What does Veeky Forums think of this guy/story? I happened to find this while scrolling around sc

what does Veeky Forums think of this guy/story? I happened to find this while scrolling around sc.
vice.com/en_uk/article/7xebae/i-spent-80-days-trying-to-get-abs-and-it-ruined-my-life

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_ca/article/pa3g3z/what-i-learned-working-out-at-a-gym-for-nerds
mensfitness.com/styleandgrooming/grooming/we-asked-100-women-do-you-find-body-hair-attractive
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tldr: he's a retard

>They suggested a more practical approach, but the truth was that I had been casually trying a practical approach most of my adult life. I already hit up the gym a couple of times a week. I regularly drank protein shakes. I had downloaded yoga videos promoted by former professional wrestlers and even tested out something called Insanity, a program that to the best of my understanding promotes weight loss through a combination of positive mental attitude and jumping up and down. I didn’t want another casual approach. I wanted abs.

imagine actually being this delusional

looks like he wanted to go from fat shit to ripped chad in 80 days and then got upset that it wasn't possible

Ignoring the fact that his goal was dumb/impossible in that timeframe, his conclusion is pretty well-known:

Unless you post your progress to the internet and get enjoyment from strangers telling you how good you did, body transformations are ... kind of underwhelming when they concern your own body. You might look at yourself in the mirror with less hatred, but you probably won't be much happier just because your body is different.

vice.com/en_ca/article/pa3g3z/what-i-learned-working-out-at-a-gym-for-nerds

lol

Abs are such a weird thing to want. Girls prefer arms and pecs.

I can't read, what happened?

>soyboy wants abs in 2 weeks, feels bad and give up cause the white man should be muscular anyway, it’s time for us to step down, stop this toxic masculinity and gender roles, watch marvels movies instead and play videogames while smoking weed
>vice

OP here. I more or less agree with your statement. Personally I dont care about my abs. Obviously I work them out but I mostly care about my shoulders, chest, and back (not in order). I think those three are the ultimate sign of strength (look up strongman competitors). I didnt mention legs because legs aren't seen too much as a sign of strength. Though they're important, people look more at your upper body than your legs.

look i tried to give the article a chance but already in the first week his gf wants to break up because they have different meal plans? i don't believe it and there the author lost all credibility for me. maybe there are some grains of truth in there but he is spicing his story up and that's basically fiction. i don't waste my time on fiction.

Left pic
>Bloated, pushing stomach out, shit posture
Right pic
>Not bloated, sucking up, pushing chest up with good posture.

Fucking retarded. Hate seeing these pics. What a joke.

I dont know Vice has some interesting documentaries on youtube. I still keep my suspensions while watching/reading their shit. I usually compare their statements with other sources.

Don't think you read it. He dropped from 210 pounds 22% bf to 180 pounds 15% bf. Then he cried about not having his precious abs and called his achievement a failure, destructive and not worth it.

What an idiot

You wouldn't believe how angry some people get when someone threatens their comfort zone - that includes their meal plan. Especially if his GF is a fatty it might very well be true.

Femanon here. I do agree, but slightly toned abs are still superior to beer belly or pure flatness.

Unfortunately there's no way I can prove if this is fiction or not. I do agree that author probably spiced up the story but at the same time it's not hard to believe that he broke up with his gf because she couldnn't keep up with his new life style. After all, she decided to be with him before he decided to get in shape.

Yeh only bitches complain they can't get aesthetic.
Also you should aim to get fit/strong 1st, shredded 2nd

This is by far the most realistic part of the story dummy. You wouldn't believe the amount of crabs in a bucket that will try to drag you down when you try to self improve, and that's just friends / coworkers.

Some thot who sees her meal ticket actually working to achieve a higher level is going to start screeching and sabotaging in whatever way she can

>his gf wants to break up because they have different meal plans?
Yep. Been there. It's the only source of tension in my marriage

idk , im a fut cunt trying to get fit.
setting goals changing my diet and making progress bring me some happiness .
ive lost 60 pounds so far
all my clothes fit better
lots of things are easier to do
but yeah i still have the mental hang ups / problems
thats life

they don't even look like before/after pics

you could achieve the EXACT same thing by sucking in your gut and pushing up your chest while holding a big breath

i wasn't even sure if the pics were from different points in time at first

>oyyyyy don't go to the gym, be a good goy and just accept you have an eating disorder, nothing wrong with you, it's a disease, can't do anything about it, you would just destroy your social life, now keep eating

>being so retarded you can't work out how to combine your social life with a healthy lifestyle
That's pretty sad

i don't even know why the fuck I even care, but I got seething mad reading his post- he did everything possibly wrong, and then decides to say "hahahahahah fitness isn't for me."
>215g of protein a day and complains about shits
>5000mg of Sodium and complains about "fat", a.k.a water weight
>is a FUCKING NORMIE that cares only about abs so probably did nothig but sit ups expecting some changes to his body
what a fucking idiot. Hope he quits and never lifts again. Doesn't deserve to make it.

