Qtddtot

qtddtot

read sticky then post stupid questions here

I have hypermobility/double jointed in my elbows. My fingers also lock occasionally, although i havent experienced this while working out yet. Should this change what i do or dont do at the gym?

Are we gonna make it ? And how am I supposed to get a good sleep schedule if I have migraines who hit me randomly every few weeks and make me sleep 10 to 15 hours ?

Not really. You do need to be mindful of not overextending the elbow though, particularly on pressing exercises. This means press until your arms are straight, not until they start bending the wrong way.

Do you guys take full rest days? As in no working out whatsoever? I do a PPL routine but I'm doing something every day. If I don't exercise I feel a shit and think everything I eat is just making me fat. Am I doing it wrong?

go to doc

I'm doing wendler's 5/3/1 for beginners. How hard should I go on the AMRAP set considering I need to do 5x5 after it? At the moment I stop when I start to slow down, but that's only after 5-8 reps (lower end is on the higher % sets obviously). So far, that's left me enough strength but I definitely struggle on the last 1-2 on OHP.

Yes

What should I do? PPLPPLx?

As long as you're giving your muscles at least a day before working then out again, you'll be fine.

already went, only solution I have left is hypnosis and I'm scared of this kind of shit, can do nothing else than take my meds and rest

We all have to deal with some kind of shit. If you can't get rid of your migraines, you'll just have to do as well as you can under the circumstances.

Maybe when you're 19 you can manage to set up ideal conditions for everything. As I've grown older, I've learned that everybody has at least one major thing in their lives that fucks them over. We just have to play the hand that we've been dealt.
Remember, "better" is still better, even if it isn't "perfect".

You grow when you rest bruh

i saw some videos that suggested to never go fully to 90 degrees or 180 with my arm but instead only 80 and 170 or so and pause and hold at various intervals.

so you sleep MORE than a normal person?

A fact that is quite well established in pretty much any actual book on strength training, but somehow completely unknown to most regular gym-goers, is that training load must fluctuate throughout the week (Load = how tough a given workout is, basically).

The higher the load is on some days, the lower it must be on others. High/low are relative terms here, of course. What's a high load for one guy may be a low load for the other guy.
This means that if you have really tough days, you should also have fairly easy days. A day completely off from training is a simple way to automatically accomplish this.

On a related note, this also means that if you want to train every day - which is doable - you should make sure that some days are harder and some are easier, rather than try to fit roughly the same amount of work into each day. Unless every day is easy, in which case it won't matter.

Well, I'm giving each two full rest before I do that particular exercise again. I meant is it a good idea to have a day off where I just do non-Veeky Forums related stuff?

The program revolves around that AMRAP set. Go balls out (no form breakdown though).

If that means that you'll have to reduce the weight on your back-off sets, so be it. It's just bonus work anyway.

>I meant is it a good idea to have a day off where I just do non-Veeky Forums related stuff?
YES
You will LITERALLY grow more on this day than any other day in your week

You don't have to worry about flexing the elbow (bending it). You just need to be mindful of not extending it (straighten) beyond the point where it's actually straight.
Only going to 170 may be helpful for making sure you don't go anywhere near the danger zone. But really, you can go to 180. Just don't go beyond that.

Is there a way to train that vertical ab line? I used to have it but have since left Auschwitz-mode and I'd like it back without starving myself.

Been started losing weight last march.
When do I stop losing weight and swap over to maintain or bulk?

Was 110kg (242lbs) now 74kg (163lbs) I am 6'2.

I'm not very muscular if that makes a difference to the out come of the question

I'm coming back on creatine after 2-3 months off.
Examine says that I should take 0.3g per kg of bodyweight in the 5-7 days loading phase, and then .03g/kg.
that would translate to 27g/day and then 2.7g
that seems like a lot: I got the myprot 5g capsules and downing 5 a day seems like a bit much.
I might go 2-3 per day for a week and then 1
what do you say?

pic, that seems pretty skinny already
have you been working out?

