Upper Chest - Experience

Need advice on how to train my upper chest (pic related/blue area).

My lower chest is quite fit and has an appealing shape when wearing a shirt, but when naked my whole chest area does look disproportional, because the upper area is just skin and bones ...

I would like to get some advice on how to train the upper chest area properly, so it does increase in size and looks proportionate. I am open to anything from special excercises and diets to your personal experiences and achievements.

General tips are welcome too.

read the sticky.

I'm a calisthenics DYEL, but isn't that what push ups are for?

shut the fuck up you dickhole

that's not upper chest OP. look at pic related.

The best way to train your upper chest is with heavy, paused barbell incline press.

yes, incline decline and flat bench

Just keep doing your bench presses and (cable) flies and they will come along eventually. You can add incline bench, dumbbell flies, et cetera if you want. It seems you're seeking for a shortcut, but the basic principle is more weight = more size. That's it.

Chest is quite overrated and pronounced in media, so I understand your hurry to get them to grow. Plus your guy in the picture is definitely roided so don't set that as your short-term target, even less as a natty lifter.

wow, rude. you asked for general tips.

>OHP
>Dips
>Incline bench

You should be doing ohp at some point in your routine already, add either dips or incline.

INCLINE CHEST SHRUGS

Overhead Press, 45° Inclines, Landmine Press, High Cable Flyes, Reverse Grip Bench

>Stop doing decline movements other than dips
>Stop doing hypertrophy work on straight bench, only strength work
>Go ham on the close grip DB incline presses for hypertrophy (10-12 slow reps with squeeze at top)
>Incline hex presses
>do a shitton of flyes but only those that hit the upper portion of the chest (pulley at the lowest setting, fly that shit up and in) both seated and standing, can also be done with DBs.
>Do more vertical pressing (OHP seated, standing)
>Do more front raises going higher than parallel
>Also train your mind muscle connection with that specific part of the chest by doing incline pullovers and really focusing on it with your mind

Thanks so far.
Is there a way to excercise without benches at home too? I have weights though.

I have seen some push-up variations, that could do the job, but can't find it and don't know how to do them properly/ if they really affect the desired area.

Angle pushups, keep changing the angle till you can feel the muscle pain in the part you want to grow.

>dips
>upper chest
pick one

Post pic of chest OP

>the basic principle is more weight = more size
while not false, the basic principle is progressive overload. this can be achieved, among other things, by increasing the weights. but its not the be all, end all. hypertrophy and high reps have their place, and it depends on the areas you target.
you should be rowing heavy, but your biceps or calves dont respond nearly as well to 5x5. spouting empty platitudes doesnt help anyone.
working out is simple, but heavy = better isnt too simplistic as well.
do your squats until your back and shoulders cant take it anymore, and then do hacksquats to target the quads specifically after youre done squatting. when it comes to work ethics, your average powerlifter could learn a thing or to from Arnold or Tom Platz

spotted the retard

Thanks for your help, everyone.
You provided some useful information.

Oh no. :D Maybe next month, if I keep struggling with upper and inner chest. ;)

I'm having the opposite problem, central and upper chest is becoming full and developed but no matter how much flat bench I do my lower chest just doesn't seem to grow at all, any advice?
To answer your original question, tons of flies. Machine flies, preferably, given that they allow you to better remove your delts from the equation

use your upper chest to get a bigger upper chest
idiot.

do chest from a stretched position. Take some light weight to get a feel for your maximum stretch like 5kg. and try to let your arms go as far back as possible behind your body. From this stretched position start the movement.

Pike Push ups do it, which are an easier version of handstand push ups. If you decide to try them out, keep in mind that your wall handstand push ups ( head placement and elbow placement and everything) must look like pike push ups. If your elbows are to the side you are working more your delts.

Oh I agree with you definitely and my statement was simplified for sure. I just got the feel that OP has recently gotten into lifting and was looking for a shortcut, but they should rather just focus on getting the basics down and weight up. Good things will come along that

I'll try that out too, thanks.

