Strength vs aesthetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SYiFEVLaVKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unanswerable questions?

How do I achieve ayylmao mode?

strength is useless in the modern world
aesthetic can give you respect and money, the only things that matter

Strength is really only good for lifting weights...
When it comes to actually dominating another person it's really all about muscular endurance and the ability to use power through a long period of time.

So Endurance and Power combined gets you dominance over other men in combat sports.

Aesthetics gets you on a stage like a bikini girl and also you get to fuck girls that are into muscular men.

Strength is for gym rats who care too much about how much iron they can lift.

>strength is useless in the modern world
aesthetic can give you respect and money, the only things that matter

But strongman can kick your ass.

this. ironically, turns out that aesthetics are more functional than strength.

>i-if I litft people will like me r-right?

>But strongman can kick your ass.
at lifting weights sure
not actually kick my ass
youtube.com/watch?v=SYiFEVLaVKw

You can't go wrong with strength. Why be weak when you can be strong?

Most people are already plenty strong. If they wanted to defend themselves in a fight, which will never happen, the smart man would learn something like karate or get a weapon. So if you're lifting aesthetic is pretty much the way to go. Plus if you achieve aesthetic you're already plenty stronger than most men because hey lifting is lifting. Only maybe 1 in every 30 guys will be able to kill you in a fight which again wont happen

because becoming strong doesn't actually mean strength, it's really just a crippling weakness that turned into a complex

you run to a gym, an air conditioned building, to lift weights until you get tired, then rest before lifting again until you get tired... with symmetrical pretty metal things that are designed to be lifted easily with our grip.

Real strength is either being able to feed your family during a crisis or just being able to win in combat sports.

These are both trained fighters. When two people without any martial prowess fight each other the bigger and stronger guy is going to win most of the time.

Why the fuck would you be untrained if you want real strength?
Go fucking join a boxing gym and make sure to do your jump rope, road work, and HIIT training.
You can kill any weightlifter with a 5 plate+ deadlift.

martial progress makes size difference matter less, not more.

This.

There's literally no reason you can't be strong while being aesthetic you colossal faggots.

>Be strong bad ass like Vegeta or be aesthetic autist like Goku?

Strength motherfuckers!

>Because everyone is a professional MMA fighter.
You realize that MMA fighters do quite a bit of strength training, right?

>bad ass like Vegeta
Manlets can't be bad ass

>trivializing the amount of mental discipline it takes to remain consistent

>Real strength is either being able to feed your family during a crisis or just being able to win in combat sports.
Not really. You can prep for disasters and arm yourself for protection.

Physical and mental strength go hand in hand.

This is how the Japanese see black people.

What's the use then genius?

How retarded do you have to be not to think of a use for strength? Literally any time you have to pull, push, lift or hit anything. Have you ever moved house? Have you ever done the grocery shopping? Have you ever mowed a lawn? Have you ever had to push start a car or change a tyre? Or do you just sit in your room and play video games and tug your willy to the female characters? I guess you don't need much strength for that.

t. guy who doesn't have to move furniture

The absolute state of your reading comprehension.

No i have money for all those, stuff i can't pay people like groceries i have enough strength already
I thought there's something i missed, it's a mistake to give a poor brainlet a chance to explain

The absolute lack of your understanding of martial arts.

Dozens of huge powerlifters get absolutely bodied in martial arts unless they are on a lot gear and stimulants.

Need I remind you of that one olympic wrestler who was beaten to death by that manlet MMA guy?

>those delts
not natty

I lift because it makes me more confident to smash PRs

Ergo, strength.

And it will get you in particular neither so just do whatever feels best.

As a natty you should really strive for both. PPL won't get you anywhere past year 1

user, the guy you replied to pointed out that Goku and Vegeta are both trained fighters, then pointed out that in a fight between *TWO UNTRAINED FIGHTERS,* the winner will almost surely be the person who is stronger.

When we remove fighting technique from the equation, as will be the case with the general public, a fight is most often decided by strength. Your reply was "if you train in martial arts you become a better fighter." Well no shit, you moron. That's not the conversation user was having, though.

Can a weaker person overcome a stronger opponent through superior technique? Of course. But we're not talking about a trained person vs. an untrained person. We're talking about two untrained people. That's why your reading comprehension is a fucking joke.

>No i have money for all those,
Yeah but you're still paying people to use their strength to do those jobs you numbskull

Ive been playing sports and lifted with my friends since I can remember. For some people (not the US maybe), physical activity is part of their daily life. To tell yourself it needs mental discipline to get to the gym four times a week to workout is laughable and truly pathetic.
How little have you going in your life that you need to elevate something as simple and meaningless as lifting to your religion? For healthy, well-adjusted people sports is just a part of life. They dont obsess over programs, argue with strangers over dietary approaches or delude themselves into thinking lifting weights is ground-breaking and only for the mentally strong. Get a grip and reevaluate your life m8

banging your BF in the pooper doesn’t count as a sport user

I don't understand how people claim strength/weight aren't important.

>be me and my friends
>light weight but trained in Muay Thai
>sparring with guys who lift, just for fun (we train in the same building)
>if we did not have years of training, most of us would have been fucked

Just the sheer force some guys can produce by being heavier is ridiculous.

I'm 1,80cm and weigh 75kg.
Two of my opponents were at the same height but one had a 20(kg) advantage and the other 12. You can't block attacks from heavier opponents, you have to dodge them otherwise you're fucked.

>this

thanks for the only reasonable post here user

This is what someone who has been in a fight sounds like. Gj user. I remember the first time I got kicked by a guy who weighed 70lbs more than me. Literally put all his force into it, broke through my guard, and sent me flying (not rolling, flying) to the other end of the mat.
Tbh I tried my best not to let that shit happen again, and that's when I learned a second valuable fighting lesson. When you are that much stronger than your opponent you can just plant yourself and demolish their guard over and over again until they cannot block (or will not because it hurts too much).
Fighting against a MUCH stronger opponent hand to hand is honestly pretty retarded. Once you've been in and lost a real fight, it kinda puts anime autism in a new perspective.

>implying you can't achieve both

>He doesn't know about the coming fall of society

Just wait till the banks crash. Then where will your "aesthetics" get you.

And strength will? This is the stupidest meme of all. Being strong doesn't make you a good fighter or good in a survival situation. Also being larger and stronger in a situation where food is potentially scares isn't a good thing. Extra weight and muscle will literally melt off you in a month where you are not in a situation where you can work out or eat enough to maintain.

A gun/training would be a far better use of your time.

Lifting for strength is a good hobby, but it's not going to do anything special for you.

my mom momves furniture, anyone that is aesthetic is also able to easily move any furniture

This thread is the perfect time to ask this question.

If strength isn’t that important, then what’s the real harm in doing a full body workout 5 times a week, Monday through Friday? I’m not actively trying to bulk, so you would think I’d still get hella fit, right? Please, I need someone, somewhere, to advocate this routine for me.

LOL fuck yeah nigger I’m trained in mai tai too

*clink*

You can't recover from a fullbody workout, 5 times a week.

The thing is, you can build strength using submaximal weights while training for aesthetics. Everyone looks at studies and concludes, "1-5rm is better for strength so it's the only way to build strength" when truth is it's only optimal isn't even close to being necessary for building strength. Yes you will build strength faster lifting heavy. No heavy lifting is not necessary for strength training. Muscles build fantastic strength adaptations through high rep training. Optimal is a meme.

so you spend hours in the gym to be able to help your friends move. wow great goals my dude

Getting stronger is still important for aesthetics but it's a secondary goal

How does this connect to Strength vs Aesthetics debate?

>I lift for functional strenght