I suppose, but it happens randomly
>when you're 19
>tfw I'm 25
But I guess you're right

yesterday i full body stretched for the first time in my life, today i feel like i am about to die help

does proven intermediate fullbody routine for mass exist?
or should i stick to upper lower or push pull splits?

drink a lot and keep stretching every time, your nody just need to get used to it

ok thank you i will try that

Is ZMA good? Is it worth the investment or should I eat better food like whole food, protein, eggs, poultry etc

Also what is the different between ZMA and Magnesium and calcium.

Thanks lads.

5g a day is pretty standard. Just toss it into a protein shake.

People are going to argue this shit all day, but in my opinion, as long as your diet is on point and you're achieving progressive overload, you'll build muscle.

If you're concerned that you're not doing enough volume, you can always add a couple of back-off sets or an extra assistance exercise.

If you do want an intermediate program that's designed specifically for mass gain, check out the Renaissance Periodization templates.

Has infinite elgintencity ever shown off his body?

If so, pics?

no, only his traps. thats all he does in gym, traps

I had been running for most of the time, around 4months I started doing some light body weight stuff and focusing more on proper posture and around september last year I upped the amount of body weight excercise

Im pretty out of shape, not fat at all but bad posture and bad balance of musclemass (undertrained back & legs).
Should i focus on posture and BW exercises for a few months before hitting the weights?
I feel like pushups are probably better than my 15kg dumbell press.

I'm currently boxing and looking to gain muscle at the same time. I know boxing is a shit-ton of cardio and have hopefully accounted for it through added calories. My question is, am I still going mto be able to build muscle if I do my workouts after my boxing sessions? The alternative is that I do them in the morning and then box in the evening however I've noticed my energy is lacking a little. I know that boxing before my workout will deplete my glycogen but will it affect muscle growth that badly? Can I not just work through it?

I worded this poorly, question is: will lifting after heavy cardio negate any muscle growth?

I smiled.

As a rule there is no reason to really put off weight training. That said, you're correct that there's no good reason to be doing bench presses when good ol' push-ups still prove somewhat challenging.

If you want to "improve" your posture, the right selection of exercises will take you far. Emphasize posterior chain and horizontal pulling exercises. But you can still do a little bit of other stuff as well, of course.

The biggest challenge is not so much the extra energy you need to consume. Rather it's the extra stress you need to be able to recover from.
For example, trying to do something like a PPLPPLx routine would be a mistake.

You'd probably see best results from spacing out your boxing and resistance training as much as possible. Even if you can only get a few hours of rest in between the two, that'd be advantageous.
If you need to train twice a day, make sure you get enough carbohydrates post workout.

Assuming you're looking to gain muscle for sports performance, and not for vanity reasons, you can look into Bill Starr's old school 5x5 from The Strongest Shall Survive. Very effective time proven program that was originally made for football players.

Been lifting properly for around 3 months (only half assed every once in a while before then).
176cm, 66kg
Bench is currently 55kg 5x5, row 42.5kg 5x5, OHP 40kg 5x5
Wasn't able to do anything but those for the last 4 weeks due to gym closing...
What would be a good weight for deadlift (1x5) and squats (5x5) based on those stats? Did 3x10 sets of 50kg squats yesterday just to get back into it, was kind of tough by the 9th rep each time but still very doable.

Can I do weights and cardio in one session? if so, which should I do first?

I've been having pains on my stomach lately after lifting. How do I check if I'm not forming an hernia? Should I check my form too or deload the weight of my lifts?

Weights, then cardio.

How I get rid of my big ol' man titties?

You can but you'll be very tired.
General rule is weights first so that you're not too tired doing them (which greatly affects how much you can lift)

get someone to suck them away for you

Is there any reason I should do regular diddly as opposed to sumo?

I am 6'3 and as a result of a couple of surgeries have slightly limited flexibility in my left knee and right ankle. I find that when I deadlift with traditional form I am much less confident with my lower back and feel close to snap city with lower weight. With Sumos I can lift more weight safely and I tend to feel the lift more in my back and hammys. However, I dont think it works my traps as much.

TL;DR I feel better sumo deadlifting than normal, but worried it doesnt work my traps. What do?

Is flaxseed oil beneficial?
Is kratom worth the money and does it work?

flaxseed is the soy of seeds

ZMA is Zinc Aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate, and sometimes has some vit B6 as well. It's good. You can invest in it but eating better food should always be done. Don't supplement with calcium.

