Chin-ups

How many chin ups can you do and what's your weight. Also what is a good goal?

I am 184lbs, just did 19. Thinking of adding weight once I can do 25.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LPQSm5megAo?t=92
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any past 12 is cardio

Usually do 5 sets of 50

5'11, 185lbs, 3x5@25lbs

What's better, pull ups or chin ups?

I'm 215lbs and do 3 sets of 8 but it's after my curls, dips, OHP and bench so I'm already pretty beat.

Good goal is a 2 and half plate pull up

>19 chinups

If you can do 19 chin ups with full range of motion, what the fuck are you doing?

This is why people get no gains with calisthenics. If you have enough strenght to do that many reps you should move onto a more advanced exercise like bicep curl chin-ups.

youtu.be/LPQSm5megAo?t=92

The 2 are very good, but chin ups works muscles that you generally work better in other exercises, because this chove pull ups

Used to do 3 sets of 10, Now I can only go 1x8 and 1x6 wtf

6'2 215lbs 97.5 kg

This, exists lots of chin ups variations that people can use to grow or help grow muscles...
But I like high rep range in pull ups and chin ups, they are very amazing to warm up

200lbs, able to do 18 BW. Current PR is +80lbs.

I disagree, I have had good gains incorporating a 20-30 rep set after other stuff. It helps with neural recruitment of muscles and smaller muscle groups. I do intend on adding other variants though.

How do you do pullups without swaying? Stronger ab muscles?

I use the assistance machine for pullups, but I only use 10lbs of assistance (the minimum possible amount), just for stability, because after the third or fourth pullup, my legs will start swinging wildly back and forth and it fucks up my exercise.

dip your feet on the ground to get stabilized again

But I'm a manlet and I need to jump to reach the bars

shit nigga, get a chair or a bench so you can dip your toes.
Or just do your pullups at another place where the bars are lower doown

>dip your feet on the ground to get stabilized again

Bullshit. It's all core strength and shoulder blade strenght and control. If you allow a small break in between reps it's almost like cheating the exercise.

8, 7 without struggling too much
190cm 81kg

Can you even read?

height: 5"11
weight: 230lb
Pullups: 5 +45lbs

6'4
200 lb
10 chins on a good day

fatty

I can do 4 with 45lbs between my legs, once I get 5 I move up weight. Starting to feel pretty fucking strong doing it honestly, I get a lot of complements at the gym for it

Don't listen to these faggots. The que is to pull yourself closer to the bar. Also yes, you can use your feet to stop swaying at the bottom of the movement. No, it won't fuck with your gains.

Had the same issue until my coach told me this shit.

I can do half of one. How to get that kind of upper body strength as a grill?

Can I get shredded doing 5x5 pull-ups everyday?

Your back will look amazing

Best ever max reps was 15 at about 80kg bodyweight. Best set I've done was 5 reps with 35kg added, bodyweight of 85kg.

>19 is a lot

Nigga we had to do 24 minimum in my unit back in my army days

Hello manlet

>tfw can only do 4
Other than going on a cut, how to I increase?

Most people aren't aware of the variations and like the high reps to show off

>tfw lanklet
>tfw have to bend knees back to prevent legs from hitting the ground on the way down
Fuck manlets who say they're stronger because they can do more desu

i can do 8 proper chin ups but cant even do 1 pull up, what the fuck is wrong with me?

3x6 +35lbs at 165lbs bw. I usually do them after heavy bench or ohp.

weak lats

3x6 with 24kg
been lifting 6 months

Considering pullups and chinups work different muscle groups....

205lbs, can do 22
or 5 with 2pl8

6'0 110kg, I can do 10 without added weight. About 5 with an added 15kg.

i meant 5 with 3pl8 (135lbs)
keep thinking in barbells

I do sets of 9 reps with weights, it is the perfect number of reps.

Brainlet

218, can do 6.

5'7
150lb

I can do 10, when I can do 3x12 I’ll add weight.

16 at 230lbs.

>from 5x5

Do a progressive overload of adding sets and reps, until you get to 10x12 with 90 second rest.

THEN your back will look good. Fuck off with that 5x5. That's a bloatmaxx rep range.

You do mean 1 pl8? Nobody says 3 plate because its 3x45 lbs. 1 plate is plate on each side of the bar, 2 plate is 2 on each side, and so on.

1 = 135
2 = 225
3 = 315
4 = 405
5 = 495

Do more pull-ups. There's a lot of different ways to progress, find one that works with your equipment/time/setup

i honestly think its about preference, i can do a few more chins than i can with pull ups, but i vary it from pronated to supinated to neutral grip cuz fuck it i get bored

lmfao ok mr dyel

~160lbs and i can do sets of 10

Do you increase your bench, deadlift, OHP when you reach 25 reps with a given weight?
idiot.

>implying that's what I said

Fucking retard, I'm saying that if you've already mastered such a basic exercise you should move on to something more challenging. That's how you develop muscle with calisthenics.

It's like not encreasing the weight in your lifts after you feel comfortable with it.

220lbs, could easily do 20 last time I tried. cut a little now so maybe around 25.

forgot to say that goal would be to get some harder calisthenics variations done and also 30-40 pullups over 200lb bodyweight, am 6'3 tall

am i supposed to completely extend my arms when doing a chin up? re-engaging from a deadhang position feels like my shoulders will pop out of their sockets.

5'10 king of manlets 170
just reached my goal of 30 the other day

160, 5 with 75 added but i still cant do a one armed chinup
thank you holy hell that video is creative