/bloatboys/

Who else /bloat/ here?

No matter how much i work out (or don't) and keep a stable diet, I can't ever lose my belly or face fat and get properly lean. Is it from all these diet sodas? They're the only bad thing I have. Is it dairy or gluten related? Fuck boise

>stable diet
>diet sodas

It's my only crux, along with bread sometimes (twice a week at most). I've never been overweight in my life but I've always had this damn bloat on me.

The real question is why are you complaining about being bloated if you know the fucking reason and you continue to do so?

Because I'm a brainlet. I only just recently realized I have acid reflux because it never harmed me, it was just annoying having to clear my throat all the time. If I stop drinking soda, I will lean up?

So this is all it takes?

Dude if you have acid reflux it can and will get worse when you’re older if you keep drinking stuff like soda or dairy my mother has it so bad it fucked her entire esophagus and she literally can’t go 2 minutes without coughing a lung up sometimes
On that note assuming you’re eating good healthy wholesome food and possibly working out. Yes. Some people can’t just hope to calorie deficit their way to abs, you gotta give your body the extra push by taking initiative

Thanks for the decent reply man. Does your mom have an intolerance to gluten also? I'm about to go traveling and it will be hard to stick to a paleo-esque diet.

Do you know how old she was when she finally got it all sorted out? It's expensive having to drink Gaviscon after every meal too.

Gluten is not in my vocabulary who tf cares about gluten
She never got it sorted out you can’t fix an acid-damaged esophagus lol

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing the reflux and excluding particular foods for a few weeks at a time is a good way to test for it, but I'm trying to speed it up.
How old was she when she realized it was an issue and started a diet (or similar) against it?

Acid reflux usually takes months to fix, I’ve been eating healthy for 3 months haven’t had soda or dairy or fast food and it’s actually acting up for me right now, it’s partly a hereditary thing considering my dad gets stomach ulcers and my mom has too much stomach acid, but definitely if I hadn’t drank 40000 mountain dews from 2nd to 12th grade I’m sure I would be totally fine

What do you do to reduce the symptoms? I never realized it was acid reflux (heartburn) because I was never in pain so I didn't realize something was wrong until someone mentioned I clear my throat every few seconds when I talk. Fuck. I hope yours improves very soon.

It’s really rare for me idk why it just happened a few minutes ago but it’s been awhile. Prevacid helps, for me it used to be ripe tomatoes that would cause it, or even ketchup. Soda definitely doesn’t help and neither will fast food, I ironically drink small amounts of milk just because it’s soothing on my throat lol

What do you actually feel when you realize it's happened? I'm just in a constant state of being aware of having a gross slimy throat until I have Gaviscon (antacid) but that is so expensive to keep up with. You'd never believe that I'm a fucking singer baka

And can you drink alcohol at all man? Straight spirits seem to temporarily cut through my mucus which is unironically good

When heart burn has happened? Fucking burning but with no heat in the back of your throat that you can’t do anything about
>stomach ulcers
Literally one of the most painful bodily functions I can think of. Not even a fucking ginormous shit you have to pain through could amount to that

I drink a fuck ton well I did but it weirdly enough didn’t really have an effect on me until I was drunk, and the next day I’d be fine

What the fuck? This is confusing and daunting as hell. I guess it's eating meat and veggies every day and staying completely clean. Jesus fuck me dead.

And no fucking caffeine whatsoever?

>diet sodas
>Literally drinking neurotoxin.
WTG.

Apparently it's any form of caffeine.

Ok OP, which of the following is the most likely:

1. Your diet isn't as healthy as you claim it is or youre simply eating too much

2. You're a genetic marvel that can't lose fat.

G-g-genetic m-marvel of course. It seems like I've got bad acid reflux and that is responsible for a lot of the bloat.

Swap the diet cokes for peppermint teas and I guarantee there will be no acid reflux.

fat deposits and distribution are genetic

don't procreate

but my family loads must be passed on