He trains legs

>he trains legs

well, i like it
in the long term it helps to bear heavy backpack while hiking

this is a beginner meme, come on

How do I train legs without squats? I love em but I know 20 years of doing them won’t be good. I’m going long term. Just machines and lunges then?

aesthetic af

Legs are the greatest muscle group in the human body and you're fucking slow or a gym rat if you don't train them

Cycling/swimming/rowing/running are the most alpha things you can do

why the fuck do you think 20 years of squats isn't good? just keep your rep range high (10-20 reps per set) so you're not dealing with stupid heavy weight. if your form is good, you're not going to get injured.

You should do squats until you get big. Then you can switch to other exercises to maintain.

>he trains because it's the only time he feels anything

barely

>Ride a bike for 7 years
Everyday was leg day

I unironically believe that you look like shit if you don't look like you train your legs.

delete

What's considered stupid heavy weight?

>he doesn't walk on his forefoot to train his legs every time he walks

>he trains legs because unracking a quarter ton of weight onto his back, lowering to the floor, then pushing that weight back up is the only time he finds inner peace

in the context of squats, heavy weight is anything you can't do 10 reps with and stupid heavy weight is anything you can't do 6 reps with. stupid heavy squats are how people get injured, because a small error in form ends up putting way too much force on muscles/ligaments/tendons/joints that can't handle it.

>just keep your rep range high (10-20 reps per set) so you're not dealing with stupid heavy weight.
>stupid heavy weight is anything you can't do 6 reps with stupid heavy squats are how people get injured,

The beginner routines recommended in the sticky are 5x5 though.

thats because beginners are so weak that their 5 rep max isnt that dangerous. still, its better to stay in the 10+ rep range if safety is a priority. 5x5 is a bit of a meme anyway.

>t.

Partially that's tradition, partially it's that fatigue is as much of a risk factor for injury as weight is so keeping the reps down (and submaximal, that's important) and sets up means more reps are done when you're fresh and less likely to fuck yourself.

wat do if my knees hurt?

do squats train calves? How do I get bigger calves?

Calve raises

Note that it only works if you have the good genes.

C O L O R A D O
O
L
O
R
A
D
O

meh good for a bulk physique but should cut down 2-4 more %

I think I am heavily fucked. I've been training my legs and I could see really good progress on thighs, but not calves...

Try doing a lot of volume.
I mean something like 5 sets of 40 weighted reps at least 4 times at week.

>he trains

thanks user

>5x5 is a bit of a meme anyway
Swear to Christ if you people don't stop giving shit advice

almost everyone i've met who squatted consistently for over a decade is some type of fucked up in their lower back or knees, i'm coming up on 7 years and i've accumulated some wear and tear but nothing major

those old powerlifters aren't memeing you that shit takes a toll