Is 2 plate OHP

Is 2 plate OHP
3plate bench
4plate squat
or 5 plate deadllift harder to achieve for 1 rep?

IMO 2 plate OHP would probably be the hardest

2 plate OHP by far.

2plate ohp
5plate deadlift if you're tallfaf

2Plate OHP for manlets

5plate deadlift for lanklets?

I think if I achieve all of them it'll happen

Squat > Bench > DL > OHP

Current lifts are (kg)
Squat(Hb) 150, Bench 110-115, DL 170, Press 62.5

lmao no, 5pl8 deadlift is easy as fuck even when you're not built for it compared to a 2pl8 press

the difficulty goes along the weight: OHP most difficult, DL least

t. 3pl8 deadlift

>tfw 20kg off 5plate dl but 30kg off 2plate OHP

lmao1pl8 ohp is way easier than the others

reading comprehension is even easier but not for Veeky Forums

double that and you're right

>1 gf
why Veeky Forums?

got 1 2 3 and real life waifu
> can do 375 on dead so i'll go 4 plates dead

God damn it, I don't even know why I come on here. Only on /fit would someone say it's easier to lift 5pl8 than 2pl8. You know how I know you're dyel?

4 plate squat when you have herniated discs :((

2 plate ohp obviously, because you're increasing the weight by the largest % with the additional plate vs the other lifts. you might as well compare 2pl ohp with 4pl bench, 6pl squat, and 8pl dead

1 gf if ur a manlet desu

>tfw turbomanlet

5pl8 deadlift is late intermediate, 2pl8 press is late advanced
i.e. you're a retard

1pl8->2pl8 is a 66% increase in weight
4pl8->5pl8 is a 22% increase in weight

What do you think is hardest?

I'm currently 1.5/3/5/6 so I'd say OHP but I'm a powerlifter so don't focus on OHP and I have a poverty bench.

>4pl8->5pl8 is a 22% increase in weight

1lb to 3lb is a 300% increase in weight.

Which do you think is hardest?

If 1lb was your max then 3lb still would be numb nuts.

1.5/2.8/4/5 here

ohp is the hardest one

Tyler1 made it

you're retard. 5pl8 is over 100% more weight than 2pl8. kys you basketball short wearin, water sippin, bar countin faggot.

Tyler1 is 6'5'' bro

more like it depends on body structure. Since I have monkey arms I can deadlift 3plates 5x5 but can only OHP 30 on each side for 1rm
>trex mode

1gf

When I was a mere weakling on bench (1pl8) I could still easily do 145 3x5 OHP

I have monkey arms and OHP is my best lift. Nice excuse.

that didn't happen
with that OHP you would be able to do atleast 180-190 without training it (and 200-210 while training it), so it doesn't add up at all. And no, unless you have a rotator cuff injury or something that prevents you from benching it cannot be lower than OHP, that's mechanically impossible

>210-230 while training it
fixed after reading it through, 145 3x5 is equivalent to an easy 2pl8 3x5

WHEN WILL I ACHIEVE 1/2/3/4???
started two months ago (doing compounds and lifting seriously from like one month) and currently at 60kg squat 90kg diddly 40kg bench press 25kg ohp.

I’ve always been intimidated by bench and struggled getting good at it, but I’m talking a couple years ago when my training was unacceptable and sloppy

Are you guys fucking joking? I can squat 2plate, bench 1plate, but I cannot for the life of me OHP much more than just the bar.
t. 130lbs 5'9". Yes, I am eating more, and tracking cals now.

completely depends on your size
but based on those numbers you have mediocre genetics so probably around 2 years (for reps)

OHP is the only lift you can't really cheat. you're probably half repping bench (or have a spotter who "didn't even touch it, it was all you bro") and quarter repping squats, that's it.

Reached 2 plate squat first

Then reached 1 plate OHP

got close to 4 plate dead

could never manage to get past 1.5 plate bench

Dude, 2pl8 OHP by a MILE.

No way man, I've even recorded my form to make sure it's good. OHP just fucking slays me. I'm using dumbbells to work on it. I have the bitchiest delts I've ever seen.

post it

I honestly don't see how you can possibly bench 2 plates and not OHP 1.

You use a lot of anterior delt on bench, to the point I think you barely train delts and OHP 1 plate after reaching a 2 plate bench.

Something is fucky, user, and I think it's your bench. Is your ass on the bench? Do you touch your chest? How wide is your grip?

>tfw my bench and DL are both 3 plate

why is DL so hard?

ITT: ROM issues

Because you have terrible form and weak legs. Do you not squat?

Uploading it to a webm converter would put me over my data limit brah
>100+ MB video
>canadian data plans
>phoneposting

just give me a magic shortcut where I don't have to put in any work that will give me boulder shoulders. I know you fitness types like to overcomplicate things and there's always a shortcut. Can't I just drink red wine after dinner or something?

ya i squat im at 375 right now

bench 1 plate squat 2 plate 0 reps reading comprehension

upload it to youtube

I would do higher volume on your OHP for a while like 5 x 8-10 or something. Do that for a month. Switch to 5x5 for a month. Retest after that.

Also, when you OHP you should coming to a full stop on your upper chest/shoulders and not using stretch reflex.

I really don't think you have a proper 2 plate bench the more I think about it.

I can Deadlift 5.5pl8 and only OHP 1.5pl8

I rarely deadlift, and OHP twice a week.

