Anyone sprinter here ?

anyone sprinter here ?

what was your starting 100 m time and how much you improved since then, also post routine

5 seconds at the age of 2 lol bitch ass human, you hairless pussies shouldnt even be called predators

kek

I didn't know there were others who trained sprints while on this shithole. Thought I was the only one.

First one ever around 11.8 or something. Ended around 10.8 4 years later my senior year

you 11.8 was without training ? base sprint

how you trained to get a 10.8 how fast are you now

Yeah, senior year of high school untrained (well like 3 weeks) I ran the 11.8 and 10.8 senior year of college. Wasn't really a 100 runner tho, focused/trained more for the 200.

Haven't done sprints since my last meet ~2 years ago so probably slower. And it was like 4 years of sprint/lifting training, but generally tons of lifting to help your drive phase, form and sprint stamina for the rest of it. I don't have a set training schedule we did tho off hand. Tons of 150, 200 and 250 training tho

11.8 100 m sprint at age 14-15 is gifted as fuck why didnt you continue training ?

a 10.8 at 18 is great as well, many elite sprinters were in the 10 range as well as that age

do you remember how much were you squating hip thrusting and deadlifting at that time ?

also whats your bw ?

are you stronger now ?

i think you should get back bro

He was 17-18 he said sr year of Hs

I guess to elaborate on this a general week if I remember correctly would be like

M: Longer sprints. 200, 250, 300 scaling up. The 200 pace would be 30s and scaled from there
T: 8x200. 27-28s pace
W: 50 flies and 100s. Probably 13-14ish seconds. Focusing on the drive phase and opening up
Th: form work
F: stretch and block work
Sat/Sun: meets

but he mentioned the 4 years thing and got confused when he started with 11.8 seconds

Nah I was 11.8 at 18 and 10.8 at 22. And I know it was well, I made a run for nationals for my 200 in college my senior year.

Senior year of college (22 y/o) I was squatting 375 max, 420 deadlift, didn't ever max hip thrusting we did different hip work besides lifting. Weighed around 160-165 pretty low body fat.

Definitely stronger now (not too much lower body but was stronger upper body) but also heavier, so it would probably hinder my speed now

how were your lifts like at that time ?

Not too much stronger lower body, but way stronger upper body currently*

ohh i got it now, well you were pretty pretty strong for your size, did you ever do nordic curls ? or hip thrusts in wich rep range

did you find improving your vertical jump crucial for your sprinting speed ?

Nordic curls yeah, but it was more accessory work and I don't remember the exact reps etc., hated those.

It sounds like a meme, but during season we almost did a variation of SS 3 days a week with a lot of added accessory work cuz you have to avoid overtraining too much. Off season we lifted 4-5 days a week.

why you hated the nordic curls ?

Pylometrics, did you find them usefull ? and high rep training

Not much of a sprinter more a long distance type. I was starting attack varsity lacrosse; I can run a mile in about 5 minutes which is pretty fucking good for a guy my size

how big are you ?

i remember when i used to play rugby we would do so much long distance work i hated it

Didn't really ever test my vertical seriously, but yeah it kinda just generally improved as my lifting improved.

I just didn't like them, my hamstrings weren't the strongest and gave me issues occasionally. Plyometrics definitely help, we did those a lot during pre season.

I weighed 160 during hs lax season, 15% bf at 5,11”. Now I’m 185 22% bf and I can still kill the mile. Just finished a mile in 6 minutes with medium effort

i heard hamstring curls are very hard on the knees

i forgot to ask your height

once you get cut again you will be faster

6'0

also had a long stride. That helps

yep, being flexible improves stride lenght and speed ?

also have you ever counted how many strided it took you from 0 to 100 m ? most sprinters are between 44-50

Nah I didn't for the full run. We did some step calculations during the season periodically for our drive phase, but don't remember much about it

oh ok, being flexible/unflexible affects running stride/ speed ?

this my last ask

Lol all good man.

Definitely though. If you're more flexible you'll be able to get more knee drive out of your stride, which is huge

thats in the drive phase right ? i always thought you needed flexible hammies for the top speed

Nah, It might not be the right term, but I'm referring to once you've opened up and you're in full stride. Getting your knee up to drive through your run and cycling through instead of kicking your legs back like most people do