Squat Form

my form is like pic related and I guess it's because I am an abdominal weakling. I don't have abs and I just realized I've been doing squats wrong for the last month.

I started a month ago from skinnyfat. Howthe fuck do I fix this? How the fuck do I get better abdominal strength?

>Post a single still image
>Expect people to offer advice on technique
>Talk about being an "abdominal weakling".

it looks like I'm patting someone with my ass.

Ass to grass is the only way a man should squat.you should deload before going ass to grass, start empty bar practice form and go up

squeeze your abs when you squat

How hard do I have to squeeze in order to prevent butt wink?

That is not butt wink, butt wink is the opposite of what you are doing, and there is nothing you can do about butt wink.

Jesus are you all retarded?
Let your knees travel much mor in front of you.
See the guy in the picture?
Look at those ankles and lower legs.
They are like perfectly vertical.
Now go search on some good weightlifter on Google and check his bottom position.
Try to mimics that with no weight or just the bar. You should be able to sit low and have balance, so much so that you can sit in that bottom position and relax or take a shit.
As long as you don't have too much weight on the bar.
Then just practice and practice.
Practice with just body weight too and use you elbows as support to you inner thighs or knees in the bottom by pressing them into your legs so that you knees don't collapse and actually also travels/stays put to the side a little.

Do you do the valsalva? Take a big breath at the top, and just keep yourself tight. Imagine that Big Lenny is going to come rape your asshole while punching your stomach. Abs tight, ass tight. Squat.

>not even parallel
>back is too much forward making bar being on the toes instead of middle of the foot
>head is parallel instead being a little down
>using box for some god why reason
>toes are get off the ground suggesting balance is fucked
2/10 thots make better squats if you really believe this is good you will never make it

Your ass and legs form is grade-A for sure, damn

Sorry, not him. I personally get butt wink when I go a bit past parallel, and I actually hurt my back at some point thanks to it.

>Imagine that Big Lenny is going to come rape your asshole while punching your stomach
jesus christ

Good deadlift form, bro.

Is squating a good exercise for the back of your thighs and arse? Trying to lose fat in my behind

>that pic
The bar is in front of his knees. It should be in line with his knee joint/midfoot.

butt wink is your hamstrings tilting your hips downwards because they aren't long enough.
fixing butt wink is just getting more flexible hamstrings.

if you're a super duper serious lifter (you aren't), you can limit that flexibility so you have maximum elastic response out of the hole, but generally it is a good idea to be more flexible than less.

It has nothing to do with hamstrings it is all about femur angle within the hip joint, most people don't have a butt wink and if they do it is very minor ATG

He literally said in his post he knows he's doing it wrong.
Can you read?

Terrible. Is that an attempted lolbar or highbar, can't even tell.

What the heck is "butt wink"?

I've had the same for years, sadly there is no cure shitty hip structure

Most people's butthole comes open during squat. A fraction of those people have it "wink" closed at the bottom of a squat. it can take 10-15 lbs off your max

Butt wink is easy to fix, you're causing it unintentionally because you've been told a thousand times to not let your back round. So you overcue yourself to extend your lumbar, awmd instead you over extend it. You can't maintain this position and your spine goes to neutral. This is buttwink. The solution? Stop overextending your fucking back, just crunch down on your abs before squatting and forget about your lumbar.

It's when bad hip structure causes the pelvis to roll under slightly and roll back out on the way up it's nothing serious

There is no cure, there is only stopping before you wink, and for most people that means don't slam your ass into your calves

TIL ... thanks!

Thanks!

Assuming that your hamstrings are long enough, then yes, the smallest angle you can make between your torso and leg is determined by your hip joint. However this is generally not the case in amateur lifters.

If with a straight back and straight legs you cannot hit a 90 degree angle between your legs and back, it is because of hamstring tightness. 90 degrees is the yard stick that olympic lifters use to maximise the elastic response at the very bottom of their lifts.

Dont listen to this guy, people have different hip morphology, if ATG is comfy then do it but otherwise just go to parallel or you will fuck your discs

Dont do this
just push your stomach out, fill it with air

no hamstrings have nothing to do with it, sure if your are a 300 lb fat fuck who sits in a chair all day, anyone in reasonable shape can squat they just don't know how to.

once you completely go through the angle of inclination of your hip socket, your pelvis rotates to give you the extra range of motion. hence the butt wink

Cheesus fucking christ! Can you dumb faggots just answer his question for once, without discussing buttwinks etc?

they already did lol he has a weak core or is not using his core at all and is not even hitting depth.

