I am leaving to the gym in an hour. It will be my first ever time going

I am leaving to the gym in an hour. It will be my first ever time going.

Any last minute advice? I did read the sticky. I am going to follow the recommended Stronglift 5x5 routine.

Do you have any previous experience lifting?

Source for that image? Girl looks cutie.

0. I was planning on not really doing weights today, just bars and just kinda figuring out what the fuck im doing. I watched youtube videos, on it already, so I downloaded a few images to remind me of the proper form.

don't forget to bring a towel!

do the weights they don't bite

Make sure your form is good. If you can't tell ask someone.

Spend the first week just warming up your body. First day just use treadmil, rowing machine, bicycle to get used to the gym, on first day also maybe do an excercise for each muscle group, like do a dumbbell bench press/rope pulldown/lateral raise/pushups, third day and for the rest of the week just work your whole body until you feel comfortable in the gym. Then after week 1 or even week 2, you should start dedicating to your program. Don't forget, always stretch before you exercise and always ask for help from the PT if there's one. If not, try to find a gym with a PT. If you can't, watch youtube channels like ScottHerman or Jeff Cavalier, Veeky Forums is just a fun little place but you should never take its word on lifting. Occasionally there's good info but you have to be on the lookout to find that, it's not common.
Anyhow, don't worry about it, if there's a PT, first thing you do is go and tell him this is your first time lifting to set things off for ya. Good luck buddeh.

Bring shower shoes, towel, soap, fresh clothes. Shower at gym, if you wait till you go home you’ll break out. Wear a hoodie and put in earbuds, if someone laughs at you just let it fuel your workout, you’ll be bigger than them some day and laugh at them.

I believe that’s Lana Rain. She’s a Camgirl/cosplayer. Decently cute.

why would he break out?

Alright, good. Work your way up and give yourself in between days for your muscles to recover afterwards. Careful about your wrists, they might go before your muscles do.

switch to greyskull
if you're fat, eat less
if you're skinny, eat moar
do cardio 2-3x a week

>girl

gl brah
give it your best and dont give up your workout early

>shower shoes
Faggot.
>Hoodie and put in earbuds
Autism. Wear whatever and do whatever gets you in the zone. It's your muscles doing the work not whatever you can buy outside the gym.
>If someone laughs at you just let it fuel your workout
Rarely would someone laugh unless everyone hates you for some reason. People at the gym are mostly nice. Groups of women are especially annoying but they're women, children basically.

Thanks man.

>Bring shower shoes
No.

>towel, soap,
Should be provided.

>fresh clothes
Absolutely this.

>Wear a hoodie
Get cooked alive.

>and put in earbuds
Maybe. I stopped doing that since they have a tendency to get caught on the bars and get jerked out of my ears.

>if someone laughs at you just let it fuel your workout, you’ll be bigger than them some day and laugh at them.
Most people at the gym are nice, those that aren't tend to be kicked out.

Pimples from the sweat
Shower shoes as in those dirt cheap flip flops. If you go barefoot in a gym of all places you are a disgusting piece of shit and deserve to get athletes foot
>towel and soap should be provided
Not all of us can go to high class gyms

He asked for advice, so I assume he’s probably self conscious about his body. Wearing a hoodie is how I stopped being self conscious because it wasn’t as obvious (still pretty noticeable) how skinny I was/ still kind of am. It’s really not that hot unless you’re 400lbs in which case just wear a t shirt.

I have been laughed at and gotten looks from people pretty often in my gym until I wore a hoodie, and the few who still did I blotted out with wireless earbuds. Not just my imagination, I hear them specifically making fun of me. (Look at that guy in the squat rack, etc)

Just my 2 cents

Dont feel discouraged if you start off with minimal weight. We all start from somewhere. Also sauce on pic

Soap and towels should be provided in the same way water is at a restaurant. It's a basic thing, unless someone is trying to steal the soap (extreme trash or kleptomania).

As for self conscious, I'm on the heavier end of where you notice. I'm still that way (235lbs at 6') and I wear shorts and a T in the winter (still fucking cook).

Anyhow, whoever is laughing you is a motherfreakin' dick. Maybe it's just cause I got to Life Fitness and I don't have to worry about those kind of folks. It's $200 a month I think (i.e. not cheap) but I try to go as often as I can.

>

Don't forget to tip the receptionist.

This

just in case you are dense, OP, these guys are messing with you
it's just the way we are around here bucko ;)

>$200
Jesus Christ are the plates made of GOLD?

Cardio after workout or on off days?

You are a fucking faggot

>read the sticky
>did some outside research
You're setting yourself up for success bud, good luck on the journey.

Nope, but the place is the size of a fucking warehouse, with everything filled to the brim. They also got a small store (overpriced though) and barbershop near the front.

Start with bench press. Just put two 45 pound weights on either side.
It will fall on you and you won't be able to push it back up, but that's the point. roll it off of yourself, rerack it, and do it over again until you are tired.

Thought you said you were leaving the gym for the first time ever. Reread and realized you're never going to make it

First time ever with no prior experience?

get a personal trainer, it will save you months of wasted effort in the long run. Honestly. See if your gym does anything like that.

getting real tired of people posting this shit

>Trips

It's actually a girl this time

you'll be sore as fuck next few days. that feeling goes away if you stick with it - for average workouts.

regular exercise makes you feel good
next time you get sick or hurt, try to remember how much you appreciate being healthy