Did getting fit help your depression?

is finding a relationship easier now?

Been in a relationship for 10 years SK can't answer that.
But I've been prescribed every pill doctor shekelberg could sell me and the only thing that keeps depression and anxiety at bay for me is lifting. I miss the gym for a few days when sick or whatever and it all comes back quite easily.
Frequent exercise is the greatest medication I've been given

Are these two separate questions or one in the same?
Lifting will not cure your depression but at least you will be swole and sad.
Getting in a relationship will never ease your depression and if anything will amplify it

No and no

I wasn't depressed when i started

oh okay.

thanks.

thread over now.

Yes and no. I started lifting for my ex girl cause I wanted her to have someone better looking than what I was, but considering I managed to get a girl when I was skinnyfat in the first place means that muscles are just gonna be a side thing of mine, not who I am. Lifting though is great it's the only time of the day I don't wanna kms

No. still an autistic awkward nigger who can't talk to girls.

agreed

The thing that really ended my depression was having a schedule; getting up at 6am every morning and leaving the house to do something before 9am

Getting rid of that idleness really helps

>did getting fit help your depression
No, but being depressed helped me get fit,

>is finding a relationship easier now?
It actually became harder since most women assume you are promiscuous once you make it, much easier to get laid though.

this, I found depression is caused by thinking/being in your head too much. I feel my normal mental state is a lot higher than it was before I started scheduling my day.

How do you anons deal with anxiety/depression? I was having an anxiety attack a couple hours ago but was trying to power through without my meds. One of the worst feelings in my life. It feels like I just want to shout as loud as I can while having a voice at the back of my head just telling me to end it. Managed to get through it by taking deep breaths and calming myself forcing myself not to overthink but fuck is it hard.

>not making mental gains by taking care of yourself
>cares only about relationship
>mfw

Breathing exercises, mostly. There's one that's very easy to do, you just purse your lips and exhale through that.

I'm a bit of a religious person so I use prayer.

>is finding a relationship easier now?
DELET

>there are people in this thread right now who don't utilise the single most effective method of self-reflection

actually getting regular exercise helps with mild depression.

I don't even follow any religion, I do however pray to however is listening erryday

it's one of the most important things that has helped me get out of it

depression, that is
finding a relationship is easier now, yes

It always sucks, I'm just got lucky enough to get pills that make it so it only sucks every 3 days or so.

Unironicaly LSD is the best answer for depression as it resets your brain

Only temporary

How are these two things related? I know two girls that would get into a relationship with me, but i dont want to, cause i need to figure some shit out before i can open up to someone else.

This may sound cheesy or even autistic, but i cant expect anyone to love me, if i cant even love myself...

So i keep lifting, i will work for my masters degree, and when im confident enough with myself only then will i be ready for something serious...

helps give you a leg up, but the key to depression is fixing the pieces of your life that trigger it. If you just get Veeky Forums and dont address any other problems in your life youll initially feel a real big boost. You'll be seeing all these great noob gains and youll think youre really making a difference. When the noob gains go away you better be ready to face your real problems and man up or you'll just be another suicidal dad bod.

Yes.