Hot dudes reading

Why do so few Veeky Forumszens make it?

instagram.com/hotdudesreading/?hl=en

It's all twinks, with maybe some beard.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGS067s0zo
youtube.com/watch?v=pCoKngRcbR4
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/30/teenagers-sleep-quality-and-mental-health-at-risk-over-late-night-mobile-phone-use
medicaldaily.com/e-books-are-damaging-your-health-why-we-should-all-start-reading-paper-books-again-317212
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350886/
digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-your-phone-damage-your-eyes-an-experts-advice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/fitlitpol/ reporting in

>/fitlitpol/
So... "I read half of Sun and Steel once" crowd?

>Reading in public trains
I dont know how many autistic points it gives you

>autist thinking something a lot of regular people do is autistic

>2018
>everyone has the ability to read any book they want through their phone
>choose to carry an actual physical copy of 1 book and pretend to read it in public just to let people know that you can read books

Please dont ever be this vain.

I always read on a Kindle if I can but
>he can get find the books he wants to read in digital format
Sign of a true genre fiction-reading brainlet

>not reading letters on paper, something that's easy on our eyes
>instead carrying a device that can run out of power after using for 2 hours
not gonna make it

>he can’t find any book he wants to read in digital format
t. Brainlet

>autist trying to find other autists

>le im so smart reading in public about some shit no one cares about

>i only read original hand written millenia old books because that makes me smarter than those who read exactly the same books in digital format.

>Reading on a screen

Confirmed none-reader

> i read books cause i think i am fit and there might be cute girl who will think that i am fit and smart and maybe will approach me

>he's too dumb to realise not all books are available in digital format
>probably because he only reads crap

It’s just for looks buddy. A lot of people can’t drop panties with an acoustic guitar so they’ve got to use something for girls to come up and start a discussion with them. I personally take my Yorkie on walks around town. I only feed him meet so he’s fucking huge and fluffy and people can’t resist picking him up.

meat*

Delete this post, please.

I can't imagine books working for this purpose.

>carrying a device that can run out of power after using for 2 hours

I really dont get this, why would anyone buy iphone and pretend they are good phones when those very same people constantly moan about having incredibly short battery lifespan and confirmed updates that have been made for the sole purpose of slowing your phone down just to force you to buy a new one.
Why not just buy some (literally 4 times cheaper) chinese phone that has same/better stats.
Everyone knows this shit is just for some bullshit social status boost.
Talk abouy being vain.

This

Are you joking? I dare yoh to go into a Starbucks or some place that sells coffee and sit while reading something and I guarantee people will ask what you’re reading. Girls sitting everywhere by themselves waiting for a chance to talk to somebody. Just don’t go in the morning because most people in the morning are there just to actually get a coffee before work. Go after noon. This works almost anywhere in public as well. If a girl thinks she might like you the book gives her a very easy reason to come up and talk with you.

2/2
Being a book that you’ve actually read at some point so you can discuss a little bit about it.

Now that we established that only true brainlets reads in public train fro attention. How would you approach a woman that reads in train /fit? You have only one chance.

Bring*

>what are you reading

God mode if you’ve already read the book open up with a quote from the book and if not google quotes from the title before you approach.

You don't. She's reading because she wants to read instead of talking to some sperg on a fucking train.

delete this

Same thing goes with bands. If you see somebody wearing an MCR shirt for example good the members names and songs and pretend you’re a fan. I actually did this once in high school with a girl in my class that made it clear through clothes she’d wear that she liked the band.

she reads for attention you locko.
She literally want you to ask her this question

No dude, she’d be on her phone if she was just wanting to be entertained. If she’s reading a book she wants people to see her reading the book because it presents a certain type of look.

Idiocracy is real, lads.

Remember that girls love talking about themselves and it’s actually 90% of any conversation with them. Anything they wear or have on them is probably something they have because they want to talk about it. Even something as simple as a chick having purple highlights or something is something they do because they want to be complemented on it the same way you’d want a chick to grab your biceps and say you’re huge.

Lel, reminds how when I wanted to leave my work to start a PhD, I was reading scientific papers on train back from work, and a fat woman with a wingwoman started asking me about that, this turned into an hour long conversation. Luckily, I never saw her again.

i have read over a 700 books so far and when i see a guy that reads public i cringe so hard. If you are doing this please stop

Well I mean having a conversation is never a bad thing. At the very least you got to talk to somebody and pass the time. You should have kept her around because maybe one day if you were bored you could do Netflix and chill. You’re blowing it user.

maybe she entertains herself by reading, is that just impossible? How fucking stupid do you have to be to think that people only read books to signal their superior intelligence?

this

That’s just you though. It definitely works.

Probably if you're amerifat, because apparently no one reads books over there.

Sure. And that look means "fuck off. I'm trying to read."

Using time otherwise wasted on transportation for studying. Super cringy.

Knock the book out of her hands and say "Gotcha'"

Because a phone or tablet is better in amost every way possible and most people understand that. A book is a relic of the past even as far as reading goes but some people still do it because it looks more stylish but If she’s not wanting attention and just wants to read she’s not going to go out of her way and buy a book when she can just read whatever she wants on her phone including books.