>OP has recently gotten into lifting
That's right, I just started to shape my overall body, but my main goal is to improve my chest, which bothers me most.
It helps me to get into fitness in general, since I have no idea were to start, how to eat etc.
Motivation to work out and research, so to speak.

The most important thing of all is consistency. Out of 5 workouts, one will be shitty, three will be average and one will be great. Neither the first nor the last matter as much as the 3 other times in the long term. Every day you get yourself to the gym is a day you improve your health, your overall athleticism, and your appearance. Once you've got used to going, you will be looking forward to your workouts until you dont want to go without it anymore.
Dont obsess over any memes or specific programs, try out different things and see what works for you. The same goes for diet. There is no theoretically superior diet. The perfect way to eat is the one where you enjoy eating healthily and have no problems sticking to it. And this depends on the person.
For instance, I couldnt stick with a keto or paleo diet, but when Im cutting I fast to reduce the window im eating in. That helps me keep my calories in check. Others absolutely hate it, and that is fine too. As long as they find out what works for THEM personally, its the perfect diet.

Be CONSISTENT. Dont obsess over short-term goals

Bingo.
It's the reason I love "boring" long term plans like Hepburn; if I just keep moving weight consistently without getting injured chasing quick gains then I can focus on getting faster and more stable. Faster and more stable means I can move more weight.
Even though I rarely have an exact idea what my 1rms are, I'm usually operating in a range where I'm focused on solving problems that I would have if iI did shoot for one.
Right now that means lats & quads have been getting some love 4-6x/week. 3-4 months from now they'll be a stronger point.
I don't have to worry too much about delts bc I've always been a strong presser. Squats go up if I give dl enough focus.
Give the things you'll never be bad at just enough attention, give the things you now need to bring up steady love, and don't break yourself on the things that aren't weaknesses or strengths. Steady work is better than inconsistency

You can't train your upper chest. You can only train the chest.
Lift heavier.

I have a great upper chest. I only do incline bench for it. I think on OHP if you lower the bar closer to the chest the upper chest gets hit too

so yeah include incline bench as one of your primary exercises for chest day

Incline barbell press 4 sets of 6-8
superset
Incline DB Fly 4 sets of 15

stick to ONLY incline bench for 6-8 weeks and progressively overload it.. eat in a surplus too.

My chest is my strongest point (little bit genetics, little bit training)

Thanks, Anons. I'll look into it.

>You can't train your upper chest. You can only train the chest.
My fear is, that if I train my whole chest, it will stay disproportionate.

It's not me, but the dude on the picture (right side) seems to have the same issue:
The lower chest is bulky/fat, while the upper and inner part are very skinny.
My thought was to train the upper and inner chest more intense, so it does look proportionate like pic related (left side).

Or does the body regulate the muscle growth automatically, if i just train the whole chest in the same intensity?

Literally what are we supposed to discuss on this board if not fitness. This is like going on /v/ to ask what people think of a game and someone replying with "read a review".

Tldr; you're cancer

>can’t discuss fitness because sticky
>funny/interesting threads get deleted for being off topic
Fucking faggots just wanted oogle half naked men all day and nothing else.

Bench and The Press (tm)

>Reverse Grip Bench

This. Works well with a barbell or dumbbells, a slight incline can also help.

This.
Incline and ohp progression with complimentary dips to sculpt a aesthetic chest

Or just get strong at incline bench in the 5 rep range which works for all naturals. No need for meme flies and squeeze action

Legit info on fit for once instead of muh 3x5 bench

What always helped me was doing Bench Press, then Shoulder press then very wide Pull ups with full ROM , believe me this targets the upper chest so fucking strong, for reference, my best trained muscle is my chest,

Got pics because exactly what I do my negroid

dyel spotted. Have you seen those weighted calisthenics guys? Huge chests from 3-4 plate dips

Dips, dumbbell chest press, incline benchpress, mainly dips