Professions

What does Veeky Forums for living?

>I've been a construction worker for 5 years and also lift twice a week.
>Been getting good gains, but lately my back feels like it wants to give up.
>im only 22
Pls help

cushiony graphic designer, can work from home and lift in free time.

I get paid 19 buck an hour to do nothing.

I workout 5 Days a week. I am 26.

software and information security. AKA a hacker for good.

last 2 exams and im a doctor
havent been in gym for one month because of studying

Ill treat you op if you want.

Articling accountant

Was making 120k / year working labour before falling for the university meme. Now I make 40k / year and want to kms.

CPA

I'm in the business of not getting paid during govt shutdowns, and still working because I signed a contract 4 years ago saying I would willingly work regardless of pay.

Oof ouch my BAH

>carpenter
I do furniture and cabinetry, so it's not backbreaking work and I make more than most workhorses out on residential/commercial job sites. I'm going to school to be a firefighter, cause I finish working by 2 most days.

Contractor/Property Management. Mainly sit in the office reading Veeky Forums and reddit, but my company builds and flips houses to sell and rent. We do some other shit too.

How'd you snag a government job?

Nothing at the moment. It sucks, I'm bored as hell.

State of Michigan. Applied over 150 times

B4 shit poster here.

Publisher. I run my own publishing company. Barely make minimum wage (900usd / month) after almost 2 years of working, but the future is looking bright.

I don't get it.

Canadian Army. It's like a rollercoaster for gains it's odd

>produce assistant
its at a semi upper class supermarket so no niggers, also all the mangos,pineapple, bananas and watermelon too munch on
$16.00 and hour

trying to find a job in marketing

Read your contracts fucktards Jesus

Does that gif mean everyone in marketing is a snake and you're trying to avoid them or do you actually have a hard time getting a job?

Currently full time student in a business program.
Part time I work valet at a private golf course for the super rich, driving all their nice cars I'll never afford. Haven't done that for a while though because winter.

>23
>studying computer engineering
>comfy part time job in a pawn shop
>chill coworkers, smoke weed with them every shift like a degenerate
>but its ok since our customers are even more degenerate, shitskins, alcoholics and meth addicts
>lift 3-5 times a week, depending on how much uni stuff I have to do

Assistant professor of underwater basket weaving.

What does Veeky Forums for living?
>27
>entrepreneur
>hella broke

Nobodys’ fault but your own, dummy.

read the filename

Same.

Being Veeky Forums in this industry is nice, it's all fatties and soyboys.

Desktop Support

Really puts a hamper on my workout because I have a 1 hour driving commute and I'm emotionally wasted at the end of the day

At least you got those digits going for ya.

I’m a house framer. I take glucosamine for my joints and stretch a lot on my breaks at work.

What's your buisness?

Branch Manager for a logistics brokerage company.

Steady pay, super flexable, can work from home if I wanted (i stay home 3 days out of the week). It's a little hard to find trucks to haul for you right now due to the ELD mandate. Still money there though.

Engineer. It's good. Work in a plant, do continuous improvement projects at my own pace, chum around with the boys in maintenance & production and call it "team building", and am constantly praised by management for the money I save the company. I can fuck up and nobody gets mad. The only way I'll ever catch any shit is if I egregiously fuck up and get somebody killed, which isn't going to happen.

It's extremely low-stress. The school was horrendous though, I probably lifted weights about 3 times during my junior year. The current payoff is worth it.

have two, social media management and tech store

I own and operate a Home care company. I get paid by the government (Medicare and Medicaid)mostly to take care of the elderly and disabled.
I see a lot of seniors who didn't take care of their bodies when they should have.
It really motivates me to keep in shape and eat right.

Consultancy

I work in the fitness industry as a writer for a magazine.

How does one get into this? What skills/qualifications are good to have?

Going into my teaching degree for English now.

Being loser 24/7 and sell shit to people so called salesman.

I'm a union pipefitter. Love working on chillers and steam boilers in the city. Pay and healthcare is fantastic.

I have a journalism degree. I know a shit ton about bodybuilding and it's history.
I know how to network and it helps that the owner my of gym is a former IFBB pro from the 90's. He has helped me out immensely with his connection so I was able to land a great job.

I work in a museum, pays not great but history is my passion so I really enjoy it. It’s in no way a Veeky Forums job though.

Pic related is what I was sorting through today.

fuck, so it's basically connections and/or good luck? I would just really like to do something sports/lifting-related in the future.

You lucky bastard.

>connections and luck
More so connections than luck. If you aren't qualified there isn't shit they can do for you. Before this job I did some radio work and in uni I was fitness editor of a campus publication.

story time, what are some nasty cases you've seen

Electrician, but I make 20x more in my free time by trading crypto.

corporate banker in irrelevant yuropean country

pays above average but not what you'd expect from the movies.

