Do you count calories?

Do you count calories?
If not how do you stay on your cut?

not counting is asking for trouble

By only eating every other day.

I started trying to eat below 2000 calories about a week and half ago, I've actually lost some weight since but I ended up fasting out of paronia I might go over, and ended up not eating . I was starting to go down this path, problem is that I can't do anything If I fast all day as I have no energy, and I can't lift which I don't need much energy for I'm basically just aiming to maintain till the cut is over which will be a while.

Just get any calorie counter app that allows you to scan barcodes. Most time the stuff you get from grocery stores will come up with all the macro and serving information there.

It's always difficult at first but the more you do it the easier it becomes since you starting eating the same stuff and it's already logged.

I downloaded myfitnesspal on my Ipod touch, I'll scan the food in my house later, since I've started eating mostly the same stuff the past week or two. That barcode function does seem easier than having to look up stuff online since a lot of brand names are quite specific.

throwing in 1hr of cardio per day and just avoiding refined shit worked for me, with the occasional rough daily estimate

>Do you count calories?
it's eseential if you want to take ultimate control of your weight and body composition

Food Scale + MyFitnessPal is the way to go

The only cardio I like is walking and the weather is terrible for that right now, so I needed to go the diet route.
I'm realising this now. I'm also doing my first ever cut, I've lifted for a while but I need to get out of fat mode already.

>Do you count calories?
No
>If not how do you stay on your cut?
I only eat one high-protein meal a day. I find it difficult to stuff myself with more than 1000kcals in one sitting.

I use MyPlate, the UI is way friendlier than MyFitnessPal.

Eh my limit is 1920 kcal per day according to myfitnesspal and I can easily exceed that in 3 meals.

>liking cardio
only psychos like cardio, we do it because we must

Which is why you should only eat 1 meal when cutting. I'm not even hungry during the day

eh I don't wanna make another a/c right now.
there's only 2 functions I need to use search and barcode scanning since I setup the goal already.
>because we must
It's way easier just to diet, I find myself tempted to eat more when I do cardio.

>1 meal
That's insane I'd rather have balanced meals so I have the energy to actually think throughout the day.
If I skip two meals in a row I just end up feeling dumb and can't concentrate.

true but you'll also be able to eat more (if you do some real cardio and not just walking [unless you walk all day])

Your call. I feel fine all day.

this

Although now I only do it 1 month every 4 months because I've done it so long I've trained myself how to eat.

I hate doing gym cardio though, so I just end up dropping it. I usually only walk for an hour when I walk which is nothing calories wise so diet is the answer for me.

>Food Scale
Do I really need this? If the only stuff I need to estimate right now is frozen vegetables, and berries/grapes. Practically everything else I can get serving sizes for.

Hey man, I was talking to you last night. Hope you slept well and had no hangover today.
To stay on topic, running gets boring after a while, but luckily I've got a jumprope, treadmill and exercise bike at home, and I'm gonna start swimming at least once a week to change up the cardio routine a bit.

Counting calories isn't a great long-term solution. Stop eating junk food/fast food and learn to control your portions.

You'll eventually get a hang of where you stand every day without even logging because you've entered the same foods so many times if you just stay consistent.

Cronometer is pretty good. Only costs 30 bucks a year.

Not OP, but it helps my autism. exactly 200g oats, 122g cucumber, etc.

Plus its essential for weighing out powder supps.

She looks like a baby Anita Sarkeesian wtf

I find it's a lot quicker; especially for multiple foods or ingredients. Just put the plate or bowl on the scale and zero it every time you add something. Quick and no mess. I've converted a lot of my recipes to weights rather than volumes.

Which board where you from?
Anyway yeah, no real hangover today bit of fatigue but I had very little I had to do today so it wasn't exacerbated. I slept pretty well since I fell asleep whilst still buzzed. Went out for a latte this morning, felt fine. Thanks for asking, how are you senpai?
On topic, I'm cutting from 220 (probably a bit less with any luck now) down to my 175 goal. Any lifting I'm doing is just maintenance right now, like 45 mins just so I don't lose muscle, and I'm not really interested in doing since losing the fat is really my only goal for the majority of this year. What's your goal?
I don't eat much junk food with the exception of processed cheese on my tuna melts and cider.
I've been estimating my calories before now but I get paranoid I might be going over so I end up skipping meals, which is a bad long term solution.
eh the stuff I need to estimate is low calorie anyway, so I'll continue estimating it.
She is way cuter than Anita ever was, that said I would definitely an Anita.

alright fuck it I bought some food scales they where on sale for like $10. I'm going full autism.

>tripfags

>animefags

yes

>tamashi
what does your name even mean? tama-city?

