QTDDTOT

I'll start - why do all routines have a day in between exercises for rest. How can I workout every day?

I would recommend you to read a sticky.
I will give you a short version of it. When you exercise your muscle are teared. Body has to regenerate it by acquire enough food and enough rest. Body likes to regen itself while sleep the most. If it is bigger damage the body needs more rest. You can workout everyday by using 'magic' from steroids and of course eating more. Also if you don't believe try do ABABABA and you will see how you will end up after one week and with what results.

If i pull an all-nighter I burn more calories than by sleeping?

Am I working every muscle (full body) doing these?

Squat
Deadlift
Barbell Row
Bench Press
Overhead Press

Are these really the only things you need to get a great body?

What's a good core exercise program? I'm aiming for an aesthetic core.

Dips/pull-ups
Curls
Treat them like an accesory exercises.

Thanks I have read it, just looked through all routines suggested on there and just noticed the breaks.

How do professional athletes train every day? Like swimmers for example

When do I start warming up for deadlifts? If I'm DLing 2pl8, do I do warm up with 1x3 or 1x5 1pl8, or just go straight to 2pl8? It's my final lift for the day btw.

Can't do pull-ups due to excess weight so dips will have to do and will get those curls in as well.

I go Monday, Wednesday and Friday, perfect for great body?

So what if you don't have DOMS the next day, if you feel like you could lift anyway?

I have been sick for 2 week. After that I had exams so I preferred to not lift. Overall = 4 weeks without going to the gym
How should I start?

Return to my 3300kcal all in all tomorrow? Do 2500, 2600, (...) everyday until 3300?

What routine should I do to minimize incoming aching muscles?

There are 4 months left until cutting...

Oh yeah am I going to get any neck gains out of these exercises?

They eat like 10k calories every day. They train 2-5 hours then rest and at evening. Also they are apply heavy shit to their bodies you could dream on.

Some muscles like legs don't give DOMS after some time but they are still damaged.

I read a study that said that the 3 better excersices to develop abs:
>abs wheel
>moving planks
>pull ups

Yes, pull ups. So do your abs the same day of pull up. Work abs 3 days a week, leaving 1 day of rest between them

Just google and try retarded pull-ups. You just hang in hands.

id recommend weighted sit ups or some other abdominal focused exercise, helps with overall strength + just a little ab work does a lot for aesthetics

20% 5 reps
40% 4 reps
60% 3 reps
80% 2 reps
100% 5 reps

That's excessive for only a 2pl8 DL.

I dunno I am doing this but I pull less DL than you.

Thank you.

How long have you been lifting? You can't really DL with an empty bar anyway. And if you put smaller plates it's just gonna be inconvenient. I guess I can just try 1x3 or 1x5 with 1pl8, or just go straight to 2pl8 if that doesn't work well.

I work out 6 times a week which includes all my muscles and I also try to do at least 100-150mins of cardio a week. So is around 120g of protein, 80-100g of carb and 30-60g of fat good per a day? I'm trying to gain while also cutting but I'm guessing that is counter productive? I'm 5'8 and 145lb by the way. I'm gaining and still losing weight, but I feel I'm not eating enough but it's so expensive to eat food. Are there supplements people recommend to get pre/post workout carbs/protein. Should I focus on gains first and cut later around March/April?

>moving planks

You should probably be eating 1g/lb of bw when cutting. As long as you're hitting your calorie goal, you're fine.

1g/lb for protein of protein? Should I double the scoops of my protein powder?

I have a minor neuritis on my ulnar nerve, it started a few months ago with OHP and bench. I rested it but it came back a month ago, I think I may have trained too hard that day. I haven't go to the gym since then but I ate like shit and I need to cut right now. What can I do?

bw? big noob over here

Nah, you just might need a bit more protein. If you're 145lb, that's 145g. Doubling the scoops is unnecessary.
Body weight.

Well my protein powder has 24g of protein so that's why I said if I should drink two scoops of my protein powder so I can reach my body weight. I was thinking I wasn't getting enough.

Asked in wrong thread.

Been working out on and off for about 3 years.
5'6 used to be 100 pounds when I first started, and now am about 137 pounds. Still 5'6 obviously.
Been bulking pretty hard lately, and wondering if I should finally start to cut? Or should I cut when I hit 140?
Web site I used says I am like 17% body fat.