I'm married though, my wife is way hotter.
But yeah, conversation is nice, problem is, where I leave if you ride train to work, you eventually become pissed 100% of the time while on the train.

That’s the one exception. If it’s a textbook or something they’re probably actually trying to study.

Obviously they do since there's a fucking instagram called Hot Dudes Reading

Spotted the millennial.

It’s a fact user. Just because your old ass doesn’t want to move on doesn’t change that. There’s a reason people use better versions of things.

wow
>I afraid to read a book in public because people will think I'm a tryhard
How insecure do you have to be?
Kindles are cool, but a real book will always be better.

>le idiocrazy is rel becuz people dont red stories in public about some shitty crime drama

Have you ever tried to read an actual book on your phone? Maybe it works for online sites but reading a 500-page pdf on your phone is incredibly annoying. In all my time at my university, i have seen no one use their phone to read unless in an emergency. People still go out of their way to buy books instead of using pdf for studying because reading on a computer screen is shit compared to reading a normal book.

hmmm it just came to me. What if i start talking to her in different language like russian or spanish or something. That would break the ice and she would smile right r-right ?

>чтo ты читaeшь?
i am sorry i dont understand (she smiles)
>oh sorry i thought you were russian
Ha ha no no

and then continue ? Good or bad idea /fit ?

A tablet/phone can be thousands of books in one easy to carry device that you can read in low light and even play background music while reading and look up things you’re reading ubout while you’re reading. People of the past would fucking jizz themselves at the though of something like that. People moving on to bigger and better things isn’t bad at all. When they figure out a way to download information straight into my brain you’d better believe I’ll be using that as well.

>doesn't occur to him that not all books are available digitally
>doesn't realize that some people still actually prefer hard copies

Or if she is reading literally anything other than fiction she might be trying to use that time to learn new skills and better herself. Sure, if she is reading "War and Peace" and holds it so everyone can see it she might just go for the literary nerd look, but how often do you think people read something to look smart vs reading because they want to read that text and commuting is otherwise wasted time?

A real book will never be better except for looking stylish which I fully admit. Seeing somebody reading an actual book looks cooler and more unique but not nearly as convenient.

I know it’s not books but I read very long fanfics on my phone with some having up to 30+ chapters and I’m fine.

she gonna ask you why you thought that and you better have a good response that doesn't seem weird or insulting.

>Literally all dudes with the same hairstyle + beard + clothes

No matter how many books you "read" on a crowded tram you still havent ascended.

>fanfics
Spotted the problem, faggot

She’d literally be better watching YouTube videos or reading information or books online than to carry a single book around that might be mlissing information or not cover everything she needs to know.

How about the following: phones are fucking small. If you use them for anything other than calling and occasional WhatsApp, they run out of juice. If I have to take a tablet with the phone, what's the fucking point? Something like Kindle I can understand, but you have to actually care enough to buy it, and real book is easier to use when checking things you've already went over, or index, or whatever. The only scenario when an electronic book might be better is (non)fiction, i.e. a book that you read start to finish. Those books take time to read on transport (days or weeks), so no reason to take an actual book anyway. You millennials look at reading books like some kind of achievement, whereas for regular people it's just pastime, they don't want to care about charge, don't want to deal with technology issues, don't want to figure out ways to do simplest of things like temporarily look in different place in the book, etc.

>cause russian girls are beautiful

>People still go out of their way to buy books instead of using pdf for studying
I do exactly that when ordering paper books on department budget dough, for PDFs I already have. Have to fight the library manager every time.

It’s not a problem. One way or another reading is reading. Just because I prefer how cringy fanfics can be is just my thing. They’re so bad they’re actually funny a lot of the time and there’s actually some pretty good stuff people write and when I find those it’s a lot more satisfying than reading Harry Potter or True Blood.

looking at a screen is more annoying than reading from books. This isn't something new and it's why the fucking kindle exists. It's not as convenient but the reading experience is much better, which can be crucial if you are studying and have to read for long periods of time.

It's best to do on girls who have the heritage, but don't speak the language fluently, i.e. those who immigrated in young age. Otherwise, they are probably prejudiced against foreigners.

depends on the subject, you giant idiot. Not everything can be learned through shitty YT videos when you get out of high school.

>data hog: the guide
You are not doing a fucking bibliography research while on public transport, you are typically trying to read one specific book.

Unless you’re trip takes you 10+ hours you’re not going to run out of juice and reading on a phone or tablet is just as easy when you start and a lot more convenient when you get used to it. Also if there’s something in the book or word you don’t understand you can literally look in up on the same device. You’re just living in the past.

If you're good looking and have the right accent that would work. If not then you will know how pepper spray taste. Just fucking talk about the book she is reading. If she is interested in you she will want to talk about it.

If you’re going to study you’re obviously going to use the textbook they scan you with so obviously that’s the case dork.