Its only going to get worse

No idea, just the name of some qt weeb grill.
how could it possibly get worse?

>animefags
On an anime image board. Who woulda thought?

not an argument

It was your Saturday Veeky Forums drinking thread. I was the one who said I would have only one vodka soda and go to bed so I could go to yoga. I did only have one and then went to bed, but some other shit came up so I couldn't go to yoga. Gonna do some heavy cardio instead. Good to hear, man, good luck. Well I am 6'0 162lb skinnyfat, so right now I am lifting and cutting down to a skelly, then I'll lean bulk for general health and aesthetics. Still got a pooch, but god damn does it feel good not having a beer gut anymore.

>not an argument
How is it not? You are current making post on an anime image board while simultaneously calling people animefags.

Did you expect an anime image board not to be populated with animefags?

>damn does it feel good not having a beer gut anymore.
Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to this.
After I hit my goal weight I think I might do some calisthenics to help maintain some muscle and also as a fun routine. Doing pushups would be gruelling to do daily at 220, but it'll be a breeze at 175

Just wait. you'll be Sisyphus pushing your goals up that mountain.

>I don't eat much junk food with the exception of processed cheese on my tuna melts and cider.
I've been estimating my calories before now but I get paranoid I might be going over so I end up skipping meals, which is a bad long term solution.

It's less about estimation and more about routine. Once you have a routine and eat the same foods every day, you don't even need to estimate. If you know what low-calorie foods you can snack on already and you know that X is your biggest calories source and you didn't have it that day, it's really easy to come in right where you want to be no matter what. Log new foods so that you know what they are but you don't need to autisticly count unless you're newb or trying to lose a lot of weight. Counting is good to drop the weight but it's not good long term. It's only going to make you obsessed.

Also, DO NOT skip out on cardio.

I just make sure i eat less than 2k a day, dont count them 1 by 1 but i make sure it's below that , i only started a few weeks ago tho, trying to stay strong

>DO NOT skip out on cardio.
too late.
Join me and go full autist, I just ordered some food scales ITT.

im a 3rd world poorfag, getting food scales is either expensive or hard to find, im confident in keeping my calorie intake below 2k tho, lost a few kilos of fat these last 2 months thanks to it and me hitting a cheap gym

Ah. cost me $10, and the calorie counter app was free. I don't want to have to not change my diet when I get bored of it because I can't get an artistically accurate estimate.

yeah i use that one app to count calories (i use it on my pc tho, cellphone too shitty) and i really havent changed my diet too much, im just eating less (since i was already eating correctly, just too much) and actually exercising (havent really done any real amount of exercise in more than 10 years, so im starting from scratch) 2 months since i've started and lost 3 points in my BMI, 3% of my total body fat, 1% of visceral fat and gained 3% of muscle mass

OMAD
M
A
D

>OMAD
yeah I didn't enjoy the weakness, shakiness, fatigue, or confusion that comes with that, hardly healthy imo.

>I've actually lost some weight since but I ended up fasting out of paronia
Nice eating disorder.

>Nice eating disorder.
well this is why I'm trying to count calories now instead, the eating disorder only start like 2 weeks ago, so it's purely force of will not habit.

That's cool. You should probably talk to a professional though if you have the resources.

Nah, It's only been a couple weeks at most I can reverse it. I weigh like 220 so it's not like any damage was done.

talking of which I have nearly 400 calories left today so I think I'll have some feta cheese and black grapes for desert.

I do OMAD. After about a month of it my stomach has shrunk, so not only am I in the habit of only eating with an hour each day, it's nearly impossible for me to fit 1k calories in me during my meal. I average around 500 cal a day, 800 on weekly cheat days.
No need for counting throughout the day, just do the math for my one meal and done.

Please refrain from posting my wife please

Okay, have tiddy monster Zero instead.

>500 kcal a day
Kek what do you eat?

Only if you are starting out.

You can get to the point where you just end up eating healthy and can adjust based on your weight changes.

I usually cycle through a plate of scrambled eggs, a few baked chicken wings with caesar salad, and a bunless cheeseburger with broccoli. On my cheat days I get a small sub from a local sandwich place.
Sometimes I eat other stuff though. I had a great steak last week. Proportions vary but as long as I count my cals for that meal and limit myself to a 1 hour eating window it's impossible for me to not eat a caloric defecit.

> scrambled eggs, a few baked chicken wings with caesar salad, and a bunless cheeseburger with broccoli.
if this is one day your over 500kcal

>count calories
assuming im taking any in

I mean that I cycle through them each day.
E.g. scrambled eggs on Monday, wings and caesar on Tuesday, burger and broc on Wednesday, etc.
They're just the most common meals for me.

