Doing cardio without wanting to shoot myself

So /fit how does one do cardio and not want to kill themself?

Short interval sprints

It's called conditioning. Cardio sucks at first because your body isn't used to it. Give yourself a few months of steady practice and incremental increases and you'll be looking back at this thread and smiling at your foolishness in no time.

carry a gun with you on runs and tell yourself you'll only shoot yourself if you don't finish

Run through the ghettos

Strap on weights turn that shit into resistance training.

you don't really need to run until you feel like dying

Anyone else find they only feel good AFTER cardio?
I ran 10km today, and felt awful the entire time. Sitting down shortly after I finished, I thought about how inexplicably amazing I felt.
this better be true

The first six months after I started running were hell, but every month after that has been heaven.

>dat runner's high

This guy is correct. Cardio you really neee to get situated with, but once you hit that stride, it’s fantastic for your mind and body. My favorite cardio is swimming and running, and I feel so much at ease with swimming. Goes great with lifting to ease those muscles while still getting a great swim in.

Listen to podcasts or audio books while doing cardio. It will make it a lot less boring and easier to get through

I'm gonna recommend swimming. I swam competitively from the age of 6 years old through high school. It can be a mind numbingly depressing sport when you're doing two-a-day practices before and after school with your face underwater for 4 hours a day, but holy shit does your body feel like a God when you are in shape.

Start simple with 1500 yards of freestyle (60 laps front crawl) and work your way up from there. Take the time to learn proper butterfly form if you want a killer shoulder workout.

Can you do this while swimming?

I like jumping rope. It can be as challenging as you want and is a good way to warm up for more impact heavy cardio. I even use it before tireflips and Ive performed better

Six months? Fuck, that's a lot of commitment.

>6 months is a big commitment
harden the fuck up

>>>/soy/

How do I know that you're a dyel as well?

Commitment is the name of the game user. You can’t be fit without commitment and consistentcy.

good music
if it's still feels like a chore the music is still not good enough

listen to some epic music.
if you are fatty, use low impact machines
chase numbers, distance, time, calories burned.
if you are on a cardio machine with dashboard and you are feeling tired, tell yourself you're not going to slow down until you hit a round number on the calories, then a round number on the distance, then a nice round number on the clock. get tired, reduce resitsance/speed, go at it again. compete vs yourself rather than just saying im going to have to go for 1hour if you can't mentally do it.
or hike/travel for a long time away from your car/house so that you need to double you'd normally walk to make it back. maybe you will want to kill yourself but you still now have to make it home despite being tired

>get a mountain bike since I hate running and have had a road bike before
>go to a trail to try it out
>it's fucking difficult
>get lost on the trail because I was too much of an autist to ask for a map
>spend another 30 minutes trying to find the way back to the marked trails

Fuck cardio.

IMO machines aren't good for beginners because it's easy to get bored/discouraged in a gym and just throw in the towel. As you said, going outside is better. There's more stimulation so you don't get psychologically fatigued as easy.

i was out of shape but still trying to play sports like i did in my youth, so it motivated me to try the machines on off days, so there was a reason to persevere through the boredom

but chasing the numbers on the screen really help me not be bored. starting to need a rest? up resistance and go hard for next 30seconds before dropping the resistance below your average setting for breather until you are ready to go back to the average setting. I know the calorie counter isn't accurate, but its just a number on the screen - i learn that i usually hit 100cals at x minutes. the next time i go i can try and hit 100 cals at x - 30seconds. things like that keep me entertained/focused.
also music, and staring at thots

Just do less intense cardio. Daily walks will have a better impact on your health and longevity than intense cardio sessions three times per week.

keep track of your heart rate. running between 158-165 is key. just do that and don't worry about speed. it really isn't that fast and you won't feel all that bad. eventually though, your speed will improve. it's all about heart rate.

Kettlebells worked for me - make sure that you find a solid teacher though