Is it possible to get fit enough to outrun a doge?

Is it possible to get fit enough to outrun a doge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Inkdym0CrYo
mobile.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/health/27well.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/06/long_distance_running_and_evolution_why_humans_can_outrun_horses_but_can_t_jump_higher_than_cats_.html
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/20/450068114/heres-how-you-can-outrun-a-horse
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon
quora.com/Can-a-human-outrun-all-other-animals-Can-humans-beat-the-time-of-any-other-animal-for-say-a-50-mile-or-100-mile-distance
knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/13/men-can-beat-horses-in-marathons/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on the dog

distance-wise? Yes, humans can run the longest distance compared to any other animal

This

I can outwalk my fatass dog

No. Our fastest humans are half as fast as fastest dogies.

Greyhounds can get up to 50mph within 3 strides.

Thats a kangaroo.

Long distance we can outrun HORSES, doges ain't shit.

Sausage dogs; easily outpaced by walking
Greyhounds; second fasted land animal IN THE WORLD

this

dog speeds vary depending on limb length mostly, you could outrun a terrier pretty easily, but the fastest person in the world can't outrun a greyhound. usain bolt's fastest was 27.8 mph but a greyhound can run 43mph (not even the fastest recorded)

A greyhound can run 70kmh, but of course it depends on doggo.

>dogs r shit tho

Bro, wtf? Does your dog even lift? Get him on a protein diet and sled the boy. You're basically abusing your dog. He should look like pic related. Bullies are strength dogs, not speed, you fucking retarded animal abuser. Imma call you Mr. Turpin.

Can't outrun those feels user.

Greyhounds hit 45 mph on the regular, Dobermans can get to 30 mph, but Usain Bolt's top speed was 27.8 mph, held for moments not even average over 100m - and that's the fastest man alive.
Over long distances we can outrun horses tho.

yeah I once knew a dog that would let the humans win because he was really nice like that

Caught me off guard with that one user, thank you

That is a very powerful shart

I used to be able to outrun my lab pupper when he was 2-3 months old, it was fun looking back and watching him desperately trying to keep up with his short little legs. Now, not a chance.

> SECOND FASTEST ANIMAL IN THE WORLD

False. That’s the gazelle that the first fastest animal in the world hunts. Lol Srs

the big cat only hunt the elderly and sick.

never prime gazelle, because they cannot catch them.

probably has worms or smthing would send him to the vet

What a good boi

Average running speed of a medium-sized dog like a Golden Retriever or Lab, is about 20mph.

Record for a human is 28mph (Bolt) but that's only over a short sprint. Average for a human is about 10-15mph, and even then that's a fit male who is used to running.

ambush hunting is somehow a new idea to you?

cats that ambush young, old, sick animals.
even if they ambush a prime specimen, does not mean they are faster. which was the discussion.

rekt

go to 1:26
you wont be able to run as fast as a dogger but if youre fast enough you'll be able to run to safety without getting caught by a dog, obviously it depends on the distance between you and said dog
youtube.com/watch?v=Inkdym0CrYo

no
even a mutt can outrun most people easily, both short distance and long distance.

DELET

lol, thats a good photo and a hilarious one

No. It is, however, possible to get fit enough to fight one.

no.

Congrats on that lil brah's weightloss, when will you get him skin tightening surgery for the face

Pull a sled for 100 miles in a single day like a husky can. Until then I'll ignore that factoid of yours.

This really doesnt apply to most of humanity.

What if you have thicc bae with you?

Regardless of whether cheetahs could outrun prime gazelles, it's simply more economical for them to go after the old, sick, or stupid ones first, and to do so via ambush.

Cheetahs have higher top speeds, anyway.

Short distance a dog will take a human

Long distance, a human will take any dog

I can only take my dog on shorter (5-7k) runs

I thought I killed her when she collapsed behind me at the 12k point of a 23k run let alone a marathon which is double that again

>the virgin husky vs the chad malamute

my diggo is a whippet. It jogs faster than I sprint. It mocks me with its every step, looking back with beady little fucking eyes and its tongue hanging out.

She appears to be waiting for me to actually start running, but I'm at full speed. I love my dingo.

Lol. I have a fat 7 yr old mastiff I can outwalk too. Shea always been slow but She's getting old

Umm, no sweetie. I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt has hit 40 MPH before.

I outrun my dog. He's a bluetick hound and is unironically retarded

He would literally be in the guisness book of world records with that speed as his record but i dont see any humans even getting 30mph so you are lying

[citation needed]

If you're trying to run from anything that is in a medium to large dog size, excluding dogs like saint bernards and great Danes, you are very likely to be immediately caught even if you are an Olympic class sprinter. Usian bolt tops out at 27.3 mph in his world record 100m time. The top tier NFL running backs run 22 mph.

Hounds/Grey hounds top at ~40 mph, give or take 5 mph depending on the dog and breed. A german shepard, a rottweiler, a pitbull, will all catch you easily even if you were an Olympic sprinter.

Fuckin kek

Humans can get stamina back extremely quickly. Its the main reason we outcompeted so many animals. They couldn't escape us.

I was faster than my standard poodle at the beach yesterday, we were on a slope though he usually beats me on flat ground

That's only because we have the intelligence to be able to train our bodies for that specific task. Not saying that's not a game-changing thing, but I'm pretty sure if a horse could think like we do, it could train to outrun us for such a long distance it wouldn't even be a comparison.

