Recommend a bench

Take a break from shitposting mirin' and onion threads and help another faggot out.

Looking for a bench. Currently using 4 cinderblocks and 2 thick pieces of wood. Open to suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072V56Q51?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd
titan.fitness/flat-bench-1-000-lb-capacity.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nigga just do calisthenics

I do both. This thread is about finding a bench.

i think you should buy a bench

I found a good one on Craigslist for $75 that also has the built-in squat stand things. I'd start there, based on you sounding broke.

You lift in a rack or a cage?
Rogue Flat Utility is a nice, basic, solid product.

Hence the thread

I was just being cheap. I'm open to suggestions, as long as it's not like $1000 or something equally insane

I have a cage with safety pins. I'll check out the rogue bench

I have an Olympic bench for sale $100...solid piece of equipment

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072V56Q51?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

I've had it a few months and it's been solid. Hasn't slipped on bare concrete and the pad grips pretty well benching in tshirts.

have you thought about buying a bench though? i think you should at this point

>I have a solid PIECE of EQUIPMENT for you too, user...

Just looking for brand suggestions, experiences, etc. Thanks anyway though.

the thompson fat pad

seconding this i love mine

i'm 6'3" bigboy and i have trouble finding benches wide enough for my shoulders, the rogue bench is wide enough

Rep Fitness has 3 nice benches... $179 to $299

It has crossed my mind. Then it crossed my mind again, then again. Made a series of triangles.

I don't know where I'm going with this. But thanks anyway.

Do you have the rep fitness flat bench? How soft is the padding?

I've been benching on wood for so long, so the bench has to be pretty hard.

How hard is the pad

Interesting. Thanks user

9spoiler) repped (/spoiler9

It looks like a good bench. I like the welding on it.

How hard is the padding? I've been benching on wood for a long time.

Y-you can sit on my lap and do shoulder presses, user.

I'll be your bench

why do some benches have those bars to tuck your feet under? i hate when all the normal benches are gone and im trying to db bench with these things putting off my feet placement.

do sit up on decline bench when tired?

Kill me.

Thanks for the Rogue utility bench recommendation guys. I'll have to research the hardness of their padding, but it looks like a good product.

On a side note, I hate the fucking frog posters.

Thanks again guise

The frogposting is all one person (me) and I happen to think it's pretty funny.

OP here. Some people like to do ab work with benches, it's sort of popular. Ymmv

Recommend a bench.

I don't know anything about buying benches, alright? I'm not part of the homegym master race. I go to a community gym with the plebs. All I have are my memes.

Yeah go ahead and get a bench

Not soft and cushy, but softer than wood.
Solid.
Like a floor with padded carpet or a bicycle seat.

>A floor with padded carpet

I guess this is as close as I'm gonna get, save for a concrete slab covered in leather.

The welding looks good, so I'm sure weight capacity won't be an issue.

titan.fitness/flat-bench-1-000-lb-capacity.html this is comparable if not better than the rep fitness 1k bench and way cheaper. Titan fitness shit is best garage gym shit. Ywc.

/thread

I built my own bench over a decade ago. I built it out of 2x12 lumber.

It has a 2x12 deck, and then a 2x12 vertical spine under that deck, like an I-beam, running the full length.

Under the shoulders/neck area, it has 6 short pieces of 2x12 running vertically supporting the shoulders, and it has threaded rod through- bolted through all 7 layers, and tensioned on both ends with washers and fastening plates so it cannot pull through the wood.

Both ends of the bench rest on 2x12x24 ground-contact peices.

Using conservative estimates for the strength of 2x12 soft pine, i calculated a working load well in excess of 2000 lbs.

I intentionally made the bench height a bit shorter than normal, so I could remove and replace the top if I ever needed to.

You can buy foam and vinyl at a fabric store and put a covered bad on it if you want. I just bench on the bare wood, or sometimes lay a towel on it.

I built it because I couldn't find anything that I thought was well built enough.

Seconding this.

Screencapped.
I welded my rack...not looking for another project anytime soon, but I do have a couple ideas for an adjustable bench. I'll keep your specs in mind. Thanks.

Forza

/thread