Wisdom Teeth Removal

Fuck lads, I just found out that I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. Have any Anons here experienced decreased facial aesthetics from wisdom tooth removal? I don't want to catch the ugly.

It doesn't change your jaw, dude. If it does sue the pants off that dentist for malpractice because he fucked up royally.

>advice
Get the surgery with an actual oral surgeon, not your dentist. Get all the drugs (Nitrous Oxide, plus whatever they inject to knock you out).

This

Alright folks, thanks for the help. Already getting it done at a professional oral surgeon, that I trust somewhat. You've helped a lot with my nerves.

Did the dentist tell you that? What do you have? I had a mouth infection 1 year ago and went to the dentist and they did root canal treatment. A week after that it still hurt like hell so I went back and they told me they have to pull it. I didn't want that so I asked if there was anything I could do and they referred me to the oral and maxillofacial surgery. He looked at it and said you will be fine after a few days with antibiotics. After 1 day the pain went away and I didnt need to use ibuprofen every 4 hours. I also had a swelling in the neck that fixed by itself. Dentist are anti antibiotics so make sure to get a second opinion. Wisdom removal can fuck you up and should be the final option when everything else failed.

I went to the dentist with some moderate cheek pain. Turns out my wisdom teeth were growing crooked, causing me to rub the insides of my cheeks raw and carving out chunks every time I bit down. Went to the oral surgeon for a second opinion, and he said they would need to be removed within 6 months. We bumped it up to next month due to insurance concerns. So, how exactly can removal fuck you up? I saw a few threads on lookism when I googled it, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence/pictures yet.

>tfw had perfect teeth health all my life
>dad forced me to wear braces in my teens despite me having maybe one crooked teeth
>he never cared enough to check up on it because I didn't live with him
>neither did I because bullied in high school and had other things on my mind (fap and vidya)
>mountain dew and dorritos all day erryday
>go for a long overdue visit
>hmm user, I think you're developing cavities because of braces
>we'll have to take it off, however you'll have to wear a retainer for the teeth to stay in place
>some people have to wear a retainer all their lives otherwise teeth go back to their original positions
>pic related mfw
BITCH WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SO IN THE FIRST PLACE
>tfw ruined perfect teeth health to braces

The removal itself won’t fuck you up unless you’re a Nancy boy. You’ll be swollen faced for a couple days at most and then sure it’ll be tender the next week. The doc gave you the rundown of the complications such as damaging the nerve and causing facial paralysis drooling etc. it can happen but it’s not that common as every case is different. Or if they doc is fucking careless

They should do this on a regular basis. Most likely reach in there with a pair of forceps/pliers and yank them out. I had a college deadlifter who was strong as fuck which unfortunately left my jaw more sore than the extraction holes. More caressful way is drilling the tooth and taking out in chunks. Surgeon and case depending

Most importantly is to follow the aftercare instructions with food, no straws or slurping especially if you get a sinus puncture and no sneezing with your mouth closed. Even if you’re gonna spray whatever is in your mouth everywhere, keep that fucker open. I didn’t take any of the pain killers so don’t feel like you have to.

Wearing a retainer isn't so bad, user. I've worn one ever since I got my braces off and my teeth are still perfectly straight. Only downside is that you sound retarded when you try to speak and look dopey, but hey. At least you don't have to wear it out in public. And it's certainly better than getting braces again.
This post has done more to calm my nerves than the surgeons explanation. Although I don't think it'll do as much as the 3 extra strength Valiums he prescribed me with. You're a good man, user.

Local freezing is sufficient if you're not a little bitch. Then just advil liquigels to deal with the post-surgery discomfort.

What happens if you dont get them removed? dentist has been talking mad shit for years saying one day ill have to get them removed. i use to teethe but havnt for years. From what iv heard, its like 3 days of pure agony after they are removed.
Idk but id just rather a 2/10 pain every so often than get them removed.

Diet of mountain dew, long overdue visit... what could go wrong?
Don't blame your father for your idiocy.

>tfw impacted wisdom teeth and in intense pain
>tfw social anxiety and still too much of a pussy to go see the dentist
I've had these episodes before. Last time the pain was so intense I was almost suicidal but it went away after some days. This time it hurt very badly for about 2 days now but didn't rob me any sleep and today is already a lot better again. Now that the pain is almost gone my motivation to go to the dentist is rather small...

Damage to adjacent teeth, severe infection etc. not definite obviously just quite likely if theyre impacted and cant be cleaned properly.

You deserve to be ugly if you do this.

>What happens if you dont get them removed?
>its like 3 days of pure agony after they are removed
If they get infected the pain will be worse than anything you can imagine, worse than the "pain" you may (or may not) experience when you get them removed and it will last just as long too.

It won't affect your aesthetics, but if you remove it on one side, make sure you do the same on the other in the near future, because otherwise your teeth will shift over time to that first side to make space for the other wisdom teeth. You will be lying in bed for a week minimum (depends how much is the tooth showing - the more, the better the healing process), no lifting, just blending all your food. Take your antibiotics and keep yourself clean, because if you won't, you might be in for some serious trouble bro. Also buy some strong ass painkillers.

>unironically handing over your (((wisdom))) teeth to Dr. Shekelstein

yeah sorry for not being a responsible adult when I was 15

lol. I literally had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. my inflated cheeks have me looking like a total chad. I went out to walk the dog this morning and I was complimented on my jaw line by every woman that passed me by. one even requested that she may blow me. I've decided to not take any antibiotics or pain killers so that my jaw line can remain the same. can't wait for all these slutty yogapants in nyc to open their mouths in lust for my thicc cock.

When I was 18, I got told by the dentist I have to remove my impacted wisdom teeth IMMEDIATELY, otherwise it would have serious complications.

Well, I'm 23 now and I have not had a single episode of pain or misalignment of my other teeth due to my wisdom teeth.

Take this with a grain of salt though, since I know some people actually get complications, but I had a different experience

Yea i dont want to wake up saying stupid shit to everyone.

gonna need pics of that cocc
>no homo

Yeah, dude, a lot of shady dentists will tell you that you need to have your wisdom teeth pulled immediately because they don't want your jaw and skull to get fucked up. Fucking shady.

Whatever you say man, I haven't noticed any difference

It's not shady. Jewish doctors want your (((wisdom))).
I disregarded my doc's advice about wisdom teeth and guess what? I'm perfectly okay 10 years later
It's almost like it's stupid to remove things that come naturally through development of the human body

Just got my wisdom teeth removed about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't really do anything for the first 3 days after and eating was hard. Around the 5th day I was back to normal except it hurt a bit to open my mouth all the way. Haven't noticed any facial changes, in case that was a srs question

well, hey, sometimes they can grow in odd directions. if your wisdom teeth aren't perfectly parallel with your other teeth, they have to saw them out and use an incredible amount of force on your lower jaw. lol