Only count calorie for a couple month as a beginner or if you're cutting.
When your diet is on point weighting yourself every morning will give you a good weekly estimate if you need to eat more or less depending on goal.

how much do you weigh?

6'2" 206 lbs. Started at 290. At the beginning I was dropping a pound a day, recently I've been losing around half a pound a day.

>1 pound a day
you sure about this?

Give or take.

I don't see how that's even possible losing a pound means burning 3500kcal

My current TDEE is 2400 calories, if I average eating 500 a day, then I'm averaging 1900 calories burned a day by doing nothing.
That's more than half a pound of calories burned, going off of the "3500 calories = 1lb" measurement, but that comparison is inaccurate at best. It's more complicated than that.

What else happens to lose 1 pound of fat beside calories in calories out?

vouched

I just eat the same shit every day. boring but I never need to count.

thankfully I will be shifting to gaining muscle instead of cutting in the next few weeks.

pro:tip keep eating what you are now because bulking is fucking retarded.

bruh I am at least 20% below my TDEE I have no energy most of the damn day. shit sucks and my lifts are trash from the lack of energy.

Almost always but if I can't be bothered I estimate and if I go to bed hungry I assume it's working as intended.

Metabolism and hormones are the big things, and those are different for everyone. It's impossible for a global standard of "burn x calories to lose y weight" because of the way everyone processes energy differently.
You just have to make positive changes and good results will eventually come, but people lose weight at different speeds and in different ways.

Post your body with timestamp

This desu

I meant eat at maintenance, don't eat 500 kcals over it like some people here do and then get fat.

I pretty much cab eyeball how much chicken I'm eating and I keep track of what I eat yesterday and today and if I ate something with 600kcal that I shouldnt have I will just cut back, simples

>myfitnesspal
Do you count your exercise on it too? It allows you to eat more if you put in the excersize you did, but I'm paranoid that the calories burned in excersize on the app is wrong and I'm screwing myself over. What do you think?

I never count, I just estimate how much I should eat in a day
Some days I don't eat because I dont actually like food that much

It helps me maintain the feeling of control without starving myself

u dont have to count calories if u dont eat any :D

i use boxvr. Burns like 500 cal in 30 mins plus it's fun

Yeah I count. Cutting and bulking is quite easy then.

>take small plate with 3 crackers and a large pitcher of water with me when I'm studying
>eat half cracker, count 20 sips, eat another half cracker, count 20 sips, repeat.
>get 3 more crackers when I have to refill pitcher and continue until full

I know it sounds anorexic but its very comfy, instead of eating a 400 calorie hot pocket, I eat 150 calories in crackers plus I get to drink tons of water as a snack. I struggle with drinking water if I don't have something to wash down.
Other than that I eat my normal meals, about 1000 calories daily.

>Do you count your exercise on it too?
I only lift a couple times a week for maintenance whilst cutting otherwise I don't do anything except walking around a bit. If your doing cardio just take off whatever the machines say you've burnt or find a way to calculate it and take it off manually, that's what I'd do. As it stands since I'm cutting fairly hard right now I only need it for food calories and nothing else.
I invested in food scales thanks to this thread, I waste enough time trying to guess amounts I may as well measure it out and be done with it.
I drink a lot of sparkling water, have miso soup which is like 20 calories per serving and eat grapes and berries when I want to snack. It allows me to fill my stomach up somewhat but do so with very few calories, it kinda works as a trick that way.
>1000 calories
If I want to lose 1.5 pounds of fat of week at 220 it tells me to eat 1720 calories or so, I couldn't imagine 1000 sounds rough.

my metabolism is trash tier, I don't understand it either. it isn't as hard as it sounds though, most stuff is 300 calories, so just 3 meals a day and it works out.

for breakfast I'll have an egg, slice of toast and a glass of orange juice. works out nicely, and my brain isn't foggy from overconsumption.

No, intermittent fasting helps with that a lot. Hard to over eat if you only allow yourself a 6 hour window.

>300 calories
senpai that's not even enough a single tuna roll. My meals are like 500-700 calories easy.
>brain isn't foggy from overconsumption.
I had 1378 cals today and I feel kinda shit, I really needed whatever else I was allowed (342 cals). Can't be bothered to change it now though.

i only count the first time and write it down so i dont forget, i eat pretty much the same thing everyday, same portion size and everything or as close as i can get it

the people i know that stay lean automatically eat junk food, but only in small amounts almost as if food is irrelevant to them

i fast for 3 months straight

it's simple. if i eat, i fucked up

if it's like 1500 calories then that makes sense.
Will still fuck up their health long-time.

good job losing the weight user, 84lbs lost is something to be proud of

this.
I've only last like 15 pounds so far.