Should I go vegan or is it a meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=AdCQaOiyRsI

Other urls found in this thread:

cancermonthly.com/inp/view.asp?ID=228
youtu.be/hJAKWQ6dDpQ
dailymotion.com/video/x2zuhks
youtu.be/BrlBSuuy50Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I went vegetarian for a month, then forgot. It wasn't that bad, I got better at making different foods like Greek pasta salads and stirfry with rice.

If you have to ask, then no. Being a vegan is only successful if you have a strong moral reason to do it.

No, it's not. I have intolerances to meat and poultry, bulking on beans and plant-based protein is a pain in the ass

>I meant to type, being vegan is not worth it. Enjoy your privilege

If you hunt or know someone that hunts, then get some real meat that way, otherwise youre better off eating rice and shit.

Ayahuasca changed my life, and after drinking it, I became a vegetarian. Will transition to veganism shortly, desu.

I realized that I had a moral duty to protect the planet and stop suffering. Changing my diet is a logical step towards these goals.

If you like cancer, impotence and heart attacks, stay a meat eater. If you want health, become vegan.

It's a meme, you will spend your life eating beans and nuts and nothing else in order to get your daily protein. On a note that people don't talk about much if you go vegan be prepared to get new friends.Very few restaurants put any effort into putting together a vegan menu and your friends will only adjust their meetings so much to accommodate you.

This tbhfam. I had to stop dating a hottie because I was a vegan at the time and going to restaurants with her was a nightmare and she thought I was a pissy for not eating meat and dairy.

Spoiler: I was a pussy. Veganisms for faggots who want to convince themselves they're making a difference by joining a pseudo religion. Just join an actual religion instead.

kek

you're just a straight up pussy

yes you should if you don't want to die prematurely

>posts a 5/10 roastie

Boy you sure showed me!

>may

How do you explain cancer rates being almost non existent amongst traditional Eskimo people when their diets are almost entirely meat based then faggot?

It's a meme and it's not actually good for your health if you're trying to be athletic and gain muscle. Disregard it.

that you're an idiot making an overtly false claim

This. Used to eat moose meat in Norway, none of that hormone-injected supermarket shit and it's delicious. Find someone who hunts and buy quality meat off of them. I personally went vegan because of all the shit that's in meat and oil, all highly-inflammatory etc., there's a reason we're in the midst of an obesity crisis. Then again, if we lived in simpler times were not all grain was bleached and meat was still healthy and not either full of hormones or plastic (in the case of fish), I would not be a vegan either. Being a vegan for moral reasons make you a massive faggot, and Plato agrees.

"50% of Americans are obese. You know what obese means, right? Fat as a motherfucker. All these other countries, nobody's fat. Think about that shit, dawg. How does a motherfucker get fat? You gotta sit on a couch, do nothing but eat and watch TV all day. White trash, poor Mexicans and blacks… All obese as motherfuckers. See, the white man has created a system with so much excess that even poor motherfuckers are fat."

>none of them those cancers are linked to meat consumption

Except their cancer rates have been rising as their diet becomes LESS traditional (ie. almost 100% meat based).

cancermonthly.com/inp/view.asp?ID=228

You should atleast give it a shot. I did it an year ago as an experiment and never looked back

Reminder that meat makes you smell like shit

This is true desu, I noticed it that change once I stopped eating meat. Same goes for poops and poon.

No, you can also do it because of environmental and health reasons.

Yes, go vegan. If you're not fully convinced watch one of these to motivate you to change.

HEALTH:
youtu.be/hJAKWQ6dDpQ
ENVIRONMENT:
dailymotion.com/video/x2zuhks
ETHICS:
youtu.be/BrlBSuuy50Y

How can I explain to my delusional vegan partner that he
> might be healthier than Amerifats who eat meat and sit on the couch
> he is not healthier than Amerifats who actually work out
> or Japanese who eat fish but are lean and walk everywhere?
He's a junk food vegan who overeats, can't carry 30 lbs while walking, struggles to keep it up during sex but believes that carbs are the only way to build muscle and eating meat is like binge drinking and smoking at the same time. How do I break it to him that he's retarded?

