Mountainbike general- Superior Cardio Edition

If you cant bike 20 miles in rough terrain on mountainbike in less than an hour you are by no means at all a fit person, and you literally cannot dispute this fact.

I bet you none of you faggots actually perform this exciting sport, but i wonder why? It has everything in it.

>A rush of adrenaline
>Meditation trough challenging sport in interaction with mother nature
>The exploration of new territory, the endless opportunities to travel the world discovering new tracks
>A steel crunching non-stop compound muscle exercise that hits your every muscle in your body
>A calorie burn of 2000 calories in one ride.
>Best exercise for your heart
>Will literally add years to your life
>Blood circulation improves drastically if done often
>Better skin from increased blood flow
>Ability to outrun most people
>Becomes increasingly more fun as you become better
>Great combination of fun and hard work
>Requires and produces mental toughness because once you are 10 miles out, you have to ride the remaining 10 miles to get home, so no easy skipping
>Getting home tired as fuck, laying down and then having that first ice cold sip of the day. Pure GOAT

>Biking kills gains

Have you ever seen the legs on a professional road cyclist? They purposefully run a calorie deficit diet to cut off unnecessary weight from the upper body muscles which they dont need to be good cyclist. Now, working out your upper body combined with mountainbiking or roadcycling is the most fun you will ever have while going full greek statue mode.

Truly the patrician choice

Come at me, betas. Post your bike if you are part of the master race.

Also to add;
>Mountain biking increases IQ and brain power from its cardio-respiratory fitness activity, leading to an improvement of up to 15% of mental tests (Illinois University)
>Low impact meaning less stress on your joints
>50% less risk from heart attack and heart issues
>Amazing sleep
>Great social activity

Weak. Jump, you pussy.

Vehement self-bump

I've considered getting into biking, but I never learned as a kid.

So, as 20-something, what is a good beginner bike, and what is the best way to learn how to ride on one's own?

just put your feet on the peddle and go for it bro

Used to ride a lot in my youth. Buncha north shore shit. Took a trip up to Whister four years ago and rode for the first time in probably a decade and managed to get back into it.

Too fuckin expensive tho man. And after eating tree so many times, you kinda want to do something not as stupid.

Yeah, maybe for my son, I actually like riding more than 15 mph.

MTB is for skinnyfat middle-aged men with desk jobs.

>Low impact meaning less stress on your joints

What kind of pussy bullshit are you doing mate jesus fuck?

It's just occurred to me you're some jackass who rides on park trails and is using "mountainbiking" the same way I see dickheads call themselves powerlifters when they've been on SS for three weeks.

You and your son can both race. I clock about 30mph at some tracks.

I shoulda fuckin known by the bullshit bike posted in the OP

>softtail bullshit

Now THIS is podracing

Anything that gets people outside and active

t. hypocritical office worker

Do you not comprehend that I also workout 5 times a week in the gym?

WTF does that have to do with you pretending that your little sojourns on manicured gravel path are to be considered mountain biking?

Pic related is fucking mountain biking

I'm just fucking with you, btw. Nothing wrong with MTB.

t. BMX bro

Have I provided enough detail of my riding type for you to make that assumption?

Cool user. That's my bike. Got it a few weeks ago.

Yeah you fucking dickhead you said it was low fuckin impact which if you're doing it right, it most certainly is not.

He's riding soft tail downhill, not trials. Even my BMX racing is low impact until a crash. Nearly all of the skill in riding is about being as smooth as possible to be as fast as possible.

He's fuckin' doing cross country pussy bullshit at best.

And my man, your BMX is not low impact. You're gonna end up like me with knees and wrists that sound like a fucking gravel mixer. It's a sick sport, and I was always jelly of how tough you suspension free lads and lasses were, but damn man don't lie to yrself ur joints is fuckd

>He needs full suspension

Are you from B.C?

See this guy fuckin gets it.

Surprised to see a MTB thread lol wtf are u doing
>finally recover from broken collarbone
>cant ride bc of harvey
>trails closed for so long
>it keeps fucking raining

I have some permanent injuries from crashing, one nearly killed me... no joint problems from riding though and no permanent crash injuries which I can't compensate for through stretching and strength training. When you get really good at racing, there is zero impact unless you're crashing. Even still, the crashes aren't repetitive impacts which give you joint problems. It's very different from MTB because we ride the same shit over and over again and build muscle memory to get through technical sections extremely smooth. Any impact at all means you're losing speed and probably losing the race.

That's the fucking worst. I broke my left collar bone and then went down on it again two years later and ripped the tendons off of it. 10 years later, it's really fucking up my OHP. I hit 2 plates but then it's awful ducking pain the next couple days.
t. BMX bro

Yeah I guess the track is pretty smooth. Don't be surprised if you get knee problems later tho mate; I'm hoping you don't - they suck.

m8 is that picture you?

don't you have collarbones to break

BMX seems like the skateboarding of cycling to me though. Like I am more into going really heavy on a ascending and technical passes and then a rapid descend with speeds around 65-70.

Ive ruined dozens of back wheels due to hard impacts from jumps and bumps at high speed. Suspension solves that issue, while its only insignificantly slower than a hardtail.

>Long distance cardio of any kind
>superior
choose one

Yep

Buy a cheap bike to start off with.
Like, really cheap. The first month or two you might not be used to it yet and keep dropping it.
Also, cheap so you don't get scared to jump off it if need be. Make sure the breaks works.TRUST ME ON THAT ONE.
after about a few feet you'll see you can balance yourself on it, for some reason it really comes naturally to balance on a bike.
Then learn how to use your brakes, front and back. How much pressure can be applied before the tire locks, how your front-back balance affects the braking.
You'll get the hang of it pretty quick. Also get some shin pads if you wanna do challenging stuff like jumps and shit;.
There are combo knee+shin pads for biking.
And don't forget to enjoy it. It really is enjoyable.