too.

>young guys
Fair play. I should have said that in my original post.

Alright lads, I'm sufficiently liquored up to throw myself into the dregs of Itaewon. Be well.

>young adult Korean males
emphasis on young
the average is dragged down by the older generations who are a fair bit shorter

>study is also 8 years old
Youngins have had a chance to grow into the picture by this point

Hang in there lil guy. One day you'll make it.

Posting facts makes their butts hurt. Don't be mean to them.

>insecure manlet talk ruining another thread
thanks Veeky Forums

>korean girls

Northern Europeans are *GENETICALLY* taller than Mediterraneans. No amount of eating will make East Asians as tall as Northern Europeans, who are about as tall as the Dutch now if you discount the old.

>The researchers found two variants that appear to have contributed to height differences across Europe. The graph shows the contributions different ancient populations made, including Anatolian Neolithic (AN) hunter-gatherers (HG) central European Early and Middle Neolithic (CEM), Iberian Neolithic and Chalcolithic (INC), central European Late Neolithic and Bronze Age (CLB), steppe (STP) and Iberian in Spain (IBS)
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3330674/Europeans-owe-height-ASIAN-nomads-blue-eyes-hunter-gatherers-Ancient-DNA-plots-centuries-genetic-changes-shaped-modern-man.html

is that even meat? it looks like straight up grilled fat

It's pork belly.

>autism
Nobody is saying that the average Korean is as tall as your average Dutchman or Swede. The point is the average Korean now is a lot taller than they used to be and tall people aren't that uncommon in Korea either.

Does it really give you an ego boost to know that the average person in your ethnic phenotype is 2 inches taller than the average person in a different ethnic group?
>being this insecure

gib

Every single one i met was a fucking faggot that would be a third rung male at home.

T. Soldier

>what people think Korean women look like

>what Korean women actually look like

Used to live in Korea. English teaching, OP? People aren't swole there and the gains mainly come from military service. All meat is expensive and the people there mostly don't eat a lot of meat; some not at all.

This is accurate

t. former expat

Great composition, but wholly fuck it looks dystopian. Who could stand to live in a shoe box illuminated by neon?
>t. suburbia fag

You can't. Hence the suicide rate.

Take her home senpai~

>The point is the average Korean now is a lot taller
Who cares? Smalltime will always be smalltime. Nobody cares what little people do in their own B-leagues.

every major city is turning into a shoe box m8.

I worked in both Korea and Malaysia for a few years, and have been to basically all of SEA. What do you want to know?

We're vain and angry, much like koreans.

No Korea experience but have been staying in japan for 6 months

Check a site called iherb for supplements. You really don't need much unless you believe all the memes.

Eat whole foods that shouldn't be to expensive
What exactly is "bulking food" you should be eating the same shit you always eat just more of it ,maybe different fats.

You don't need milk.

>You can't. Hence the suicide rate.
>every major city is turning into a shoe box m8.
Scary thought.
For all the money and opportunities, it seems so often that they rot from the inside out.

I was having a discussion with an architect friends of mine, and he said that based on research a human could "live" in one of those Japanese capsule hotels for about 60 days tops before having severe mental health issues, and that's after the physical health issues start to manifest themselves long before (respiratory, eye sight, phantom sensations, etc.).

How do "Less Developed" countries compare to more "Developed" in terms of what you saw of overall contentedness and happiness.

