Running

Running...

How much is too much?

Good for the heart, bad for the gains?

>how much running do you do?

I did XC during high school and have kept at it so I usually run 3-8 miles on my rest day. If the weather sucks then usually 45-60 minutes of kettlebell stuff. I'm much older than when I ran competitively so doing it daily would kill my knees but once a week is fine.

>bad for the gains?
Running is only bad for gains if you do it before lifting, due to being tired out and causing you to lift less.
No, running doesn't destroy/eat/whatever muscle tissue.

Is 30min every other day too much?

Total 3 days a week about 8-9 miles a week

you're running too much if you start getting shinsplints or it starts being painful (you will get some pain from time to time if you run enough but you would know if it's either you being a pussy or if the pain is actually you fucking yourself up)

running kills gains is a meme just eat a bit more to make up for it and having good cardio is super useful

are you running outdoors, indoors or on a treadmill?

For cardio general rule is half hour to an hour on non lifting days or you could do HIIT/sprints and cut the time investment in half while nearly doubling the metabolic gains.

Outdoors

Around a park mostly some pretty good elevation changes but nothing too hard...just 30 min of jogging and running

Thats fine, just make sure you're using proper form. Heel strikes can fuck your hips and knees up over time so take it easy until you're comfortable.

I do mon/weds/fri for lifting and tues/thurs for cardio. I bike 20 miles in 60 mins and then run 2 miles in 20 mins. It burns about 1200 calories and keeps me low BF% and vascular through my bulks.

I usually run a 5k on a treadmill every single day, including my three weekly lifting days. Sometimes I do a five mile run at a slightly slower pace.

I worry about it being too much sometimes but I ice my knees after every run and take days off if I think I'm injured or I haven't slept properly.

I used to be quite a good natural runner when I was in my teens. Recently (25) I started from pretty much sendentary to 3 mile runs 3 times a week; after two weeks my leg muscles felt extremely fatigued and they've never quite been the same since. This was roughly 5 months ago.

The Calorimeter on your exercise bike is busted, or you weigh 400lbs.

So 3 days a week 30min is fine...thanks! Never was a big runner and fatigue was sinking in today...it's only week 3 of my new running rotation

>Just wanted to make sure I wasn't over doing it

Contrary to popular belief, running is actually BAD for the heart. You see, the heart only beats so many times, and this varies from person to person. By increasing your heart rate through useless activities like running, you're shortening your life considerably. Stick to slow paced lifting and eat healthy and you will never have heart disease, nor will you have to worry about falling for the oldest meme in human history which can lead to an early grave.

I'm quite skinny and am trying to gain weight, should I avoid running?

probably, there's not much a reason to do it as a novice lifter, as I assume you are.

Some cardio is necessary for health but as far as i'm concerned if you've got something to run from in life and you can't escape it after a mile or two, you need a new strategy. However, it takes about five minutes for your body to even reach a physiological steady-state so that your cardio workout is in fact, a cardio workout. I run five to ten minutes before every leg day to keep myself in some basic cardio shape. That's it.

You don't die because you run out of heartbeats

You run out of heartbeats because you die

I really don't think you can run too much, considering it pushes your limits and builds incredible endurance. Bad for gains? No. I find it amusing when i see this bulked up chaps walking on toothpicks.
>I run 8 miles a day

Good one.

Or I'm actually a cyclist and don't use it on a bitch resistance setting.

Does it take your weight and height and stuff into account when it calculates the calories burned?
I usually subtract 20% from however many calories my treadmill says I've burned because I don't trust it, and even then I take it with a grain of salt.

Running at best does not make you worse at lifting
if you want to compete or get as strong as possible stop running
also baf for your cns if you try to lift heavy and depletes your glucose
pic related

How long have you been running? As long as you start slowly and gradualy increase distance it should be fine. Take care in the begining and get plenty of rest so you dont end up with injuries. Currently running 20-30 km per week but it has taken me quite some time to reach this distance.

Started at 2km per run 3 Times a week...

3 weeks later I'm at 3.5km a day 3 Times a week

My goal is 5k x 3

who is this fluid druid?

Better yet, just stay in bed motionless and milk as many years out of your heart as possible.

OR just put yourself in a coma and live till you're 200!

~60km a week.
15k 3 times a week, and 5k with noobies that are trying to start out.
Grate for the ticker, resting heart rate is 52. Horrible for gains. If i put on muscle i put on mass which stresses out my knees. So I'm a spooky skelington all year round.
I get payed to do it full time tho. So I'm okay with this.

>t. Twink
1hr 20 mins exercise can easily burn 1200 calories at a non dyel twink bodycomposition if you dont do cardio like a lil bitch

You seem to be forgetting that you'll also have a lower baseline heart rate whenever you aren't running. I'll remind you that the vast majority of time your heart spends beating is outside of exercise

Whats wrong with treadmill? assuming incline is set to 1.0?

3x5km a week is fine

3Miles is not much and once you get good at it it will take about 30-35 minuets

Plus you can impress all the chubby girls who walk 5k's for charity

any chance you can run on grass? helps me a ton.

>6 miles an hour
fucking joggers

Fucking sprinters