Best that you get as much of it from food, if you can. Supplements are supposed to, obviously, supplement what you're already getting from food. If you can't get all the protein from food, using protein powder is something you should do.

>I feel I'm not eating enough but it's so expensive to eat food

i know this feel :'( poorlifting is frustrating

Anyone got the onion man results?Did the onions raise his test?

Deadlift starts with 1 plate

Do you still look like a skeleton? You could go up to 150 at your height. How long have you been bulking? 37 lbs in 3 years is terrible progress.

depends on strength and aesthetic goals. with the exception of the cleanest and most lengthy/dedicated degree of cut, chances are you'll lose some degree of strength. but you'll probably look better. decide based on whether you want to look good for bathing season or continue to get stronger. if youre new its easier to follow faster between bulk and cut cycles if you maintain protein

Some said the rule 3g of protein for 4lbs

13%test increase and decrease in estrogen

Not the guy, but 37lbs at 5'6 ain't bad.

fuck so my bitch is getting all passive aggressive to me because I'm not telling her that i miss her everyday, i know its some mid game and i couldn't bring myself to say it because it's just tacky. if i do then i would get into this loop, im familiar with this but females pull this kind of shit to guilt you somehow. what's the right response to this?

What? It depends on how long it took him to gain that much.

Dump the attention seeking bitch

3 years on and off.

The thing is high protein food is so expensive. I already eat a lot of fish and eggs. Chicken breasts are expensive but I eat one at least once a day. Just thinking it would be cheaper overall to double the scoops of my protein powder or I could mix milk with the one scoop I guess.

I used to be 5'8 and 90 pounds 2 years ago so I feel you. I was going to kill myself I was so depressed haha.

Okay, easy. But i still wanna hit a couple more times

He says he's been bulking pretty hard lately. In the past three months? Six? How much weight did he gain lately, as opposed to before when he wasn't taking it seriously?

id say ignore her/play it off to a degree, stay happy around her, give her a lil gift (without being apologetic) it makes them feel happy and appreciated

dont listen to this underage neckbeard

Try this for warmups, works for pretty much everything.
Weights of the sets: count backward from the first work set.
40lbs under
100lbs under
200lbs under
300lbs under
etc. discard anything below the weight of the bar
Reps of the sets: start with the lightest set. 5 reps, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, etc.
Example: 2pl8 diddle = 225. weights are 185, 125. so 5x125, 4x185.
Another example: 350lbs. weights are 310, 250, 150, 50. so 5x50, 4x150, 3x250, 2x310.

Use some of those aerobic steps to prop up the ends of the bar to the right height, or if you're using less than full pl8 and don't have training bumpers, just do your sets as stiff-leg deads when they're that light.

a pushup is a plank that moves

is squatting high bar while doing ss really that bad

it feels good and i want to get in oly

No idea.

No longer a skele. I started looking like a normal person when I hit 125 or so.
My first year maybe year and a half, I didn't really know what the fuck I was doing. I did like 30 minute days like twice a week, wasn't taking supplements and wasn't eating more, had complete shirt form as well.

I go on and off from bulking because poorfag. So I'll bulk for like 2 or 3 months with whey. Then still try to bulk but without whey.

I think I gained about 6 pounds within the last 2 months because I finally got some Whey again.

That's what I was afraid of. I want to look good, but I also want to be stronger. So I'm kinda in that weird spot.
I really want my shirts to stretch from my arms, so maybe I'll just bulk more and cut when I hit 140, or maybe even 145. A couple months before summer.

Working out is what made me happy/content with life. We all gonna make it.
How much you weigh now fell ex-skele brother?

do high-bar then, it's not like rip's gonna track you down to sit on your face if he finds out about it
if you wanna get into oly then consider doing front squats every other session, like the session you do deadlifts or cleans

>id say ignore her/play it off to a degree, stay happy around her, give her a lil gift (without being apologetic) it makes them feel happy and appreciated

now that sounds reasonable. bitches like endearing gestures, thanks bro

If she's shit testing you and you let her walk all over you, she'll just get more like this. Bitches, man.

I gained 6 or 7 pounds within the last month or two.
Go the gym three times a week. Thinking of starting to go 4 or 5 soon.

