Lifting shoes

Can you guys red pill me on weightlifting shoes? I've been going to the gym consistently for a year and a half now and I've always done my deadlifts and my ass to grass squats, barefoot. But I kinda have a feeling I could lift more with shoes because sometimes I lose a bit of stability when deep squatting heavy. Are shoes worth it? I never see people squat barefoot in my gym. What shoes do you train in?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/training/shoes
barbellmedicine.com/quickstart/#faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not op but what's wrong with lifting in sandals? Besides it looking dumb?

Try using microplates under your heels when you squat

They raise your heel up so that you are using more quads as you stay more upright on squat. Although, people probably just use them because they have shit ankle mobility. You don't use them on deadlift.

Here you go. startingstrength.com/training/shoes

Mark deadlifts in squat shoes. It's fine.

mark is a fat retard

If you do real weightlifting (C&J and Snatch) then buy them.
Otherwise don't.

ehh, as long as you're serious about lifting it's nice to have a pair for squats and deads. My ankle mobility is not amazing and the shoes really help.

Your deadlift better be higher than his.

besides the article that linked, you should also check the shoes review here:
barbellmedicine.com/quickstart/#faq

They're a meme that don't actually improve your form or lifts. They're like pussy pads but worse

dropping fucking weights on your feet retard. i dont even want to see what your feet look like

I dont even deadlift. I lift with my legs, not my back.

Yeah no.

Yeah I use Adidas Power Perfects II. They started helping me after I started to squat higher than a 3plate. They are pretty stable. The ground honestly feels like mush after you take them off.

I would recommend getting lifting shoes if you are going to be squatting a lot. Do some research into lifting shoes before you purchase them though. They all have various heel heights and are funny with their shoe sizes.

Dumbest post I read today, but don't feel bad, it's only 1PM.

And it's only 7 am on the east coast

thanks.

I've been barefooting at home gym for around 6 months in muh homegym and haven't had a single problem with crushing my toes (like those thin athletic shoes offer much protection anyhow) and lifts feel nice a natural. If the gym staff doesn't care then I'd say keep going barefoot, oly shoes are for oly lifters, they are an expensive purchase that won't yield many benefits for a casual lifter.

I've never dropped a weight on my feet in my entire life. Are you mentally challenged?

>Adidas Power Perfects II.
good choice
best shoe you could get

>boohoo if only could afford proper lifting shoes
>better shill my nonsense on Veeky Forums to make myself feel better

it is better to squat in running shoes

>being this dumb

How do you guys feel about squatting in Chucks. I hear they’re really flat soled so it’s similar to barefoot, plus you can lace them up tight for some ankle support.