How often do you go to the gym?

How often do you go to the gym?
I go 6 days a week (I have 2 chest days,2 back days and 2 leg days)
Recently a guy told me i should drop down to 3 days and do "push pull legs"
I've never heard of anyone on fit doing 3 days/week unless he did full body workout.
So is he just retarded?
I've been going to gym for 2 months now, I'm 1.78cm and 58.5kg

If you're a noob, that is less than one year of training, then 3 days is enough. Your body is not used to the stress and the extra volume wont get you any extra gains.

Most rookie programs are 3 times a week

>How often do you go to the gym?
5x, Full body.
>I go 6 days a week (I have 2 chest days,2 back days and 2 leg days)
You could chose to go less times
>Recently a guy told me i should drop down to 3 days and do "push pull legs"
PPL is overrated by Veeky Forums
>I've never heard of anyone on fit doing 3 days/week unless he did full body workout.
You could, in fact you could do 1x up to 7x a week.
>So is he just retarded?
Dunno, but not nice dude.

>1.78cm
Manlets, when will they learn?

You will adapt to a stimulus. You can kind of choose 2 of 3 of: volume, intensity and frequency. Simply because you are limited by your capacity to recover. Note that this is proportional to training experience. What is high volume or frequency for you may not be for an athlete.

So it really depends on your program. E.g. You can go 6 times a week and lift heavy compounds with a few accessories but probably not more than say 30-60 reps in a workout. Or 3 per week with more heavy sets and more accessories e.g. 100 - 150 reps per workout. Just pulling numbers out of the air because it's so circumstantial.

So you need to experiment with templates which seem sensible (like ones in the sticky). You can increase your recovery capacity by sleeping and eating (something I'm guessing you're bad at considering your height and weight).

>cucksplit

guess how i KNOW that you look like total shit and have absolutely NO idea what the hell you're doing? just GUESS.

i don't measure myself on a regular basis because i don't give a fuck about how tall I am, however the last time i measured myself(1.78cm) was like 4 months ago

Wow you sure proved that you're better than this newbie. I'm sure you have as little clue what you're on about. That aspect of programming has so little influence on the outcome training for not 'looking like total shit'.

not really, i have 2 friends that have been going to gym for 1year+ , and i just use their routine

6 times a week is fine.
More frequency and volume gives more results as long as you are able to recover between workouts.
If you are a beginner you might need to do less sets during your workouts to get that recovery.
I personally do 7 times a week but all my workouts are short and they vary in intensity depending if i feel weak from previous workouts or not.
I am making more gains now than before and i've tried most types of splits for a few months.
I also feel like its easier to get the workout done when it's a daily routine.

7 days a week
9 total sessions
5 cardio
4 weightlifting

i go six days
3 days i work out 2 body parts per day
other 3 days i run and train abs
im trying to lose weight tho

5 days a week, twice a day, bodybuilding style high volume, upper body Only, strictly NO LEGS ALLOWED.

so day A I'll do shoulders and chest morning, shoulders triceps afternoon

Day B it's shoulders and Biceps in the morning, shoulders and back in the afternoon.

ABABA rest on weekends.

Shoulders are making decent progress, not as 3D as I would like in an ideal world.

Natty training for 2.5 years.

I tried a 4 day split routine for two months and got sick of it. I've since gone back to SL5x5.. I honestly felt guilty and like I was cheating myself by not doing heavy squats 3x a week.

I do a 3 day a week ppl. I work around 11-12 hours a day m-f and 6-8 on saturdays, and its a physical job...
so its a little tougher to make it to the gym 5-6 days a week, instead I do friday, saturday, and sunday.
The ppl is good for maintaining what gains I do have but that only works for about 6 months before you start to really notice that you cant lift what you used to and you need to bump back into the 6 days a week routine again or eventually you start to really go backwards.

6x a week. Sprint every morning. Spar/roll 3-4 x a week. Fit in stretching here and there, should do more.

3x a week, but I'm cutting and do full body every day.

you mean 178cm dumbass

lmao i'm retarded, i usually talk in meters, but here i've seen more used the feet inches system which i don't understand and the metric one but people use centimeters so i just wrote down my height in meters then wrote centimeters instead,doesn't really matter if you understood me though
I don't workout shoulders that much,are you doing a lot of shoulders rn because you've been missing out on them or what?
good to know ,thx
I do 4 sets of 15 reps for each exercise except bench presses ,where i do 3 sets of 10 reps, I feel recovered the next day after , should i still decrease ?

>15 reps

Yea my shoulders are pretty shit cause I used to just do bench.

Now I just do a couple sets of lateral raises 8-12 reps at the beginning of my workout, similarly with front raises.

If you are natty you need to put in enough volume to get those fuckers to grow. Tryna get them capped like those roiders have them

I know this is not common around here,but this is what pretty much everyone told me to do,I was going to experiment soon different amount of sets and reps.
Why is this bad? (I've seen some graphs of muscle growth effectiveness based on amount of reps per set but i didn't really know if it's a meme or not) Any suggestions?