>environmental and health
These are both moral arguments, dumbshit

>health is a moral argument

Tell him to go whole food plant based if he wants to get healthy.

Not that guy, but yea it obviously doesn't have to be but it can be.

I'm completely unrelated to this conversation, but I'm pretty sure health can never be a moral argument.

Just off the top of my head I can come up with several moral reasons for being healthy.

1. It makes you more capable of assisting your fellow man in need.

2. You cost your society less money in terms of healthcare.

3. You set an example for your peers and children that will help them avoid unnecessary suffering.

4. Being healthy will remove one of the main sources of pain, anxiety and general suffering in life, leading to you being more likely to have a good temper, making you kinder to others.

Yes
Just be vegan OP

go vegetarian first then transition to vegan later on. trying to to go vegan right away is too difficult and you'll likely just abandon while going vegetarian is easy as fuck.
think of the animals user, being tortured and slaughtered even though it's easy to have a good diet without any meat.
good luck bruh, make a good impact in the world, karma will pay you back

Vs the average American shit diet.

Sure go vegan and die frail and weak. Yes yes yes I know you will point out some body builder or power lifter, but they are the freaks not the average.

I am sure you are accounting for the move away from traditional diet right? Right?

nah you're still a pussy dude, nothing to do with veganism

This

And lose your pener user...

If anything that would make it worse because the most common cause of ED is clogging of the blood vessels that supply the penis with blood, veganism can reverse this clogging and prevent its build up by lowering your cholesterol.

>vegan to be healthy
>pasta
the ultimate form of soyboys

sure, manlet

lowtest bros actually believe this

you are low test

Going vegan is difficult and requires a lot of special attention to your diet so that you get proper nutrition. Also if you're going to go full retard, die hard vegans get tattoos with vegan ink, use products with bees wax, glues made from hoofs, brushes with boars hair, leather anything, ect. It becomes a pissing contest of who's the most vegan.

Go pescatarian. It's vegetatianism with fish. Won't really have to worry about meeting nutrition goals, most sea animals are less evolved and may not even be able to feel pain, if you care about that sort of thing. It doesn't limit your diet nearly as much as veganism does. You can basically make any meat based food with a seafood substitution.

yeh try vego first
generally you can't bulk up to the same extend with vegan diet, but you'll look shredded quicker coz you consume less fat.
if you do go full vegan you'll need b12, and most likely iron supplements. its not like you'll need them everyday, for the rest of your life, but you'll probably need to take them at times if your becoming anaemia.
On the plus side, not having dairy gets rid of any and all sinus issues. and not eating meats and cheese you almost never get constipated or feel weighed down by your food.

>these studies are what I have been saying all along!

ostrovegan is an option (vegans with oysters, insentient seafood etc. )

you don't really need an iron supplement, maybe calcium if you're lazy.

yeh maybe, but it all depends on your diet/lifestyle. if your not sure, or feeling a little average you can have your bloods taken to see whats up

citation on Plato pls?

I'm a vegan at home but at restaurants I'll bite the bullet and eat dairy/eggs if I have to.

lol if your girlfriend doesn't start mirroring your opinions/views after a while you're a pussy.

the next step is convincing other people to go vegan and the best way to do that would be not to sound like a massive faggot

Get new friends? what the shit. thats a pretty bad friend if they can't deal with what you eat. unless of course your a vegan who proselytise's and treats people like shit for eating meat etc. then nothing changes, except you might go hungry at a party every now and again

lol at least you realize you were a pussy. I'm glad I don't have to tell you you had it all wrong

been gone for a while, when did veganism become a meme on Veeky Forums

The environmental thing really stops at vegetarianism. Things like cheese and milk and renewable resources that can be contained without causing a massive impact, whereas the health thing is total bullshit. A vegan diet is so much harder to maintain than a vegetarian one, and a vegetarian diet isn't easy to maintain in the first place.

