Boxing

Why aren't you boxing? Instead of being an autist -lifting heavy stuff up and down every day- completely prisoner to food, genetics and test: Learn to fight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbOiiQpQRhw
youtube.com/watch?v=HGZ4E-qUd1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No thank you I'm not interested in boxing, I prefer lifting heavy weights.

Boxfag gtfo.

Why tho? Why not condition yourself to achieve more. Instead of an extra inch on your body.

Just lol if you arent part of the mma master race. Enjoy no flexibility, speed, coordination or title wins

Boxing fucks up my little girl hands badly. Compounded with all the essays I have to type it's just not healthy.

Maybe he doesn't want to be brain dead by 50

boxed for my college team. amazing workout, best shape of my life, fun sport, and even got to punch some kids in USA Boxing sanctioned fights.

not boxing now becuase its EXTREMELY hard to find a gym that will treat you with the respect you deserve. most times a boxing gym will have a cash cow fighter, and use other dues paying members to subsidize their goings about while treating them like complete shit.

Too much time, focus, and money. 100+ a month, plus tournament fees, plus hotel and travel fees. Ffs, it was a good experience and enjoyed the agility, but I can't be obsessing over boxing when I am swamped with work in grad school. Recommend it though for most people.

I don't want brain damage thanks

> getting punched in the head is a great form of exercise with no downsides

>implying you need a gym
It's literally just genetics. Just like bodybuilding... You can escape the GENETICS.
Bernard Hopkins literally never trained a day in his life until his 20s and became one of the most successful champions in boxing history

I have my first amateur fight next Friday AMA

because there's nothing more torturous and retarded. boxers are more mentally ill than MMA fighters, at least in many instances you re defeated quickly with a few strikes or a hold to tap. in boxing you're just brutalized but it's almost never enough to put you out, and when you're learning they put you in with a manlet who fucks your shit up. want to defend yourself then get armed.

How nervous are you? I was nervous as fuck my first fight and almost spaghetti'd my way to losing, but I won by tko in the third round.

I do

>get muscle gains
>get fighting gains

I'm unstoppable and no beta cockblockers can get in the way.

I used to get cockblocked all the time, but now I hide my power

Who here /everydaysuperman/?

Boxing causes brain damage.

Getting beaten up causes brain damage too

Realistically I will have a knife or gun; if its obvious I'm getting BTFO I can run. If I ever need to fuck somebodys shit up that badly I will get my machete, follow them from behind and chop them in the neck, which I assure you will fuck your shit up because I lift weights

lol enjoy your punch drunk brains you aggressive little something to prove faggots.

>I will get my machete, follow them from behind and chop them in the neck

Hehe, nothin personal kid

>bringing a knife to a fight
>getting your arm twisted and knife taken from you
>tables turn on you
>flee

How about, keep the fight "even"?

Machetes are GOAT tier. Small enough to hide enough to string a holster to your belt and hide inside of your jeans. A solid chop from behind at a 45 degree angle was slice right through the traps (disabling an arm) and cut into the neck, causing massive damage. If I really hated the person I would proceed to chop the tendons of their legs. At this point I can run away

Boxing is goat.

>Teaches preserving through pain
>hard work
>taking a hit
>gives a lean athletic body
>confidence

>Bernard Hopkins
why are people still making shit up about hopkins, that guy had his first Amateur fight when he was 10y old. when he came out of prison he had almost 100 fights. so stop talking about how important genetics are when you dont know anything about boxing and fighting.

yeah you might get punched and have a headache for a week but if you take that week off you will be fine.

learning to take a punch to the face and keep fighting is a realy important part of being prepared for a street fight, you will get hit in the face.. you must know how that feels.
if you only practice bjj or something like that you are gonna be suprised when in a real fight.

most people go apeshit after the first hit to the face connects.. clawing and grabbing like monkeys so taking into consideration the risks of brain damage its actually wroth while to learn to take a punch.
also if you are sparring with grown up reasonable people just tell them you can go hard on bodyshots but be carefull on my head, people spar lightly most of the time anyway by default, although i did have one guy punch me in the head really hard imo it was fun i was into it and punched him back right after, no brain damage yet..

Who do I look out for? I'll root for you

>learning a skill that you'll literally never use unless you're an idiot who goes looking for trouble

I'd rather lift weights and be healthy and good looking, boxers 9 outta 10 have shitty looking physique cause of all the cardio and drills they do.

