Is it worth getting contact lenses?

I read too many horror stories that it can slip up under your eyelid or you can get infection....
What do you guys think?

I changed to contacts because of soyboys.

it slipped under my eyelid like million times and nothing happened and if you're not dirty you wont get infection

but if you live in very moist and hot conditions(and i mean extreme) dont get them because bacteria will eat your retina

laser surgery is also an option but it will probably fuck your night driving ability

My lenses slip under the lids when I run my eyes too much
Not a problem at all, you find a mirror and pull it back down slowly
The most satisfying feeling when you get it back

I had laser surgery done 5 years ago. Can definitely recommend it. Lenses always seemed like a hassle to me, so it was well worth the cost.

You've heard horror stories about contact s? This is how I know you fags just make all types of things up on the spot for your (you)'s.
I have literally lost a contact inside my eye for a whole day. There was just some minimal discomfort and I didn't even notice it. The thing popped out from the inside of my eyeball after several hours of me not noticing. Its impossible for a contact to get lost too.
I've left my shit in for months at a time before, no infections, no irritation, no discomfort.

I tried contacts a few years ago but I was not comfortable with them so stuck to glasses. Only recently started to wear them again due to work and it being impractical to wear glasses.
So far I use daily’s and use them at all ours of the day depending on what shift I’m doing and for long periods of time. They are such an improvement on glasses. You don’t get a sort of blur or loss of focus around the edges like you do with glasses. True, they can slip in the eye. Only had it once moveto where my tear ducts was but that was due to being tired and rubbing my eyes. Getting them in and out is easy but you need to make sure if you get dry eyes (I do sometimes with air conditioning) that you have drops to moisten them back up. Once or twice I’ve being removing a contact lens and it’s split or crumbled in my fingers. That’s been a nightmare to get the remaining pieces out. As for infections, as long as you wash your hands and face before putting them in and use a clean cotton handkerchief to wipe off any fluff from your fingers your good to go.

Get them user, they are well worth it

I prefer lenses over glasses because you feel much better (you have a better view), 90% if not more of the time you will look better, and it will make your life easier. And i have never had any problems with them.

I've had contacts for about 2 years, they have only slid under once when I got something in them and was rubbing really hard.

But but but you are still a soyboy.
Fucking weak faggot.

vision insurance per year $300
dr visit for glasses $100/yr
glasses $100
contacts (good ones) $90/6 months

lasik surgery: 2k and lasts 7-12 years

do with this information what you will

Changed my life desu. I used to worry, now don't worry enough. I wear monthlys and never take em out, no issues so far

i asked my gf to change to contact lenses and damn its perfect now

Contacts can indeed end up under your eyelids, happenes fairly often when you apply them like a noob. It's not hard to get them out though.

>contacts (good ones) $90/6 months
Try £300/6 months (if I wore them every day)

Lmao at those numbers. Are you American or something? Do you pay for blinking over there too?

wait, wait, wait. It slipped under your eye lid and then what? Did you get it back out??

I wear contacts almost daily but I do get some discomfort and irritation from them. I don't understand how can people wear them all the time.

You only get an infection if you're a fucking idiot.

Literally just clean and store them in contact lens fluid.

My vision insurance is like $60 a year, no copay and I get a $150 a year allowance for glasses. Get a better job

ive had contacts for over 10 years and only had them slip out of place once when i rubbed my eye too hard.
they were difficult to get used to for the first couple of weeks but since then i have never had a problem. keep them clean and you are good to go

Your eye is a closed socket, despite what you hear its impossible for anything to slip behind your eye. At most, your contact can roll up and kinda get stuck behind an eyelid, but its easy enough to get out.

Not that user but it's happened to me before too. I just had to keep rubbing my eye on the spot I thought it slid and it came out

Also you only have to worry about this if the contact lenses are really old and they start to get blurry. Aside from that the only times I did get rekt having contacts was when I touched something spicy and put on my contacts

Ive worn contacts for 12 years and have had zero issues. Just follow precautions and don't be an idiot.

Worn contacts for ~18 years, never had any bad experiences like that. Worst I've had is falling asleep with them, and then having dry eyes when I wake up. Also I wear them like 16 hours a day 7 days a week

currently 25 and have been wearing the same brand of contacts since i was 11, ones you replace every 2 weeks. the only real issues you have to deal with contacts is yeah, occasionally,very rarely (unless youre always rubbing your eyes) you get the problem where your contact kinda gets "lost" somewhere above/below your eye and it can take even up to 10 minutes of blinking and waiting around before it slips out, its uncomfortable but not terrible. also sometimes by the end of the day your eyes can get dry but you can use eye drops (i dont)

i honestly dont even remember what wearing glasses daily is like. i can probably count on one hand the number of days the past 11 years ive worn glasses for the entire day. i just have a shitty pair i wear for a few minutes in the morning/at night and im basically blind too (-8 in both eyes)

thats good to hear. Either way fuck that shit I'm glad I don't have that problem

>t 5'7

The only way to get an infection is to not wash your hands

Just wear glasses. Why bother with a disposable solution when you could buy 1 pair of glasses and just wear them?

because you can't do a lot of activities in glasees, so it's more convenient and also it looks like you don't have vision problems, also no annoying frames.

>read too many horror stories that it can slip up under your eyelid or you can get infection....
Listen fool, BILLIONS of people have had contact lenses and BILLIONS more will have them too, and 99.9999999999% of them have NO PROBLEMS. Quit being a pussy and get some goddamned contact lenses already.

Wear contacts for my job, and they just look better. Not going back to glasses.
Only problem is I can't sleep with them in, even though you're supposed to be able to. I've tried all the 24/7 ones available but none of them work for me, a 30 minute nap and my eyes get red and blurry. I have a friend who keeps his in for months and I'm jelly.

Theyre worth it for the peripheral vision and not feeling weight of glasses on your nose. I have extremely bad eyesight and cannot see anything outside of the circles of my glasses lense.
Ive had issue with contacts before but it was due to my errors in handling them. Just follow cleaning instructions and keep them moist, you will be fine

what? ur an idiot

I just got contacts after I learned I was ineligable for LASIK. Go for it user.

I stopped wearing lenses when one of them disappeared behind the eyeball.
Had to get surgery for it.

Picture to make it more clear.
It did hurt like a bitch. The doctors said they see it not that often but it happens.

but us with superior bodies need to know who not to pass our DNA to