The "Helper" Brah Problem

>"Hey bro, did you know you're doing that exercise completely wrong?"

but no one does this in 2018
everyone minds their own business perfectly in this perfect world

>proceeds to demonstrate abhorrent form, or a completely different exercise

how do you deal with this?

90% of not literally 100% dont know what they are actually doing
I often just stare at them wondering how they just go to the gym with no idea what they are doing, yet them somehow still get a shitty workout put together

>start deadlifting next to a teenager
>he loads up 1.5 plate and starts jumping with it
>its clanging all over the place
>shrug and decide to try sumo for the first time
>the guy stops mid-set and tells me ill get more power if i put my feet closer
>"tth-thx"
>keep doing sumo

the problem with these types of cunts is that they only do it to try and seem smart not to be helpful. most of them also don't even do the form right themselves

One nyr guy (but much better looking than my fat ass) told my my DL form is shit without me asking.
Asked a guy I see Al the time who actually does them to form check me. Says I'm good.
What did they mean by this?

no i did not. thank you gym fairy. while i have your attention i have been eating a lot of oranges and when i fart it smells like grapefruit. are grapefruits just oranges + shit because im beginning to think so

There are some guys in my gym that I would take advice from without thinking "what an idiot".
If the advice would come from some other people I'd just say "yeah,thanks" and don't use it

Some fat Asian told my 12 year old brother to do seated cable rows with his knees locked out last weekend.

qa
I just say "ok thanks" and keep doing what I was doing

Unless you're an actual gym trainer or lifting such a weight it's obvious your superior to other lifters you should never give advice.
That shit is autistic.

Only time I've ever taken advice was from a guy benching 3pl8+50 and I asked him.

>Going to normalfag gyms

>was doing 1.5pl8 paused close grip bench press
>some guy told me to put a towel on my chest, saying that pressing that much weight could crush my organs if i keep doing pause reps
Taking the pussy pad to a whole new level

I loathe these people. I am a professional strength coach and 99% of their advice is retarded, but if you disagree with them they're going to get uppity.

>Bro! You barbell row from the floor? Just stand up and row like we all do, that pendlay stuff is weird bro!

Etc.

I've started asking them if they want me to go out in the parking lot and give their car a tune up.

>What do you mean, no thanks? Dude don't you want a safe car?

the "jumping" is called a clean pull you retard

This only happened once. I just stopped what I was doing and stared at him. He got creeped out and left.

>tfw doing 2.5pl8 squats. Lanklet asks how many sets I have left. Tell him 2 but offer to let gim work and tell him I take long breaks. Mf waits for me to be done then tells me:” you gotta take shorter rests bro. If the muscle gets cold you’ll make no gains”
>mfw he proceeds to quarter squat 1pl8

No, you don't understand. You have the cold muscles, but you don't have the warm muscles, you got a problem building muscles. You got the warm muscles, it is easier to build the muscles, so you don't have much as a problem.

>fat but strong faggot that smells and looks homeless tells me I'm never going to grow if I keep taking rests longer than 3 mins

I dont know about you guys but the people at my gym are actually friendly and helpful

>see people actually doing exercises wrong
>those super hypertrophy faggots curlbro's
>some of them even dont maintain a proper form and use their upper body to give them a speed boost
>"but brah, you need to exhaust yourself completely and go way beyond the last breaking rep that you can do properly becuz we wuz liek old and sheeit"

one of these faggots even approached me and said that I rested too long (2 minutes). I just wait for my heart rate to become normal again so I can do exactly the right amount of reps in proper form. God how do these faggots even have the audacity to talk to me.

Get bigger

No one gives advice to people bigger than them

underrated

>2018
>not being huge enough that people as YOU for advice

>sitting on bench, doing concentration curls
>50 year old Armenian walks over to me and taps me on the shoulder
>"hey are you using this bench"
>am literally sitting on the bench using it
>dumbfounded by the question
>ask him for clarification "am I using this bench?"
>he nods his head
>with eyebrows raised and at this point not sure if he is fucking with me or retarded say "yes"
>says nothing and walks 10 ft down to an identical bench that is not in use

All the time people ask me if I can work in on some deadlifts, not a problem to me.
>Hey Bro, can I work in.
Sure I reply.
Do my set of 5 he responds,
>Hey man you need to get lower almost like a squat, then you can move more weight.
Agree with him and do them the way I always have done them. These people are absolute retards.

Why are you such a pussy?

>iron warrior
lmao

>come seperate weight room today
>ask faggot how many sets he has left on the decline crunch
>says 2x15
>he is a weakling, so i set up courage to ask if i can work in
>he's is confused, but let's me join
>see his decline crunch
>he clamps his thighs, where the calves are supposed to be
>see him overextent his back like a fucking maniac
>it hurts just looking at him
>tell him how to do it properly

am i the problem, Veeky Forums ?
he was also kinda cute tho...

Fuck you

???

No, fuck you leather man. Let's settle this right here in the ring. Get out of that uhhh jabroni outfit

>Bro you have to control the weight
>if you aren't taking at least 8 seconds to do each rep you're not getting maximum workout
>also when you're squatting you want your feet turned outwards for stabilization
>Oh yeah don't forget to not work out biceps thats only for curl bros, work out everything else though

>workout at casual hotel gym
>one of 3 people that deadlift
>only one of those three that deadlifts heavy
>do my 5x5 with perfect form working up to RM
>do 3x3 with perfect form working up to RM
>do 1RM for one rep one or two times
>as expected I am not so strict with the form for the 1RM
>couple of curl bros walk up after I just deadlifted well over twice my body weight
>"your back curved a little bit on that last rep bro"
>ask them both to try and get the bar off the ground together
>they fail
>stare at them silently till they walk away

Needless to say they never bothered me again.

