Getting fit in your 30s

What are some good tips for starting to get fit in your 30s? Anyone else here done it?

Work out and stop being a pig

eat/sleep well and lift heavy

Read the sticky

Same rules as if u were 20. Eat lift sleep.

Just it's more important for us old fags to learn proper form because our bodies are less forgiving and injuries can take longer to heal. Slow and steady. Don't ego lift.

t. 34 year old who started lifting at 30, fucked his back, took ages to recover but now looks jacked.

Show me ur body daddy

>eat better
>try to get as much good sleep as you can
>lift
>cardio
>conditioning

Flexed with a pump.

6'1, 212kg

Too shy. Im 33, 5'11" and weight 146 right now. I just dont know what direction I should go. Get lean or bulk up and gain more muscle.
When you guys say sleep well, what are we talking? The usual 8 hours?

As long as it takes to wake without an alarm

Do the same thing everyone else does, except be a bit more careful, and accept that progress might be slower and a bit more limited maybe. And that's OK, because you're not competing with anyone else, just with yourself.

I am 32, went to a cardio boxing class yesterday just for fun. I enjoyed it, but fuck, I cant even lift my arm. I am sore as hell. Any tips on recovery for an old fart like me?

I'm 31 and just started lifting again 7 months ago after a 5 year break. I train 2 hours a day 6 days a week and I'm gaining faster than I did when I was 21 because I'm following a stricter program, eating cleaner, and never missing a work out. Don't fall for the meme of it being impossible to get in shape in your 30s. I do have really high test levels for my age though so I have an advantage when it comes to building muscle. Just put your head down and put in work.

35 here, started lifting again 6 months ago.
I was jacked in my early 20s but stopped.

Anons here are right, eat well, sleep and follow a program. DONT EGO LIFT. If you struggle or plateau just deload and get work back to the weight. You’ll avoid injury.
I’m doing strong lifts and the progress is amazing. I didn’t follow a diet in my 20s and I’m realising now that’s so important.

You’ll also realise how many younger ladies obviously have an Electra complex, cos I’m getting mires ;-)

Stretching, Ibuprofen and a couple of beers

GAIN MUSCLE. You can get lean later

Go slow. Work up to heavier weights. Stretch a lot. Go fucking slow.
Same shit applies as when you were 20 - but rest/recovery/diet are much more important.

I do but i wont tell you anything because of these ridicoulous threads.
1. The OP pics are always 70+ guys
2. 30 isnt even close to old, it starts 50 maybe
3. 30/40 guys are way stronger than 15+ if theyre consistant. Stop acting like we die tomorrow!
4. Stop forcing your insecurity on me and the others, at least 50% here are 30+

Id get 50+ Threads but this is ridicoulous. Whats next? 18-20, 20-25.
Everyone thinks im in my 20s at best because i dont give a damn.
Fuck you

This. This is the post I wanted to see.
Thanks user.

There are some differences worth mentioning. In life 30 isn't old but in lifting you'll have a different experience than if you were 20. Not massively different, but different nonetheless.

You build mass easier in your 20s and the older you get the more difficult that becomes. You'll also likely find it easier to stay lean as you age, contrary to popular belief. Also you may find it harder to recover, for example 30+ guys often struggle on programs like the Texas method.

Do it again. Consistency is the only thing that will allow you to adapt to physical activity without massive soreness.

cardio and strength training.
good diet.
it's not different from any other age.

Fuck off with this "I'm such an old man oh woe is me"
You are at your prime age. If you were a boxer, you'd be at the height of your career right now.

>You are at your prime age. If you were a boxer, you'd be at the height of your career right now.
>ignores the fact that it's your "Prime" and "Peak Career" if you actually succeed at any point previously and built upon it.

This is 4chin kid, realm of the failed manchild.

>If you were a boxer, you'd be at the height of your career right now.
Mike Tyson was at his peak from 20-22.
And Tyson Fury at 27. Now on the verge of 30 he is a fat wreck, doubtful he ever returns to boxing.