Need to work on my diet though. I eat like shit because I burn a lot of it off + I'm still trying to gain weight, but the grease stays with me in my sides. Which I don't like.

Maybe I should just continue to bulk, and fix my shitty diet so I can attempt the slow process of bulk and cut?

Will I enter snap city if I do a no-leg brosplit? Doc says my lower discs are wreaked and to avoid putting pressure on them.

My half cooked plan atm is:

Day 1 - Bench, Flies, OHP, Lat raises, Dips

Day 2 - Neutral grip pull ups, Seated row, Shrugs, Curls, Lat pulldowns

Thinking of doing 6 days a week with some back extensions thrown in to help my shit tier discs. I was previously doing SS for 3 months and am true DYELmode. I just want to be reverse T rex

Try again pal.

What the fuck is a 1/2/3/4 or 2/4/6 or whatever. What is a 1pl8 OHP and the rest. I don't get the terminology of this board even tho relatively not a newfag

Looking to trim down a bit and be more defined so I am going to do cardio.

For just cutting down a bit is it better to run short to medium distances many times a week or long distances fewer times a week?

just go right back maybe just a tad lighter than a month ago but you probably didn't loose that much gains

I weigh about 145lbs now. It's honestly such a powerful feeling.

honestly as a manlet id say stay on the leaner side. youre never gonna really compete strength-wise with the built 6' guys so might as well take advantage of the easy aesthetics. a bulked manlet looks like an unsexy ball of a human dont make that your goal. hit 140 then lose 5-7 lbs

Yes you retard

i think she is, so im not feeding into which i decided not to reply back all day today. she'll get out of that mood eventually, but bitches will play this shit at another point in time

I can't speak for you, but as an ex skelly and still kinda underweight guy, I'd never go back to that. That's why I'd rather bulk over my goal weight and just cut down to it. Also dirty bulking, but fuck bf%, I can cut it down later.

its not shit-testing if you stay Outcome Independent. fuck i hate using redpill lingo but needs to learn. its almost like some of you guys have never talked to a girl before

I usually start with 1x5 @ 135lbs and then do 1x5 @ whatever weight I'm lifting. Usually do another 1x5 @ 135 afterward but I'm about to start doing

High Interval Training burns calories more efficiently and onionmen say it raises test. but long distance over 30 minutes improves dopamine and brain function while being a decent fat burner. id say for short term high-interval is better

but remember that 1-2 times a week long distance is for patricians

not sure if this is Veeky Forums related but how often should I shampoo and condition my hair as a male? So far I'm looking at shampooing every 3 days and conditioning 3 times a week

so what's the right thing to do?

What the fuck does natty mean

I really is. I always enjoy seeing a mirror when shirtless, I'm not ripped or toned yet. But seeing I have some meat on my bones and don't have stick for forearms anymore makes me happy.

That's true, but then I'm always going to look small. Although I'm not really aiming for 18 inch arms or anything crazy like that. I don't intend on ever looking like a body builder because I don't like the look.

That's true too, but I've never actually cut. So I have no idea how hard it's going to be when I finally try. I just always get so excited when I see the scale go up higher.
I didn't check my weight for a month and saw it shoot up from 130 to 136. Made me very happy because I was 130 for most of last year.

I don't even know what my ideal weight is to be honest. I used to be so skinny, that 120 was what I dreamed of. Then I hit it, and wanted some more, then hit 130. Now creeping up on 140, and am wondering at what point I should actually start cutting since all I do is make goals to gain more weight and lift more weight for the most part.

This gets asked every QTDDTOT. 1pl8=1 45b/20kg plate on each side of a 45lb/20kg olympic bar. 1/2/3/4 is OverHeadPress of 135lb/60kg, 225lb/100kg Bench Press. 315lb/140kg Squat and 405/180kg Dead lift. It is a meme strength standard that people think will you should achieve.

Not training on steroids.

Why is it a meme strength standard?

I always assumed Natty meant 'Natural' but no idea either desu.

why do fat people lift 2x as much as me when ive been doing it for almost a year?

