Creamy or chunky Veeky Forums?

strawpoll.me/14890668

sometimes i crave chunky, then get sick of it and switch back to smooth/creamy for a few months. dont know why though

both

Living in American, so I try to get whatever isn't loaded with sugar. Usually Chunky.

what the fuck kind of peanut butter has sugar in it? do americans actually do this?

I recommend Teddies 100% Natural Peanut Butter, Adams 100% Natural PB, or Smuckers 100% Natural PB. Both have chunky and creamy varieties and only have peanuts listed in the ingredients.

Sadly most brand named ones like Skippy in American have a shit ton of sugar loaded into it, along with oil, and other stuff in the ingredients. You’ll find it hard to find Natural 100% PB with just the ingredients reading peanuts.

/smooth / master race

>You’ll find it hard to find Natural 100% PB with just the ingredients reading peanuts.

maybe 20 years ago but there are quite a few brands that have all natty peanut butter now, even the big ones

I get Teddy's because it's the cheapest I've found with only peanuts.

almost everything in merica has sugar or some other shit in it .

I live in NYC, so I’m so thankful that I found a local supermarket that sells Teddies 100% Natural PB 3 for $6. I made sure to stock up a months worth of that.
Same here user. I get that when there’s a massive sale on it too, since most of the brand named ones here are always on sale but have too much sugar in them and other chemicals pumped in. Natural PB aka just so good with recipes.

Also try to avoid palm fat. New Zealand brand pic is pretty goat

this is wrong though
>"a shit ton of sugar"
you mean like 2g sugar extra per serving? hardly a "shit ton"...

Yeah, but we want no added sugar or palm oil, don't you get it? Any added sugar is just unnecessary

Your pics are of two "natural" options. Regular Skippy, Jif, and Peter Pan have more sugar.

i mean i agree, but this board circle jerks complete natty peanutbutter so hard. the cheap price of being able to buy a huge thing of skippy is worth the trade off of a few grams of sugar.

not quite

Not him but I definitely disagree. It's cheaper because the additives are cheaper than peanuts. No point in eating that garbage when natty peanut butter is better for you, tastes better (my opinion) and only marginally more expensive.

Have any of you tried the Jif whips peanut butter?
It’s not healthy but It is fucking god-tier

spoiler alert - skippy natural and skippy regular are literally the same. i have the same suspicion for any of the "natural" big brand peanutbutters. i've tried them side by side and they are literally identical in consistency and taste.

Depends, is it on a sandwich, am I spooning it, is it for cookies?

>57 percent voted chunky

I knew this board had shit taste but damn

i like mine extra thick

>not eating fresh ground peanut butter from the peanut butter machine at WINCO

Peasants

I've read all-natural PB ingredients lists, and some of them have palm oil and sugar.

Am American, have practically no sweet tooth. Fruit is candy to me basically. I think PB is one of the things that is vastly improved by a little bit of sugar, it shouldn't taste sweet though. I've had all natural, zero sugar PB before and it's just kind of blah in comparison. I'm not a chef or anything, but it's probably a similar thing to why you add a tiny bit of sugar to pasta sauces to make them taste better (not a shit ton to get that fucking abomination that is "sweet" spaghetti sauce though).

I live down the road from the teddies factory. Feels good man