"""devops""" engineering

RETAIL HELL
8-12 HOURS A DAY
EVERY OTHER WORKER IS A FUCKING RUSSIAN FOREIGNER 40-50 YEAR old normie whore

I want to finally go and train,but i can't because i get up at 5:30,and get home at 5pm,after that i don't even have the motivation to eat,or do anything.This job makes me suicidal,no joke.Retail is the worst shit ever.

I;m not good at the green text thing but here goes.
3 patients dying on my shift in front of me.
One holding my hand as he slipped away, i thought he was sleeping.
One of my workers catching a bed-ridden patient crushing oxycodone pills ans snorting them for a quicker pain relief.
I had an 85 year-old woman with more wrinkles than father time come out naked holding a pink dildo asking me to shove it in her puss.She had pierced nipples and had hoop earrings hanging from her boobs. I needed a vacation after that one.
if you want more,let me know.

Software Engineer
I also feel the back getting pissy. I hate sitting all day at work. It's trash.

Electrician. I´m not actually lifting though, I´m just here because /asp/ seems to be solely about WWE nowadays and I love the /fph/.

What kinda labor job pays 120k?

Currently on neetbux, going to trade school for eight hours a week for an electrician degree. Used to do basic nursing, which sucked dicks in itself, but I kinda miss it just for the social interaction I'm utterly devoid of nowadays.

>I had an 85 year-old woman with more wrinkles than father time come out naked holding a pink dildo asking me to shove it in her puss.She had pierced nipples and had hoop earrings hanging from her boobs
More about that

I'm in school to be a psychiatric nurse practitioner. Currently working as a psych nurse at a mental hospital. Nice job that keeps me on my feet. Gains are useful for throwing schizos into seclusion when needed.

>More about that
Lol, nothing more to tell. She had dementia.
I left and sent a FEMALE nurse to deal wit it. The family put her in a nursing home a little while later. She kept leaving her home in the middle of the night and walking down the road.
It was a shame really. Sometimes their bodies are good and the mind is gone and sometimes the mind is good and the body is gone.
I drink A LOT because of things i have seen and had to be involved in.

Planning to become apprentice union sparky here. Any advice?

same, dude. I spend a lot of my time on camp in the oil patch. Camp gyms suck but they get the job done.

What local?

>if you want more,let me know.
yes pls

Robot Technician. Decent pay and doesn't hinder my gains

I don't know anything about American unions.

>High school teacher
>Topless waiter

Product manager for an insurance company. Boring as shit, but the money is good and the benefits are nuts. I milk the gym reimbursement by hitting the best gym in town ($175/month) and the tuition reimbursement by doing a top 10 MBA.

Chef

Get to eat all the chicken I want

Downside is I'm on my feet 8 to 10 hours a day In 30C heat. Not bad for stating lean though

Not paid much though

Onetime,I had a real hard ass pull a shotgun on me when i came to the door for services that day.
I looked at it and said "Buddy make sure you kill me then i won't have to pay bills anymore"
He laughed and put it away. We got along great for a long time after that.
Nothing else too major just your run of the mill crap you deal with in the industry.
I really do hate it though.

Professional Football-Player in Spain, but I work halftime as a producer.

>Freelancer for IT project management consulting investment banks in Euroland...
> 150K-200K a year
> easiest money I ever did
> Work from home or office depending on contract
> lift 3 times a week

I've transitioned entirely to freelance writing. Not entirely stable in terms of cashflow, but enough for a decent living.

Not him/her, but my workmate had once worked for a girl with cerebral palsy, who worked as a prostitute. The girl had genital herpes and put all her benefit money meant for providing the assistant with basic stuff like rubber gloves and hygiene products into booze and makeup.

There was also this one CP guy, who lived off his parents and fucked prosts regularly. Had to shower him, put him on the bed naked, let the girl in, wait for the magic to happen and then mix the happy fella rum cokes for the rest of the night so he could piss his pants the entire night.

Then one other guy had a like 250 lbs friend with muscular dystrophy coming over to drink hard. Of course he fell off his mobility scooter when I alone during the night shift, so I had to channel all of my inner Zyzz to haul him on it again, because our pneumatic crane wasn't meant for picking up people from the floor and after I finally succeeded after an hour or so, he asked for more booze.

The absolute state to what these people sometimes let themselves sink in is just horrifying, but I can't swear I'd fare any better if I was crippled and/or predicted to die in a few years. That point was actually brought up by the whore lover in a teared rant when I confronted him with his rampant alcoholism.

t.

The union kind. $50 bucks an hour plus lots of benefits and retirement in your early fifties.