I already know how to throw a punch and wrestle, so unless I'm fighting a trained opponent I should be fine. Best self-defense is a gun anyway, learn to shoot

>paying to get concussions and brain injuries
no thanks
i like having a high IQ and good memory
id be more interested in learning judo or jui jitsu honestly, if a guy is looking to stand and strike i would just turn around and jog away...
can't escape easily if the fight goes on the ground, so...ya

>engaging a guy with a knife
>thinking you can karate your way out of it
lol
enjoy bleeding out

>you will only fight if you go out looking for trouble
haha wat

if you're out of high school and not an idiot, you should never be in a "street fight" unless you want to
ive lived all across the world, 1st world countries and 3rd world countries, ive seen friends get in fights cause they're fucken stupid and arguing with drunks though

Kinda wish i stuck with boxing when i was a kid, im in my mid 20s now to go back and fight guys who have been doing it all their life is intimidating.

heres a scenario for you: random dude decides he will let out some anger by jumping a random, and he sees you. how do you avoid it?

Because I'm injured. From training muay thai too hard.

Sucks man. Now I can only lift myself up and down. Pull-ups to save the day.

By not looking like the weakest motherfucker on the street. All you need to be is faster than the slowest gazelle ... if you get my drift.

you dont look like the weakest mother fucker on the street... its not very effective. your attacking beats the living shit out of you and you now have a heavy concussion and a black eye, game over

>shit that happens to manlets at night or dumb drunks
here's a scenario: random dude decides to sucker punch you from behind, he hits your temple hard and you blackout. how do you avoid it?

tall fit guys don't get "jumped" by an "angry dude" for no reason in broad daylight in public.

Where do you live that never having to fight seems like an option?

i agree, that is an unavoidable situation. but being attacked in a way where you can fight instead of being knocked instantly is a much likelier situation. since you agree that people do attack others at random, wouldnt it be better to know how to fight instead of wrongly assuming that you will always be able to get away safely while knowing nothing about fighting?

>take one boxing class
>get in bar brawl
>get stabbed in the liver

I'm 30 yrs old, too late for me. No trainer is gonna give me a lot of his time. I can keep getting stronger on my own tho.

>too late
excuse

you can get "good" at boxing in like a year. ok maybe two years. do you seriously think 32 is too old to practice a sport you like?

some people at my gym are like 50. they don't really do contact even though they train everyday but they WILL fuck your shit up at touch drills.

After you box for a few months its an even playing field. Just picked it back up after 2 years of being out of it and after some months of refreshing I fight on the same level as intermediate dudes at the gym. Fighting is fighting

>y not looking like the weakest motherfucker on the street.
attacker takes you from behind with a hay maker. you are KOed hit head on pavement and die.
where are your weights now

There a boxing gym that 20 minuets away from me and the cost is $60 a month.I have no idea on pricing but is that a good deal or do I need to keep looking around?

ive lived in canada, eastern europe and south east asia, ive lived around extreme poverty and in affluent gated communities, ive seen fights, how they start and end. they involve willing parties looking to prove something, guys arguing over traffic problems, guys arguing while drunk at bars, guys arguing over money not being paid back, etc...guys arguing over girls, girls arguing over guys.
Fights don't just happen out of nothing, its a step by step process like a dance, you need parties who want to fight. Usually the instigator wants you to make the first move, so they push you and swear at you, and want you to "stand your ground" and initiate.

These things are very easy to avoid if you're an adult with normal IQ.
And you don't need to train self-defense for the 1 in a million low-probability event where some guy decides to "fight you" for no reason, while you're walking to a grocery store...and chances are its smarter to just run away if that happens.

What's the point in boxing if you're not gonna go pro? I do plan on competing at powerlifting well into my 30s.

I sustained a major concussion during sparring by getting punched in the back of the head.

Now I can only do drills. Feels bad

While I agree that most situations can be seen a mile away and avoided, it has not been my experience that all of them can be. I have even hassled by gang banger types, and being able to fight has saved my ass. I was a wrestler, and have always been big-ish (6'2" +/-200lbs) and being bigger has worked to my disadvantage in trying to avoid fights. It seems like tablets and gang bangers wanted to prove something.
Still I could see not,wanting to invest the time if you think you can avoid a fight every time. Best of luck keeping that streak alive.