Give me an example of a book you have right now that you can read on a train and I right now can’t better research or learn about on my phone right now.

>watching YouTube videos
I'm so tired of these retards in my college (am a lecturer). Totally incapable of actually learning the material, their best is "monkey see, monkey do" with 15-seconds attention span. A wasted generation.

if you cant aspire attention to your audience then its your fault and you suck

I suggest you read an entire textbook on some subject on your phone and then read another in book form. After that try to think hard about what experience was actually better. I agree that logically your phone is smarter to use, but if you read a lot you will soon see why so few use regular computer screens for long periods of reading.

Just today I wanted to learn to to properly cut an onion because I’d suck at cooking and watched a quick video and will never struggle with that problem again. I could go to the store and buy a book about cooking but it’s much easier to learn things in some ways. You’re just living in the past.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGS067s0zo

No one is talking about style, you are ruining your eyes if you read on a phone. I'm okay with kindles, but if I really like and want a book I would by the paper version. Also you could buy second hand books which is great since they are being reused and are really cheap.

>"Hey, are you reading?"

I’ve alrea said multiple times if you’re reading an entire textbook that’s a completely different story and you’re better off reading at a desk alone in that case.

>Unless you’re trip takes you 10+ hours you’re not going to run out of juice
Fucking millennials, I swear. Has it occurred to you that I am speaking from experience? Not everyone has the newest gadgets, my phone will definitely run out of juice from constant use on the roundtrip. Also, I extremely rarely need to look something up or encounter unfamiliar words in one of the 3 languages that I read in. Perhaps, because I read actual books instead of jerking off with my new XYZphone.

>watching videos about how to cut an onion
lol
here :youtube.com/watch?v=pCoKngRcbR4

Reading on public transit is a bad thing now?

I find it better to actually do something with my time instead of just fucking around on my phone or staring into space.

Reading books damages your eyes. Any kind of low light setting and you’ll probably do a years worth of the minuscule damage your eyes get from looking at a phone.

>ei it's either fanfics or shit True Blood
kek

>not using context clues to figure out what the word means
It's a better reading experience, imo. Improves your vocabulary, too, as the mini problem solving helps with retention.

Actually, there's a trend that's been observed with (us) millennials and shortened attention spans. We get bombarded with a lot of information and notifications about shit we don't need, and a lot of us can't sit and just read without checking social media or doing other shit after trying for about half an hour.

That, and collecting books is pretty gratifying for me.

virgin soyboy
>read books for attention and looks
Ultra Chad Ubermench
>Listens Warfare history podcasts

Well read something you’ll learn from on your phone. You have the world at your fingertips so don’t blame the phone if your adhd won’t let you stop watching YouTube vids of babies laughing and cat videos.

If a screen is superior then why wouldn't it be superior for studying?
Organizational behaviour. An introduction to the material and the relevant material that one should know to have a basic understanding of the subject. Mind you, finding texts online about OB is not enough, the advantage of books on the subject is that the author(who we can assume is knowledgeable on the subject) have chosen the relevant information and models you should know to expand your knowledge on the subject. Instead of hopping from one short text to another and hoping that you get all you need by reading a 500-page book you will find a complete collecting of information that you need.

>Give me an example of a book you have right now that you can read on a train and I right now can’t better research or learn about on my phone right now.
Python Tricks: The Book, by Dan Bader

Have you ever considered listening to podcasts ?

You’re so wrong. Actually looking up the exact definition of the word instead of guessing and potentially thinking it means something else is much better. You’re living in the past.

but if you are on a fucking train then you cant really be reading in optimal conditions right? Maybe that person is on their way to study, and don't want to waste their commute when they could also read there.

Well first of all schools love selling $200 books to kids so that’s why almost every class requires text books and secondly reading is reading no matter what. A book isn’t magic.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/30/teenagers-sleep-quality-and-mental-health-at-risk-over-late-night-mobile-phone-use
medicaldaily.com/e-books-are-damaging-your-health-why-we-should-all-start-reading-paper-books-again-317212
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350886/
digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-your-phone-damage-your-eyes-an-experts-advice/

If you are in denial, that's fine by me. But don't make it into a vanity thing, no one reads paper books to look cool.

I can, but they are incapable of learning on their own.

As I’ve about a million times in this thread if you’re studying with a book given to you by the school that’s a different story.

That’s why they’re paying you idiot. If they could learn everything themselves you wouldn’t have a job.

Don't live in the US mate, my used book cost 20 dollars and served me just fine cuz our educational system is made to generate profits. Reading is reading but the method that you use changes. If not then reading on an old Nokia phone is surely as good as a tablet right, because reading is reading?
Still waiting on that little link that will blast my textbook on organizational behaviour out of the water.

>shit at reading comprehension
Yo, don't project.

and what if you are reading something just to better yourself, is that so different from reading a textbook?

watch some videos about how to make people listen to you,how to convince people, how to make them curious etc

Reading a book one time in low light will fuck your eyes up more than anything in these studies combined and a lot of the problems these studies are talking about can be avoided.