Hi i got a pain in the area marked of pic related that doesnt go away after a month now...

Hi i got a pain in the area marked of pic related that doesnt go away after a month now, the pain is not actually a real pain, is the feel that you have for example if you yesterday trained biceps, you got a bit of pain for the break of muscles, i have that but permanently now for a month, and i dont want to stop lifting, what should i do, stop for a few weeks ?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tennis-elbow-lateral-epicondylitis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBdL47glReiNALmFw1_ieRg6nMYaJ5OFlmidJ9nUNNM/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah man typically if I get an injury it’s really not worth making it worse take a break from it. Take it easy you’re not gonna lose a ton of gains bro. Go to a doctor if you think it’s really severe.

Thanks for reply, Its not severe, i can deal with it but is a bit VERY annoying since the pain start when i lift but i also notice it in the daily basis when i move the arm and i dont know why this happend i didnt have any bad movement or something, is not actually a pain is like a after day training feel, not a pain, sorry i dont know the word in english, is that pain that you feel that you are not recovered since you yesterday break your muscles training

Just take time off bro it’s better to lose some gains instead of losing the ability to continue to lift. Rest it for a week, if it’s still going on consider going to a doctor or something and getting some PT.

this is one of the most common injuries for newbie curlbros (the second most common being shoulder injuries from doing lateral raises with bad form). my guess is you're a relatively new lifter and you do a lot of curls and bicep work. the bad news is you are going to need some time (probably 2-4 weeks of downtime - no curls or anything involving intense bicep work) for your tendons/ligaments to catch up and fix the injury. the good news is that once you've had this issue and it goes away, it usually never comes back.

Ok ill consider take at least 2 week of because i know 1 wont be enough to recover that pain maybe

Im 30, when i was 16 i trained until 25 then stop, i hurted my shoulder and quit gym but i return and the pain went away, now i have beein lifting for a year now and this pain started 2 weeks ago aprox, i only do biceps 20 min a week, 9 series of 6-7 repetitions of standard biceps exercise, sorry my english

Then ill probably stop for a week, damm i hate stop now that im seeing lots of progress after months of shit, well ill do that stop for a bit but i can perfectly continue but the bit of pain is there, is not too much but is there, i guess i have to stop 2 week at least dammit

also thanks for replies

webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tennis-elbow-lateral-epicondylitis

Pussy

if you get this pain from chin-ups and curls, dont bend your wrists at the top of the rep, keep them straight

helped me

ok thanks will check that next time

I have something similar but I think mine came from squatting.

I also did something to my shoulder with what I assume was shit bench form. I took a week off and went to the gym yesterday and the ache came back a bit, it's not painful just feels like my shoulder is going to fall out constantly. Should I try take a longer time off or just lift light for a while?

How do i prevent the bar from rolling down by back from low bar squats? Am I putting the bar too low or do I need to tilt elbows back further?

I'm also planning to swap to an U/L split because I want to be in the gym more days and like the look of Lyle McDonald's bulking routine or AworkoutRoutines split. Where would you guys recommend substituting/adding deadlifts and face pulls into the routine since I think some rear delt work would be good also I really like deadlifting.

If you skip your sleep you will lose more calories or not?

Does it matter if my % don't match up with my PRs? For instance, I use a 1rm of 405 for % in my program, but I only have gotten to 335×2 for my actual PR.

Provided you can actually hit the reps your program ends up asking you to do, it's probably not an issue.

But unless that 335x2 felt like a warmup you're probably going to hit issues.

405 isn't your 1RM

Thanks. I can't hit the numbers when it goes to 100% (failed at 90%), but I have definitely gotten stronger in the weeks of this program. The squat is far from a warmup, especially I go ATG on all of then anyway

If you're going to consistently miss reps, there's an issue.

Which program are you doing and why did you put in a 405 max if you've never gone above 335x2?

Sheiko 29-37-32
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBdL47glReiNALmFw1_ieRg6nMYaJ5OFlmidJ9nUNNM/edit?usp=drivesdk

There has only been one time since it has asked to do 100% (this week's Wednesday), so I'm not too worried about it

>squat of 335x2
>doing sheiko
The program isn't for you, so don't expect it to work.

Why did you put 405 as your max when it clearly isn't?

You didn't answer the second half of the question. Why put in 405 as a max if you've never hit close to that?

I have gained strength using it, so I have accomplished some of my goals regardless if I haven't hit that PR

I put that PR in because I wanted to make it my goal and then set it

What on earth convinced you that sheiko is a good choice? Sheiko is for advanced lifters with years of powerlifting experience and vastly different stress/recovery/adaptation needs than you. Do texas with nuckols bench or something. Hell with a squat of fucking 335x2, do SS.

You've fundamentally misunderstood the role of the 1RM. Somewhere, Boris is laughing. Put your actual 1RM in.

You done fucked up. Bad.

Always put in a max that corresponds to what the program is asking for. It wants a goal max? Put in a reasonable goal. It wants a training max? put that in. It wants an actual 1RM? put that in.

Running sheiko with a 60lb inflated max? You'll be lucky to get out of this without injury or regression.

>regression
Not him but what do you mena by this?

This level of retardation is REALLY not conducive to gains, user.

Okay okay, I'll fix it. 9 weeks in and I have not had any injuries, but I'll change it. Thamks guys

Sheiko programming works by throwing a metric fuckton of volume at you. Each set wouldn't be too hard on its own but you're doing a lot of them on a regular basis with the end goal being to run you right up to the edge of overtraining and then pull back for big gains.

Go over that edge? You'll actually start losing strength.

Why are you doing sheiko?

To increase squat, bench, and deadlift. I would like to maybe go to a powerlifting meet later in the year. I've been doing this without belts, straps, anything to get the most out of the program

you can still train other muscles just don't train biceps for a month

Most people would consider step one of getting the most out of the program to be understanding the program.

If you're not trolling then lurk/plg/ and learn more about programming. Sorry to say but your knowledge is poor. There's a lot you're doing wrong. Use a belt.

Okay, I feel like a fucking idiot now

We all start somewhere and we all make mistakes my dude. When rippetoe started lifting his squat form was probably awful and he probably did curls, bench and then left or some shit. Just have to work on your knowledge. At least you picked a program (albeit the wrong one) and didn't try to make your own.

This is the right answer. This shit happens over a long time anyways, a break isn't a big deal but tendonitis can be.

Except for the injury you came to Veeky Forums to talk about.

What injury? I was able to safely bail from my squat

No shit huh? Does anyone know the science behind why the body does that?

I've had that pain for at least 6 months now. It's always sore whether I lift or not. Good luck with that.

Nice estats. You claim to lift that much but tracking % like anyone gives a shit.