Deadlift is piss easy to progress on, but the shoulders are a tiny ass muscle group when you compare the relative weights

1pl8 OHP is the easiest for 1/2/3/4 but 2pl8 is the hardest for 2/3/4/5

cucked shoulders...It happens. My chest is cucked.

MFW I am 185 on OHP and 315 on Deadlift

I honestly am not sure where you guys are getting the idea I said I can bench 2plate. Am I being trolled?
I'll try higher volume on OHP. Would it be good to use dumbbells for this or a lighter bar?

idk mang. I'm a 5'7" novice and I do 135lb for reps on OHP, but I can barely pull 315 sumo, once. It's probably all about limb proportions. Stubby-limb guys lift gooder.

Dude, you are so incredibly malnourished. You weigh 130 pounds?

Describe your bench form. There is no way you cannot OHP more than 45lbs but can touch your chest on bench with 135. At that small, your chest will be completely undeveloped and you will primarily be using anterior delt and triceps to push your bench, guaranteed.

You need to EAT, EAT, EAT and just get in the gym, man. You are at least 20-30 pounds underweight.

You're asking to tweak what you're doing now, but you have nothing to tweak. You need to workout and you need eat. Constantly. Come back in 3 months.

uhhh 5'10 175poons checking in with 190lb strict The Press and 385 diddle
short as fuck arms + didn't train deadlift for the first 6-8 months of training

hahahha you fucking starvin marvin

I did 145 5x5 today and my bench is 204 5x5. OHP has always been a really good lift for me though, and I'm getting closer to 225 5x5 as we speak, will probably have it within a month.

Is a 3pl8 OHP even achievable by mortals?

I've progressed beyond 100kg bench, but my ohp is lagging at like 50kg. I even do single arm standing dumbbell presses with like 30kg (tight core, minimal leaning back/to the side). Why the fuck is my ohp so garbage?

If you have genetically strong shoulders and are a bit heavier (like 15%+ bodyfat) and have been training it well for 5+ years, I still think you probably wouldn't ever get higher than 2.5 natty.

YOu have terrible OHP form then or misunderstand what the lift is

>Arms 4-8 inches wider on each side than shoulder-- varies person to person, but most people do OHP with hands too wide
>Activate abs at the beginning of the lift, not just the lockout
>Squeeze glutes
>Head back, not just "chin up"
>Keep weight as close to you vertically as possible (don't let it stray from body)
>As soon as it clears your head, move it back slightly to be above center mass
>feel it in delts and shoulders in the last half of the lift, concentrate on keeping strong core and back as you lockout

the reason why OHP is shit for so many of you is because you're cheating on your other lifts so the OHP looks bad in comparison even though that is more representative of your true strength
bench and squat are easy to half/quarter rep
deadlift can be cheated with alternate meme grip and snappy form
but you can't really just pretend you made an OHP rep when you didn't have full ROM

or maybe you just got memed into doing some fag powerlifting routine that doesn't care about increasing OHP

depends on your proportions

i'm lanky and tall and i pulled 500 around the time i squatted 365, benched less than 225 for a 1rm, and overhead pressed 155

Im at 195 OHP and it is my primary lift.

I train 3x3-6 x + 135x10, then do 125% overloads for 3x3, then clean and press 135 for 3x5 twice a week, and progress is excruciatingly slow.

200lbs is my goal for the year and that shouldnt be a problem, but 2pl8 is too far away to think about right now.

>deadlift can be cheated with alternate meme grip and snappy form
every t-rex armed cuckold manlet with a shitty deadlift makes the same tired excuses

abloobloooblooo mixed grip abloobloobloo not doh abloobloo you used a belt

you're just a weak pussy trying to justify being a weak pussy

that's about the same ratio as most benchbros in my gym have though. Just press more

I'm 5'4 tho

it's a different lift you fucking imbecile

you're talking about moving 225 with your delts and triceps vs moving 495 with your hamstrings and glutes

Doable if you've been training right for 5-10 years and have non-shit genetics.
2pl8 is definitely doable by anyone but the biggest geneticlets.

Same here, just got my bodyweight press (91 kg, 200 lbs) today, and I'm cutting too right now. Next stop is 2pl8, although it's gonna take some time.
What I usually do is a few near-max doubles, then a few near-max triples, then 5-10 sets of ~1pl8 for 5 reps, depending on how tired I am.

some simple math here:
1/2/3/4 is considered well rounded (early intermediate) strength. 2 pl8/1pl8 =x2 for OHP, 5pl8/4pl8 = x1.25 for dead. Clearly 2pl8 ohp is way harder was this really that hard

>225=135x2
>thelibrary.jpg

>2 pl8/1pl8 =x2 for OHP, 5pl8/4pl8 = x1.25 for dead

You're going to progress 80 lbs on Overhead press in a month? I want to believe you but that's almost impossible to do in one month unless youre sandbagging your OHP right now

No I meant my bench will probably be 225 5x5 within a month kek. For OHP I'm hoping to hit 165 5x5 within 3 months which will be the end of my bulk, for reference.

What about between
3 plate bench
4 plate squat
5 plate deadlift

brother, your shit is all fucked up if youre squatting 375 and can only DL 3pl

How much do you weight and bf%? Im 5'7 and about 20% and my OHP is only 135 for 2, but I can pull 365 conventional. Interesting how different peoples bodies can be. My bench is 195 (6x4) and squat is 255 (8x3)

I can OHP 2pl8 and deadlift 5pl8 and the deadlift is definitely harder for me even though I hit that before the OHP. I think that my form is just shit for deadlift.

Whats harder is the next girlfriend