I think your semi correct as user just mentioned it means not taking steroids

Been lifting consistently for a little over a year now, was inconsistently for a while before that. I'm looking to get bigger and I think I've hit a plateau, so I want to switch up my workout regimen. Here's what I do now:

AxBxCxx

A - Chest/Tri
>Bench 1x5 @ 135 / 1x5 @ 175 / 1x5 @ 135
>Incline Bench 3x5 @ 135
>Decline Bench 3x5 @ 135
>DBBP 3x8 @ 45
>Tricep Ext 3x8 @ 65
>Tricep Pushdown 3x8 @ 65
>One Hand Tricep Ext 3x5 @ 30
>Cable Fly 3x5 @ 25

B - Back/Bi
>DL 1x5 @ 135 / 1x5 @ 255 / 1x5 @ 135
>Straight Leg DL 3x5 @ 85
>Lat Pulldown 3x8 @ 100
>Seated Row or BB Row 3x8 @ 100
>Crazy Eight 3 @ 50
>Incline Curls 3x5 @ 25
>Cable Curls 3x8 @ 20
>Concentration Curls 3x5 @ 20

C - Abs/Legs
>Weighted Inc Crunch 3x8 @ 45
>Kettle Leans 3x8 @ 45
>Leg Raises 3x15
>Planks 3x1min
>Leg Press 3x5 @ 225
>Calf Raise 3x90 @ 45

It's worth noting that I also run for 1.5-2 miles on each day and the only reason I don't lift heavier or do squats is because my kneecaps are sliding out of place so it hurts to do literally anything with legs. I'm going to have to switch to bike as well because of this. I also don't bench more because I don't have a spotter

like i said when you see her in person stay above it somewhat and brush off whatever she says while staying in a positive mood. you can even be a little arrogant if you pay attention to her and arent standoffish. Law of Attraction isnt some hollywood niggerscience actually get yourself in a well-defined mindset with goals and just talk to the girl.

via text id honestly come up with an easy excuse over not responding. never forget that women are willing to be pliable. maybe in a week or so from her last bitchy text send her a gift. if youre long distance. dont apologize

long distance is the wrong move btw

fatstrength is real they gotta carry that bulk around. look at powerlifters lmao

yeah its long distance bro

I've always only considered someone 'successful' when they can bench their own weight.

If a 180 dude is lifting 180, and a 600 pound dude is lifting 300.
The 180 is the real winner. Because the 600 pound dude is only lifting half their weight, even though it is an impressive amount.

I remember a fat girl in HS mentioned she benched 200 pounds, but she was clearly like 450 pounds or so.
I didn't understand until later why she was able to lift so much.

if its long distance you actually gotta be A Real Man, assuming youre in college.

ie be perfectly tall, handsome, built, socially able and dominant, have money or a good career path. if you dont have at least somet of these shell prolly become dissatisfied. hell thats probably the reason shes being bitchy in the first place

that fatgirl was stronger than you either way. feeling emasculated? ;)

My question is in regards to someone's lists like
>Bench 1x5 @ 135 / 1x5 @ 175 / 1x5 @ 135
>Incline Bench 3x5 @ 135
>Decline Bench 3x5 @ 135
>DBBP 3x8 @ 45
>Tricep Ext 3x8 @ 65
>Tricep Pushdown 3x8 @ 65
>One Hand Tricep Ext 3x5 @ 30
>Cable Fly 3x5 @ 25
Isn't this only like a 40 minute work out?
Am I going overkill but doing 2 hour work outs?

nope, military.

She was, but I can breathe through my nose.

Checkmate.

yes

You probably are. Depends on what you're doing.

That's a fairly silly routine (3x5 flies? really?) but it'd only be 40 minutes if the guy had short rests and no warmups. If he's putting in the work on each set it's gonna take a while (unless he has crazy conditioning, which I'd bet against since he's asking here).

Maybe if you ran a little less your knees would get better.

bump

How do you break a plateau?

This isn't really a question but a request.

Anyone have the short comic where the guy's depressed in his room and decides to get fit and the next panel is him, fit and socializing but still depressed?

Try doing a deload weak. It usually works for me. Lift like 70% of your max and just try to enjoy yourself at the gym for a couple days.

Normally takes me 45 minutes to an hour and I run for 15-20 minutes

They're tricep cable flies and the last thing I do so I do 5 reps because if I do any more I won't complete all 3 sets?

The reason I ask though about modifying my regimen is because I want to get in to something more difficult now that I've been at it for a year

Not really an option to stop running unfortunately

Why have the mods been removing bars open threads?