Is there anyway to fix a broken arm without going to a hospital?
I am Vegan and broke my arm recently. My family have been telling me for years that I 'don't get enough calcium' and that I will break my bones
If I go to hospital they will find out and will try to force me to eat meat.

The thing is my bones are strong. My arm is broken because I intentionally dropped my bed on it, with extra weights on top because I wanted to pretend I was a farmer dropping a pig he was about to execute. It would have broken either way. I am sure it is broken because it is very bruised and blue.

Besides increased sodium are there any downsides to canned foods?

Just do rack pulls (below the knee) or power shurgs seperately.

t. got retarded gains deadlifting 1x a week and rack pulling 1x

What kind of exercises can I do on rest days without ruining my recovery? For instance, yesterday I worked my legs really hard, are there any workouts related to the legs i.e. wall sits, leg lifts, bodyweight squats, jumping jacks, etc. that I can do without losing yesterday's gains?

Kill yourself user

I...
You.

Stop.

>My arm is broken because I intentionally dropped my bed on it, with extra weights on top because I wanted to pretend I was a farmer dropping a pig he was about to execute.
Vegans are truly mentally ill.

are leucine or bcaa supplements worth buying?

Is there a reliable way to get rid of love handles? I picked up running about six months ago, and started swimming and eating at a deficit six weeks ago. I've noticeably lost weight everywhere but my hips are the last bastion and seem to be unaffected by my workouts. I know there's no way to target weight loss at a specific area exclusively but there has to be a way to get rid of them somehow. Any advice?

Calisthenics and cardio

Tremendous post.

does the 2.5% weight increase mean 2.5% of original weight or current weight, is the muscle growth exponential or linear
Also I followed form but the top of my back still hurts

kek

Ok in about 2 hours I'm gonna meet up with a girl for coffee (UK) need help

>what do i speak about
>how do i say hello (kiss in cheek , hug etc?)
>how to gauge conversation when it dies

Go for hug right away imo. Establish contact. Be confident and engaging. Make the conversation about her, lots of follow up questions. People love talking about themselves.

>what do i speak about
Everything but the Jews
>how do i say hello (kiss in cheek , hug etc?)
Dead stare in her eyes saying "Welcome, m'lady. I will give it my all, to make this the best day in your life, for you are the reason I still wander on this god forsaken earth."
>how to gauge conversation when it dies
Tell her about the Jews

I know soy milk is really bad, but how about almond milk?

I'm going to cut starting in February and I want a milk alternative. Unsweetened almond milk has really low calories and carbs so it looks fine to me.

Hug is good, it shows you're affectionate. I think brits are cold so it's a 50/50 chances.
Try to find out more about her. What she does, hobbies, interests. Find things in common and add your own commentary without being too passive but also don't get into arguments. Do not bring politics and/or current news into the conversation.
If the conversation dies down try to make a small pause and do an observation. It can be about anything really. What she ordered (tell her what you also like to order), the coffee shop (is it nearby, looks cool, come often), weather (probably horrible because it's the UK), etc.

Good luck!

>I'm going to cut
>Milk

If I can't squat correctly with good form; read, my squat is pretty much equal to my bench because I fall over otherwise, should I supplement with leg press? Like squats 3x5, and then leg press 3x5 just to build leg strength?

That's a good point, probably should just avoid it and stop being a bitch and drink my shakes with water

definitely. water instead of milk really isnt as bad as people claim it to be, plus its cheaper

>because I fall over
Sounds like you're doing something wrong. Explain what the problem is.

I over exaggerate, but unless I take a stupid wide stance(Like sumo style) I can't maintain flatfoot squats or I will just fall backwards.

Water, or skimmed milk.

Stubborn fat solution by Lyle McDonald

What exactly is it that you're trying to do that makes you fall backwards?

Gonna look into it, thanks!

I only have like 30 minutes to spend on exercise per day, and I dedicate like 15 minutes of that to cardio. I know I'm not gonna get ripped, but what are the best exercises to do to make the most of my remaining time? I've been using an exercise app, but I'm not really into it. I know squats are going to be a staple.

