Socail Anxiety

Alright Veeky Forums I'm currently attempting to overcome my crippling anxiety and am not seeing very much progress. I figure the best way to overcome it is to throw yourself into uncomfortable situations, and I have been doing that but its not getting any easier. For example, I asked a girl that I didn't know at my cousin's wedding if she wanted to dance. She said yes but it was so uncomfortable and awkward, and now every time I think about it I start sweating and cringing really hard. It probably has made my anxiety worse. Has anyone else on Veeky Forums gone through this? Do I just have to keep throwing myself into the fire and eventually I will quit caring? I am tired of my heart racing and my palms sweating every time I ask a question in class.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EgvZTnVO7SE
examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you have hypoglycemia niggs

do you drink coffee?

NOFAP BRO!

I dont drink coffee and I went nofap for 3 months and saw no difference

Take medicine............. that's what i do.

I'm not keen on being dependent on a drug my whole life. I would rather try to overcome this naturally

You've got two options. Either medicate with pharmas/nootropics/alcohol/narcotics, all of which will eventually lead to the anxiety creeping back in along with crippling depression on top of it. Or you can accept yourself for who you are as an anxious person, even if it's not exactly who you want to be.

No one is going to hate you for your anxiety.

i'm such a socially axious autistic virgin that i literally get a twitch in my pants from lightly touching a fucking girl or making a girl laugh.

>heart racing and my palms sweating every time I ask a question in class
Hits close to home. I just try to increase test to gain assertiveness and confidence but its hard

any sodas including diet soda?

Gains will genuinely help with confidence but I doubt it will get rid of the anxiety entirely, exercise does however make your mood better and you won't hate yourself as much (part of social anxiety is hating yourself)
I know it reduces anxiety because I used to be a nervous wreck before I hit the gym full time.

>tfw pre-cum in pants from arm rubbing against girl's arm next to you during bus ride.

Nope. I eat extremely well and kind of have an OCD about my diet. I don't eat dairy either and the only junk food I eat is unsalted pita chips with guacamole.

meditation daily, no fucking joke

meditating is like gym workout for your sense of calm, the small amount of time spent meditating is really strengthening your ability to chill the fuck out at ALL TIMES when you are not meditating

it has been the number one thing to help me take tests, make phone calls and generally do fearsome things, including the full body sweats and heartbeats that come with just re-imagining past cringey situations

meditation has helped me so much. The type of meditation i found and practise is not fancy or anything, its just focusing your attention behind the eyes on the pineal gland (that produces/regulates melatonin and serotonin) and repeating a meaningless phrase while thinking about someone that makes you feel love (not fear). it takes a little focus to bring your attention to behind the eyes, you will lose feeling in your limbs and body like how you do before you fall asleep. Its basically strengthening your ability to cultivate calm and/or gratefulness, and you can take that with you throughout the rest of your days/life

beats having social anxiety for the rest of your life

just make yourself think 'fuck yea lets do this' and shut off your brain, you only get this one life.
Do you smonk wed,OP?

it's not gonna help,it's all in your head breh you need a new mindset

Nope. I don't smoke weed or drink alcohol. The few times I did use those substances though they really loosened me up. Usually my mind goes almost completely blank when I am around people I don't know really well, but when I was drunk/high I was able to hold conversations pretty well.
I am interested in getting meditation. Do you have any books or links for me to guide me in getting started? I am also strongly considering doing shrooms or LSD. I have heard they can help some people.

I am interested in starting meditation*

You have to do a concrete analysis when you feel anxious about things.
I got through my social anxiety by asking myself a few questions
>what is the worst that could happen?
>does it matter at all in the long run?
>what are previous awkward moments that I don't care about now?
>what could I gain by doing x?
Realize that people never really care much about others. You might pop up a couple times in their thoughts through the day, but why does it even matter? Everyone focuses mostly on themselves, just like you do. Just like I do. Theres no true risk of making yourself look like an idiot because no one truly cares. If anything, own up to your own awkwardness and get used to. Use your cringe to learn and improve next time. This will be a inevitable long process retraining your brain wiring that could take years. It's good that you have the balls to get uncomfortable tho, many can't even take that first step.

Keep it up user.

getting a communicative job helps loads, especially if it's selling or manual advertising or something

yes i totally have some links to a really chill spiritual guy i found browsing youtube a few years ago, (my life has improved probably 1000% in unimaginable ways since finding and practicing this, idk if incidental but yeah) he is sikh and super chill, he tells really nice stories sometimes too, apparently he travels around the US giving meditation seminars for free and uploading his talks to youtube, so if you like him you can watch many hours of his stories/lectures

here is a video of him talking about how he tried many types of meditation before returning to the simple meditation technique that he teaches

youtube.com/watch?v=EgvZTnVO7SE

>focusing on someone that makes you feel love

this
also don't think about people

damn dude, youre in a really weird situation

if it isnt improving by itself than most of the time its caused by low blood sugar but that doesnt really seem to be the case for you

would you think that you have ocd over everything? maybe that could be it

sometimes i pick my mom, or people i feel fond towards, idk its just about focusing on the pineal with a positive emotion i think

honestly you could probably be meta about it and just think of your heart with gratitude for existing and it would work

And don't make assumptions, especially in regards to your source of anxiety. You might think it's cringe because of their response, but in their eyes it might not be actually cringy and you just read it wrong. I used to think some person hated me, but then I realized they just treat everyone the same way, so it's actually their issue and not mine.

I do I think I have some degree of OCD. I check to make sure the doors are locked like ten times before I go to bed every night. I think the anxiety stems from the fact that I had severe cystic acne in high school and still haven't gotten over the effect it had on my self esteem. Thats where a lot of my OCD about my diet comes from too because I believe diet played a role in the acne(it was mostly genetics though). If I accidentally eat dairy I get really stressed that I am going to breakout and I cant stop praying to God in my head begging him to not give me more acne. I am not even religious either so I don't know why I do that.

Same problem. The solution is 1) Yes, just keep doing it. 2) Learn to think positive thoughts instead of negative thoughts 3) Work hard and succeed at whatever you do

If you do these three things it will cure your anxiety. You may require medication to help get you through it though. AVOID ANTIDEPRESSANTS and use your medication sparingly! Do not abuse it! I recommend you talk to your doctor about taking adderall

Not every symptom has a physical cause. In OPs case, assuming his diet and lifestyle are correct, we can assume that his is a mental problem (without meaning to sound derogatory). He needs to practice thinking positive thoughts; half of this is training and the other half is having something to feel positive about. Do something you enjoy, work hard at it, and succeed.

You think and self-doubt too much.

if you were running an obstacle course would you be analyzing the obstacles or looking straight ahead and plowing forward?

I got rid of my anxiety with ashwagandha, took it for like 8-9 months and now I dont use it anymore

Good advice.

Hey OP, I am just like you. Yes, we think too much.

holy shit that stuff is growing all over my garden and i had no clue what it was, thanks user

lucky! but it's still quite cheap anyway considering how effective it is
examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/

do i eat the beads raw? what do i do with it?

no clue dude, I just buy the powder online, look it up I guess