Hi im seeking some ‘alternative’ health and fitness advice. I’m a 5’6, 185lbs, 18yr old female...

hi im seeking some ‘alternative’ health and fitness advice. I’m a 5’6, 185lbs, 18yr old female. I want to lose weight and be healthy but I don’t have a lot of control over what I eat because my parents control groceries and they eat pretty poorly. I’m afraid of fasting because I’ve been told that my metabolism will slow down. I’ve skimmed the sticky but still am kind of lost. How can I get healthier and slimmer while in college? Also I’ll be seeking employment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BrlBSuuy50Y
dailymotion.com/video/x2zuhks
youtu.be/hJAKWQ6dDpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kys

eat less and work out, ask for veggies and meat

>I’ve skimmed the sticky

Read the sticky. Bye.

There isnt really alternative, you could talk to your parents about the food they buy and try to get them to buy healthier shit.
Also if youre looking to slim down then just watch calories. You could literally melt butter down and stir in sugar and drink it all day as long as its under your calorie deficit.

In short, dont eat as much = lose weight
do cardio and lift = get healthy

Your metabolism will be fine as long as you keep putting on muscle and prioritizing protein if you're really restricting calories. Progressive bodyweight routine, cardio, and doing the best you can to eat healthy. Spinach is so much easier to eat than 5 plates of salad but you'll just have to deal if that's what they're serving at the dining hall

*cooked spinach

What the fuck does being female have to do with anything. Eat less you fucking snowflake

>read sticky
>still lost

Either youre fucking retarded, or youre long and didnt read it.

Diet and exercise. Nothing more, nothing less.

post body

>I’ve been told that my metabolism will slow down

wtf, butter and sugar would still make you chubs and it would have internal health problems. worst advice I've seen on this board.

kys my man

>skimmed
you're never gonna make it, love... better start your HAES Tumblr right now

Lying*

Fucking Phone posting

btw dont do Veeky Forums's meme diets like fucking fasting its retarded, i lost ever 50 kilos and never fasted in my life
i lost 10 kilos in one month

Not if its for 1000 cals a Day you retard.

Be my gf, I’ll give you daily fat loss workouts

Pls

>Starvation is bad, OK?
that part in the sticky, you should read it

>fasting is retarded because I lost weight doing a different method
>t.brainlet

This is your one chance.
>extended snakejuice fasting
>do an upper/lower split (lurk here to figure out which one, it should be like ULxULxL) or a 3/week fullbody
>stop drinking soda, you should only drink fresh water when you eat, and snakejuice while on a fast
>stop drinking coffee
>stop eating candy

Read the sticky you retard

But it's misinformation. Metabolism doesn't slow down significantly until your in the single digit BF% region.

>sugar and butter
>1000 cal per day
>Not looking like a malnourished skeley

Whoever gave you this advice was memeing you.

That shit did happen to Biggest Loser contestants and they were not that lean, even at the end. But it also could just be because they had less weight to carry around and therefore burned less calories existing. I hate the sticky and I already said what I wanted to say in another post, fuck it.

Youre missing the point.
We were talking about if you could lose weight on sugar and butter. You can, if you eat around 2000 calories a Day.
You would look like shit, but you would lose weight.

If you want to lose weight the easiest way is to count calories in vs calories out. Perhaps do some cardio and exercise to burn more calories. Also a good thing would be to cut out many of the unhealthy foods that contain tons of calories like cheese, meat, milk and eggs. So my advice would be; go vegan! Seriously just go vegan and deny all the food that contain animal products in them. Vegans are the ONLY diet group with healthy BMI. I would recommend checking that you get some B12 though especially for the long term, this can be either through getting some fortified foods like soy/almond/rice milk or meat substitutes or supplements. You can perhaps go with your parents when doing groceries and pick some stuff or ask them to bring some stuff.
You can also try to convince your parents to go vegan as well or at least to cut down on heavy consumption of these foods. Of course you would need a reason to go vegan in the first place, I would recommend you these three documentaries and perhaps you can watch them with your parents or something.
ETHICS:
youtu.be/BrlBSuuy50Y
ENVIRONMENT:
dailymotion.com/video/x2zuhks
HEALTH:
youtu.be/hJAKWQ6dDpQ

Choose a documentary that best fits your personality and what would convince you the most to go vegan. I think since you're a woman (woman tend to have more empathy and compassion than man) that the documentary regarding ethics could really be a big eye opener (warning, it isn't pretty) and perhaps finish with health to really hammer the nail for going vegan.

>pissed off at the sight of the word female
>fucking snowflake
nice dude. real level head.

The single biggest thing you can do is not eat sugar. Read the labels in everything you are going to eat, if it has sugar, syrup, honey, or anything of the sort, dont eat it

Inb4 Reddit advice

Protip- Fat makes you more hungry than other foods, fill up on less fatty food and you will crave less.

If you want to starve yourself of good nutrients/things you need then continue to eat the way you do but eat less.

Get a BALANCED DIET. I cannot stress this enough. If that means you cut back on chips but eat an apple then do that.

Try and replace certain foods with a healthy alternative. Just this alone will make you more awake and help you loose weight.

Eventually you should be cutting out things like soda and chips but realistically this won't happen overnight, do this slowly.

Most of all try to get your parents to buy healthy things. Small things here and there because if they are fat slobs that don't care about their own diet they will try to drag you down/won't care and you really don't want that.

Also since you will eat better you will have more energy, exercise then not to start out with. Focusing on your diet should make you loose weight, once you do this then exercise.

Honestly eat more natural things. I think meat is good but this canned, bagged, processed crap they put in cheap products kills so keep it more on the green side.

Hope this helps

>vegan food pyramid

Thank you so much for these responses. I really appreciate it. This really wasn't the state I wanted to be in as a freshman but I'll try not to get so depressed about it. Ultimately I just want to be happy and healthy!

Hahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Obesity Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Plate Like Nigga Close Your Mouth

You're welcome, I can help you further if you want I'm a professional trainer with 7+ years experience. Send some contact information, you can pay me in noods.

c-c-can you dump your anime relationships folder ?

Not sure how serious you are but these are from a manga called Lovely Complex. It's about a manlet and an amazon who fall in love.

Black coffee / tea is fine though, its all the extra crap people put in it that makes it shitty for you.

Just eat less
Bitch lasagna

>Lovely Complex

thanks

>5’6
>185lbs
>18yr
hnnnnnnng... stay thicc bby grl

holy shit, do vegans really eat that much food a day?
Must take up so much time preparing and eating food

tits or gtfo

quads of truth

Post a picture of yourself in your underwear.
Front and side.
It'll help to see how (and where) fat you are.

you're on the right track by avoiding fasting, you will be low in energy and spirit
that might sound weird but you won't be able to stop thinking about food and lose interest in anything else you do (work/hobbies)

I'm not mad I was just pointing out that OP is retarded. Females don't lose weight differently. You can say fuck in a non aggressive way. Work construction for a bit.

fasting is a meme for dyels

literally just eat smaller portions of the food?

your parents can buy all the junk they want but only eat a small amount of each. check the nutritional info for the portion size, and track your intake using an app (myfitnesspal is pretty good but anything will do).
i'd suggest you stick to ~1300 calories daily since you probs aren't an active person being in college and all.

you don't need to fast, but try intermittent fasting- start eating after 10am, and don't eat anything past 7pm. just use your brain