ITT: The worst of newyears

Post the worst thing you saw the new year's fags do this year.
>Going to the gym for my after work cardio and light lifting
>Finish my 15 minutes on the tread mill and go pick up some barbells
>Start curling when a guy walks over to a curl bench
>Loads the barbell up with 2 45s on each side
>No way he can curl that much, he's got almost no tone whatsoever
>Lies down on the bench
>Go on
>Grabs the barbell from underneath
>By this point I've finished my curls and am supersetting with crunches
>he lifts it over his head
>The barbell slowly falls to his chest
>Oh shit, he can't lift it
>Can't help, I have 15 more sit ups to do
>He barely manages to get it off his chest only to have it fall back down 4 more times
>Eventually manages to put it back on the rack
>mfw the whole time

Just today a mom was advising her probably 12 year old son that he isn't allowed to put weight on the squat rack because she can only do the bar. Now I have no idea how 12 year old kids work but I would assume that he could probably squat like 70 lbs or something, and he got incredibly emo that he couldnt. Like this kid was aspiring to become part of the next Korn with how he was yelling. She ended up leaving early because of his attitude thankfully.

>Worst of New Year's
>B-Day December 31
>no friends
>awkward kickback with cuz
>last time I smoked at least

always see skinny gooks doing calisthenics on gym equipment (planks on the only good bench, pull-ups in the smith machine)

Last week
>benching 205 working weight
>literally laying down with my hands on the bar
>some Indian fuck comes over and takes a 10 off of my fucking bar
>see him last second
>say what the fuck dude
>he’s obviously new and doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing so don’t flip out on him
>says sorry, puts it back and fucks off somewhere
>try to get in the zone again, close my eyes listen to music etc
>go to lift off again
>he’s on the other fucking side taking a 10 off my god damn bar
>flip out on him
>he stammers out a sorry and puts it back
>I’m beyond pissed now, death stare at him while he catback deadlifts 155 for one
>never see him again

Today
>deadlifting
>hitting 425 for triples
>only deadlift platform is taken so I’m on the floor beside it
>in between sets
>2 Indian kids want to deadlift
>take a bar from somewhere else
>set it down 2 feet from mine, parallel to it
>literally right where I would stand if I was setting up
>they’re doing 155, not to bad of an arch but god awful form
>just stare at them until I make eye contact
>they get the hint, pick up their bar in tandem and carry it a few feet away beside me
Fucking Indians I swear

benching 205 but deadlifting 425...
do you have very long arms?

i half viveo

Its ok user, you'll get friends this year if you try.

Its a good thing you didn't help, ego-lifters faggots like these should fucking die.

Pretty much nothing I go late at night. I did go during day once and I saw somebody doing barbell lunges in the tredmil area

>Two beaners at a Smith machine
>Bar is on the highest locks
>Take turns hanging upside down from the bar with feet tucked into the upper frame to do crunches

>Woman doing ballet stretches in a smith machine for 1.5 hours

The most annoying thing has been seeing all of the people who are using momentum to do the work for them and thinking they're getting gains.

whats happening here

Eh not the worst thing because of how young he is. Should get form first. And I'm sure the bars enough. But damn that's a man's job to take a son out to the gym. Fuck if he doesn't have a daddy get him a trainer.

Indians are so fucking quirky man, I have to talk to them daily at my job. They are just a ridiculous people.

a pale imitation of a legendary thread

shame on you OP

pl8s far from racks

none of them realized though

>smith machine crunches

HAHAHAHA

>cardio first then cardio and THEN lifting

Fuck you op

I have the same number 5'9 with 5'11 or so wingspan

The guy squatting in the curl rack pasta was funnier.

>thissss

When I was in high school I could hex bar 430 and could barely do 135 for reps.

Bingo. Thank you. worst thing I heard of this year.

Fuck off OP

Brainlet here to derail the thread.

What's so bad about cardio before lifting?

Hang on, I'll answer as soon as I'm done with my curl/crunch superset

Blood is too busy being pumped harder to your legs to compensate for cardio rather than whatever you are working out after cardio, thus making you lift weaker because the blood is going to your legs rather than the muscle you are working out

Even if I just do running/cycling/rowing as a warm up for 5 or so minutes?

Definitely on the longer side. Played hockey since I was 5 so I’ve always had a stronger lower body
The only good ones are the 3rd gen Americanized ones that want nothing to do with their smelly heritage. Gf is like 1/4 pajeet and absolutely hates them

I'm pretty sure it's actually a good idea to do a couple minutes of cardio to get your blood moving faster to your whole body to actually make you lift better. That's what my coach always told us.