>get jumped by some random guy for no reason
if you can stand and box with some guy outside then running is always an option, unless he's got you trapped in a bathroom or telephone booth...but what are the chances of that?
training for low-probability events is retarded, its like training boxing and wrestling and bjj just for the off chance that your attacker is also a well trained trained rounded fighter...ya it can happen, but what its not worth the time investment given the probability.

if I can't run away, if i can't deescalate and talk my way out, then id wrestle and try to get a mount or choke, i don't want to risk the guy pulling out a knife or gun out or brass knuckles or some metal bar.... I don't want to risk the guy throwing crazy haymakers and knocking me out by luck, or maybe the guy is a muay thai fighter wanting to test his clinch out...fuck that

I have a knife. If I still get my ass whooped then I deserve the loss.

how are you gonna use your knife against 15 guys with metal pipes and gladiator nets? you gotta train for all possibilities.

i love how the autist here are arguing about fighting, don't know anything about it besides looking on youtube for street fighting videos and watching yuri boyka highlights. all of you are probaly idiots who are watching real fighting highlights (mma,boxing,muay thai etc) and thinking "yea, i would knock them out because blablabla" but guess fucking what, you wouldn't do shit!
most of you haven`t been in a fight once in your liffe, so shut the fuck up
Machetes, knifes, guns haha "i would do that" i would do this" haha you clueless fuckers..

>the JUST SHOOT SOMEONE argument
this cope again haha

>shooting is not viable self-defense, its a coping argument
>2018
youtube.com/watch?v=wbOiiQpQRhw
navy seal says guns are the best self-defense, learn to shoot, after that you can spend some time learning a bit of jui jitsu and maybe boxing.

makes sense since we live in the gun era, imagine you lived in the medieval era: learning how to use a sword or bow would be far superior self-defense than learning to box. no?

Honestly the only self-defense im remotely ''worried'' about would be a home invasion/burglary type scenario, in which case a gun would be by #1 choice, after that a machete or steel bat.

>medieval era carrying around a sword
lmao fuck off larping faggot
do you even carry? you know if you shoot someone you have to go through legal hell right? Regardless of whether or not you were just in shooting them. And if you shoot someone who's richer than you you're fucked regardless lol

MMA is putting boxing into the ground

>do you even carry?
not outside, again I'm only worried about home invasions, protecting my family and property, maybe my neighbors...

I feel safe going to malls and work and i dont get drunk in bars or dark alleys at night. So street fights are not an option.

>you know if you shoot someone you have to go through legal hell right?
If someone breaks into my house I'm gonna shoot them or at least use a gun to detain them and scare them off; its legal to shoot thieves here. I don't live in burger land.

>And if you shoot someone who's richer than you you're fucked regardless lol
why the fuck would rich people break into my house or try to fight me in the middle of the day?

bro just realize "street fighting" basically doesn't happen to normal people not looking for trouble...its such a low probability thing you should't be training for it. Train boxing because you like the sport and exercise.

>>medieval era carrying around a sword
why not? again weapons are good for protecting your home and property.
in feudal japan and medieval europe people would walk around with swords all the time.

>be 6'3, white, 220lbs and Veeky Forums
>live in asia, surrounded by 5'8, 145lb manlets
kek
pretty sure these midgets would never jump me, if they did it would most likely be a group of 3 or more, most likely with weapons, in which case running like a bitch would be my best option

Wow, his voice is much higher than I expected.
First time I ever watched/listened to him.
I flipped through his book (now 50% off on sale), but never heard him speak.

>t. non-voicelet

Should've tucked your elbow in then

>the only people who have ever been punched were looking for trouble on purpose
Just go for the cardio then, you have no idea what conditioning is if you haven't boxed before

Boxing is a lot more fun than MMA though
Unless you plan to compete boxing will take care of 99.9% of any street trouble you ever have

I wanted to box so badly when I was younger and even now in college. But now that I want to become a surgeon plus the fact I've already suffered multiple concussions from football there's just no way I can justify the risks.

>boxing will take care of 99.9% of any street trouble you ever have
Good luck when a bigger dude decides to take you to the ground like most fights

> being this naive about your odds against a knife-wielding attacker

since you're so confident about your ability to disarm and neutralize someone who has a knife, let me ask you this - do you think you could avoid being stabbed in a knife fight - that is, if you had a knife as well? If not, does that mean you actually choose to throw your knife away so you could do your heroic "arm twisting" move?

>going to ground on a concrete pavement so the other guy's friends can run up and kick you in the face

yeah doesn't happen

its the other guy choosing to take you to the ground , not you. and in that case a grappling art would be more useful so you could get up and not get pounded by his friend

>being prepared for a street fight
it's called a gun you savage.

yeah what are you gonna do. pull your gun out? shoot the guy? kill him? lose your job and go to jail for a long time?