If your form is off because of the weight then it’s not a rep, meaning your 1RM is lower.

>been lifting for a year
>doing curls at the gym
>bicep genetic make it so that my bicep is more inwards
>30 something balding guy comes up to me and says my bicep grows more inwards because I'm using a barebell. Gives me 5 min brosience explenation about it.
>ask him if he's gay
>he stops and stares at me
>think I'm going to get my ass beat
>leaves throwing his arm in the air like "fuck this".

I don't know why I thought he was gay. I mean, he was checking my biceps out.

>lmao3pl8+50

Literally nobody at my gym could even remotely do this, goddam I need a better spot.

maybe that was his favorite bench or something

>I have never actually attempted a 1RM

My form isn't off, It's just not perfect. My back bends very slightly about half way through the hip thrust part of the deadlift, I've asked multiple people at meets to form check me, and the judges have always counted the rep as a success. In any powerlifting meet you see that literally no one maintains absolute perfect form for their 1RM.

underrated post

>yeah i've been meaning to get it looked, thanks!

>at the gym checking my time on my phone for next set
>why are all you kids on your phone
fucking old dead faggot.

>I have a deadlift under 150kg

That's what your post says.

>being so small that others arent afraid to approach you

>Dude you could bench more if you didn't go all the way down

I see people doing all kind of mistakes but I shut the fuck up unless they're seriously next to injure themselves

>t. 150kg deadlift

no it was on his shoulders, they were 1/4 squats then jumping 1 inch

>you're going way too low on that squat

Seriously m8?
I just passed 2pl8 last year and have been slowly working towards 3pl8. It hurts my arms it's so heavy.
He flat out told me to use straps and if it hurts after that realize i've maxed out.
Not everyone is meant to lift that heavy and at sub 200lbs i'm close to maxing.

Yeah bro, you should have just slammed the weights on the ground and tell him to "fight me 1v1 no shirts on faggot" so you can tell everyone on a Tibetan yak-fisting forum how you beat the living shit out of a 50 year old Armenian guy.

You should never attempt a 1RM on the major compounds unless you're devoting the WHOLE training session to that exercise, approaching the hypothetical weight SLOWLY, with LONG (eventually, 5+ minutes long) pauses between attempts
I see to many fucking faggots attempting their ridiculous 1RM immediately after a quick "warm up", invariably with horrible form
Moreover, it has little purpose to assess your "real" 1RM unless you're competing, all you need is an hypothetical 1RM to adjust your calculations for your lifts

correct

>2pl8
>close to maxing
are you a female by chance?

Should have told the nyr'er to fuck off

I just listen to them, if the criticism is valid, then I correct what I was doing. Otherwise I just say thanks and continue doing what I was doing

I went to a gym once in my life and had no idea what I was doing. I actually found it quite helpful that more experienced guys took their time to tell me how to exercise correctly.

>1% barely noticeable

Lmao, nice

I did it once because he looked like he was maybe 15 and was benching with his elbows flared at 90 and it was stopping him from going low (his elbows only bent to 90 degrees) so i suggested bringing his elbows down more

Jesus Christ, we've found one of them.

>never ever give advice unless someone is doing something that will land them in a hospital real quick
>if advice is requested, give it to the best of your ability
Do that, and you'll be fine.

>not the goal is important, focus on the way to the goal.
Gym wisdom is retarded

this
everytime
probably going to snap his shit up in any minute, but knows better than the one who's studied tons of videos, had coaches and read literature

Fuck man ive basically never had these guys approach me but one time one did and it was awful.

>Classic back and bicep day, around 9:00 pm so fairly empty
>doing seated rows, on last set.
>Pic related approaches me but much worse
>greasy as fuck, dyel, tons of tattoos, and smelled like darts
>Tells me im doing shit all wrong, says he's been lifting for 30 years and knows what to do. Even though he looks like he had been for about 1 year and only does shoulders and chest.
>literally tells me after the arm extension im supposed to actually lean all the way forward and put weight back to resting and then lean back and pull again, Without moving ass.
>smile and give him the "Oh huh I didn't know, I'll remember for next time." and walk away to do the rest of the workout.
>see him staring at me till I left the gym. Never saw him again though.

Kek the other day an arab told my brother to use his whole lower back to do cable rows. He was doing them with correct form like I told him.

Me and this other kid gave each other a look one that we should probably stop this kid you who was deadliftting with his back all bent.
Only time really it seemed necessary.

>how italians work out

You just ignore it and keep doing your thing.

If you get bigger than average though (don't even have to be lean) and put up good numbers, noone will ever question you.

guy legitimately corrected my form and then said my back should be vertical while i was low bar squatting so kind of a mixed feeling

Kys

>not smart enough to know if criticism is valid
>not trusting enough to follow their advice

Was it Maddox?

the one thing i like about planet fitness is that there aren't any "helper brahs"

> you're going to hurt your knees doing squats that low, user
> you should put a plate under your heels, user

> I am, user, but let's get b-b-back to your b-b-biceps. I'm just trying to help you grow those lean arms of yours.

underrated