You shouldn't listen to that retard broscience and definitely warm up before lifting, everyone should.

Warming up is one thing. I mean, it's kinda obvious that you shouldn't just dive in to lifting cold. But what about relatively heavy cardio?

I shoot basketball for like an hour or two before lifting. How much is this fucking me over?

you waste your energy for the lifts son ,a couple of minutes to get warmed up and then go to lift is the way to go.
And cardio after lifting is god tier

>fat chicks walking out of the gym as I arrive
>"that was terrible, I thought the gym was supposed to make you feel better about yourself!"

Are you progressing like you should?

Wasting your blood sugar and glycogen on something that's not even what you're there to do.
You should warm up with lighter weights of the exercise you plan to do. Anything else is just warming up the wrong body parts in the wrong ways.
You waste energy, you waste your time, and you potentially injure yourself when you think you can walk up to a 2pl8 squat after having been on the bike for ten minutes.

Cardio is for after, not before. Don't lose sight of why you're in the gym, which is (or at least it should be if you have any sense) lifting heavy ass weights.

Sounds like good use of those piece of shit machines. My gym has two cages and two smith machines. I wish they'd ditch at least one for another cage.

I hit a wall after the noob gains stage, but I just thought I wasn't eating enough.

how

Probably not what you’re looking for, but this happened at my gym on the 1st

>short, goofy looking gym bro walks in all excited
>pulls out some sparklers and snakes and is asking a couple of regulars to go outside with him to set them off
>we live on the Oregon coast, so it’s raining and cold as fuck
>one other guy goes outside with him
>the whole time, sparkler-bro is looking through the gym windows at the treadmills, where a gym bunny is running
>she’s a regular too
>he has this retarded fucking smile on his face
>it’s like when you’re showing your friend a video, and you keep glancing at their face to gauge their reaction
>that’s how hes looking at her
>he sets them all off, and then turns towards the windows again
>gym bunny got tired of being stared at and went in the back to do stretches
>he looked so fucking hurt
>he laughs it off, and both guys go back in the gym

>old guy half repoing everything with terrible form
>run into him on the way out of the gym and strike up a convo
>he’s actually a decent guy

Man, fuck you. I love the smith machine. I can’t bench with my friend, since we are on different schedules, and I hate asking a random guy to spot me. Using the smith machine has helped me improve my form and increase my bench, while allowing me to test my limits without a spotter.

Also I’ll do those weird Bolivian squats, or whatever they’re called. Much easier in a smith machine.

>skeleton teenager wants to get big
>starts doing stretches and hops on treadmill
Should i talk to him? Or will he leave anyways and i would have barked for nothing

>how do i rerack plates?

We have a lot of transfer students from china/taiwan in my uni and they hit the gym. Always see them fuck around with curling machines and stationary bikes. They're all skeletons and have been that way ever since i saw them last year. Made me wonder why they even bother coming to the the gym

>two chubbed out mexican gals start showing up January 3rd to the gym at my apartment complex
>their first instinct after grabbing 2 mats each is to hoard every stepping platform and stack them ontop of eachother
>they then dump the entirety of the dirty towels basket ontop of the clean towels
>use all the stepping platforms and towel basket to prop up their phone and BT speaker
>max volume blasting some retarded yoga fitness channel
>they hoard every set of weights from 15-25
>push bench into the corner of the room where it can't be used
>in the way of the lat pulldown machine

Eh, it could be worse.

They (claim they) don't find muscles attractive.
They like ottermode at most, maybe even not that muscular.

Could be the heavy cardio, try doing it after lifting for a week and see if it helps

Haha epic variation of the "guy puts barbell on shoulders and tries to sit down" copypasta
McFuckingKYS

>>Lies down on the bench
On a curl bench? How?

>Come in to the gym at 5:30 on monday
>see two ottermode twinks squatting lmao2pl8 in my rack
>walk over and tell them, "5 minutes".
>walk away, trying to keep my cool around these obvious newbies
>come back and they're still hogging my rack
>walk over, grab one of their bags and throw it across the room
>scream in his face to get off my rack
>he does, like a bitch
>his buddy just walks off with him
>haven't seen them since, but next time I do they've got a 45 coming at their heads

KEK someone please post the original story.

kek fucking pajeets