Is there a better way to progress squats linearly?

i'm so fucking mad right now. this keeps happening and idk why. i'm a girl so don't lol at my lifts too much, but i guess when it comes to squats you should anyway because they suck so hard.

i can deadlift 200lbs. hip thrust 275lbs.

squats? i got micro plates to do them more slowly, and basically failed at them today at 97.5lbs. was doing them, but in that stupid good morning waywith barbell absolutely NOT moving in a straight line.

wtf why.

last time i got super frustrated (this is like the 5th time), i dropped the weight down to just the bar and bought my micro plates. increased sets from 3x5 three times a week to 5x5 three times a week. slowly, slowly increased by 2.5lbs each time i lifted.

now at 97.5lbs, i can no longer maintain halfway decent form.

what is wrong with me? should i just give up and go fulltime cardio bunny? my legs aren't really getting bigger at all. sorry for the negativity.

my question: is there a better way to do this? my plan now is to drop back down to 90lbs for next time, and again keep with the 5x5 and 2.5lb increases. that would mean i'd be back to 97.5lbs a week from sunday, and maybe the deloading will have helped. is this a sound plan? i feel like i'm getting to where i'm going to need to deload like twice a month, and i'll MAYBE reach my goal of one plate (135lbs) 9 months from now.

SS + GOMAD
also post tits w timestamp

Do a weight you are comfortable with and do as much as you can (like 10 or 15 reps for 3 sets). This will let you get used to the weight.
Also eat protein if you want ass. Don't forget fats in your diet either.

1) you cannot expect serious feedback without a detailed breakdown of what your nutrition, sleep and routine looks like as well as a recent form video. Especially with outrageous stats like squat/deadlift ratio of under 0.5
2) please be in Rotterdam. I would like to have a cup of coffee with someone and then dance salsa and cook together and go to the gym together and watch the last jedi together and maybe do lewd things such as holding hands.

Okay bitch. Let's break this shit down. Your goal is strength, yes?
1. Form form form. Get your squat form down. Legs shoulder width apart, feet pointed forward and knees forward. Back tight and minimal front lean. Stay on heels. Go ass to grass.
2. Slow and steady. Do not bounce like a fucking retard. Control the weight the whole way down. Ass to grass. Contract and drive up in a controlled manner. This will ensure as much muscular activation as possible.
3. Hypertrophy for growth. Heavy days are good and necessary (especially for strength) but muscular hypertrophy occurs mostly within 6-10 rep ranges. Make sure you do at least 8 sets per muscle group. Advanced lifters need 20 sets per muscle group. This is because the muscles get too well adapted and stop breaking down fully if they aren't strained enough.

Look into squat nemesis

fuck off dumb cunt, novices should absolutely not be making their own programs

isn't 5x5 better than 3x5?

also milk is gross. i'd maybe do a gallon of soy milk a day but that sounds expensive.

i HATE doing high reps of squats. maybe there's something wrong with me (probably), but even doing sets of 5 i get like winded in the middle of them and have to like gasp for breath for a few seconds between reps after like 2. started out trying to do 3x8-12 and was like fuck this i'm going to black out or something.

i'd rather do something crazy like 10x5 than sets of 8+.

nutrition is kind of all over the place, and i average between 5-7 hours of sleep each night. could this be the issue?

i've never heard of rotterdam but that sounds nice. you'll find her in time.

>hip thrust

Fucking whores, man

Yeah well not everyone can get someone to make a program for them. Get your puny 2 plate squatting ass outta here.

>soy milk
okay, this is b8. Everyone leave.

if your dl is that much higher than squat then your form is probably shit on deadlifts (and perhaps squats as well, but thats besides the point) and you should evaluate your form with a vid.

also
>not squatting 185lb first week in the gym
women lmao

>isn't 5x5 better than 3x5?
No lol why would it be
Salt is good in a dish. Too much ruins it.
>nutrition is kind of all over the place, and i average between 5-7 hours of sleep each night. could this be the issue?
Pic related.
Also post a form video. I'm fucking serious, this isn't a "lol you said you're female so I want to see your ass", you legitimately won't (and shouldn't expect to) find meaningful feedback otherwise.
It's like complaining your car won't start - unless you show it to a mechanic, he won't be able to help.
>i've never heard of rotterdam but that sounds nice. you'll find her in time.
Do you at least have any female friends/cousins/something in or near the Netherlands?
Please.

>Do you at least have any female friends/cousins/something in or near the Netherlands?

pls be in LONDON

Honestly need to see form and proportions.

It's possibly you have stupid long femurs and are lacking in core strength which in my experience hurts squats.

Also, height and weight.

Hip thrusts are Bret Contreras meme.

My goal is bigger legs and butt, but part of that must be strength so yeah. I maintain decent form on the descent, but coming back up there’s often so much forward lean the bar hits the squat stand.

What are you talking about, 8 sets per muscle group? Or 20. Tonight all I did was hip thrusts, deads, squats, and bench. Guess that’s 8+ for glutes and hamstrings anyway.

Okay thanks.

I just don’t like the taste of milk. And I think the “soy is a horrible hormone disruptor and basically fucks everyone up” is hugely overblown. Doesn’t mean I’m trolling.

Yeah probably. I started doing RDLs in days I don’t do real dead

My phone keyboard bugged out wtf.

But yeah I’ve been doing RDLs to improve deadlift form. Feel like my lower back is doing too much of the work. Basically I think my legs are weak af except maybe hamstrings? I’m probably doing everything wrong.

I’m over in USA and have never been to Europe. Sorry :(

5’6” 135lbs

I like hip thrusts and I’m good at them.