I got myself a pair of dl socks.
Allan Thrall said if you scrape your shins, you are dl'ing wrong. So I watch I don't.

Still, on my heavier sets, I sometimes "shave" the hair from my shins.

How much of a faggot am I?

I just started lifting and i just can't do squats. with the bar empty i get a sharp pain in my left knee 6-7 reps in.I never had problems with it.Should i just power through it?Can it be because of my posture because i usually sit with my feet under me or crossed?

Get someone with experience to watch your form.
Sounds like you're either twisting your shin from your ankle (because your ankles are a weak point),,,, or,,,, you are bending your knees before breaking your hips.

You don't squat "down"... you squat "back", which is why hips before knees.
Your foot placement may also be torquing your patella tendon the wrong way, too.

>ask for help from a real person who knows what they're doing.

you need a trap bar

It's 0.03g per kg of bodyweight, missed a 0

>Calculate TDEE calories
>Minus calories spent doing exercise
>Eat until original TDEE calories

Is this right?

So my gf is wanting to bulk and lift now and I have some questions. Would SS be good for girls even if they are tiny little twinks? Also 40% protons should be more than enough for her diet right?

Well the gym that i go to is pretty small and i only ever saw 2 guys ever squat/deadlift. The gym "trainer" isn't allways there and i feel autistic asking the 1-2 guys that really know what they are doing and showed me better/safer lifts to coach me during the whole workout.Any yt videos you recommend?

What? Why?

Also put me in the screencap

Does the soy lecithin of my whey proteins have phytoestrogens? Will them turn me into a soyboy?

I shit once every 2-4 days and when I do its always toilet cloggingly huge.
Have tried medication to help and it works when I remember to take it regularly but is there anything else I can do to help it flush without plunging?
Also, should I reincorporate OHP into my routine, alternating between that and bench if I want my traps and shoulders to be a tad more defined? Rows are ok but my traps could use a little more work, which I was thinking OHP would work

Eat more fibre.

You can also enema yourself by drinking a glass of salty water. You need iodized table salt. Put a spoon into a glass and chug that fucker down. You don't need to put anythuing up your ass.

if i want to do calisthenics and lifting when should i do them? rest days or during lifting days?

If you're commited to spending 30 minutes every day, you can get great results. In fact, sometimes being limited on time can work in your favor as it forces you to focus on what matters and cut out the crap.

Don't do 15 minutes of cardio followed by other stuff. Instead, dedicate the whole 30 minutes to either cardio or resistance training.
So that could be 3 cardio sessions and 4 lifting session a week or the other way around.
You don't have to work out every day, 2 cardio session and 3 lifting session per week will work also.
1 cardio session and 2 lifting session is going to be the absolute minimum effective dose (but still effective). You CAN get results without the cardio if you're truly fucked for time.

Most of your cardio session should be regular low intensity steady state. If you do 3 or more cardio session per week, some of these can be high intensity intervals.

For lifting sessions, pick 2 big compound exercises per workout and work those hard. You could do one upper body lift and one lower body, or you could do a push and a pull upper body exercise one day, and a quad and posterior chain focused lower body exercise the next.

Sets and reps and shit don't matter much. Just focus on improving your performance over time.

What's the issue people take with SS?

Calisthenics is literally no different from lifting weights. Treat it the same.

If you're only doing a couple of push-ups here and there for the heck of it, you can do it whenever.
If you're serious about it, implement the exercises into your actual routine.

Why after every lifting sesion there is some blood in my nose. Its not like literal bleeding, but if i sneeze you can see some.

Numerous.

Personally I think the biggest reason many people shit on SS is that new lifters judge a routine on things like before/after pics, completely disregarding the fact that no beginner's routine will ever take you to your endgame, nor is it meant to.

People want to see proof that other people got absolutely ripped from a program before they'll do it themselves. This is of course quite ridiculous as such a result will never happen from your first 3-6 months of training.

But this is hard to wrap your mind around when first starting out. Initially people are very goal oriented as this is what prompted them to start in the first place.

you probably pop a blood vessel. get a doctor to check it out to make sure you are alright.

all right thanks for the advice man

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to answer. This was very helpful.