/fast/ #91

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Now-Foods-Kaliumgluconat-reines-Pulver/dp/B0015C2ZI2
amazon.com/Health-Plus-Sodium-Ascrobate-Pulver/dp/B004K1V1BW
tdeecalculator.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

36 hours in and stuck in a car with a fresh pizza. Help me

Why do you allow yourself to be in these types of situations?

I've been joining my friends to restaurants, but not eating anything. It's a good willpower test, and of course, everything smells fucking amazing when you're a few days into a fast.

Masochism doesn’t increase the effects of autophagy

I posted in the previous thread about gallstones and the high risk of them occuring in people losing weight rapidly.
Someone said artichoke extract would help, but looking at the actual clinical studies there isn't any evidence I can find.

Is no one else worried? If I feel even a slight pain near my liver I'm starting to worry...

uh..... I am fasting till next week Thursday.
Just got a question though yo.
I am also very interested in the onion meme.
Don't really know it yet, but from other people I hear they block up to 66% estrogen that my fat could let out...
I am just confused on this part.
Is here someone knowledgable here to set me straight?

Been doing a one meal (not exactly keto) a week routine for ≈ 2 weeks, with snake juice ofc. I'm down to 273lbs from 297lbs. Going for 165. Will keep this up for now. Might decide to fast longer and only do refeeds if I really need to, but once a week help keeps me sane.

>61 hours into water fast with salts... Wonder how much weight i lost
>get on scales
>0 loss

Huh... I guess my body is fueling itself with demon energy from dimension x

Did anyone else experience heartburn (not sure if its the right translation: stomach acid goes up some way of the gullet and burns it)? Any way to avoid it? I have it especially when I lay on my left side in bed and am somewhat afraid I might even puke it up at some point or get it into my air tube)

baking soda

Just continue bro, you will make it

I believe in you user. Hell if you can even get down to 200 you can get some properly fitting clothes too. Not that you should stop, but just want to encourage you, there are little rewards along the way

learn to harness your demon powers and become the anti hero of my next anime

On day 12, 24 pounds down. We are all going to make it

do i have to dry fast to lose loose skin? or can i drink water?

About 70 hours in, feel ok physically but my head hurts and I feel like vomiting 24/7. Is this normal?

thats a lot of weight loss just from IF. OMAD just refers to the timing of your food not the calories in them. you should still be eating a full days worth of calories just within a short period. if you aren't, id recommend just straight fasting as an alternative, there has been studies showing this retains more muscle and is better for you.

Broke my 3 day fast today and now am having really bad diahhrea is this normal? I broke my fast with coconut water and a chicken salad.

I think I took too much salt, I shat myself with runny diarrhea.
AAAnd, I had to shower anyway :^)

Keto flu, just drink water, shit goes away day 4/5

Normal, yeah

15 days in and my weight loss has gone from 0.5 kg a day to 0.4. This sucks.

Thanks friend! Will keep at it

Will it happen every 2+ day fast? Really disrupted work because of it

I'm ready to do the OMAD for the next 3 days, wish me luck guys

This will happen as you become less fat. Your bmr will naturally be lower, but nowhere near as low as it'd be without fasting.

I fast for 7 days, do a low carb refeed of one meal, and then fast for another 7 days. That's hardly mainstream intermittent fasting.

I just realized

BREAKFAST

BREAKFAST IS LITERALLY CALLED THAT BECAUSE IT STOPS THE FAST AFTER SLEEPING

BREAK FAST

B R E A K F A S T

does being on 200mg test( i think would put me at around 1.5x natty test max without any dips) have a big benefit during a fast?

Tfw Only able to do 48 hour or maybe 72 hour fasting because of job hours
Nice dubs.
I can’t believe I never thought of this.
O

could spironolactone interfere with fasting somehow?

>excuses
are they force feeding you at work?

Anyone has experience with Amon Ra's one meal a day? I'm easing into it, right now i'm eating for about two hours a day, will probably get into caloric restriction if only to experiment. .

Is it fine to take BCAA supplements while fasting. Pic related is what I got. I wanna start off doing one meal a day and maybe a 48 hour fast on weekends. Can it break a fast you you take too much bcaa supplements?

read the op; don't fucking do caloric restriction. either fast or don't.

This has nothing to do with this thread.

No I have to do military training and doing that during a fast is a bad idea

I've lost 20 lbs since January 1st with a combination of 23:1 OMAD and a 3 day fast + a 5 day fast which I just now broke (got friend time later today), plus eating right (just whole foods, maybe I should go all keto but I got a bunch of basic staple kinda food (potatoes, rice) and I don't waste food

maybe my willpower is weak but I still believe

we're all gonna make it

[spoiler]besides It can't be that weak, I mean I quit drinking in August after 12 years and I quit diet coke and literally all other vices except internet, working on that one[/spoiler]

Started on Dec 30. Down 22 lbs. Clothes getting loose. Feels good.

I eat one meal per week. Looking forward to dinner tonight.

what do you eat?

depends, do you have hypertension or are you a demented fag?

you mean cruising or just doing a low cycle?

Generally keto. Tons of meat, protein, and fats. Raw whole milk. Some veggies.

No fruits, breads, starches, or refined sugars.

I miss fresh baked bread more than anything.

just start with training with skipping one meal then 2 etc to get used to it
you can train your body for everything aprt from flying and breathing under water

isn't milk too sugary to stay in keto?

That's good progress, do you mind telling me what height and weight you where at when you started?

>tfw took all my finals with A+
>tfw blood pressure lowered
>tfw everyone saying how much thinner I look
we are going to make it bros

Possibly. 1 cup is allegedly 12g of sugars. I have ketostix and will pay close attention this weekend.

what kind of diet should you have during IF? low carb or just normal healthy diet below daily caloric intake? my goal is to lose body fat but still keep muscle mass.