Yea, weak core is the single correct answer to all the questions in /pol/, gotcha! Do you even strong core, bro!?

Veeky Forums

why are you trying to discount the fact that hamstrings are a significant factor in pelvic mobility? It is literally the biomechanics of that muscle group: when you're in a squat there is no give from the lower tendon (because you're standing), which means that at it's maximal length, the hamstring necessarily has to pull the hips down if the stretching movement continues...

and thin people who sit in chairs all day are going to have just as tight hamstrings.

Squatting core strengths is a specific type of strength you can only get from squatting or deadlifting

I want you to take 5 minutes to Google the cause of butt wink, because all your doing now is trying to generalize to try and make your point valid

Look, i can doodle 180kg 1rm but my squat form is exactly like ops, can it be a bit more nuanced than this classic "weak core, bro"?

Oh the famous Rippetoe Squat. Awful.

yesterday I learned proper DL form from a huge jacke olympia squad dude.

to make it short: my form is fucking terrible and it needs hours to learn proper form.
Nobody ever told me you have to fall back and sit down before you start lifting the bar.
Also squeezing shoulders together, neutral spine, butt down, neck straight. holy shit man, so complicated.

You lose fat from diet. You gain muscle from lifting. Read the fucking sticky.

Are you fucking retarded look at the image, his core failed and is back is taking the load in hyper extenstion how complicated of an explanation do you need, you are weak, now fix your weak core by squatting lighter weights

your knees are way too back wtf. Is your ankle mobility shit or what

This is also cause by weak quads. You get the weight lower, but by hinging at the hips you take out quad work and put emphasis on the glutes and lower back.

Oh fuck off already

your form should be more like sitting down on an invisible chair under you, not presenting your anus to an invisible BBC behind you

my glutes always are incredibly sore throughout the week, and it can impede my squatting, although usually not too much
any fix to this though? I suppose preventing it would mean not sit on my ass all day, but another solution would be welcome too

Btw thats the reason you see squat pluga mentioned so oftes, they help with this issue. It's still not legal to sell them as such thanks to FDA approval bullshit, so you can just go to a local sex shop and ask them for a plug for your butt for the squatting position, they'll help you out.

Jesus Christ help...

I have bone problems (can you tell where) so stretching can't help much. I bought these APPIIs for Christmas to help.

I just want to reach parallel. I'll been cleared by a physio if that helps.

Are there alternatives I can do?

Are there exercises you'd advise against?

>t. new years soy boy

It's not letting me post the picture wtf?

Hamstrings are not lengthened during a squat, they attach at the knee and hip which means that they are not in tension.

You don't have bone problems and stretching is exactly what you need. Next question.

Oh and OP, you're form is shit and everything about it is wrong. Start over.

so you can somehow squat without using your hips at all?
how do you think... oh god, why am I even replying to this shit

What op needs to do is learn to squat, not stretch, squatting is a skill that has to be learned and it takes longer than a month to get a hang of it

I wasn't talking to OP in my first paragraph as you can clearly see from the post number I am referring to

Ass needs to sit just below parrelel
Otherwise looks ok, back could be straighter

it sounds like you have no idea how to brace your core. Suggest you look up Thrall's videos on the Valsalva maneuver and Squat technique.

>otherwise ok
are you trying to kill him?

Hyper extended back
Vertical shins
Weight on heels, toes off floor
Bar 4 inches pass center of foot
>Otherwise ok

Sorry faggot I was just out of bed
OP do what this faggot says

>fall back and sit down before you start lifting the bar
hmm yeah I never heard it mentioned by any fitness youtuber

Can I even learn proper DL/Squat form without literally hiring Rippetoe or should I just kys and never think of getting fit again?

OP, are you trying to say that you pitch forward and good morning the weight up? That's actually caused mostly by weak quads. Your quads are weak and can't extend the knee against the load, so the hips rise faster than the shoulders (where the load actually is), and puts you in a position where you can extend the hips (with your glutes and hamstrings) in order to get the weight up.

Strengthening your abs is good, but not a cure for good morning squats. Watch Chad Wesley Smith's video on leg vs. back dominant squatting.

>he doesn't want a fat ass

thats not what you are supposed to do, that's just a squat while holding the bar

"ATG is the only thing for real men" lets me know your a gymbro who sitll has a body part split gtfo

you can actually squat too low and JUST your knees.

I find that looking up at a 45 degree angle helps with squat form and make sure your weight is on your heels