>if you shoot your attacker he wins
lol, so beta
if someone poses a reasonable threat you can shoot them.
possibly going to court to defend yourself is far better than getting your head kicked in the pavement by some thug and his nigger friends

if a guy is just egging you on and not posing a real threat, its not even worth boxing him,, just walk or run away...you can kill guys in one punch and go to court over it, it happened recently

kinda nervous. I might just become a madman in the ring. who knows? will definitely be very nervous on Friday.

its a private event at the Cicero Stadium. im by far not the main card either.

All the beta teenagers in this thread crack me up.
>just don't be a man at all and you'll never have to fight anyone
Niggers don't care if you act like a little bitch, they'll fight you anyways. They'll swarm you if they know you're a bitch. Niggers love easy things.
Don't be an easy thing. All that muscle looks intimidating but niggers would rather get tazed than back down from a fight WITH A COP, they're not afraid of you.

Around blacks, never relax. I know it sounds like I'm being racist, but ask anyone who's ever spent time in a neighborhood with niggers around. They randomly start shit. You can go years without trouble, but it only takes one sucker punch while you try to talk yourself out of a chimpout to fuck your shit up.

And to the morons whining about brain damage: then don't fucking box professionally numbnuts. Do some training, do some spars when you get better, and you can still lift at the same time. Look at Mike Tyson in his prime. Not a body builder but certainly not unimpressive. He's 5'10.

>preparing to defend against gangs of niggers
don't live around blacks. seriously, if you see lots of niggers in your town, go somewhere else.

if you can't leave asap, train long distance running and sprinting.
you're never gonna fight gangs of niggers. and niggers don't solo fight, unless they have a knife/gun on you

1. It's not feasible to move for everyone, nor should everyone have to move. It's a rare enough occurrence that it doesn't justify changing your entire life.
2. While it's true that niggers will 100% always attack in packs, it's also true that they're notoriously bad fighters. They swing wildly and only go for sucker punches. Strike fast and in a controlled manner and you can take on 3 or 4 at a time as long as you have space to maneuver. Which is why
3. wrestling isn't that useful against niggers. Boxing is better because you stay upright and have good footwork.
4. You should also carry a defensive weapon. If you're a libtard or live in a liberal shithole like New York or Commiefornia, at least carry some pepper spray or a taser. I live in Pennsylvania and carry my FN 509 everywhere I go (even church now after that bullshit in Texas).

You're right that leaving is definitely 100% always a better option. The thing is though, like I said earlier, niggers sense weakness. And they love easy things. You trying to leave just has them thinking "this white boy is a bitch, lets get his ass." Why do you think they kill each other so much? They're literally too stupid to do anything but fight to the death over literally nothing.

what about kickboxing? Being able to kick at any height up to and including the head of your assailant(s) is very formidable. You can devastate someone at range with a single strike. Knee strikes, groin kicks, even head kicks. Plus, I've heard the blacks rarely kick so they're probably worse at defending kicks too.

It's not a rare occurence, I live near niggers and this month only i know of 11 attacks that happened unprovoked.
Niggers may be bad fighters but good luck fighting 10 retards swinging and throwing shit at you.
>carry a pepper spray or a taser
Are you merely pretending to be a retard or what? How are you supposed to pepper spray/taser an entire fucking group of rabid niggers let alone have the time to pull that shit out of your pocket while fending off 10 niggers wildly punching you?

what's the solution? glock 17 with 19 rounds on your hip and hope you don't miss much?

>see niggers coming
>doesn't have pepper spray ready
>calls me a retard
Again, I'd rather have my gun. If you live in a democrat shithole my advice is to start campaigning in your neighborhood to get your 2nd Amendment rights back.
Kickboxing or muay thai works, the problem lies with fancy kicks that work in the ring but might get you in a bad position in a fight. It only takes one moment of being off balance before you're swarmed.
Also if your situation is really that bad, then yeah you need to move. I live around blacks but my city is still 70% white.

boxing is gonna give you a false sense of security if you think you'll stand your ground and strike against 3 or 4 niggers
better train running and parkour.

for self defense 1v1 on the street learn judo, bjj or wrestling. striking with bare fists sucks, can break your hands, and if the guy is on drugs or drunk he wont go down until you beat him to a pulp or knock him out, but with grappling you can subdue untrained people really easy

but you'll most likely never have to fight unless you go out looking to prove yourself, so this theory fighting is irrelevant

this

You have to be ready for anything, god dammit i don't understand how people can be so complacent about personal safety, im fucking paranoid, and not just my safety, the safety of my family, my brother, sister e.t.c. I hope to have kids one day, not being able to defend or save the people i care about is the reason i lift and run and do push ups.

