/fat/ Do the things that will make you better

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hqTXwZldBA
youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my life is spiraling out of control. Ive visibly gained a shit ton of weight in the last 2 months.

When I put in the subject "Do the things that will make you better", I meant it. Identify problems. Prepare solutions. Act on those preparations. Succeed. Then back to the first step. You can do this. Just iron the problems out to tackleable tasks. Eat that turkey one bite at a time. Pretty soon that lean meat will be gone and you'll be stronger to take on the next task. I'm here with you on this. You can do this.

>think ill buy mcdonalds tonight because tired
>smash my head into wall and tell myself no
>made chicken and salad instead
back to the pit from whence ye came foulest of temptations

When does fasting gets easier?

Confess, my children.

Nearly ate shortbread that I got for xmas, went for a walk with the dog and no longer fancy any.

so what sin are you confessing? Well done either way, you demonstrated your willpower and you're going to make it.

I should of thrown it out long ago, still keeping it there is a bad enough sin.

Hi, I'm fat but been losing weight. I had to go to the ER a few months ago and my resting pulse was around 40 and the ladie's measuring thing kept beeping at her. I've since gotten a watch that reads my pulse every now and then and it is normally between 40 and 50 but online I read 60 is the low end of normal. Is having a low pulse a bad thing? What I read said very fit or athletic people may have lower resting heart rates but the only activity I do is walking due to me being fat.

40 is some deep meditation tier, what the fuck.

I saw my ribs again today :’) losing it slowly and steadily and it feels good man. Haven’t been on the scale for a month now since the battery died. Hoping for a pleasant surprise when I look again

so it's ok then? I'm not that worried (I am a pretty chill guy that doesn't give a shit about much) just stumbled on this thread and figured I'd ask.

i don't know my man, i just know that im a fatfuck too, and mines never been lower than like 60. What did the nurse tell you, why didn't you ask any questions?

she didn't say anything about it - she was just there to get the numbers. The warning beeps sort of scared me tho

Did the doctor not explain to you that you have the heartbeat of a pitbull?

no he just wanted me to leave

Start running. You could have a marathoner's build under those folds of fat.

sort of working on it, I've been trying to run some of the easier parts of the trails I walk but I can only run for a couple minutes at a time. It's increasing though and I can finally start to see why fitfags like to run

Is keto a fucking meme?

I steer clear of fad diets since they're almost always being argued by cultists and I feel like I can't trust them to be at all honest. But people I know have succeeded on it so I'm seriously considering it.

Why not try it and see for yourself?

works for me

I ate a fucking donut today. A whole goddamned chocolate yesterday. God help me.

Weight still dropping, thankfully, but this shit will slow me down.

best diet is just calorie deficit, I still ate mostly carbs during this time

keto can work but do you really want to eat that way forever? Eating less is very easy to get used to

From what I've read in /fat/ it makes you lose weight but once you're off keto the hunger returns.

I've already started. But just generally, I don't try every fad diet because "why not", I try and research it and see how valid it is.

How long? I'm at 195, 5'11". I'm more just trying to look and feel good than hit any specific weight but 175 would be nice.

This, I find its harder to keep up with Keto rather than some good ol' calorie counting. I can feel full at 1200-1500 a day but with Keto I feel awful.

cool pics

If you're not cardiovascularly trained, you should see a doctor about that ASAP. Given that you're a fatfuck and cardio athletes are skinny as fuck, I think you need to see a doctor.

I have beat my desire to binge, 3 weeks with not a single binge and sticking to my diet with no cheating; I have ascended.

>lost 70 pounds
>no longer obese
>still look like a disfigured marshmallow man
It's all over bros

You could still lose a little but you really need to be lifting to get your proportions into order. Just losing weight only shrinks your proportions. Muscle will give you form.

I can still lose 55 lbs and it would be in the middle of the normal BMI range.
But yeah, I'm going to start lifting in a few months. The reason for holding this off is because you can't get far on a cut as far as I am aware, the lifts will stall as soon as you run out of newbie gains. So it seems prudent to start off a bit later to prevent a long period of stalling.

Man, weight loss is SO FUCKING SLOW
MY LIFTS ARE GOING DOWN
I AM LETHARGIC
I DESERVE THIS FOR BEING A FAT FUCK, BUT IT'LL BE ANOTHER MONTH AND A HALF BEFORE GOAL WEIGHT

Or you could start lifting now and then eventually stall on weight progress and still losing weight all the while. If you do your plan you're going to be going to skinny fat level and then start lifting. If you do it the proposed way you could be gaining while you're losing weight and worse case scenario your noob gain stay the same until you're cut enough to start bulking. One way is a lot quicker than the other and includes not bitching out of effort you could be doing to do the right thing.