I am finishing my B.Ed, and also going to Korea for work in August. I went there two years ago, and here is what I remember:

>Fried chicken joints are everywhere
>Depending on Macros, Atkins/Paleo/Keto could be cheap
>Certain cuts of pork and reasonably priced
>Beef is out of this world expensive
>As you said, dairy is expensive
>Chicken can be hit and miss for price
>Fish was reasonably priced as long as it was local
>Lox style frozen salmon was $50 CAD/$40 USD for 500g / 1.2 lbs.
>Some fish was about $3 lbs, which was reasonable
>Beans are cheap everywhere on earth, and this includes Korea
>$10 is enough to last you for the year in rice
>Gimbap was cheap to make, and had great macros/micros if you had it well
>My Protein was, as you said, cheap and good. It was about 4 days shipping perhaps

A cheap [enough] bulk would look like eggs, rice, fish, pork, beans, whatever else you get from My Protein. A few things

>For cheats, Baskin Robbins is everywhere, like Tim Hortons and Starbucks are here
>Chicken + Beer is a big thing there. So is Baseball
>Eat Korean food as often as possible, not American food there. Everything is served with rice, so you're god
>Korean moms WILL feed you until you say yo can't eat any more.

Make local friends, meet their families, and you'll never have to worry about your bulking ever again. Bring a small gift, and you're invited back forever and ever.

Good luck, brother.

I wouldn't mind becoming the boss to an aspiring gang of mafiosi in Korea, but that's a story for another time.

just googled gimbap. what's the difference between that and sushi.

A few more:

>900g protein from GNC was over $80 in stores
>Coffee is $5 for regular size
>They charge you extra for ice at restaurants
>You get your own water at restaurants from water machines
>There are French style bakeries everywhere. And I mean everywhere

Good Korean bulking dishes may be:
>KFC [Korean Fried Chicken]
>Bulgogi [Beef with onion, carrot, sesame oil and other veggies in soy sauce on a cast iron plate]
>Ginger chicken [A whole chicken cooked in a bath of ginger infused juices which is cheap at restaurants]
>Bibimbap [Korean soup with egg and veggies]
>Baked egg [Cooked in fire, usually eat with salt and pepper]

Some of the ingredients, such as [sometimes] cream cheese, radish, the flavour of seaweed used, and sesame oil on the outside.It's a Korean variation of sushi [?]

google.de/search?q=gyeongui line park seoul&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUnI_yleTYAhVBrhQKHf9YAA4Q_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=752
They are building a park through the middle of the fucking city.
Lot's of other parks as well.
it's not that bad.

ALso check out Incheon for a modern planned city
google.de/search?q=incheon plan city&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTp7GPluTYAhUPr6QKHfo9ATIQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1536&bih=752

Those actually look better than that plastic doll you posted

The less developed countries (I'm specifically thinking of Myanmar, Cambodia and to a lesser extent Malaysia) ironically seem to be more happy. It's also a shift in perspective, there's no need to worry or think about a Mercedes Benz, so let's enjoy this delicious meal under the setting sun. Some of it I believe has to do with the (often) grim near-history of the countries. In Korea, many of my Korean co-workers would be totally absorbed in working, technology and alcohol. There wasn't room in their lives for any private pursuits, and I believe their mental health suffered as a result. In terms of your personal sense of contentedness/happiness, that speaks to your own motivations and ambitions. In terms of SEA, accepting things as they come is a helpful mindset, as is just "going with the flow", Type A neurotic people will go crazy.
I'd also add that many of these countries are "high-context" in social scenarios. In New York, we just say "No, I don't want to have lunch with you". No hard feelings, and the message of "no" is clearly communicated. In Malaysia it would be "I will try...it may be difficult." Same message of "no", but it takes finesse and reading social cues to pick up on. Anything else?

Those actually look good. I was in Korea, 99 out of 100 girls look worse than the ones in your pic. They have round, chubby faces, fat legs and weird hairstyles. Korean women only look good from afar on music videos until you realize it's all angles, lighting, heavy make up and plastics.

Well there you go.
Thank for that senpai, pretty interesting read.
Also lol at the New York "No", here in Aus getting hard "Hard No" tends to be a bit rarer.

99 out of 100 girls also look ugly in Europe.
Well yeah, maybe the average is slightly better outside of Asia but asian girls age A LOT better.

Also, Korean girls tend to only become beautiful in their college days. Highschool and freshman girls are literal babies who know nothing about life except studying.