Also on brain damage, you're not going to get it unless you fight professionally, just train and spar faggots

The best solution is to constantly be mindful of your surrounding and evade groups that look suspicious. If you get in a fight it's most likely going to be an ambush that's why it pay to know if there is some retard following you from behind. Stick around "normal group" lines in front of a shop, to cross the street etc and pay attention, even if some retard attacks you they'll be limited in movement because there are other people there. Once you're in a situation like that the best thing you could do is take a few punch and knockout their leader(it's usually the one going first), if you're near somebody yell at the top of your lungs to attract attention, hide behind trees or some shit and once you have enough of a distance run. that's why it pays knowing a martial art. Also having brass knuckles on the ready in your pocket or a gun is prefferable.
I'm just saying you can't always rely on your gadgets, they might come from an alleyway or somewhere you can really see, so you need to be prepared to defend yourself without guns. Pepper sprays are a meme and taser, i've seen plenty of people use pepper sprays only to have it knocked off by another of the group and kicked his shit in. If they want to attack you they'll litterally circle around you in which case a gun might not do much only breaking through that circle with your fists is a solution. Remember you're fighting a group not 2-3 niggers at best.

I'm white

I have a 100lb heavy bag at home and I've been kicking it almost daily for about 4 years. Mostly stomp kicks. Judging from the momentum the kick imparts on this 100lb bag, it seems like kicking someone in the chest/stomach/groin like this would be devastating. Is this a realistic and practical option in a street fight, particularly where someone is closing on you and you'd like to end it quickly and decisively while they're still outside of punching/tackling range?

Muay thai is far superior, but finding a good gym is hard, plenty of mcdojos.

first of all kys, you should always be ready, your body is your last and sometimes only line of defense faggot, second there are no fancy kicks in muay thai because its literally kick boxing, apart form a low kick and a high kick there is nothing complicated in muay thai, elbos and knees are super weapons tho

>better train running and parkour.

yeah, train non martial arts that revolve around jumping and running like a monkey with a huge chance of injury instead of boxing and muay thai which revolve around fighting and cardio

>for self defense 1v1 on the street learn judo, bjj or wrestling.

>lemme just grab ya buddy wait just a second....no homo

most fights are over by the time you try to grab someone fists are the masters of street fights

>can break your hands, and if the guy is on drugs or drunk he wont go down until you beat him to a pulp or knock him out, but with grappling you can subdue untrained people really easy

but you'll most likely never have to fight unless you go out looking to prove yourself, so this theory fighting is irrelevant

How does it feel being 12? I forget

Straight kicks are used in Muay Thai to keep your opponent at a distance, they are viable but nothing ruins your day like a fucking low kick

>You have to be ready for anything, god dammit i don't understand how people can be so complacent about personal safety, im fucking paranoid
you sound weak desu
do you want a bodyguard when you go to a mall or cinema?
this^
just be white and tall and don't get involved with drugs and niggers.

>self defense
>only learns how to punch and shuffle his feet
Ok so what do you do against an opponent who knows wrestling?
? what do you do against a guy who knows muay thai and is smashing your legs? or has you in a clinch kneeing you in the liver?
what do you do against a judoka who just grabbed your coat?
fighting untrained opponents doesn't take much effort or time, just be strong and big, and go punch a punching bag a few times a week...
defending against people who street fight a lot or know a martial art, is totally different, you need mma

Why are you on a fitness board? Martial arts is just adult karate

T. Guy who fights a lot in bars

youtube.com/watch?v=HGZ4E-qUd1A

Yea except it does. You clearly haven't been out of your basement in a while.

what are your goto moves in bar fights? what are bad moves? any tips?

>actually training to fight
I'll just follow natural human instinct and sterilize him with a kick to his balls. I don't care about honor because if it ever comes to this I know that I'll have tried my hardest to prevent it.

>if you only practice bjj or something like that you are gonna be suprised when in a real fight.

Got hit hard in the face (for the first time) by a spazzing white belt. On one hand I'm glad I experienced it, on the other that guy needs to calm the fuck down.

bad b8

train harder to become the cash cow.
also, respect is earned, dont think you can walk into a gym and 'deserve respect'.

>"i'll just kick him in the balls"
>"i'll just poke his eyes"

That's what everyone thinks they'll do until they find out their aim and technique is fucking bad and they miss. Do you know how small a target the eyes and balls are? Untrained people struggle hitting heads, and their kicks are even worse.

>human instinct
You can outperform human instinct with 3 months of training. Your instinct is trash.

this thread is hilarious, writing out scenarios that will never happen in their lives lmao