Had like an obsessively large bowl of cup ramen. I think it's Souper something. Who the fuck is this made for? I'm like a giga end of all beings teir lardass and I still felt like shit afterwards. Fuck it I still do.

If you're that self defeated why aren't you seeing a psychiatrist about your suicidal tendencies?

You can't trick your body, user. It'll catch up to you. The only way you'll get away with that is if you fast today and eat at a big deficit tomorrow. Otherwise you will be stalling at your current weight any day now.

It isn't a meme but it just isn't necessary.

I did very low carb (basically keto) to control my blood sugar. It worked, but I don't feel like I lost weight any slower once I stopped and it totally fucked up my ldl cholesterol.

Just count calories. Keto isn't magic, and it isn't sustainable.

>feel my stomach fat getting looser
>pants have trouble staying up

And yet I still feel like my fat loss is not progressing.

about to have a carb bomb

IS popcorn a good snack? I ask because some user recommends it with fruit also as a snack for people losing weight

I'm not trying to kill myself, I'm trying to stop being a fat fuck

There's absolutely no reason to wait to start lifting. Lifting helps you maintain (or even build) muscle on a cut. You want that. The more muscle you have, the better.

>month and a half

Are you kidding? That's fucking nothing. I've been cutting for 9 months and I have at least 4 left.

I'm sure there are people who have cut for two or three years.

high carb, usually has butter and salt, leading to fluid retention
a lot of calories and not very filling

just eat the fruit instead

>leading to fluid retention
doesn't matter in the long run.

>There's absolutely no reason to wait to start lifting. Lifting helps you maintain (or even build) muscle on a cut. You want that. The more muscle you have, the better.
I don't have any muscle. I've had many unsuccessful attempts at weight loss while doing cardio, I burned all the muscle I could in the past. But I'll consider starting sooner than I originally planned, maybe it's worth doing.

In the short term it can be devastating. If you've been making good progress for awhile and then gain 10 pounds in a week because you're eating a lot of salted foods, it can be really depressing.

Is there any reason to not do an hour on the stationary bike every day?
>Increased cardio health
>burn like 500(?) calories, if you eat the same, lose an extra pound every week

youtube.com/watch?v=5hqTXwZldBA

this is what you look like, put down the fork

Even plain popcorn? Hmm maybe you’re right

No. Keep doing that. You're doing great.

constant hunger

how to stop?

>/fat/ Do the things that will make you better
fasting today
meditated
dogo walked

Yes you do. You may not have significant muscle but you do have muscle and you lose it while cutting. That's how weight loss works.

Lifting allows you to retain it, which is exactly what you want to do.

cats hate fruit and veggies...

get into ketosis first
keep doing it
practice
for me coffee . apple cider vinegar w/ the mother

do video games make you hungrier? (including boring ones)

No, but if you are sitting at home feeling kind of bored you'll probably want to eat something even though you aren't hungry.

Get out of the house if you can and actually go do something. It at least stay at home and do something engaging.

damn ight qq

i hate to talk about gaming on a /fat/ thread but i quit playing around a year ago bc i got bored as hell after putting in many hours, is there a way to keep on gaming without not getting bored or something? ive realized this past year ive eaten myself up many times from being lean

Que pas /fat/. I'm an massive barely human beta male at UNI. Trying to figure out which times are the least active in the gym anyone got some anecdotes related to this?
Also starting ss should i just spend the first day trying to find my weight?

>Trying to figure out which times are the least active in the gym anyone got some anecdotes related to this?
Use google for that

Just do it isn't a nike slogan. You have to commit to start and then commit to being consistent. Fortune favors the bold.

Don't play shit you aren't enjoying. It's a waste of time. Only spend money on things you actually want, and if you try it and aren't liking it just stop.

I play a lot less than I used to, but I enjoy what I play more.

>spend the first day trying to find my weight

No. Have you read the book? Read the book. You start with just the bar. That's your first day. Then you increase every time you lift.

i lost like 15 lbs (like 7kg) last month but the past week i went back to college and slipped up
it wasn't at the level I used to and i didn't gain any weight, but i still feel like garbage
i plan on getting back on the horse next week now that i've beet up at college and have established my routines

dont know if retarded or bait

Start now. Now is the only time you can decide to do something. If you decide to do something later you're only putting off the time that is now to decide to do something with only your failure as an option. Don't give failure an option. Decide to do it now.

nice, little victories like that are actually larger than most people think

I've been for the past 3 weeks eating at maintenance. Still lost fat because of lifting and running, but I need to lose a last 10+lbs and my progress is slowing down immensely. I'm just hoping that the muscle gain is worth it.