Nah just do research on grocers' suppliers. Or better yet, go find your local butcher and buy local.

> All these other countries, nobody's fat.
Doesn't the UK have a worse obesity problem than the US does? America's not the only country in the world with a mild obesity issue.

>smoking
>vegan

this concept just confuses me. Who the fuck goes vegan and still smokes?

I'm not really one for the vegan thing, but if you do go for the Vegan+Seafood diet just make sure to look at whatever fish isn't being overfished. That aquarium from Monterrey puts out a list every year of fish that are thriving and healthy population, thus okay to binge on, and fish that have low populations that should be avoided.

None of these studies account for a decent diet.
All of these studies consider a hamburger at McDonalds the same as one prepared at home.
There is no proof that a proper omnivorous diet is worse than a vegan diet for your health.
If you're going to convert to veganism do it for moral reasons.
>can't even raise a child on a vegan diet

>be vegan
>friends think it's a fun excuse to try new restaurants
>keep an eye on restaurants that cater to meat eaters, and talk to friends about those
>they think it's great that I'm not preachy
>when they want meat-based food, I either pre-eat and get a salad or ask if we can go to multiple places
Veganism with omni friends is comfy AF. Also, people who struggle to meet protein macros need to do more cardio

Funny how when you live past age 30, your cancer risk goes up

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLINS
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLINS
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLINS
NO GAINS HERE FOR YOU

RATTLE ON HUNGRY SKELETONS
NO POUND OF FLESH FOR YOU

SCUTTLE AWAY LYING SPIDERS
NO FLYS TO CATCH TODAY

WISE ANONS MARK YOURSELF THRICE TO KEEP EVIL AT BAY

>environmental
>probably lives in non-tropical area
>durr lets import a bunch of vegetables and fruit that don't grow here via planes and trucks
>WERE SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT YOU MEAT EATING SAVAGES

>replaces meat with fruits and vegetables

yeah nah that's not what happens

Why don't you do the math on environmental impact of importing fruit and vegetables against raising livestock
Hint: importing food that doesn't breathe has a lower impact.

Those people are already eating shit like corn sugar grains a lot

Do you live in California? You've got some special friends because I would NEVER break bread with a person who doesn't then eat the bread with me

>pasta is not healthy

Provide reasons

no. You should however heavily reduce meat consumption if you are like everyone else. Eat only organic grass fed(beef and lamb are better than chicken and pork because of omega 6 vs 3 profile) and try to eat fish once a week. Probably best if you eat meat in around 10-20% ratio to other food.
Nuts, salad vegetables, a few fruits for vitamins and minerals. Add in some eggs and milk derivatives and you've got a balanced diet

Actually that's exactly what the Adventist health studies did.

this right here

> eating lamb
> eating the body of a young fluffy animal who never got the chance to live
fuck off meatcuck

I've never taken any stock in the argument for vegetarianism upon the moral side. It always seemed to me that humans have a right to eat meat, if meat is necessary for their best development, either physical or mental. I have never had any sympathy with that " humanitarianism" which tells us that it is our duty to regard pigs and chickens as our brothers. Domestic animals survive solely on this earth because of the protection of man, and for the sake of the benefits they bring to him. If it is necessary to human health and well being to slaughter a cow rather than to wait and let her die of old age and lingering disease, it seems to me that nothing but mawkish sentimentality would protest.

Estrogen in foods causing issues is a myth. Go vegetarian or vegan.

you're just jealous, aren't ya?

> it is necessary to human health and well being to slaughter a cow rather than to wait and let her die of old age and lingering disease
what about the lamb though? you do realize that a lamb is just a sheep that's less than a 1 year old? if you're gonna eat meat, at the very fucking least eat animals that have lived a long life in a local farm where they live in good conditions. eating corpses of babies is just low