What does Veeky Forums think of Jeff Nippard?

What does Veeky Forums think of Jeff Nippard?

I like him. Sets out his information in an easy way and sights actual studies and no broscience

I want to see his dick NO HOMO

>sights

good quality videos but i just fucking don't see the point, you are telling me if you do it otherwise you won't get big/strong? just fucking lift how you like holy shit

Roiding manlet.

CUTE

Pretty decent vids, probably one of the less annoying fitness youtubers.

cool guy, informative videos, hot gf, great physique, seems like a chill dude, and he's strong

I think its hilarious that he makes entire videos about why he would never do steroids.

He would be cool if he didn't lie and claim natty

he's fucking 5'4 and has been training for a decade, could easily be natty

See

nope, he claims natty and does it adamantly

oh well i guess he must be telling the truth nobody would ever lie about something like that

>tiny men can get JACKED like roiding bodybuilders
yes, this is true and I believe it because I'm an idiot.

I'd murder this faggot and steal his gf in a hot second.

I heard he has one of the biggest in the fitness community

ur doin it wrong!! i'm doin it right!! science explained!!! click this video!!!

I like his content and he is inspiring.

He's very dogmatic with his pseudo-scientific approach to fitness and seems to commit the fallacy of thinking that anything that hasn't been published in a peer-reviewed journal is necessarily bunk. The thing is, fitness is particularly inapt to the null hypothesis statistical testing framework used by most scientific journals because of the extreme variance among subjects and non-unimodal effects of most treatments which makes controls almost impossible, which is why the 'exercise science' field is considered less mature and less robust than most other sciences. It would be better for Nippard to just admit that we should use prior beliefs (yes, that includes broscience) as legitimate guidelines for fitness and update them only insofar as clear evidence arises, instead of drawing a hard science/nonsense demarcation like he tries to do in his videos.

Shame roids can't cure 5'4" LMFAO

how fucking shit must your genetics be to be shorter than most Asians?

manlet but he has good content

His child face makes his roiding as obvious as I've ever seen

This is bait

fake natty

roiding ages your face like crazy though you brainlet

yes but his body does not match his face at all.
It looks like his head was stitched onto a jacked body, making it obvious that he became very big very fast

You underestimate how much gains slow down later on. Most of your gains are in your first five years.

I want to destroy his girlfriend's anus 2bh.

that makes zero fucking sense bro did you expect his face to prematurely age because he put on muscle mass? Im not saying hes natty or not but I hate hearing that dumbass argument. This is what roids do to your face. only 33 here yet looks like a 50yo man

this. very little real usable information from his videos. yeah, he can point to studies, but the studies are not internally nor externally validated most of the time.

Go ahead and watch him for entertainment, but he's not teaching what most DYELs or fatties need to learn.

who is this semen demon

Dorian Yates

is he single?

>Retard who defends sugar citing paywalled “studies” with n=10 participants
>Manley
>”secretly” roiding
>dating an intersexed hapa who is also roiding

Basically the reigning king of fit

>coping this hard

>everything that hasnt been published is bunk
>we should go back to believing broscience
>Hard science/nonsease demarcation
>demarcation
>Not just saying line or drawing the line or dividing line

Overcompensation of a response typically brainlet
If youve seen any of his video he agrees and disagrees with peer reviewed and published findings. He adds his own personal experience from working with other people and through his research alone.

his body looks horrible for someone so big

> using concise vocabulary is overcompensating

In one of Nippard's latest videos he 'debunks' some myth about sugar by simply stating 'correlation is not causation'. No shit, but that does not prove that the alternative is correct. This is the kind of dismissive flimflammery he engages in, using empty sciency words and phrases and pretending that simple ANOVA analyses are able to definitively settle questions about exercise science.

And I didn't say we should 'go back' to believing broscience, I'm saying that broscience isn't necessarily false and can be a good guideline in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary. Contrast this with Nippard's "it hasn't really been proven so it's false" approach.

because small arms and torso

it's like he was compressed vertically in paint instead of diagonally

>god made an amateur paint mistake

200mg gear a week or he's under 150lbs if he's 5'4".

Very good and reputable videos, although kind of feels like he is compensating

This. The way he uses “studies” is pretty weak. It seems he is just trying to churn out content to get those YouTube shekels. That sugar one was especially bad. Also his girlfriend that did a PhD and decided to be a YouTuber.

im 5'4 :(

He’s boring as fuck and his girlfriend has a punchable face

lmao absolutely not

Yeah, in Height:Length ratio maybe

one of the finest fitness youtubers

always trust manlets because they're the ones who really need to know it well

I feel like many of those dudes wish they could say they're not natty, but pressures regarding professional competitions, advertisements and so on force them to be fake natty.

He made a video about steroids where he's basically admitting it and discussing steroids, but he can't outright say he uses it.

>the fallacy of prefering scientific papers to hearsay
fucking Veeky Forums lmao

Summed up pretty well.

Nope.

do you do 7 reps?

This is very true. Plus, sport science as a whole didnt understand that not finding data that is unplausible enough given the null hypothesis is not equivalent to finding evidence FOR the null hypothesis. And that conducting severly underpowered studies are very likely to not cross an arbitrary level of significance. Plus, p(d|H0) is not the same as p(H0|d). Y'all need to embrace Bayesian statistics.

The scientific level on which exercise science as a whole operates is a fucking joke.

I saw him in person in Vegas, I cringed at how short he actually is. Seems like a nice guy tho.

Any time I hear the phrase "studies have shown" I stop listening, so I don't care for his videos.

>I'm saying that broscience isn't necessarily false and can be a good guideline in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary.

I agree that there are limitations in the research, but this isn't a better way to approach training and not the world in general either.

desu i think he's done great for what he has. I agree. If he stayed at a lower weight, he would've at least had the proportions that weren't non ideal but its better than being skinny.

He looks huge unless he's next to someone tall

>good "science" arguments
>terrible in everything else

"SCIENCE OF NECK WORKOUT EXPLAINED" 20 minutes video
>proceeds to make a 16 minutes vlog with his girlfriend doing random stuff
>4 minutes talking about the first 2 results from ncbi about the topic

His video about sugar was nice though, literally debunked all cherrypicked arguments on /fast/ OP that talks about "why CicO is bullshit" and "why calories doesnt matter".

mike o'hearn says he is natty too

Junkie Gearhead

If how you're lifting is scientifically wrong, and Jeff presents this information to you, would you not at least consider the scientific proof to possibly change your workout style?

I don't understand why you wouldn't consider improving your lifting habits.

Bayesian inference is a bad way to go about calibrating your beliefs? I bet that you don't use a null hypothesis testing framework for virtually all of your beliefs, so why make an exception for exercise and nutrition?

>Truth didn't exist until the first scientific journal was published

>taking advice from a manlet
i seriously hope you guys don't do this

it can't have that much of an effect on your gains