Wait i thought i was supposed to keep adding weight until i cant. What the heck

I think I may have snapped out of the mindset that I'm almost where I wanna be, I'm not, I've never been and I should be aware of it.

Each day that passes I'm more convinced by starting a fast but I'm scared I'm gonna die.

water fasting is perfectly safe

Not him, but wanted to ask if fasting is safe for your gains?

Do you lose a significant amount of muscle if you fast while lifting?

>tfw going to bed early because when i wake up i can eat again

5’11” here started at 193 down to 185 in 2 weeks, an optimal body weight for our size to begin bulking is around 165

Same broh!! We’re gonna fucking make it. Found out my scale was off by 2 pounds and got a little bummed but.. starting week 3 with only one binge and that was because some bitch wanted to go to Arby’s and I caved

>Move to uni accommodation
>My room is about 3 meters away from the gym and lap pool
>Too autistic to start using them
How do I get over this bros?

lost 80 pounds, just 25 away from my goal

brehs

I don't get it

Second that caloric deficit is only way to lose weight and see results. I'm on Keto but I don't buy into the whole metabolic advantage thing. Eat enough protein (1.5g/kg/day) and you will be able to maintain lean mass while you drop weight. I do Keto and roughly OMAD because I find it suppresses my appetite and is simple for me to work with my tastes and lifestyle. The real way I lose weight is aiming for daily deficit of 750 cal on TDEE.

I started Slow Carb Sept 2017 (Red), lost ~4lbs in a month because I couldn't stick to it very well. Start Keto Oct 2017 (Yellow) and saw:
1) Immediate results, thanks water weight!
2) Most important, I was very easily adhering!

I kept very strict until the start of the holidays (blue), and you can see I immediately plateau. What I really became lax about here wasn't limiting net carbs, but tracking food intake. Just because I left for New York I spiked (green) and in New York I was careful about overall intake, but went no limits on carbs (because pizza and beer). As you can see I lost 12lbs in a week from the height of the spike, 7lbs from my previous lowest!

One note is that my estimated TDEE is clearly way less than my actual daily burn. At my planned 750 deficit I would expect to lose 23lbs over the last 110 days. Instead I've lost 40lbs. Likely contributions are that I was conservative in estimating activity level and bf% (estimated at 40% I believe, not bothering with actual measurements for body comp)

Moral of the story: Less food = less of you, but you need to figure out what will let you eat less and still be happy. For me it's Keto and IF, but it took me about 12 months of focused experimentation to find out what worked.

Funny thing is that if you fat retards finally manage to lose weight you'll have loose skin everywhere LMAO

It appears user is suggesting you smoke some newports

It depends on your level of concentration and the type of game. I would say no

Hey fat trying to lose weight here.

Basically I'm switching from wheat and other carbs to pure meat/veggies that I'm making into a stew.

The issue is the ingredients I have mainly the fault of the meatball will add all the saturates I will be eating 36g saturates per day which is 80% over the recommended daily intake according to the labels, will this have any negative effects on me or will I be alright since I workout as well?

The stew for me is calculated to be 1310 calories that serves 3 but I will be having all 3 servings in one day for those veggies, 1310 calories (which will be my only in-take of calories) and will hopefully shift the weight.

The weight you start at doesn't matter. You add weight every workout until you stall. Start with the bar on all lifts. If it feels massively easy, add 10lbs the next time you lift it. If it doesn't, add 5lbs. That's it.

So the first day would just be 7 empty bar sets for all three exercises? Since you can't exactly warm up. Ok danke

I sometimes don't use the dumbbells on the lowest rack because I'm too lazy to stoop down and grab them...

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
train mind
meditate

>meditation
nigger I don't care about that shit, what do I do at the gym

pick up weights and put them down
repeat
maybe you should read the sticky

stop speaking the truth

how do I get over a phobia of vegetables tasting bad

when they are cooked in with stuff like lasagna or w/e I'll eat it and it tastes okay

but on its own.. it makes me gag. I honestly try so hard but its just so..ugh.

Eat them more. Look up different ways to cook them. Look up how to prepare salads properly. Try any vegetable you can find, to see if you like it. Buy a big serving of that vegetable, find as many ways of cooking as you can and go hard.

Eventually you will get used to it. Cutting down on sugar and getting used to things that aren't as sickly sweet helps too if you haven't already. Get used to bitter a little more.

Mine's in the mid 50's, but I dropped out from obesity-tier in 2012 and have been on Veeky Forums since 2011

> trying to lose weight
> eating fruit
Never going to make it

nature's candy bars amirite

uh.. it kinda is.

Today I went to Taco Bell with some friends today and ate a Big Bell Box and a extra burrito one friend gave me, and a large quantity of Coca Cola...