Protip: the only reason this is possible is because cold environments.

Our ability to dissipate heat in any climate allows us to keep a relatively high pace without ever stopping.

It probably couldn't. The issue with a lot of animals and distance running is base physiology - they just do not have the ability to shed heat fast enough.

>intelligence

Our intelligence has only been detrimental to our physical abilities.

Our real secret is efficiency and passive heat dissipation.
The ability to travel huge differences without stopping is inherent to humans.

Sure, we could come up with a good training program for other animals and significantly improve their performance, but they still lack the physical traits that give us the edge in this situation.

>Our intelligence has only been detrimental to our physical abilities.

Probably
Not a Jazz though.

In the area we are discussing, of course.

But you can't deny that our western lifestyle is utter garbage when it comes to healthy movement.

>calling your dog a fatass
>you feed him everything he eats
HMMMMMM

Nice bloatmaxx

Good thinking user, use the roastie as bait while you haul ass.

I bet I could outrun a husky at 30C lmao coldboys btfo

sup faggots?

I've managed to rundown my Goldie before. I shoulda been a sprinter.

>Over long distances we can outrun horses tho.

No, no you can't outrun a horse. You can possibly out pace a horse, but that's a combination of running, walking and tracking.

The human body isn't particularly well adapted to persistence hunting either. It's mainly a thing because we can carry water with us, and know when to slow down and track vs for the prey to move. Persistence hunting is actually a pretty shit way of hunting unless that's your only option.

you're thinking km/h not MPH

those arent greyhounds those are sosigs

I can't outrun a dog, but I'd kick any dogs ass in a streetfight

Humans are literally the best long distance runners in the animal kingdom.

Just bodyslam it

nah, walking on 2 feet is a massive advantage for energy efficiency
Logically it makes sense, we use half as much energy for the same distance, but we can't run as fast

A lil’ brapper would be easy. A fur missile like no chance

Thicc bae?

What feels are you having, I can't even imagin

Good point.

In 98 degree FL humid weather,sure.

i love doggos

I need more details for a friend

i have a small poodle-bichon mix and she's the cutest thing in the world
I have a neighbour with a very nice german shepard who always likes me petting him
Dogs embody every good thing in the world.

this. human lost all their body hair and developed the ability to sweat alot more than most mammals so that we could chase your prey to death through exhaustion and overheating. we might not be overly fast but we are built for endurance.

that pic completely proves user's point. The guy looks good but his body is completely unoptimized for running. Or, for that matter, pure strength. It's a classic case of our intelligence-based preference for aesthetics overpowering the need for functionality.

hahaha. humans can run farther than that in a day

Hello dogbert

>lost all their body hair
what? have you ever met a white person? i have either hair or a layer of fluff covering every inch of my body. Some humans adapted to icy climates

>mfw last rep

what kind of dickhead thinks its okay to bring their dog into the class room

First off it’s most likely a service dog.
Second off even if it isn’t why would that make him a dick head? 0 to 100 that quick?

>First off it’s most likely a service dog.
So? they should have alternate arrangements to learn then. most unis record lectures and stream them online.
>Second off even if it isn’t why would that make him a dick head? 0 to 100 that quick?
The lecture hall is for learning. Not bringing your favorite pet to get fur everywhere. Its also unhygienic

Service dogs are allowed everyone you uneducated moron. They’re considered medical equipment.
>unhygienic
Have you seen how many fat stinky niggers like you are in colleges these days? I guarantee that dog is cleaner than you.

Fucking kek

>Pull a sled for 100 miles in a single day like a husky can
There's like 10 of them pulling at once and sleds are designed to maintain momentum. And they don't run 100 miles a day. A 100 mile race takes at least 3 days to complete.

mobile.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/health/27well.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
FUCK
google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/06/long_distance_running_and_evolution_why_humans_can_outrun_horses_but_can_t_jump_higher_than_cats_.html
OFF
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/20/450068114/heres-how-you-can-outrun-a-horse
YOU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_versus_Horse_Marathon
RETARDED
quora.com/Can-a-human-outrun-all-other-animals-Can-humans-beat-the-time-of-any-other-animal-for-say-a-50-mile-or-100-mile-distance
FAGGOT
knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/13/men-can-beat-horses-in-marathons/

>I can therefore I will
There are better options for everyone involved. The cripple would have a better time watching the lecture stream. The rest of the class would also have a better time. Its better for everyone involved only the crippletard wants to be a special independent snowflake who can prove she can do the things that regular people can too.
>Have you seen how many fat stinky niggers like you are in colleges these days? I guarantee that dog is cleaner than you.
What you're saying isn't true if you go to a decent school (or any for that matter). The students you see as "fat stinky niggers" watch the stream online like 70% of the cohort, or just stop attending entirely after the 2nd week.

You're clearly talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about other than memes you saw on 9gag

My dog is a terrier and is used to running around and shit/ is pretty strong I guess for a fucking dog, and back when I used to run cross country I could run faster than her and for longer

so yeah probably

The real question is can you outrun a pitbull?

Just put anti freeze in it’s doggy bowl before the race

Haul a barge on the Volga like a human can. Until then I'll ignore that factoid of yours.

relatively. humans are relatively hairless compared to many mammals.

I can run at roughly 80 mps and can outrun anything