Why are bodybuilders shamed?

Seriously. Every fitness/sport activity shits on bodybuilding. Read any training program for MMA, Soccer, Swimming, basketball, whatever.

Without fail it's always:
>we lift weights for functional strength / power and injury prevention, we're not trying to be bodybuilders here

>strength is good for this sport but nothing like a bodybuilder

>doing x will get you in good shape, nothing bulky like a bodybuilder of course

nobody throws as much shade towards rugby or football players so why are athletefags always shitting on bodybuilders? If you're built like a linebacker in any of the sports mentioned, you're gonna have a bad fucking time.

Are people that insecure?

Because modern bodybuilding is a joke

The end goal of bodybuilding is aestetics and adding balanced mass to the body.
The end goal of training for sports is being able to do a specific activity better.
It is therefore important that the athlete that trains for a specific sports do not get caught up in trying to maximize his aestetics or adding unproductive mass since this would be done with the cost of lower performance in his sports. Fx if you are a 100m sprinter you could get tempted to do a lot of curls for them girls but what you need to do to win that trophy is to do some powercleans

10% of the time it is a genuine recognition of the fact that training for a sport and training for aesthetics are two very different things.

But 90% of the time it is cope.

Because strength is shameful and being bizarre is the new standard to look foward

When normies think of body building they think of 5% bodyfat mass monsters at Mr.Olympia. Normies also have a laughable understanding of how muscle gain works and think that if they attend the gym sem-regularly for a few months they'll end up looking like those mass monsters (I'm not even kidding normies are fucking retarded, see how many women actually think they'll get fuck huge from basic ass exercise).

Lots of people in other sports are either trying to reassure these idiots normies to get them to get off their fat asses and actually do something or even worse they have a normie tier understanding of how bodybuilding works.

yeah, but this is such bullshit, watch any NFL game, look how many running backs have 18" arms and shit.

You think they never touch the tricep rope, the muscle jsut magically spawns onto their body?

The desire to mate and breed is one of the most powerful human emotions, ofc youre not gonna be able to stop guys from working on their arms, period

it's seen as narcissistic. Also sour grapes, people who have great bodies must be lacking in other areas so it's not good to be a bodybuilder.
also this

Because
>bodybuilding isn't a sport, it's pagaentry
>bodybuilders look like shit, but delusionally think they look good
>spending an extra hour in the gym posing and winking at people makes you a douche, especially to people who are actually there to train

True. But they would have 19" arms if they weren't told to focus on functionality

Because the stereotypical modern body builder is juiced to the gills, and have developed symptoms like roid gut. No one says that about Arnold or the old school body builders because they still looked pleasing to the eye. Now, the popular image of the bodybuilder is that of a literal ball of muscle. The public image of bodybuilders is so grotesque and disgusting to the eye, that they've been associated the grotesque side of bodybuilding. As much as we joke, most of us don't actually want to look B L O A T M A X X E D or like Rich Piana. It's just not attractive.

That, and the fact that training in the sports you mentioned are a means to an end. You don't actually want to look like a bodybuilder if you're playing any of the sports you listed, with the exception of maybe baseball. Being built like that actively makes you worse in most of those fields.

Because bodybuilding is a retarded waste of time by and for mentally ill queers

>athletes
>not strong
>don't (mostly) have good bodies

Fight me you fucking cuckold

Meh, I only ever seen of or heard of one person with those not on roids, MasT.

Past a certain point it gets next to impossible to build muscle. Likely running backs and stuff would do the same fucking workout they do if they werent in the NFL, or prehaps just hacve the same upper body and no legs

u can only get so big

>r like Rich Piana. It's just not attractive.

cuck

most athletes are 120 lb reeds with 12" arms

That kid is going to grow up to be a nutjob, seriously has there been a worse parenting trend in history? As a historian (though parenting is not a subject I've touched upon)

I didn't mean it to be taken literally. Are you implying that NFL players and MasT are not on roids though?
Overall NFL is not the best example for this discussion since (as far as I know, don't watch it) there is a degree of overlap on their training
goals and the goal of a bodybuilder. Larger muscle mass is an advantage when you wrestle, upperbody mass is an advantage for grapping and throwing the ball, well developed legs helps with powerfull running

>well developed legs helps with powerfull running

And fucking snowbunnies too

You can see a lot of NFL players aren't on roids, and a lot are. It's pretty easy to spot, and a lot of the not on roids ones still have very nice physioques, by bodybuilding standards.

MAsT didn't take roids from birth, you know. Before He took them, he was much bigger than most people on roids are already.

There's a large genetic componment to all this, you don't see why MasT or a small portion of running backs (a small portion of PRO athetletes) might have genetics that allow them 18" arms without gear?

Hmm, I dunno. Bodybuilding is a lot of isolation work, higher rep range, I would want a running back doing powercleans, dl, squat, in low rep ranges.

I'm pretty certain that these running backs do the team workouts then in their spare time they go to a commer4cial gym to work on their arms

Personally I box and can tell you boxers will shit on it because no one who bodybuilds and has come into the boxing gym I go to and has any cardio, which most sports require, and shit flexibility, and relative to their weight, are pretty weak. There was a power lifter to come to my gym on the other hand, who after a few weeks of learning the technique now has a stronger straight than everyone else in the club. Bodybuilding gives almost no advantage in the vast majority of sports, probably like 98% of them, and thats why it will always be shit on. It's not a fucking sport.

Id say this one is worse but who knows, perhaps in 4 years they will whore him out too

>There was a power lifter to come to my gym on the other hand, who after a few weeks of learning the technique now has a stronger straight than everyone else in the club. Bodybuilding gives almost no advantage in the vast majority of sports, probably like 98% of them, and thats why it will always be shit on. It's not a fucking sport.

The actual differences between a natty training for bodybuilding and powerlifting is pretty small. You proved yourself wrong in your own post.

hahaha. No.

PS: There is much less difference between roided and natty training than you think, in general, more sets to failure, more food, more growth

Because it's literally a homo beauty pageant

We can discuss for days weather most of professional athletes are on PED's or not. I'd say that it is hard, if one is not on PED's, to compete with people on PED's and I would say that many highly profitable industries are willing to look the other way if it'll raise their bottom line.
It's beyond the point though. Your claim that you can spot that people are NOT on roids is incorrect. You can in some cases with some certaincy tell when somebody is taking steroids though. There are lot of people you see in the gym that do not look impressive that are on roids.
MasT didn't have 19" arms from birth, you know. He also seemed very unbalance and I wouldn't say that it is impossible that he were a lying fraud on some levels.
I never claimed that 18" arms were impossible without gear though.

Cloud men ruined the sport, gone are the golden days when Mr Olympia was a god among men. Now Mr Olympia is a freak among the weak.