Congrats bro. I’m in IT as well. Always loved tech and started with building computers. Makes a shit ton of cash in my area when everyone is begging for you to fix their laptops/phones, and you can charge them whatever because they will pay for that shit. Feels good.

Probably some mining town in the middle of nowhere. They make fucking bank, but your literally in the middle of nowhere so you have fuck all to spend it on.

Bartender at microbrewery in a college town.
Pay is decent, but I'm starting to go through my late-20s existential crisis where I'm trying to figure out a job with more upward mobility and benefits. I'd still like to bartend at my current place on the weekends, though.

I do acquisitions for the government (USA).

Currently a GS-12, step 1 making around $72k/yr. Feels good lads. Been to different countries, all over the US. Turned down a job at an investment firm for this a few years ago.

concept artist for videogames

>300 dollaroos a day
>design monsters and characters all d time

Wow dude, you've seen some shit.

Used to bartend at my local joint, and got paid really damn good because I love being social and hearing other people out. Hence why I’m in the therapy business on the side. How long have you been bartending bro? Any interesting stories?

Yep, the beauty with banks is, that even one year projects often have budgets beyond 20million so, my paycheck suddenly appears to be small

Have any concept art on file? I’d love to see bro. I’ve always been interested in concept art for games and movies in general. How did you get started?

welfare

drywaller and painter
op dont forget that 46% of construction workers end up with back injuries before 50. I'm 28 been in this for 15 years. I have a herniated disc in my L1 and tears in both knees. You're 22. Go do something else.

Any union job. Personally was on the railroad.

>23
>Bartender at a chill nightclub
work nights so usually sleep until 2 ish in the day and then workout and chill with friends until my shift starts. Friends usually join me and have a couple of drinks at the club and chill so i'm rarely stressed or bored.
life is good boys

37- electrician/foreman 50-60 hours a week on average
lift 3-6 times a week based on how busy I am.
OP every construction workers back, knees, shoulders, elbows, feet, ankles ect all go to shit.. its the punishment you get for being too stupid to find a desk job, now that you know that you can reward yourself by making the best of your situation and working towards being a foreman, project manager, estimator or get rich owning your own company. Good luck, the odds are against you in the long run.

You work as a producer during half time?

Been working there for about 3 years, also worked in the brewery for about a year and a half, but now I'm back to full-time bartending.
No super crazy stories beyond the occasional fight (one of which was at a wedding reception being held in the beer garden). However one customer did confide in me that his wife was divorcing him and he just got word that his brother who was taking care of his parents in rural Brazil was going to prison, so he had to move to Brazil to take care of them and didn't know when he was going to come back to the USA or see his kids again. To cope with the sudden uprooting of his life, he bought the Sims and every night he gets shitfaced and plays a Sims version of his family in his dream house pretending everything is okay.

Did you post American football to be cheeky or are you actually a playing American football in a Spanish league?

id rather not post art on here.

ive always been interested and good at art at a young age and my parents let me practice for 2 years instead of going to university. I missed out on some social life but I started making money freelancing then landed a job with a studio, and it just carried on from there.

I really recommend just start drawing if you're interested, it's like anything, have to practice hard

>is effectively on welfare

Over what period of time?

Been a NEET for four years and I've been studying the last two of those four years while being given government gibs to do so. I also live in the woods alone for maximum comfy.

Basically I'm a brainlet and I'm being rewarded for it.

>he bought the Sims and every night he gets shitfaced and plays a Sims version of his family in his dream house pretending everything is okay.
That is so sad.

It seems small when you see the #s like that, but then look back at it, and it’s larger than what most people are making, while you still can make big bucks on an off day if need to. It’s a beautiful thing. Add the fact that people get shocked when you tell them what you do, while you lift, and it gets even better.

That’s a horrible situation to hear about that guy, but sadly it happens to many people bro. Especially when you work here in NYC. The stories I got can be put into a whole book. Poor guy using the game as an escape of his downfall. I hope he turned his life around.

It’s all good bro. I’m more than happy for your success in life and your job that you actually enjoy doing. Too many people get stuck in a rut doing a job for the sake of it.

Engineering Student
>get enough money back from scholarships to pay for everything I need
>Just trying to keep my gains while I'm settling into classes and NYRs still infect the uni gym
>classes kinda suck, but I'm already through the worst of it
>only 19
feels bretty good

It’s sad but honestly it’s common for people to do, especially nowadays when shit hits people bro. Escapism at its darkest. I really do hope he turned his life around. That’s all you can hope for when someone is that broken.

Thats me on the picture.

Been a firefighter 7 Years now. Workout 6-7 days a week. Lift 4 of those. Very good job for making/keeping your gains or getting fat if you decide to do nothing

Househusband