>Is no one else worried?
I'm not worried in the slightest.
[spoiler]My gallbladder was removed when I was 11[/spoiler]

I am 5'7", started at 220lbs

(I was 235 while drinking and after quitting for 4 or 5 months only got down to 220 and sort of flattened progress but wasn't eating right until december)

what degree senpai

It's not if your glycogen stores are empty.

I think the general rule is that if you're fasting and not losing weight, your body might just be breaking down other shit for fuel as well. Loose skin, scar tissue, tumors, etc. My whole family and I have fucking lipomas, shitty little fat tumors on our arms, and I've noticed a pretty dramatic drop in size in them even with mild (3-5 day) fasting.

It's not normal if you add a boatloat of fiber, ffs. 20g+

Another thread

Another thread with no progress pics

This gen should change to /larp/

That's a waste of perfectly good test, user. Save it for when you finish cutting/fasting and start bulking again.

I've been doing omad the days I workout and fasting the days I don't. I've also been keeping a strict is to diet. Is their anything that can help with bad breath? I've read that gum contains artificial sweeteners that raise insulin, any alternatives that dont?

stop being greek

If I fast for two/three days straight, without taking potassium - and then breaking the fast eating potassium rich foods - will I have any issues?

Thats interesting, i was a little disappointed but not mad or anything.

I'll bare it in mind!

I don’t think health wise you’ll die, but I find even going 24 hours without drinking some snek juice I’ll feel a little foggy and get headaches.

Working on it user. Nothing dramatic to post yet, although I'm noticeably less bloated.

This, water fasting is hell.
I did my very first water fast with pure water, at 70 hours my cognition was down to 0. I could not for the life of me put two sentences together of flux integral calculus together, nausea, headache, lethargy, needed adjustment from sitting to standing position etc...
Then I stumbled upon this general and I was curious to see how people were handling the extreme hardship. But snake man was spammed and so I understood.
Snake juice ""fasting"" is literally pure psychological pain opposed to physiological and psychological pain of pure water fasting.

first 2days water fast next week,should I do cardio at the end of the first day?
I usually do a one day fast and end it up with cardio but I'm afraid not to have enough energy on the second day for work

>and get headaches.
same for me
I remember when I asked here if I should get snake juice to avoid headaches for a 24h fast everyone called me a pussy

I'm 20/F, 5'7 and 185 lbs. If I fast every day (water only), and exercise daily (hour long walk every morning, hour on the elliptical every afternoon) for the next 40 days, what do you think my end weight would be?

>inb4 "read sticky" or "read the thread" stfu ;__;

so amazon.com/Now-Foods-Kaliumgluconat-reines-Pulver/dp/B0015C2ZI2 4700 mg of this and 2000 - 3000 mg of this amazon.com/Health-Plus-Sodium-Ascrobate-Pulver/dp/B004K1V1BW mixed with water should be enough for a water fast? I'm currently around 340 lbs and I want to turn my life around before I get some serious health issues.

The goal is to weigh 125 but is that realistic in 40 days?

>i am female and post smiley faces, i don't need to comply with the board conventions

I just have one question and would like it answered???

depends. you wanna do intensive training like martial arts hiit? get carbs. fatloss will still be great.

just weights? keto.
weights AND massive strenght gains? carbs.

>i am female and post smiley faces, i don't need to comply with the board conventions and i have one question and i would like it answered

This has to be bait

o plus im taking a multivitamin, green tea pills, Garcinia Cambodia pills, and a HCG activator???

I promise it isn't. Maybe seems like it as I'm in the middle of a manic episode but :-) no it isnt. You're the only group of people I can ask about weight loss without being scared so that's why I'm here

yes please :~)

how big is the loss of strenght if you don't workout while fasting?

>tfw getting friedzoned by a stranger on a fitness board

friedzoned :,((

Who gives a fuck what some fat ass larpers say? If salt water makes you feel better than drink fucking salt water.

Im doing OMAD
How do I get 140g of proteins in that one meal? Its hard, unless all I eat is meat/eggs

>unless all I eat is meat/eggs

Answered. Next question?

How does onde makes snake juice?

my fingers are so cold.
And the house is so cold.
IS fasting causing my fingers to freeze?

Maybe its the could living environment you mentioned

Nigga u are dying
How many days in? Do you take salt in the water?

>>inb4 "read sticky"
Which, if you had, would have given you the tools you need to figure this out for yourself.
tdeecalculator.net/

For the sake of being conservative, let's say your TDEE is only 1700kcals. 1lb of fat is 3500kcals. So, 1700x40/3500 = 19.42lbs of fat loss. When you figure losing 5-10lbs of water weight, plus another couple of pounds of shit that's sitting in your digestive tract, and ballparking a bit because your BMR/TDEE goes down as you lose bodyweight, you'll be in the 145lbs-155lbs range in 40 days.

Happy Lent.

Whoops, am retard.
155-165lbs range

This is a stupid idea
Don't train fasted, you'll feel like shit and you'll get cramps and DOMs in places of horror.

I don't know if it's because of the surrounding weather.
I have raised the heater at full blast
Nah, I actually so much salty water I accidentally shat myself

Alright so looking at starting this up, probably 6:18 before going over to OMAD, but I've got a couple of questions. When during an intermittent fast should I be doing my strength training? What about my cardio? Should it be immediately after my eating period, right before? Somewhere in the middle?

Starting at 320lbs and I'd like to be down to 220-200 by the the end of the year.

>This is a stupid idea
why?

You should start by changing the habits which caused you to become 320 pounds, else any weight you lose will be temporary and you'll fall back into your old way of life.

Best advice you will get here.

No, not at all

You don't need 140g

1.5lbs of chicken breast, amigo