>Yeah probably.
the reason I say this is that its imperative you dont fuck up your form by using too high weight. Im a guy and I fucked my back for a few days trying to deadlift 250lb for too many reps with a rounded back

LOL pls be bait

No way you can hip thrust 275 and pathetically dl 200.

Sounds like to me you have a shit diet, bad sleep and most importantly shit form

Not OP but Hip Thrusts are definitely not a meme. I weigh 140 and my dl is finally creeping up to 315 after being stuck at 260 for so long. Threw in bb hip thrust on my leg days and they are gold

I don’t think my back rounds too much, but I just don’t feel deads in my legs really. It’s like they pull on my lower back somehow.

Which can’t be good.

Why wouldn’t I be lifting those numbers?

I feel like my deads and hip thrusts are pretty typical for having lifted for this long (6ish months), it’s just that my squat is severely lacking for some reason.

Legs shoulder width apart with feet and knees pointing forward?

Do not ever give lifting advice to anybody ever again.

OP your feet absolutely should NOT be pointing forward. They should both be angled outward somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 degrees from forward. Your knees should not be pointing forward; they should be pointing in the same direction as your toes, and the knees should track in a straight line out over the feet as you lower yourself into the squat.

Do not "stay on your heels". Your weight should be evenly distributed throughout the foot, as you want the center of gravity (not necessarily the barbell, especially at low weight; the CoG of the barbell+body) to be over the middle of the foot throughout the movement. This is critical to maintain balance.

You do not have to go ass to grass. You must hold the spine in a neutral position throughout the movement, so as soon as you reach a squat depth where your ass begins to curl forward, STOP. This means that your lower back is going into flexion, which you do not want. The spine MUST REMAIN NEUTRAL in the squat.

Think about how your back feels during the deadlift; the entire torso should stay braced in a neutral position to protect the spine. The squat is exactly the same. Are you sure you are bracing your body for the squat in the same manner as deadlifts?

If sets of 5 are a problem, try doing five sets of 3 instead. This is quite common for female strength trainees.

You must be a girl next time state that ya cunt

Lower the weight and do 3x8-12 what ever you can manage at that range then next session aim to get the reps to 12 then increase weight. You legs overall must be slow twitch if you can get into strength. Also deads do shit all for legs (sorta). If you can glute raise 275 but cant squat 1pl8 then your form is fucked. Like I said lower weight and focus on form and hypertrophy

Please tell me you're female.

You'd be better off doing paused ATG squats, kettle bell swings, paused or double pause deadlifts, or some form of explosive pull than hip thrusts.

Contreras hip thrusts like 500 and struggles to squat low 400s.

It's a meme.

Male. I dont buy into the getting fat just for GAINZ xD

Implying I dont do ATG squats. Kettleballs are a meme and LOL for recommending pause deadlifts when high weight + volume RDLs are superior.

Nah bb hip thrusts allowed me to break through prs since my glutes werent as strong because back squats puts more emphasis on the outside of the quads and dont isolate the glutes

>reddit spacing

You deadlift 315. Do you actually think you have anything close to a fucking clue?

I weigh 138-140. Yeah

That's still not good. It would be okay if you were tall.

I've seen a 5'10" 135 guy pull 275 (he catbacked it though) with no prior training.

Which gives you 115 wilks on deadlift. You are a novice.
Pic related, me pulling 463 @ 170 less than half a year after training for and running a marathon. I am also a novice.
You don't know what you're talking about and have no place giving advice.

>Not good
>Proficient

youre not eating enough or sleeping enough and youre lifting too heavy without enough volume

didnt read the post btw

Congrats. You're good compared to people who don't lift. They give out medals for that if you can find a fed small enough. Once you realize how shit the SS standards are, you'll look back on this and laugh.

no you havent

You.

Not far off. Looks like I do know what I am talking about.

pic related btw. I'm still
and I'm still a novice.

>Give proof
>NO YOURE STILL SHIT REEEEEEEE

Sit the fuck down boi.

Running for a marathon which means youve been training for a marathon and have been probably been running all your life and is an endurance athlete

xD Novice guys

He's kind of right. SymmetricStrength takes its standards from Rip and 'elite' under those standards means 'top 2% of the entire population'. Not 'top 2% of lifters', '2% of everyone, including the non lifters'. Everything else scales down from there.

Some of the people getting 'advanced' or 'elite' under those schemes literally could not qualify for state championships.

Are you the tranny posting from yesterday? You are aren't you.

You talk like it, and your lift #s are the same.

Novice powerlifter. I'm decent, but not great at running. Marathon was in April, and PL meet was in August.
More proof for you in pic related. I don't know what more you need besides me holding the lift locked out and a finisher's medal

aren't you that guy who just squatted in training?

that's a pretty impressive fucking pull for not even pulling in training if you're the guy i'm thinking of

No, sorry. You have me mixed up with someone else.

Ey bby, like this? *flexes a cep*

Don't take it personally it had to be done and no one had done it yet I'm actually a really good guy (do you live within a 3 hour radius of virginia h-haha)

this. the other guy is wrong

Periodization and exercise variation. But sometimes it comes does mechanical problems: technique/sty,e, form, mobility, limbs/trunk measurements.

I'm 5'10" 141lbs and deadlift 275

I think you were fooled.

I'm 5'10" and 135 pounds. Deadlift about 3pl8. It shocks people and I always tell them this is like my 3rd workout.
In reality I used to lift quite a lot and just lost a bunch of weight. For whatever reason a decent portion of the strength stayed.

DO NOT HEED THIS user'S ADVICE
IT IS INCORRECT
Use this instead if you are trying to rectify your own problems reading this thread