>speak about personal failures in a glib manner to show how over it you are
millennial blogger journalism

If your only way to socialize is to go to some hipster restaurant because you need to have you mouth stuffed with food 50% of the time so you don't have to worry about communicating and drinking 3-5+ craft beers to get over your social anxiety because you are a pussy that never forced yourself to learn how to be social, yeah sure you're going to have a bad time if your goal involves careful diet management and discipline.

It's not had to see why it didn't work for him.

> Had a social life
> Had a loving gf
> Enjoyed his meals
> Had hobbies and fun every week

Compare him to someone like me

> No friends
> No gf
> Stay at home jerking off or playing video games every week
> Be bullied due to being to skinny during high school

It's not hard to see why some can only find fulfillment at the gym. It gives you an attainable goal to reach for.

He should've started by shaving that disgusting body hair

If he wanted abs all he needed to do was be on a deficit that and time is all it takes.

This man has challenged you all to call him a faggot without using words. Your move.

Apparently hairy-ish men are desired by a majority of women? "Out of the 105 women, 78 said they dig it (73%), while 28 (27%) would prefer a hairless man. However, even though the overwhelming majority likes a little hair, moderation was a common theme." --mensfitness.com/styleandgrooming/grooming/we-asked-100-women-do-you-find-body-hair-attractive

Not sure about this website as a source, but other sources seem to agree that women prefer hair than shaven.

I think he wanted sculpted abs rather than pussy abs. too bad he's a pussy himself.

Doesn't have Hollywood sixpack but can shit bricks for entertainment.

>vice article
>dieting for 80 days and look like nothing has changed
>being so sedentary that the “after” pic is you thinking you’re in shape

Honestly I couldn’t imagine feeling good about myself being a fat piece of shit. There are definitely periods where I slack on the gym and I always end up way more depressed then when I’m sticking to working out and eating clean, even if it does force me to miss out on gorging myself with normies.

Vice is one of the biggest kike / nu male media outlets out there. Is this really any surprise?

Have you ever watched commercials on their channel? Trans and brown people 24/7.

I agree. They used to be good but now they're shit. I only either watch their old documentaries, documentaries about drugs, or their martial arts "documentaries."

if she wants to run hairclippers on my body, i don't care, but i can't reach everywhere

Kek I saw this on sc to the guy shit himself twice

this get is derailing other threads its not in...

>derailing

Getting to 10% bodyfat is piss easy honestly, only retarded normies and fat fucks think of it as some monumental herculean struggle

this, he clearly embellished his story to suit his agenda

>his 'trainer' tells him now he understands the work that goes into abs

yeah, no. Just don't eat like a fucking pig and do exercise, jesus christ. Maybe he's talking about turbo shredded abs at 7% bf or something but regular abs are ezy

>Be CS student with honours level gpa
>Work part time
>Work out
>Have friends and social life
>Still go to the gym 15 hours a week
His "reasons" are excuses made by those who lack the discipline to obtain make a genuine attempt at accomplishing something over the long term. He is the same sort of person who puts in the bare minimum at work and doesn't understand why they dont get promoted who puts no effort into his relationship then rants about how women are evil when his gf cheats on him.

>vice
get that shit out of here faggot

>The greater challenge was always going to be embracing the nerd shit, and with Porgs and Stranger Things hype spattered all over my social media feeds, preemptively making my blood boil, I began to worry that not only had I failed my quest but, worse, I was just a jock.
>I fretted about this for a while before a friend pointed out that I'd been missing the forest for the trees, nerd-dom has expanded to encompass pretty much everything.
>I am absolutely nerdy, just not about things in the bullseye center of pop culture, Taking stock, I realized that I somehow make time to play pretty much every indie and AAA video game, mainstream, but still kinda nerdy.
>Most of my waking moments—driving, walking, exercising, cleaning—are spent listening to an endless backlog of podcasts.
>That's pretty nerdy! And I'll admit that I, like every other nerdy asshole, thoroughly enjoy watching Rick & Morty.

Dear lord this reads like a bugmen manifesto
no real identity, no real problems or struggle, just this childish autistic persona made of consumerism from the latest media "hype" instead of cultivating any real personality