Most effective way to hit 1 pl8

In squats and bench. How often and for how many sets and reps per set should I do each to hit 1 pl8 as fast as possible?

At the beginner level, the timeframe is going to be so short anyway that you'll hardly be able to influence it beyond just eating and sleeping well. Just go to the gym and lift properly and try to progress linearly. You'll get there in no time.

Thank you, any thing with regards to how many times per week/per set/reps?

READ THE STICKY

Read the sticky, you newfag piece of filth

Can't you just answer the question? You don't honestly expect me to read an entire article that 99.9% has nothing to do with this specific question.

I just want to know is it better to squat and bench every other day or take longer rests and lift heavier, again, the questions is speed. Also for how many sets and reps for fastest progress.

I need to be able to squat and bench about 1.5 pl8s within 3 months from now for 6-10 reps.
Currently i bench around 0.66 pl8s, same with squats.

literally kill yourself you weakling

>BBBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

sorry i always wanted to do that

>You don't honestly expect me to read an entire article that 99.9% has nothing to do with this specific question.

this is your problem

u should probably already be able to squat 1 pl8 the first time you step into the squat rack, 1 pl8 bench took me about a month of proper training

Do you even know what's in the sticky? How is that any help to this question?

CONTENTS
PART I: OPENING Q&A AND GENERAL MYTH-BUSTING
PART II: MINDSET
PART III: DIET
PART IV: EXERCISE
PART V: MEASURING PROGRESS
PART VI: MORE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
PART VII: THANKS

How does any of these parts help? Where should I look for the answer?

Seriously, just fucking answer the question. Why is this board filled with angry kids I'll never know

This is exactly why you won't make it. This generation is so used to google it won't commit to reading an extra couple of minutes to find out their answer and in the process gain some additional knowledge in the subject they are interested in.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

You think she posted this on Facebook?

>this guy can't even start out with 1 pl8
these fucking dyels I swear. Lift, eat, sleep. you'll make it real quick if you can stick with it.

Thank you, how many times did you bench per week to get there?

you have to bench every day. use your one rep max and do it once not including warm-up.

1 x 1 + warm up

thank you wise user, how about answering the goddamn question now?

(I read the sticky, more than once, and I'm not an absolute beginner. I just want to be able to hit these numbers cause passing a course depends on it. Also probably from an older generation than you, thanks)

1) be a male
2) do 2 weeks of starting strength
End of list

Alternate 4x6 and 6x2 every other day

are u a hot girl?

No

Edit: Yes

see

OP revealed to be a massive faggot.

>PART IV: EXERCISE

HOW DOES A SECTION ABOUT EXERCISE ANSWER MY EXERCISE QUESTION

>5 reps
>5 sets
>3 times a week

A = Squats
B = Bench
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Add 5lbs to the bar every week. And read the fucking sticky you lazy twat

you will not make progress doing it this way OP

This is not a speed game its a time under tension long game.

Most able bodied people should be able Squat 1P8 or 135 with 3 to 9 months training or if they are even remotely fit.

A 1P8 bench could take a significant amount of time.

google: exrx strength standards

thank you very much!

thank you very much too!

that user is not me but is right

If the diet and rest is on point, yes he will

Bench and squat 2x a week. Don't just do 5x5. Switch up rep ranges.

thank you, much appreciated

The most effective way to get to 1pl8 in these movements is negative overloads. Put your bodyweight on the bar and slowly lower it. Reset and do this five more times.

this should be a bannable offence

Based brapbros.

Not gonna make it

(user was banned for this post)

Please

If you're male and can't bench lmao1pl8 in your first day at the gym then obvious choice is rerolling for different genetics

t. fatass

Depending on age, height, sex and weight 1 plate can be a joke or a life ling accomplishment.

People like you sadly are what rules fitness discussions and frankly are unhelpful.

Yea you’ll never make it

>at least 2 times a week of 5x5
>weekly/biweekly 1 RM attempts
>followed by volume training

If you can't 1rm 1 plate bench/squat in your first day you're a soyman genetic failure

Never gonna make it

>I'm not an absolute beginner
>Currently i bench around 0.66 pl8s

thanks

>i CAN'T REAAADD

>and I'm not an absolute beginner.
>Can't squat 1pl8

SS + GOMAD

stronglifts or starting strength nigger

You're too retarded to hit a plate

>i was born in the wrong generation

pretty much this

thank you all, much appreciated

I'm spooked

bench and squat 2x a week with 48 hours between those 2 times. So monday and thursday do chest. figure out your one rep max and do 50% for 12, 60% for 9, 70% for 5, 80% for 3, 90% for as many as you can get. Use however many you get at 90% to calculate your new one rep max. It won't go up every week, so don't fucking cry about it. Keep grinding and you'll make gainz. Don't expect to be arnold in a month

And don't slack on the form. If you're lifting with bad form you should give up because you're just gonna hurt yourself

Follow the program™

He's not doing the program.

Yes I know and that's the problem

I hit today 1pl8 in bench, unfortunately i couldn't finish the last set.

FUCK YOU! UFKC YOUU! FUUCK YOU!

most effective way is to aim for 2pl8 instead

then youll plateau somewhere between 1 and 2

Sage-Checking